PDA

View Full Version : Bellville's Quarterback?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-13-2003, 05:59 PM
Just wanting to know the status of his arm, Is he pitching summer ball? or playing 7 on 7? How is he doing? Good luck to him and all the players. Bellville fans are looking for a step up from last season, the talent is once again there, lets see if it can get put together for a State Championship!!!!

Bellville22
07-13-2003, 06:47 PM
Jess' arm is doing fine. Has played quite a bit of baseball this summer, as well as 7on7 and football camps/workouts. Didn't make the last 7on7, but I hear we looked sharp, even with our best WR not there, which is a good sign. He has no problems throwing, so look for Bellville to once again chunk the seed about half the time. Will be interesting to see how we do w/ out TE Ford in the middle, he was a big time "bail me out" reciever, but I look for some others to step up. I can't wait, should be fun, if we fill a few holes...watch out.

As for the pitching part, he has thrown a little, but not much. It's beginning to look like he may have one hell of a future as an IF, but the arm is fine, and should contribute well pitching for the Brahmas when baseball season comes around.

LG05
07-13-2003, 07:54 PM
He has been throwing the ball pretty good in 7 on 7. All I know is that he has a gun.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the info, I dont want to leave out the rest of the team, we sould be a well rounded ball club, I think we will have some standouts, but over all sould play good as a team.
I also hear we had 3 top players from Columbus move in, any truth to that?
When is the next 7 on 7 games and where?

Aim_High
07-13-2003, 11:33 PM
IF there is truth to three "top" players from Columbus moving to Bellville, doesn't that wreak of suspicion. I mean "hello!" What pride is their in having not one or two but THREE players who just happen to relocate to a neighboring town that just happens to be aiming for a title. It doesn't impress anyone when everyone knows it was clearly a strategic move with, I'm sure, no athletic lures whatsoever!? Talk about transparent.

Bellville22
07-14-2003, 09:06 AM
I'm pretty close to the program, and I haven't heard anything about players moving from Columbus for the upcoming season, nor do I expect any to. I, too, agree that that would look bad, and would expect the District Executive Committee to take care of that.

ItalianStallion
07-14-2003, 12:31 PM
who are they? cause i haven't seen or heard of anyone moving to bellville.

TxHsFootball04
07-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Ive heard that too, from some one in columbus that the two school districts lines got moved in new ulm and that there would be some people that would be going to bellville and others going to columbus that used to go to the other school... so could be true

punt
07-14-2003, 01:30 PM
The stud running back last year moved in from a 5A school in Houston, lotsa difference in 5A studs and 3A studs. If Bellville finds some decent receivers they don't need any move-ins. Jess can get them the ball, they just have to hang on to it.

ItalianStallion
07-14-2003, 07:35 PM
are you kidding me? decent recievers give me a break. how bout brant goeke, emmanuel sanders, our fullback louie runnels can catch and tailback jabow bryant can also catch.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-14-2003, 11:08 PM
It looks like I am not the only one to hear about the move ins, and you are right it could be because the district line was moved? Keep on with the info, if you know about this topic.
One thing the move ins, might not be varsity, they could be freshman or JV.
When is the next 7 on 7 games for Bellville, and where?

TxHsFootball04
07-14-2003, 11:28 PM
ill ask the person who the people moving to bellville are going to be...next to time i talk to them...but yes i do believe thier is a truth to it.. weather thier studs or not i dunno... but i think the lines did get moved in new ulm

Bellville22
07-15-2003, 10:36 AM
OK, if the distict lines get moved, then that's a different story. But I still haven't heard anything about that. If we were to get kids "moving in" and not as a result of boundry realignment, I would expect the DEC to take care of that, I don't want to get that kind of reputation slapped on us.

punt
07-15-2003, 01:20 PM
Italian Stallion, if all those guys can hang on to Jess' passes Bellville should go all the way this year, I expect them to. What will Navasota have, and will that game be in the Snake Pit or the pasture? I don't see any other school in your district giving you any problems. Who all is Bellville playing in pre-District?

TxHsFootball04
07-15-2003, 04:58 PM
one of thie kids from columbus i have heard coming to bellville is Travis Weiobold he is going to be a freshmen i ll try to get some more names

LG05
07-15-2003, 06:21 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
It looks like I am not the only one to hear about the move ins, and you are right it could be because the district line was moved? Keep on with the info, if you know about this topic.
One thing the move ins, might not be varsity, they could be freshman or JV.
When is the next 7 on 7 games for Bellville, and where?July 17th, 6 pm, Bellville practice field

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Hey Punt, the Bellville vs Navasota game will be in the snake pit. Bellville plays Rockdale, Cameron Yoe, Elgin, Rice Con. and Houston St Thomas, a 5a Tapps team, all were playoff teams last season. Cameron and Houston St Thomas, are away games. Looks like Bellville has a tough pre-dist.
Thanks for the 7 on 7 info!!! :D

punt
07-15-2003, 10:12 PM
I never have heard of a school districts lines changing. How could that happen? I thought the district lines were established many years ago and they never change. Anybody know anything about this?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Hey Punt, I wish I knew the answer, maybe 22 can find out for us, he might have good sources in Columbus.
I am pretty sure these guys are underclassmen, or have a good reason for moving, if it is not a Dist. line being moved.
Are you from Bellville Punt?

Aim_High
07-16-2003, 07:30 AM
punt:
I never have heard of a school districts lines changing. How could that happen? I thought the district lines were established many years ago and they never change. Anybody know anything about this?Hmnm, sounds like Tom DeLay at work....

punt
07-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Thats good Aim High. I have to agree with you. I just can't believe district lines can be changed. Do you think Stafford and Hempstead will be improved any this year to make the district more competitive? I figure Navasota will go back to 4A next reclassification, probably Stafford too.

Brahma73
07-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Nothing happened to district lines. I have that from VERY good sources. The kid you mentioned above would be a "move-in" if it comes to pass. He's got potential and history (his dad played college ball), but is certainly unproven.
Another kid (coming freshman) actually lives in Bellville's district, but his dad coaches in Columbus, so he's not a move-in, though he attended CISD last year. Don't know about anybody else. Last year's 8th graders should probably not be labeled "top players."
This is all a bit blown out of proportion, kinda like preseason polls and 40 times. Don't expect the movement of any of these kids to change either Bellville's or Columbus' program this year.
By the way, #2's arm is quite well, and he'll be seriously turning heads this fall. He's having a hell of a summer on the diamond, as well.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Hey 73, Good to hear from you, Been missing your posts! How is everything with you? Good to hear that Jess is doing well, looks like Bellville, will have very good QB, hope everyone stays healthy.
Were and when will he be pitching next? Is he playing 7 on 7 ball for Bellville? Hope to keep hearing from you! :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-23-2003, 01:59 PM
Are there any D1, schools looking at Jess at this point, for football or baseball? And if so who?
Go Bellville Brahmas!!!!!!!

hornsfootball
07-23-2003, 11:24 PM
Although jess is an excellent qb and is one of the main reason's for bellville's main push last year, i don't think he has the physique to be a D1 qb. I mean he's got a hella of an arm but he is just not tall enough and he is kinda pudgy in the waist. he's still my boy though! i wonder how the defense is shaping up to look. i know bellville will have the talent to take it all, but it is a question of whether or not they can put it all together. go brahmas!

Bellville22
07-24-2003, 11:48 AM
There are a few D1 interested in QB, but no major programs.

Baseball, the list goes on and on, not gonna list any right now because I'm not sure if he wants me to, but the list is long w/ a few nice names.

BrahmaMom
07-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Buenger is a tremendous athlete. I say let's see how he does his senior year. He has shown great command of the football and baseball fields for years. Happy to hear he's working on his speed. He certainly has the toughness and skills to play at the next level if he continues to develop. Go Brahmas, all the way!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Hey Horns football, good to see another Bellville fan, I hear what you say, the talent is there, and has been for 3 years, lets just hope it gets put together this season to go all the way!!
Also lets keep the partying for after the games, not the night before!! :mad: