PDA

View Full Version : Robinson and Burnet both upset tonight.

Bosqueville
10-31-2014, 10:41 PM
Burnet loses to La Vega and Robinson loses to Gatesville.

FB-fanatic
10-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Wow! LV=bad Gville=bad. Had a cousins kid playing on the Gville D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

FB-fanatic
10-31-2014, 10:54 PM
Cam... Cam...?

bobcat1
10-31-2014, 11:02 PM
Cam... Cam...?

He's not gonna be happy being pirated and all.

panfan
10-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Burnet loses to La Vega and Robinson loses to Gatesville.

Say what?

Rocket Man
10-31-2014, 11:53 PM
The whole frigging district went upside down tonight. I consider Lampasas beating China Spring an upset too!

What does Cam always say, "This is all Greendawgs fault!"

Oh well, what's district without a little excitement. The Brunettes will still finish first but after that there be murky waters.

lv2937
11-01-2014, 12:36 AM
La Vega and Burnet has the same record now don't they? If so LV will be in first and us 2nd since the beat us.

Rocket Man
11-01-2014, 01:15 AM
La Vega and Burnet has the same record now don't they? If so LV will be in first and us 2nd since the beat us.

I think that is right if y'all both win next week, which y'all should easily do. It should also make y'all Rocket fans, for at least one night anyways. But the way things are going with this team, I'm afraid LV will win.

Cam
11-01-2014, 03:18 AM
Cam... Cam...?

:wave:....I'm here dammit!....:D

Cam
11-01-2014, 03:23 AM
He's not gonna be happy being pirated and all.

No kiddin'...it's like a pirate took his hook, reached into my ass, yanked out an internal hemoroid...and fed it to his parrot, Polly!!...."Polly want a hemy...Poly want a hemy??"......:doh:

Cam
11-01-2014, 03:25 AM
The whole frigging district went upside down tonight. I consider Lampasas beating China Spring an upset too!

What does Cam always say, "This is all Greendawgs fault!"

Oh well, what's district without a little excitement. The Brunettes will still finish first but after that there be murky waters.

....This is all Greendawgs fault!.......He forgot to wear his lucky beer bottle cap necklace tonight!!!!

Cam
11-01-2014, 03:39 AM
Wow! LV=bad Gville=bad. Had a cousins kid playing on the Gville D.

I'm not sure why so many folks say LV is "bad"....Although their overall record is 4-5....guess what?.....They are now 3-1 in district play and if I'm not mistaken they are one win away from being crowned district champs!!!
LV has some nice talent....and RB Cameron Henry is one of the better backs I've seen this season.....that kid has some jukes!....IMO, Burnet came out smoking and took a quick 14-0 lead...but then it appeared they went kinda flat....but give LV credit for that...they caught fire...if you like games with big plays, this game had it's share of them. To name a few:
Burnet - WR Joel Johnson - 56 yd. TD pass
Burnet - WR/RB Steven Gallardo - 35 yd run
LV - WR Parrish Cobb - 64 yd TD pass
LV - WR Parrish Cobb - 25 yd TD pass
Burnet - WR Steven Gallardo - 61 yd TD pass
LV - RB Cameron Henry 170 yds on 15 carries

.......will be interesting last week of the season that's for sure!!!

Gen.Pat
11-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Shocked.

FB-fanatic
11-01-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure why so many folks say LV is "bad"....Although their

Lorena beat Lavega, and Lorena is the fourth place team in the district this year. That is why we say "bad".

Rabid Cougar
11-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Lorena beat Lavega, and Lorena is the fourth place team in the district this year. That is why we say "bad".

No.. its typical Waco District play. Everyone can beat everyone else on any week.....

Rabid Cougar
11-01-2014, 11:42 AM
no.. Its typical waco district play. Everyone can beat everyone else on any week..... No message

Rabid Cougar
11-01-2014, 11:43 AM
burnet loses to la vega and robinson loses to gatesville.

what the hell?

Cam
11-01-2014, 12:43 PM

....then I guess Burnet is "horrible"!.....

Bosqueville
11-01-2014, 01:45 PM
what the hell?

And of course China Spring fades down the stretch like the last 3 years.

stardog
11-01-2014, 05:19 PM
WOW what a spooky Halloween Night. The underdogs all beat the favorites and really scrambled the puzzle. After Lampasas lost big to Robinson and Gatesville looked like they were sinking fast. After Burnet blew Gatesville away I didn't think G could beat anyone. Lampasas took La Vega to OT, and they took it to China Springs. and Gatesville beat Robinson ?? Coaches did great getting them back on track. La Vega recovered from a good start by Burnet and won. I guess there a several senerios for how the seeding for playoffs will work out. May not try to figure this one out till next Saturday morning. Then it may take some coin flips or draw straws. Anyway who ever makes the playoffs from this district should do good in the playoffs.

stardog
11-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Must comment on the officiating of Burnet - La Vega game. Officals
1 call - La Vega kickoff to Burnet - hits B player and bounces off - LV recovers but side official inadvertently blows his whistle and some B players stopped during scramble - so officals decide to redo KO La Vega was hot. Don' blame them. Bad officiating against La Vega !!

Another call - B intercepts pass but (I think same side official) says not intercepted. Was definatly a good interception. Bad officiating against Burnet.

Another call was B RB runs for first down but on gang tackling and is pushed back about 2 or 3 yards from first down ball is stripped and LV recovers. Don't know if whistle was blown and overruled a fumble or was no whistle but when RB was stopped then pushed back several yards should have been whistled forward progress stopped no fumble. Poor officiating period.

Several times there were 3 flags thrown on penalty. Like 1 or 2 of the officals were making calls out of their assigned area that maybe the other official would make. That tells me they are watching the whole play and not concentrating on watching their area.

Enough said. Were other questionable calls against both teams.

Rocket Man
11-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Obviously La Vega is a lot better now than they were earlier in the season as they pretty much always are. I think if y'all played them now they give you a beat down kinda like Connally did.

FB-fanatic
11-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Obviously La Vega is a lot better now than they were earlier in the season as they pretty much always are. I think if y'all played them now they give you a beat down kinda like Connally did.

I know a certain little 230 lb QB that took care of business with the Rockets the last few years that allows me not to have to take any lip from a Rocket fan. We also took care of LaVega both those years, no matter how much "better" they got.

Rocket Man
11-01-2014, 10:07 PM
I know a certain little 230 lb QB that took care of business with the Rockets the last few years that allows me not to have to take any lip from a Rocket fan. We also took care of LaVega both those years, no matter how much "better" they got.

You're coming over here and putting down LV, Gatesville, Burnet and Robinson all the while getting your backsides kicked by Mexia and Connally. Y'all ain't in this district anymore and if you were you'd be either 5th or last. And if you want to live in the past, then go all the way back and see what the all time record is between Robinson and your Kitties.

FB-fanatic
11-01-2014, 10:16 PM
You're coming over here and putting down LV, Gatesville, Burnet and Robinson all the while getting your backsides kicked by Mexia and Connally. Y'all ain't in this district anymore and if you were you'd be either 5th or last. And if you want to live in the past, then go all the way back and see what the all time record is between Robinson and your Kitties.

Just amusing seeing the Rockets in the middle of the pack in the new district, like the old one.

Tejastrue
11-01-2014, 10:33 PM
La Vega has the talent..sometimes when the QB is also the coach's son..the play calling can go astray...

stardog
11-01-2014, 10:34 PM

Water under the bridge. How good are you NOW ??? Commented before I read the replies before mine. Get'em Rocket Man. We'll send the mask man Cam after um. He is armed with a consealed knife.

hollywood
11-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Discipline

Rocket Man
11-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Just amusing seeing the Rockets in the middle of the pack in the new district, like the old one.

I take this as an admission that you, along with most everyone else in Lorena hates Robinson. Why does one school developed a hatred for another? Most of the time it's because the other school continually hands them their head on a plate. So, Mr. "Living in the Recent Past" as I suggested before, why don't you look at the all time record and I think you'll find for most of those years the Kitties were in the bottom half looking up to the Rockets, which is intensely amusing. He who is amused more over the long run is amused most.

Cam
11-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Must comment on the officiating of Burnet - La Vega game. Officals
1 call - La Vega kickoff to Burnet - hits B player and bounces off - LV recovers but side official inadvertently blows his whistle and some B players stopped during scramble - so officals decide to redo KO La Vega was hot. Don' blame them. Bad officiating against La Vega !!

Another call - B intercepts pass but (I think same side official) says not intercepted. Was definatly a good interception. Bad officiating against Burnet.

Another call was B RB runs for first down but on gang tackling and is pushed back about 2 or 3 yards from first down ball is stripped and LV recovers. Don't know if whistle was blown and overruled a fumble or was no whistle but when RB was stopped then pushed back several yards should have been whistled forward progress stopped no fumble. Poor officiating period.

Several times there were 3 flags thrown on penalty. Like 1 or 2 of the officals were making calls out of their assigned area that maybe the other official would make. That tells me they are watching the whole play and not concentrating on watching their area.

Enough said. Were other questionable calls against both teams.

I think the refs got carried away with the holding calls as well....and the craziest thing I saw was the side judge on the Burnet side in la-la land while coach Jones was attempting to get his attention to call a time out!
...here's that pic that wasn't a pic for whatever reason....
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0275.jpg