PDA

View Full Version : Romo's injury vs playing

GrTigers6
10-29-2014, 12:48 PM
What are your thoughts on whether Romo should play Sunday or sit this one out.
I think Romo should play only if his pain number 1 is tolerable and number 2 does not limit his ability in any way shape or form. If he can not be 100% then we are better off with Weeden. We know he is tough but being tough and smart are two different things and I know Tony is going to say he can play but I hope he considers his movement as well as just tolerating pain. Anyone that's been married can tolerate pain!:D

YTBulldogs
10-29-2014, 12:54 PM
IMO, and due to fact his back is the issue here. I'd prepare Weeden, cause I honestly think, Romo will be hurt often going forward. Even if it's pain free this next game. It will be a issue again. JJ should of took Aikman's advise, and drafted a QB in latter rounds, because of Romo's back injury last season. Troy (only had 1 back surgery, and that hampered him too much) knows, QB is one position, you can't play with a bad back. Ask anyone who has had back surgery/issues. It's just a matter of time it flares up, and that's not taking repeated sacks, and being driven into the turf by some 290 lb. guy, like Romo is enduring.

Farmersfan
10-29-2014, 12:59 PM
If he is supposed to be healthy then I let him play. If he isn't effective (able to produce points) then I pull him in a heartbeat. The reality is Weeden probably isn't going to do any better than Romo in most cases. But when it's already established that Romo isn't getting it done it's time to make a switch. I would prefer to lose with the backup than to lose with our franchise QB............

TheDOCTORdre
10-29-2014, 01:05 PM
If they play him this week, I hope they don't fly him out to London, no need to use him against the Jags and let him get a head start on the bye week

bobcat1
10-29-2014, 03:00 PM
I like the kid out of West Texas A&M Dustin Vaughan's ability. Maybe Dallas should coach him up some. He can sling it and has better mobility than Weeden IMO.

ronwx5x
10-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Probably should allow the professionals decide. They know a lot more than any of us and guesswork.

waterboy
10-29-2014, 03:55 PM
True..., but can they be objective? If Romo is not 100% I think they should allow him the extra week off to heal. Any defensive coach will seek out a way to get to the QB, and if he takes any more hits the risk of a more serious injury is exponential.

defense51
10-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Probably should allow the professionals decide. They know a lot more than any of us and guesswork.

I thought we as a group were the resident expert on all things football related... :vrycnfsd: I for one am insulted that you would think otherwise! :D

Roughneck93
10-29-2014, 07:00 PM
If he can walk, I'm playing him....:D

Macarthur
10-29-2014, 08:32 PM

+1..

Macarthur
10-29-2014, 08:33 PM
True..., but can they be objective? If Romo is not 100% I think they should allow him the extra week off to heal. Any defensive coach will seek out a way to get to the QB, and if he takes any more hits the risk of a more serious injury is exponential.

No one is 100% this time of the year.

Macarthur
10-29-2014, 09:29 PM
And how does that play in the room if you coddle your franchise qb because he is only 90% yet you expect all the other guys to be warriors and fight through it.

This is not a difficult thing. If he can play, he should play.

GrTigers6
10-30-2014, 06:39 AM
And how does that play in the room if you coddle your franchise qb because he is only 90% yet you expect all the other guys to be warriors and fight through it.

This is not a difficult thing. If he can play, he should play.And be effective, If he is like he was against SF then he should sit out