PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum at Jourdanton story

Scoop27
10-30-2014, 07:54 PM
From the Gonzales Cannon
Yoakum at Jourdanton
The Bulldogs close out the regular season with a road trip to Jourdanton.
“They are real big and physical,” Yoakum head coach Brent Kornegay said.
The Indians are an option football team, using the midline or the veer system. They are multiple with I formation, double slot and spread.
The Indians will throw the ball some. Edward Ruiz will catch passes and run the football some; Diego Huddleston is the team’s leading rusher and Jourdanton plays two quarterbacks — Ray Ruiz and Ian Hons.
“We need to prevent the big play and make stops. Jourdanton will run three yards and a cloud of dust, trying to keep our offense off the field,” Kornegay said.
Jourdanton’s defense comes out in the 4-3 system.
“We just need to eliminate turnovers and do what we do well,” Kornegay said.
Yoakum more or less has a place in the playoffs for the third season in a row.
“There are lots of scenarios but a Cuero win over Ingleside will put us as the second seed at worse,” Kornegay said.

pirate4state
11-01-2014, 08:25 AM
So why was this came even close? Y'all sit out your starters?

Dawgfan64
11-01-2014, 09:30 AM
So why was this came even close? Y'all sit out your starters?

Overall the team was flat. Starters played but when you tell teenage kids that they are suppose to win by 30 points...that's how they play. The coaches kept telling them NOT to overlook Jourdanton but they did. I think it's a lesson learned without much harm ie. a loss.

YTBulldogs
11-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Overall the team was flat. Starters played but when you tell teenage kids that they are suppose to win by 30 points...that's how they play. The coaches kept telling them NOT to overlook Jourdanton but they did. I think it's a lesson learned without much harm ie. a loss.

Whatever that was, can't have it going forward, or it will be one and done again. For sure TD's in your hands, has to be secured:doh:

When the Dallas Cowboy QB is defending you, you must abuse him, and secure those TD passes. Playmakers have to do that, make plays. Period.