20. West Virginia

21. Clemson

22. UCLA

23. East Carolina

24. Duke

25. Louisville

hookandladder
10-29-2014, 06:10 AM
With 3 and 4 playing each other this weekend, gotta figuire Oregon will be in next week unless they lose. Also will be interesting what would happen to Mississippi State if they were to lose a game, good chance this will be a lot different at the end of the season.

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Wont be the same at the end of the year. Alabama will worm its way in one way or another.

New Taiton
10-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Ole Miss will be out and MSSt can absorb one loss.

If Bama wins out, they're in over Auburn.

coach
10-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Ole Miss will be out and MSSt can absorb one loss.

If Bama wins out, they're in over Auburn.

well I would hope so considering they play Auburn lol

Roughneck93
11-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Week 2....

1. Mississippi State
2. Florida State
3. Auburn
4. Oregon
5. Alabama
6. TCU
7. Kansas State
8. Michigan State
9. Arizona State
10. Notre Dame
11. Ole Miss
12. Baylor
13. Nebraska
14. Ohio State
15. Oklahoma
16. LSU
17. Utah
18. UCLA
19. Arizona
20. Georgia
21. Clemson
22. Duke
23. West Virginia
24. Georgia Tech
25. Wisconsin

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Week 2....

1. Mississippi State
2. Florida State
3. Auburn
4. Oregon
5. Alabama
6. TCU
7. Kansas State
8. Michigan State
9. Arizona State
10. Notre Dame
11. Ole Miss
12. Baylor
13. Nebraska
14. Ohio State
15. Oklahoma
16. LSU
17. Utah
18. UCLA
19. Arizona
20. Georgia
21. Clemson
22. Duke
23. West Virginia
24. Georgia Tech
25. Wisconsin

Alabama and TCU will be there in the end.

hookandladder
11-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Alabama and TCU will be there in the end.

Bama season ending this weekend, as far as playing in the playoff.

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Bama season ending this weekend, as far as playing in the playoff.

I seriously hope so.

PhiI C
11-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Controversy coming. And welcome. 4 teams ain't enough.

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Controversy coming. And welcome. 4 teams ain't enough.

Nope. 8 would have been better.

Roughneck93
11-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Week 3

1. Mississippi State
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. TCU
5. Alabama
6. Arizona State
7. Baylor
8. Ohio State
9. Auburn
10. Ole Miss
11. UCLA
12. Michigan State
13. Kansas State
14. Arizona
15. Georgia
16. Nebraska
17. LSU
18. Notre Dame
19. Clemson
20. Wisconsin
21. Duke
22.Georgia Tech
23. Utah
24. Texas A&M
25. Minnesota

Macarthur
11-11-2014, 10:09 PM
I think TCU and Alabama are both better than FSU.

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Agreed, but I didn't think the committee had the nads to put any 1 loss teams ahead of FSU, much less 3.

I like the way they've been doing their rankings

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2014, 08:46 AM
24. Texas A&M

:-) :-)

Macarthur
11-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Agreed, but I didn't think the committee had the nads to put any 1 loss teams ahead of FSU, much less 3.

I like the way they've been doing their rankings

Yeah, you're right there.

It's going to be interesting. There's going to be some very deserving teams not get in.

And that continues to bring up the need for a legitimate playoff.

coach
11-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Just remember, the cream ALWAYS rises to the top.

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Crock of Crap that Baylor is below TCU. Head to head should always be the trump card.... and I hate Baylor.

Macarthur
11-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Crock of Crap that Baylor is below TCU. Head to head should always be the trump card.... and I hate Baylor.

I disagree. I think there are times when it should, but you can't let an entire season be dictated by one game.

Let's say for example, Baylor beat TCU and they ended the season with one loss. TCU lost to a top 10 Baylor team on the road by a point or two. Baylor lost to the absolute worst team in college football at home. Would those two losses be equal? Of course they wouldn't.

Now, if we let this all play out and Baylor and TCU both win out, Baylor most likely will overtake them due to having stronger opponents to finish the season. TCU is going to have a hard time hanging on with their remaining scedule.

If you look at the two teams season, TCU is the better team. They just are. At this point, TCU's wins are more impressive, and even more importantly, TCUs loss is much more impressive than Baylor's loss.

Macarthur
11-14-2014, 12:18 PM
And you have to admit, Baylor has a rep for scheduling very poor OOC games. That rep is catching up with them here. The committee is basically scolding them for that.

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2014, 02:38 PM
totally agree. However, the chairman of the Committee made the comment that TCU/Baylor are vitually indistinguishable. If that is the case Head to Head.

BwdLions
11-14-2014, 02:54 PM
And you have to admit, Baylor has a rep for scheduling very poor OOC games. That rep is catching up with them here. The committee is basically scolding them for that.

That's exactly what should happen. Schedule of strength should weigh heavily into the committee's ranking.

Macarthur
11-14-2014, 04:08 PM
totally agree. However, the chairman of the Committee made the comment that TCU/Baylor are vitually indistinguishable. If that is the case Head to Head.

If that's true, then yes, the head to head is very important.

However, I find it hard to reconcile his comment with the fact that they are 3 spots diff in the ranking. That doesn't strike me as 'indistinguishable'.

Macarthur
11-14-2014, 04:09 PM
That's exactly what should happen. Schedule of strength should weigh heavily into the committee's ranking.

Yes, it should. And I'm not dismissing the head to head. It's certainly part of the equation, but it's not the be all end all as some have mentioned.

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2014, 05:17 PM

That's not what I heard... In fact when point blank asked about uit, he went into detail about baylor's poor schedule and TCU having a much more impressive resume. He did use the word indistinguishable at one point but I took that to mean talent, style, scheme wise, etc., not indistinguishable performance wise.

hookandladder
11-14-2014, 05:30 PM
If Texas beats OSU tomorrow night , good chance Texas puts an end to TCU playoff hopes on Turkey day.

Macarthur
11-14-2014, 06:47 PM
If Texas beats OSU tomorrow night , good chance Texas puts an end to TCU playoff hopes on Turkey day.

Why do you think the thanksgiving game has anything to do w this weekend?

hookandladder
11-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Why do you think the thanksgiving game has anything to do w this weekend?

Mac , again go way . DS

1st and goal
11-15-2014, 08:40 AM

Uhmm,,, a bit of a stretch there hook. A couple of wins has your brain in the ozone. :)

hookandladder
11-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Uhmm,,, a bit of a stretch there hook. A couple of wins has your brain in the ozone. :)

Just saying if Texas wins three straight and then the TCU game becomes more interesting , a loss tonight and then it not looking good for an upset. A couple early wins had you aggys feeling good also and look what happened, college football now days anything can happen.

1st and goal
11-15-2014, 11:04 AM
I really think the horns will win this game.

Macarthur
11-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Folks line hook make it easy to root against the horns.

1st and goal
11-15-2014, 11:54 AM

Hook probably has a close relative that gets him all riled up. That's why he's such an Aggie hater. Divide in the family.

hookandladder
11-15-2014, 12:06 PM

Go away , DS. Lol

hookandladder
11-15-2014, 12:07 PM

Hook probably has a close relative that gets him all riled up. That's why he's such an Aggie hater. Divide in the family.

Nope, ATM just sucks. Lol

Roughneck93
11-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Week 4

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. Florida State

4. Mississippi State

5. TCU

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. Ole Miss

9. UCLA

10. Georgia

11. Michigan State

12. Kansas State

13. Arizona State

14. Auburn

15. Arizona

16. Wisconsin

17. Utah

18. Georgia Tech

19. USC

20. Missouri

21. Oklahoma

22. Clemson

23. Nebraska

24. Louisville

25. Minnesota

Macarthur
11-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Here's how I would rank them. Curious how everyone else would rank:

1. FSU
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Oregon
5. OSU

msu97
11-19-2014, 09:54 AM

1. FSU
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Oregon
5. OSU
we almost agree on something... I would only put Oregon ahead of TCU... but other than that

Macarthur
11-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Yeah, it's splitting hairs, but I think Oregon is a bit overrated. Mariotta is great, but their defense is really mediocre.

Rabid Cougar
11-19-2014, 11:10 AM

1. FSU
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Oregon
5. OSU

FSU at 4. Alabama at 1. Baylor instead of TCU.... Head to head counts man... and I hate Baylor.

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Head to head matters, but not so much so to completely disregard the remaining body of work for both teams

Rabid Cougar
11-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Head to head matters, but not so much so to completely disregard the remaining body of work for both teams

Which is indistinguishable.

Macarthur
11-19-2014, 01:30 PM
I just think you have to put FSU first becasue they are undefeated and the returning champs.

I think head to head matters, but you just can't blindly use that. Virtually everyone, outside of Waco, uses the eyeball test and sees that TCU is the better team. That Baylor loss is uglier than TCU's loss.

If the NY Giants beat Dallas this weekend, no one will say that NY is a better team than Dallas.

caleb_mccaig
11-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Baylor deserves being where they are. I went to BU and even I can say that Baylor made their own bed when they made their non-conference schedule. TCU's is pretty horrid also, because Minnesota is not good, but the real villain here will be the Big 12.

They claim to have "one true champion" since everyone plays each other, but the lack of another quality game at the end of the season and also acknowledging co-champion status will be the reason that neither of them get in if things hold the same up top.

If TCU gets in before Baylor does then I'll stop watching college football. It's clear who the better team was by the scoreboard that day and the records stay the same, even though I think UT could take TCU down, to ignore that would be a farce.

caleb_mccaig
11-19-2014, 03:28 PM
I just think you have to put FSU first becasue they are undefeated and the returning champs.

I think head to head matters, but you just can't blindly use that. Virtually everyone, outside of Waco, uses the eyeball test and sees that TCU is the better team. That Baylor loss is uglier than TCU's loss.

If the NY Giants beat Dallas this weekend, no one will say that NY is a better team than Dallas.

I'm assuming you don't know how to read a scoreboard? Because that showed who the better team was and I'm pretty sure it wasn't TCU.

I guess according to this guy every team who blows a lead in the fourth quarter is actually the better team.

At least I can say Baylor didn't struggle against Kansas, but I'm sure to TCU fans that's a quality win of some sorts.

The NFL is way different, those are all ELITE football players. The best of the best. Anyone can beat anyone on any given Sunday. That isn't a relevant argument whatsoever.

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2014, 07:26 PM
I don't think a 3 pt win at home should be the end all be all when comparing the two....

That said, I guess I'm one of the few who believes Baylor's season has been more impressive than TCU's so far.

1st and goal
11-19-2014, 09:12 PM
1 Alabama
2 Miss State (with a healthy Dak Prescott)
3 FSU
4 Ole Miss
5 Baylor
6 TCU
7 Georgia
8 Oregon
9 Ohio St
10 Missouri
11 You pick
12 Arkansas

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2014, 09:38 PM
1 Alabama
3 FSU
4 Ole Miss
5 Baylor
6 TCU
7 Georgia
8 Oregon
9 Ohio St
10 Missouri
11 You pick
12 Arkansas

lol I'm a homer and even I can see some SEC bias in this one...

Ole miss at 4...? Oregon and OSU both deserve to be higher... Mizzou and Arkie? ***...

hookandladder
11-19-2014, 09:39 PM
1 Alabama
3 FSU
4 Ole Miss
5 Baylor
6 TCU
7 Georgia
8 Oregon
9 Ohio St
10 Missouri
11 You pick
12 Arkansas

Cannot beleive you did not put ATM in top four also, make it all sec. LMAO

hookandladder
11-19-2014, 09:41 PM
1 Alabama
3 FSU
4 Ole Miss
5 Baylor
6 TCU
7 Georgia
8 Oregon
9 Ohio St
10 Missouri
11 You pick
12 Arkansas

lol I'm a homer and even I can see some SEC bias in this one...

Ole miss at 4...? Oregon and OSU both deserve to be higher... Mizzou and Arkie? ***...

No ****, how ignorant. Lol

Macarthur
11-19-2014, 11:19 PM
I'm assuming you don't know how to read a scoreboard? Because that showed who the better team was and I'm pretty sure it wasn't TCU.

I guess according to this guy every team who blows a lead in the fourth quarter is actually the better team.

At least I can say Baylor didn't struggle against Kansas, but I'm sure to TCU fans that's a quality win of some sorts.

The NFL is way different, those are all ELITE football players. The best of the best. Anyone can beat anyone on any given Sunday. That isn't a relevant argument whatsoever.

I get it that Baylor fans are sore about this, but virtually everyone in the country sees TCU as the better team. Having said that, Baylor may pass them if they win out.

And you're just wrong about the OOC schedule. Baylors is embarrassing. Minnesota may not be top 10 but they are a good team that gave OSU all they wanted.

1st and goal
11-20-2014, 11:10 AM
No ****, how ignorant. Lol

Gotcha! :taunt::stirpot::1popcorn:

But I honestly do believe that Arkansas could probably beat many of these teams right now in cold rainy football weather.

Macarthur
11-20-2014, 11:51 AM

But I honestly do believe that Arkansas could probably beat many of these teams right now in cold rainy football weather.

Ark is getting better. If they can find a good QB, they are going to be dangerous in years to come.

Rabid Cougar
11-20-2014, 12:11 PM

That ain't no joke. And it doesn't even have to be cold rainy weather. the one team that I wouldn't want to play.

caleb_mccaig
11-20-2014, 03:44 PM
I get it that Baylor fans are sore about this, but virtually everyone in the country sees TCU as the better team. Having said that, Baylor may pass them if they win out.

And you're just wrong about the OOC schedule. Baylors is embarrassing. Minnesota may not be top 10 but they are a good team that gave OSU all they wanted.

I'll be the first to agree that BU's OOC was not good whatsoever, but saying that Minnesota is a quality opponent is a definite reach IMO.

BU beat TCU in the head-to-head, TCU barely survived Morgantown. TCU barely survived Lawerence, Kansas while BU beat Kansas by 50 but lost in Morgantown. Baylor also beat the living crap out of OU on the road. I'm not saying TCU isn't good or don't deserve to be in the top 10 or anything, but I think it's ridiculous to say that their resume is better than BU's.

Macarthur
11-20-2014, 04:46 PM
I'll be the first to agree that BU's OOC was not good whatsoever, but saying that Minnesota is a quality opponent is a definite reach IMO.

BU beat TCU in the head-to-head, TCU barely survived Morgantown. TCU barely survived Lawerence, Kansas while BU beat Kansas by 50 but lost in Morgantown. Baylor also beat the living crap out of OU on the road. I'm not saying TCU isn't good or don't deserve to be in the top 10 or anything, but I think it's ridiculous to say that their resume is better than BU's.

Minn played within a TD I'd OSU.

You can claim it's ridiculous all you want but you are the one swimming upstream. There's not a single poll that places Baylor ahead of TCU. I'll say again, virtually everyone in the country outside of Waco echos this.

And again, if Baylor had a strong showing against KSU, their body of work would probably warrant being ahead of TCU. But as we sit here now, it's just not.

PhiI C
11-20-2014, 06:49 PM
I bet Baylor Coach Briles is hoping for a Texas upset of TCU next week. :)

sahen
11-20-2014, 09:24 PM
As a biased Baylor fan I think TCU looked better earlier, but Baylor's offense has started to really click the last couple games. The defense has been decent all year. Even in the TCU game they didnt do that bad. TCU scored on special teams and defense a few times. If the offense keeps clicking then Baylor will keep winning impressively and probably pass TCU, but they will need to win all their games to pass them. As a Baylor fan, I am more concerned with how we will pass 2 other teams to end up in the top 4. I still think with 3 Baylor games left it is too early to get to worked up about it.

hookandladder
11-20-2014, 09:53 PM

Yea and I got some Ocean front property to sell you,give me a freakin break. LMAO

Saggy Aggie
11-21-2014, 12:06 PM
what exactly has been impressive about TCU's schedule or margin of victory?

TCU has had a bunch of squeakers and a 3 pt loss on the road vs Baylor. Their best wins are barely getting by OU and beating up on an okay Minnesota team.

Baylor meanwhile, has had a bunch of blowout wins and baylor's best win is the 3 pt win in the head to head against a 'top 4' team. They got beat by 14 by a team TCU beat by 1 pt.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't get the whole 'TCU's resume is much more impressive' thing

Maybe someone can explain it to me

Removing the head to head, TCU has had a slightly tougher schedule with the difference being Minnesota. I wouldn't qualify that as a huge difference.

The performance in the similar games clearly is to baylor's advantage. Then factor in Baylor won the head to head....

Macarthur
11-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Obviously, it's subjective, but TCU lost a road game to a top 5 team where they outplayed for 3 quarters and it took two very bad PI calls go against them for Baylor to win. Baylor lost to a team that now has 5 losses. IMO, that's what it boils down to for me. TCU's loss is more impressive than Baylor's loss.

And again, eveyrone needs to let this play out. If Baylor and TCU win out, Baylor will most likely pull ahead because of a win over a ranked KSU team.

Saggy Aggie
11-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Obviously, it's subjective, but TCU lost a road game to a top 5 team where they outplayed for 3 quarters and it took two very bad PI calls go against them for Baylor to win. Baylor lost to a team that now has 5 losses. IMO, that's what it boils down to for me. TCU's loss is more impressive than Baylor's loss.

Yes... And Baylor has a much more impressive win than any win TCU has.

Also, it's not like TCU killed that 5 loss WV team.... They BARELY won that game.

If we're going to get into style points, Baylor has blowout wins over OU and KU, teams TCU struggled with.

In my opinion, Baylor's body of work is better and they won the head to head, but what do I know?

Macarthur
11-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Yes... And Baylor has a much more impressive win than any win TCU has.

Also, it's not like TCU killed that 5 loss WV team.... They BARELY won that game.

If we're going to get into style points, Baylor has blowout wins over OU and KU, teams TCU struggled with.

In my opinion, Baylor's body of work is better and they won the head to head, but what do I know?

But TCU's best win was over a still ranked KSU that Baylor has yet to play. The KSU game, IMO, is what separates them plus the Minn game in OOC. Which also leads me back to the point that if Baylor gets a solid win over KSU, they should probably pass TCU.

And ultimately, we're splitting hairs because there's only one or two spots separating them depending on what poll you look at.

And if TCU and/or Baylor lose, this is all a moot point anyway.

1st and goal
11-21-2014, 06:04 PM
But TCU's best win was over a still ranked KSU that Baylor has yet to play. The KSU game, IMO, is what separates them plus the Minn game in OOC. Which also leads me back to the point that if Baylor gets a solid win over KSU, they should probably pass TCU.

And ultimately, we're splitting hairs because there's only one or two spots separating them depending on what poll you look at.

And if TCU and/or Baylor lose, this is all a moot point anyway.

I think they(TCU and Baylor) are both on par or ahead of Oregon and Ohio State. Its just that the high up money men (like hooky) desperately want a west coast and rust belt team in the fray. If Alabama played Miss St for the title, to the high rollers, that would be like when SF Giants played the A's in the world series. It was a local thang.

I would think that either one would give Fl State all they could handle.

1st and goal
11-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Yea and I got some Ocean front property to sell you,give me a freakin break. LMAO

You owe me a freaking break. Since I gave you one 2 days ago. LMfreakingAO. hahahahaha

hookandladder
11-22-2014, 09:59 PM
You owe me a freaking break. Since I gave you one 2 days ago. LMfreakingAO. hahahahaha

I do not know what the hell you talking, speak freaking English.

1st and goal
11-22-2014, 11:20 PM
I do not know what the hell you talking, speak freaking English.

I tried to warn you about Arkansas, and how they'd whip anyone in the Big 12 right now, and you just blew up and started talking about your ocean front property.

Its no use...

hookandladder
11-24-2014, 10:57 PM
I tried to warn you about Arkansas, and how they'd whip anyone in the Big 12 right now, and you just blew up and started talking about your ocean front property.

Its no use...

Arkansas has now beat the weakest teams in the sec and should have beat ATM and now they are world beaters, not saying Arkansas is not a decent team but also saying the teams they beat and ATM are not anything great . Just goes to show you the sec is not all that great of a conference this year for sure, go beat your chest some more because ATM still sucks.

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Arkansas has now beat the weakest teams in the sec and should have beat ATM and now they are world beaters, not saying Arkansas is not a decent team but also saying the teams they beat and ATM are not anything great . Just goes to show you the sec is not all that great of a conference this year for sure, go beat your chest some more because ATM still sucks.

Speaks for itself.

Lost to #7 Alabama 14-13
Lost to #6 Auburn 45-21
Lost to #10 Georgia 45-32
Lost to #1 Mississippi St. 17-10
Lost to #6 A&M 35-28
Beat #8 Ol Miss 30-0
Beat #17 LSU 17-0

Roughneck93
11-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Week 5

Alabama
Oregon
Florida State
Mississippi State
TCU
Ohio State
Baylor
UCLA
Georgia
Michigan State
Arizona
Kansas State
Arizona State
Wisconsin
Auburn
Georgia Tech
Missouri
Minnesota
Ole Miss
Oklahoma
Clemson
Louisville
Boise State
Marshall
Utah

1st and goal
11-25-2014, 11:05 PM

Arkansas would give the horns a beatdown right now. A&M is too decimated at the moment to play anyone. IMO Fl state has had too many close calls with weak teams. Not a "great body of work". I'd rank them about 6th or 7th.

hookandladder
11-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Arkansas would give the horns a beatdown right now. A&M is too decimated at the moment to play anyone. IMO Fl state has had too many close calls with weak teams. Not a "great body of work". I'd rank them about 6th or 7th.

This coming from someone that thought atm would get blown away by Auburn because you thought Auburn was so good, you really have no idea between the difference of a good team or bad. You just shoot from the hip, a typical bandwagon atm fan. LMAO from your ignorance.

1st and goal
11-26-2014, 10:24 AM
This coming from someone that thought atm would get blown away by Auburn because you thought Auburn was so good, you really have no idea between the difference of a good team or bad. You just shoot from the hip, a typical bandwagon atm fan. LMAO from your ignorance.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too hook.

Roughneck93
12-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Week 6

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Florida State
5. Ohio State
6. Baylor
7. Arizona
8. Michigan State
9. Kansas State
10. Mississippi State
11. Georgia Tech
12. Ole Miss
13. Wisconsin
14. Georgia
15. UCLA
16. Missouri
17. Arizona State
18. Clemson
19. Auburn
20. Oklahoma
21. Louisville
22. Boise State
23. Utah
24. LSU
25. USC

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Still don't understand TCU being so far ahead of Baylor....

Though Baylor definitely didn't do anything to close the gap last weekend. Just screwed themselves more.

Wonder how the committees opinion might change if Baylor spanks a top 10 KSU team...

Macarthur
12-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Still don't understand TCU being so far ahead of Baylor....

Though Baylor definitely didn't do anything to close the gap last weekend. Just screwed themselves more.

Wonder how the committees opinion might change if Baylor spanks a top 10 KSU team...

I think the weak OOC schedule is really hurting Baylor.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2014, 11:12 AM
I think the weak OOC schedule is really hurting Baylor.

Yes, but it's not like TCU's was that great either...

bulldog60
12-03-2014, 11:34 AM
TCU is the best team in the Big-12 get over it!

Macarthur
12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Yes, but it's not like TCU's was that great either...

Okay, buts it's better than Baylor. And baylor has only beaten two +.500 teams. Head to head matters but it's not the only variable the committee takes into account.

They are clearly saying the body of work will be viewed. Not just one game.

Macarthur
12-03-2014, 11:45 AM
And if I'm being honest, I don't think Baylor is better than Michigan state, Ohio state and Mississippi state. And I think they have chance to get beat by KSU this weekend.

caleb_mccaig
12-03-2014, 02:41 PM
And if I'm being honest, I don't think Baylor is better than Michigan state, Ohio state and Mississippi state. And I think they have chance to get beat by KSU this weekend.

I don't really think it's fair to say that when none of them have played each other.....I won't defend Baylor's SOS because it was garbage and they put themselves in this situation. Regardless, I don't think you can say TCU is the best team in the Big 12 when they lost the head-to-head to Baylor. Do I, someone who went to Baylor think TCU has played better of the course of the season? I think that is a fair assessment, but to take away that Baylor beat them and then leaving Baylor out is really putting the committee into a slippery slope. If they don't acknowledge head-to-head this year then they can't break that trend in the years to come, which I find unlikely, and still expect to be credible.

I can only hope that Iowa State, who seems to pull off a big upset every year, can come through and knock Gary "Douchebag" Patterson out of this thing. I hope the players well, but that is one man that i've met that I can honestly say I could care less if he has success in life or not.

Macarthur
12-03-2014, 03:20 PM
I don't really think it's fair to say that when none of them have played each other.....

Fair enough.

I won't defend Baylor's SOS because it was garbage and they put themselves in this situation. Regardless, I don't think you can say TCU is the best team in the Big 12 when they lost the head-to-head to Baylor. Do I, someone who went to Baylor think TCU has played better of the course of the season? I think that is a fair assessment, but to take away that Baylor beat them and then leaving Baylor out is really putting the committee into a slippery slope. If they don't acknowledge head-to-head this year then they can't break that trend in the years to come, which I find unlikely, and still expect to be credible.

I can only hope that Iowa State, who seems to pull off a big upset every year, can come through and knock Gary "Douchebag" Patterson out of this thing. I hope the players well, but that is one man that i've met that I can honestly say I could care less if he has success in life or not.

They are not saying the head to head doesn't matter. They're simply saying that it is not the only factor. You have admitted that TCU passes the eyeball test for you and you're not exactly unbiased. If you put Baylor ahead of TCU, you are elevating head to head above all other factors. This committee, whether you agree or not, is taking many variables into account. And they have VERY CLEARLY said that the weak OOC schedule is one of them. I think Baylor is being hurt too by the Incarnate Word news and I guarantee you that hiring the PR firm didn't set well in that room last night.

Baylor has handled this very poorly and they actually have a history of this. They handled the A&M leaving the Big 12 thing very poorly. I think the alumni of this school need to give a serious look at the leadership because they have repeatedly given the school a black eye.

New Taiton
12-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Another way to look at this is look at the "quality" losses:

TCU loses on the road to #5 Baylor in a shootout by 3 points.
Baylor loses to an unranked West Virginia team on the road by two touchdowns.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Another way to look at this is look at the "quality" losses:

TCU loses on the road to #5 Baylor in a shootout by 3 points.
Baylor loses to an unranked West Virginia team on the road by two touchdowns.

Right and TCU managed to beat the same WVU team by a grand total of one point....

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Okay, buts it's better than Baylor. And baylor has only beaten two +.500 teams.

The schedules are almost exactly the same.... Minus Minnesota.... I don't see any significant difference between the schedules, but I do see a big difference in the performance.... In baylor's favor...

Bullaholic
12-03-2014, 07:25 PM
The schedules are almost exactly the same.... Minus Minnesota.... I don't see any significant difference between the schedules, but I do see a big difference in the performance.... In baylor's favor...

Wassa matter, Sag--You afraid some of the blue-chip Ag recruits in Texas will opt for being a big Frog in a somewhat smaller pond, especially if the Frogs make a run at a NC? :D

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Wassa matter, Sag--You afraid some of the blue-chip Ag recruits in Texas will opt for being a big Frog in a somewhat smaller pond, especially if the Frogs make a run at a NC? :D

Not at all. Plenty of recruits to go around. I'm just giving my opinion on who I think oughta be in

Bullaholic
12-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Not at all. Plenty of recruits to go around. I'm just giving my opinion on who I think oughta be in

To make the tournament really work, they need to go to 8 teams, imo. That should eliminate all the major team controversies.

hookandladder
12-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Need a Missouri win and a Ohio State loss this weekend, then two Big 12 teams in the playoffs. Lol

Macarthur
12-04-2014, 12:30 AM

I'm not sure what to tell you. You and the folks in Waco are just about the only folks in the country that think Baylor should be ahead of TCU.

What it boils down to is that TCU s loss - on the road to a top 10 team is much better than baylors loss to a very mediocre 5 loss team by two TDs. And you throw in the weak OOC schedule and you have your diff.

And let's not forget how that TCU baylor game ended. TCU got royally screwed out of that win. Plain and simple. It's also not helping Baylor that they now have incarnate word on their schedule and they've hired a PR firm to sway opinion.

Baylor is their own worst enemy in this deal.

Macarthur
12-04-2014, 12:33 AM
They have scheduled incarnate word. Let that sink in for a moment.

caleb_mccaig
12-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Fair enough.

They are not saying the head to head doesn't matter. They're simply saying that it is not the only factor. You have admitted that TCU passes the eyeball test for you and you're not exactly unbiased. If you put Baylor ahead of TCU, you are elevating head to head above all other factors. This committee, whether you agree or not, is taking many variables into account. And they have VERY CLEARLY said that the weak OOC schedule is one of them. I think Baylor is being hurt too by the Incarnate Word news and I guarantee you that hiring the PR firm didn't set well in that room last night.

Baylor has handled this very poorly and they actually have a history of this. They handled the A&M leaving the Big 12 thing very poorly. I think the alumni of this school need to give a serious look at the leadership because they have repeatedly given the school a black eye.

Hey, if head to head doesn't matter then I guess it won't be the only factor than when Bama beats Florida State in National Championship! They finished with the same record, but Florida State's loss to Alabama is better than Alabama's loss to Ole Miss! It's all about the body of work!

Jk lol. When A&M almost blew up the Big 12 I hated them also, so I won't blame the school for anything, they almost forced us into the Ivy League. I remember hearing that from multiple football players and even a few parking lots on campus were dug up so they could add more grass on campus to meet the Ivy League campus standards. Thank God that didn't happen.

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2014, 07:19 AM
I'm not sure what to tell you. You and the folks in Waco are just about the only folks in the country that think Baylor should be ahead of TCU.

What it boils down to is that TCU s loss - on the road to a top 10 team is much better than baylors loss to a very mediocre 5 loss team by two TDs. And you throw in the weak OOC schedule and you have your diff.

And let's not forget how that TCU baylor game ended. TCU got royally screwed out of that win. Plain and simple. It's also not helping Baylor that they now have incarnate word on their schedule and they've hired a PR firm to sway opinion.

Baylor is their own worst enemy in this deal.

A game scheduled for 2019 has 0 bearing on the 2014 season.

I'm not arguing the losses thing, but what is TCU's best win? And then tell me what baylor's best win is.....

Macarthur
12-04-2014, 09:39 AM
A game scheduled for 2019 has 0 bearing on the 2014 season.

It shouldn't but I'm not so sure that the committee hasn't discussed it. And I'm sure they would say that doesn't factor into their decision, but I can't imagine that there is more to all this than just what has happened on the field. You don't think the committee was more than a little put off by Baylor hiring a PR firm? Are you serious? Who is advising these people?

I'm not arguing the losses thing, but what is TCU's best win? And then tell me what baylor's best win is.....

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

There is a pretty wide gap in the SoS. If fact, if you want to look deeper into it, TCU's SoS is better than Oregon and FSU.

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2014, 04:15 PM
It shouldn't but I'm not so sure that the committee hasn't discussed it. And I'm sure they would say that doesn't factor into their decision, but I can't imagine that there is more to all this than just what has happened on the field. You don't think the committee was more than a little put off by Baylor hiring a PR firm? Are you serious? Who is advising these people?

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

There is a pretty wide gap in the SoS. If fact, if you want to look deeper into it, TCU's SoS is better than Oregon and FSU.
I'm not saying I disagree and that's fine and all, but you didn't answer the question.

Macarthur
12-04-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm not saying I disagree and that's fine and all, but you didn't answer the question.

At the time, OU. At this point prob KSU.

Macarthur
12-04-2014, 05:04 PM
And don't underestimate how beating UT like they did may have helped them. UT is t good but they did beat them very convincingly and physically whipped UT.

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2014, 06:24 PM
At the time, OU. At this point prob KSU.

Right, TCU barely getting by OU...

Baylor spanked the same OU team. Also, Baylor has a win over a top 4 team....

And if they win this weekend, they'll have also beaten KSU, the only other good win TCU has.

And agreed on the UT point, but Baylor spanked them too

Macarthur
12-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Right, TCU barely getting by OU...

Baylor spanked the same OU team. Also, Baylor has a win over a top 4 team....

And if they win this weekend, they'll have also beaten KSU, the only other good win TCU has.

And agreed on the UT point, but Baylor spanked them too

Sure and I've said earlier on this same thread, I think, that if Baylor handles KSU as well as tcu, they will have a legitimate point. They have to get past KSU first.

I disagree that Baylor spanked UT. That was just an ugly game. Baylor was not sharp.

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Sure and I've said earlier on this same thread, I think, that if Baylor handles KSU as well as tcu, they will have a legitimate point. They have to get past KSU first.

I disagree that Baylor spanked UT. That was just an ugly game. Baylor was not sharp.

Didn't watch it, just saw the final score and it was convincing enough

bulldog60
12-05-2014, 09:26 AM
TCU is the best team overall in the Big 12. Our conference should want to send the best team with the best chance to do well in the playoffs.

1st and goal
12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
More to chew on...
When TCU beat OU, OU was ranked higher than when Baylor played them.
Same thing for when they played OSU and KState.

caleb_mccaig
12-05-2014, 02:11 PM

I'll agree with that. Baylor definitely struggled and the game was closer than the score indicated. Baylor got some late points in garbage time, but the Baylor's defense played pretty well in that game. I was never really worried that Texas was going to get back in it.

By the way, Baylor hiring a PR firm is being blown way out of proportion. Conference USA hired a firm for Marshall earlier this season and that got almost no press. Regardless, I think hiring a PR firm is pointless in this situation.