PDA

View Full Version : Navasota star RB Randle tears ACL last Friday

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Not good news. I feel sorry for the Senior. He's a really good kid from a really good family.

Pudlugger
10-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Not good news. I feel sorry for the Senior. He's a really good kid from a really good family.

Very sorry to hear that for your team and this young man. The Rattlers will manage fine though it might require reaching down deep in the gut to get to Jerry World. I'm confident they can and will rise to the challenge.

TigerPride12
10-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Really sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family and hope for a speedy recovery. It was remarkable watching him run and his vision to hit the hole. I'm sure he'll come back even stronger and faster! Isn't he a Baylor commit??

OLE'BULL
10-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Ahhhh that is terrible to hear. I know what he is going through. I tore mine in the 3rd quarter of the first game my Senior year. It was very hard on me. I was getting recruited and we were poised to make a great run, which we still did (semi-finals). Its hard to watch your team from the sidelines. Hopefully he is already committed, or is good enough to where colleges will continue to recruit/offer him.

icu812
10-29-2014, 01:38 PM
I hate that for any player. There seems to be a few teams suffering key injuries as of late. Wish that aspect of football wasn't so often a huge part of the game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Really sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family and hope for a speedy recovery. It was remarkable watching him run and his vision to hit the hole. I'm sure he'll come back even stronger and faster! Isn't he a Baylor commit??

No, Junior Tren Dickson (WR) is the Baylor commit

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Very sorry to hear that for your team and this young man. The Rattlers will manage fine though it might require reaching down deep in the gut to get to Jerry World. I'm confident they can and will rise to the challenge.

The team is filled with talent, however, none are as good as Randle. His vision, speed, and power will definitely be missed. I've seen him run right over defenders. He was the backup in 2012 when Creeks was injured in the automobile accident right before the championship game.

YTBulldogs
10-29-2014, 01:52 PM
The team is filled with talent, however, none are as good as Randle. His vision, speed, and power will definitely be missed. I've seen him run right over defenders. He was the backup in 2012 when Creeks was injured in the automobile accident right before the championship game.

Sad news indeed. Hate when studs go down, just as they are about to experience the playoff run.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Overall, I think that the Rattlers will make the necessary adjustments to keep their high powered offense going. Defense wins championships. Yes, the loss hurts but I think that we have enough to keep us on track.

bobcat1
10-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Breaks my heart for any player but none so much as a senior that might be playing the last football game of their life unless they are a star. I hope he heals well and quickly.

cougartino
10-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Won't make any diffence.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Won't make any diffence.

We hope that is the case.

OldBison75
10-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Hemo, I had not heard this before today. I saw him this weekend and he was sore, but seemed to be moving pretty well. Have they already done surgery or is it planned? I really hate this because he is a great kid and a great player. I remember that he stepped up a couple of years ago and gave the team a great effort in the SC game and then came into his own last year. I also know that there are a couple of pretty good RB backups that I think can carry the weight for the team. I am more worried about missing his experience and leadership. Plus, he was a great receiver out of the backfield.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Hemo, I had not heard this before today. I saw him this weekend and he was sore, but seemed to be moving pretty well. Have they already done surgery or is it planned? I really hate this because he is a great kid and a great player. I remember that he stepped up a couple of years ago and gave the team a great effort in the SC game and then came into his own last year. I also know that there are a couple of pretty good RB backups that I think can carry the weight for the team. I am more worried about missing his experience and leadership. Plus, he was a great receiver out of the backfield.

I've Facebooked his mom yesterday. I am unusre if he has had surgery.

movethechain
10-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Praying for a speedy recovery. I remember in 2012 when Navasota had another running back suffer a broken leg in a auto accident and missed the SC game. I hope the team can take up the slack just like they did in 2012, because it did not seem to affect their ability to put a big ole whuppin on our Buckeyes that year.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2014, 06:07 PM
Randle was one of the running backs that filled in.. he was #5, he had the long TD run

87coog
10-30-2014, 06:43 AM
A couple of season ago you guys lost a running back during your title run, I wish the kid luck but it won't make a difference.

hollywood
10-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Sucks to hear that. Hate to hear of any young player getting injured. I hope that he has surgery to repair the damage and it's a success. Sounds like his future is bright. You know that's every parents nightmare is to have their son or daughter injured during competition.

Cactus Thomas
10-30-2014, 09:39 PM
This is horrible news. I was at the game last week and saw it happen, he needed to be helped off the field but if I remember correctly he was walking around on the sideline shortly after. I had hoped and assumed it was nothing serious. I feel bad for the kid.

Score was probably sixty something to zero when it happened. I don't blame the coaches since they had a lot of guys playing and getting snaps by that time in the game. Also both teams were pretty much running it every play to run the clock the entire second half.

Its funny, Navasota is the best team in the state but it seems they are rarely discussed here. Takes something bad to happen before they get a thread.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2014, 09:57 PM
This is horrible news. I was at the game last week and saw it happen, he needed to be helped off the field but if I remember correctly he was walking around on the sideline shortly after. I had hoped and assumed it was nothing serious. I feel bad for the kid.

Score was probably sixty something to zero when it happened. I don't blame the coaches since they had a lot of guys playing and getting snaps by that time in the game. Also both teams were pretty much running it every play to run the clock the entire second half.

Its funny, Navasota is the best team in the state but it seems they are rarely discussed here. Takes something bad to happen before they get a thread.

Good point, but it takes Rattler fans to come on and join in the discussions. We had many more Rattler backers back in the day. I am unsure where everyone has disappeared to.

Just comparing Navasota to Stephenville, Brownwood a few years back, LH and Giddings back in the day, their fans were/are all over this board. I agree that Navasota has never been publicized as much as the above mentioned but neither has La Marque, Coldspring, or even Chapel Hill during their runs.

Aguilafanatico
10-30-2014, 09:57 PM

If you wanted a Navasota thread why didn't you start one?

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 12:37 AM
Guess he shouldnt have said best team in the state huh? Gives those denton lewisville fmound dallas suburb teams a good case of butt hurt when theyre not.worshiped......lol

OldBison75
10-31-2014, 01:07 AM
Navasota does not need a thread. We are on a mission again this year. One game per week, one game at a time, and play Rattler football. If that results in a championship, so be it. Remember that the core of this year's team is wrapped around a lot of Junior talent. We will be tough to beat next year too!!!!

defense51
10-31-2014, 01:43 AM
Hate to hear that, and unfortunately as alot of us know, it's part of football... However, there's a bright side to this, he has youth on his side. Youth can cure many injuries at a speed that us old(er) guys can't remember so well anymore. With a good orthopedic surgeon and a good physical therapist, he'll be dancing in no time! I wish him the best! Keep us posted on his progress.

Aguilafanatico
10-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Guess he shouldnt have said best team in the state huh? Gives those denton lewisville fmound dallas suburb teams a good case of butt hurt when theyre not.worshiped......lol

My comment had nothing to do with the Navasota team. Guess that's how a simpleton might see it though.

Cactus Thomas
10-31-2014, 09:37 AM

I am brand new to the boards. Been reading for a few months and was just thought it was odd that there hadn't been much discussion.

Maybe its because they are in a weak district.

Aguilafanatico
10-31-2014, 11:30 AM
I am brand new to the boards. Been reading for a few months and was just thought it was odd that there hadn't been much discussion.

Maybe its because they are in a weak district.

Nope. I think everyone on this board is well aware of the steamroller that Navasota is this year. You could be right about the schedule though as threads usually are born out of big games/rivalry games. I don't think anyone sees much of a threat in the near future for Sota.

Sorry to hear about your RB. Hate to see this happen to any kid. It can be overcome. We lost probably our best player, MLB Sam Sizelove, two weeks before the playoffs started last year to an ACL and the team really responded to pick up the slack. From a team standpoint it can serve to "rally the troops". Not much consolation for the injured player and his family though.

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Stats from the Wheatley game. Hopefully, the running won't suffer to much against stiffer competition.

Navasota Houston Wheatley
Total yards 505 59
First downs 25 2
Rushes/Yds 42/265 29/50
Average rush 6.31 1.72
Comp/Atts 9/15/0 3/6/0
Pass yards 240 9
Comp pct 60 50
Punts 2 8
Punting Yards 53 256
Punting Average 26.5 32
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 3/1
Penalties-yards 6-50 5-30

Navasota
Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Shelton Eppler 9 15 60 240 2 0
Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Lamarquis Jefferson 11 81 7.4 0 4
Jarvis Norman 19 125 6.6 0 1
Quinn Williams 1 1 1 0 1

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Looks like the injury wasn't as servere as they first thought. Randle should be back by the 2nd/3rd round.

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Looks like the injury wasn't as servere as they first thought. Randle should be back by the 2nd/3rd round.

If that's the case then I think the threaded title should be edited by a mod to say as much.
Simply for the kids sake more so than anything else.

hollywood
11-05-2014, 02:53 PM
If that's the case then I think the threaded title should be edited by a mod to say as much.

Agreed SR!

Glad to hear it wasn't as severe. Good luck to the kid.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2014, 05:25 PM

Well, the injury did occur.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Agreed SR!

Glad to hear it wasn't as severe. Good luck to the kid.

We are too. He's a wonderful kid from class act family. I wish him the best. His mom is so excited with the news.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2014, 05:34 PM

I was quoting his mother about the 2nd round. According to Fedora, he may be back next week. I personally wouldn't play him in the 1st round against Needville or Brazosport.

http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/sports/article_7dedf290-6516-11e4-9293-5777249dd8b3.html

"Navasota had to face some adversity as they were without their leading rusher Derrion Randle (1,104 yards and 14 TD) who was ruled out with a torn ACL. The good news is that they are hopeful to get him back in the first or second round of the playoffs. Keyondrick Philio (298 rushing yards) and Marquez Byrd (43 tackles and 3 sacks) were also out with injuries for the Rattlers."

Snotbubbles
11-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Poor kid getting this aired out on here. Talking about a bulls-eye on that knee now.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Poor kid getting this aired out on here. Talking about a bulls-eye on that knee now.

I see your point; however, we were all under the impression that he was done for the year. I will see if the mods can delete thread. I definitely wouldn't want that to happen.

Thanks for the headup.

Cactus Thomas
11-05-2014, 06:01 PM

What? I think (hope) teams have better scouting reports than reading this forum. The kid already missed a game due to the injury; it is not a secret.

It is great news that he will likely get to play some more. I heard Lee Fedora on the radio last week saying something about having seen other kids play through this type of injury by just taping it up tightly. I was surprised to hear that.

YTBulldogs
11-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Sounded like it was just a scope of knee. No tears. 3 weeks they usually return from this. And yes, you can play without a scope if you can withstand discomfort. Some get scope after season.