PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorns at Texas Tech Saturday

Scoop27
10-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Will the Longhorns even have a chance to beat Texas Tech, who had 82 points scored on them against TCU) on Saturday.
The Horns played terrible in their 23-0 loss to a good Kansas State team and I think they were in the red zone once where they gambled on 4th down. They had two other drives where they could have tried field goals and came away with no points.

Macarthur
10-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Good question. Both teams were embarrassed. Will be interesting to see who shows up. I think UT wins.

Rabid Cougar
10-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Games in Lubbock. TeeTees wins.

Scoop27
10-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Kickoff is at 6:30 p.m. Fox Sports 1 which I believe on 219 on DirecTV

hookandladder
10-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Good question. Both teams were embarrassed. Will be interesting to see who shows up. I think UT wins.

Texas was not embarrassed , the offense just did not show up. ATM has been embarrassed in back to back to back games, big difference when your offense and defense sucks at the same time. Even you are smart enough to understand that, both teams are playing bad ball right now but only one team sucks on both sides of the ball.

Macarthur
10-26-2014, 10:19 PM
You do realize I'm not an aggie. Why that comment to me?

Maybe you weren't embarrased but I think UT's football team should be embarrased for that. KSU didn't even play very well.

Lion70
10-27-2014, 02:30 AM
Texas was not embarrassed , the offense just did not show up. ATM has been embarrassed in back to back to back games, big difference when your offense and defense sucks at the same time. Even you are smart enough to understand that, both teams are playing bad ball right now but only one team sucks on both sides of the ball.
Your texas and shut out you have lost 5 games and I repeat shutout. They qualifies as embarrassingly

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 06:29 AM
You do realize I'm not an aggie. Why that comment to me?

Maybe you weren't embarrased but I think UT's football team should be embarrased for that. KSU didn't even play very well.

Just giving you an example of getting embarrased is like and atm was embarrased 3 games in a row, it is no secret Texas is not a good team this year and no one said they would be only the ignorant media think they should be better. Very little talent on the offensive side of the ball and after the injuries and players being dismissed, just not much there.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 06:34 AM
Your texas and shut out you have lost 5 games and I repeat shutout. They qualifies as embarrassingly

**** happens just like in aggyland, only difference the aggys have talent and Sumlin still lossing. I know there is no good lost and Texas is not very good this year but man wouldn't be embarrasing to be an aggy this year, 23-0 is bad but 59-0 and your team gave up in the 2nd quarter. No matter what happens this year, still a Longhorn. Hookem and aggys always suck.

1st and goal
10-27-2014, 08:19 AM
**** happens just like in aggyland, only difference the aggys have talent and Sumlin still lossing. I know there is no good lost and Texas is not very good this year but man wouldn't be embarrasing to be an aggy this year, 23-0 is bad but 59-0 and your team gave up in the 2nd quarter. No matter what happens this year, still a Longhorn. Hookem and aggys always suck.

Grow up. LOL.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 08:44 AM
Grow up. LOL.

Look whos talking, LOL

Macarthur
10-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Just giving you an example of getting embarrased is like and atm was embarrased 3 games in a row, it is no secret Texas is not a good team this year and no one said they would be only the ignorant media think they should be better. Very little talent on the offensive side of the ball and after the injuries and players being dismissed, just not much there.

That was an embarrasing game for the aggies.

However, you do need to keep in mind they have lost three weeks in a row to three teams in the top 5. No excuse for 59-0, but losing to MSU and Ole Miss is not embarrassing.

New Taiton
10-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Very little talent on the offensive side of the ball and after the injuries and players being dismissed, just not much there.

RT - Darius James - 4*
WR - Marcus Johnson - 3*
WR - Jaxon Shipley - 4*
WR - John Harris - 4*
LT - Marcus Hutchins - 4*
QB - Tyrone Swoopes - 5*
RB - Jonathan Gray - 5*
RB - Malcom Brown - 5*
RB - D'onte Foreman - 2*
WR - Armanti Foreman - 4*
TE - Geoff Swaim - 3*
C - Taylor Doyle - 3*
RG - Kent Perkins - 4*

Yep - very little talent on the offensive side of the ball.......

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 10:23 AM
RT - Darius James - 4*
WR - Marcus Johnson - 3*
WR - Jaxon Shipley - 4*
WR - John Harris - 4*
LT - Marcus Hutchins - 4*
QB - Tyrone Swoopes - 5*
RB - Jonathan Gray - 5*
RB - Malcom Brown - 5*
RB - D'onte Foreman - 2*
WR - Armanti Foreman - 4*
TE - Geoff Swaim - 3*
C - Taylor Doyle - 3*
RG - Kent Perkins - 4*

Yep - very little talent on the offensive side of the ball.......

Yes, atm finding out what that star rating will get you, Swoopes was rated an Athlete after the Elite QB camp. The star beside your name is useless if you cannot produce on the field, your team finding that out also. You keep doing your research, you good at that coming from BFE.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 10:26 AM
That was an embarrasing game for the aggies.

However, you do need to keep in mind they have lost three weeks in a row to three teams in the top 5. No excuse for 59-0, but losing to MSU and Ole Miss is not embarrassing.

So your saying getting embarrassed by teams in the top 5 is OK, that's the sec sprite. We are the sec, right.Lol

Macarthur
10-27-2014, 10:48 AM
They got embarrased by Alabama. The other two games were not embarrasments. Get a grip. Your obsession is insane.

New Taiton
10-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes, atm finding out what that star rating will get you, Swoopes was rated an Athlete after the Elite QB camp. The star beside your name is useless if you cannot produce on the field, your team finding that out also. You keep doing your research, you good at that coming from BFE.

When you show me a team that has won a national championship that hasn't recruited in the top 10, then your "excuse" will mean something. No team has "coached up" a bunch of 2 and 3* scrubs and won anything of value.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 11:19 AM
They got embarrased by Alabama. The other two games were not embarrasments. Get a grip. Your obsession is insane.

The scores after the game was in hand only made it not look embarrassing, even atm fans admitt that. What games were you watching, just do not like atm. atm sucks, just the way it is. No different then what most atm fans feel, although there are some good atm fans but just not many. Lol

slpybear the bullfan
10-27-2014, 11:24 AM
So, you guys know I am a Longhorn fan. Thick or thin, win or lose.

I was absolutely embarrassed by the Offense on Saturday. We looked bad, from coaching staff all the way through players on field.

I took heart that the defense is still playing decent. Looking at the schedule, I am legitimately worried we may not win another game.

New Taiton
10-27-2014, 11:38 AM
I'd like to hear someone's opinion on the Shawn Watson, the offensive coordinator.

There were a lot of people not happy with this hire due to his past stops.

Does he contribute to the offensive woes?

1st and goal
10-27-2014, 11:38 AM
The scores after the game was in hand only made it not look embarrassing, even atm fans admitt that. What games were you watching, just do not like atm. atm sucks, just the way it is. No different then what most atm fans feel, although there are some good atm fans but just not many. Lol

LOLOLOLOL

This is better than late night comedy. It is just some young men playing football. Yes, there is big money behind it all.

LOLOLOLOL.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 11:48 AM
I'd like to hear someone's opinion on the Shawn Watson, the offensive coordinator.

There were a lot of people not happy with this hire due to his past stops.

Does he contribute to the offensive woes?

Yes, every armchair coach is very disappointed when you lose but very happy when you win. It is the coaching, Lol

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 11:49 AM
LOLOLOLOL

This is better than late night comedy. It is just some young men playing football. Yes, there is big money behind it all.

LOLOLOLOL.

And the buff and aggys lose again,Lol

New Taiton
10-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Yes, every armchair coach is very disappointed when you lose but very happy when you win. It is the coaching, Lol

Thanks for this meaningless post.

What are your thoughts on Shawn Watson and his offensive philosophy that is rather vanilla when compared to other conference mates?

Macarthur
10-27-2014, 12:10 PM
I haven't followed Watson's career to know a whole lot about him, frankly.

I think the challenge he has is that he has a QB that just isn't good in the pocket, yet. Or maybe I should say he's very inconsistent. He's shown flashes. Someone mentioned the other day that they should roll out more, that he looks good on the run. While I don't disagree, you can't base your offense around that. When a QB rolls to one side, the defense no longer has to defend the entire field. So while that works when you have balance, it can't be the basis of your offense. It simply boils down to the fact that your QB has to make quality throws from the pocket to win big in college and the NFL. I think that's Watson's issue right now is that he's basically working with one hand tied behind his back. And realize that guys like Snyder and the coaches he employs are very smart. They know pretty quick what your QB can and can not do. Good defenses will take something away from you. That's why Patterson has such a long history of good defneses. He will absolutely take one thing that you like to do away from you.

Now, I will say this, you have two 5* RBs in the backfield and they combined for something like 15 touches Saturday? That sounds really weird to me.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks for this meaningless post.

What are your thoughts on Shawn Watson and his offensive philosophy that is rather vanilla when compared to other conference mates?

Watson is a good coach, give him time and talent and he will be successful.

Macarthur
10-27-2014, 01:03 PM

What do you mean by 'give him talent'?

Looking at their next two recruiting classes, you could argue that UT has more talent on their roster now than they will in 2 years.

New Taiton
10-27-2014, 01:18 PM

Would it be fair to say that any coach could be successful with time and talent?

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 01:19 PM
What do you mean by 'give him talent'?

Looking at their next two recruiting classes, you could argue that UT has more talent on their roster now than they will in 2 years.

Right now Heard will not be giving any thought of playing this year, so Swoopes has no one pushing him at practice. Next year that will change and also with the players dismissed this year (OL, receivers and Daje being out) there are to many first year players, there will be players step up next year. Again stop looking at the Stars next to their name, Hall is a prime example of what you can do with that star next to your name. Do you really think coaches can come in and in one year turn things around with someone elses players, more talent and experience will make a big difference. Just for the record, I do feel Heard will overtake Swoopes next year.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Would it be fair to say that any coach could be successful with time and talent?

Yea unless your at atm,Lol

BwdLions
10-27-2014, 01:52 PM

You have an odd way of using the English language friend.

Macarthur
10-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Right now Heard will not be giving any thought of playing this year, so Swoopes has no one pushing him at practice. Next year that will change and also with the players dismissed this year (OL, receivers and Daje being out) there are to many first year players, there will be players step up next year. Again stop looking at the Stars next to their name, Hall is a prime example of what you can do with that star next to your name. Do you really think coaches can come in and in one year turn things around with someone elses players, more talent and experience will make a big difference. Just for the record, I do feel Heard will overtake Swoopes next year.

I actually agree with you that stars by names don't always equate to talent. Although there is quite a bit of irony to hear this coming from a Longhorn fan. :crazy1:

Having said that, you can go back and look at the final rankings next to recruiting rankings over the last decade +, and you will see that, in general, the best teams typically get the best recruits. This is 100% undeniable. It's no coincidence that FSU, UT, Alabama, Auburn, USC, LSU and the like generally have the best recruiting rankings. So for a UT fan to say they don't have talent on the roster really rings hollow, to me.

Now, what coaches do with that talent once it's on campus is a diff story (player development). But when you have an offense full of 4 and 5 star guys, it makes you look kinda silly when you say you'll be able to score on KSU once the coach has some time to get the talent level up.

I'm really not trying to take a dig at you. I'm just trying to point out how that phrase looks to non-Longhorns.

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2014, 02:35 PM
I actually agree with you that stars by names don't always equate to talent. Although there is quite a bit of irony to hear this coming from a Longhorn fan. :crazy1:

Having said that, you can go back and look at the final rankings next to recruiting rankings over the last decade +, and you will see that, in general, the best teams typically get the best recruits. This is 100% undeniable. It's no coincidence that FSU, UT, Alabama, Auburn, USC, LSU and the like generally have the best recruiting rankings. So for a UT fan to say they don't have talent on the roster really rings hollow, to me.

Now, what coaches do with that talent once it's on campus is a diff story (player development). But when you have an offense full of 4 and 5 star guys, it makes you look kinda silly when you say you'll be able to score on KSU once the coach has some time to get the talent level up.

I'm really not trying to take a dig at you. I'm just trying to point out how that phrase looks to non-Longhorns.

And there's 4-5*s backing those starters up too.

Both teams should be ashamed of what they have done this year. Piss poor effort and execution is hard to watch no matter what color the jersey.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 02:51 PM

When I say better talent I am mostly looking at the skilled players and that includes the QB, just not seeing enough of top talent to make a difference. This boils down to Mack's recruiting classes the last few years, Mack had no idea what kind of offense he wanted to run. One year he wanted to run the spread and the next year he wanted to just line up and run the ball, as a Head coach of a major program you should not have to change your offense from year to year. Mack relied to much on the recruiting services and instead of watching film and go after players that would fit his program, I am willing to bet Strong will go after players that will fit his program somewhat like Coach Synder does at K-State. It will not happen over night like most ignorant fans want to think, it will take time. If in three years Texas is getting blown out like atm is has done the last three games, Strong will be gone after three to four years. It does not matter if Texas is playing the top teams in the country and I am saying getting blown out , not playing well and losing. Sumlin is an offensive guy and Strong is a defensive guy, time we tell which one can put a solid team on both sides of the ball.

Saggy Aggie
10-27-2014, 02:55 PM
H&L, your posts would come across a lot better, despite the trash talk, if your sentences were at least coherent and spelled correctly. -_____-

Macarthur
10-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Dude, you really have an unhealthy obsession with A&M.

You should be worried about Gary Patterson, Bob Stoops and Art Briles because those are the guys you need to beat.

Macarthur
10-27-2014, 02:58 PM
And if I'm being honest, right now, Strong would be no higher than 5th on my list of the top coaches in his own conference!

Saggy Aggie
10-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Your attempt to compare losses is ignorant. Yes, A&M got blown out by bama...but do I need to remind you of the BYU game? Or the loss to UCLA (who is mediocre with Hundley) without their star QB....

Those are twice as embarrassing as losing to Ole miss and miss st....

This whole thread is pathetic though. 'Look how bad you guys lost. We only lost by .... '

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Dude, you really have an unhealthy obsession with A&M.

You should be worried about Gary Patterson, Bob Stoops and Art Briles because those are the guys you need to beat.

Really.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 03:02 PM
And if I'm being honest, right now, Strong would be no higher than 5th on my list of the top coaches in his own conference!

And your list means what, ****.

Macarthur
10-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Really.

Hell yes. Stoops and Art already won, and who thinks UT is going to take down TCU?

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Your attempt to compare losses is ignorant. Yes, A&M got blown out by bama...but do I need to remind you of the BYU game? Or the loss to UCLA (who is mediocre with Hundley) without their star QB....

Those are twice as embarrassing as losing to Ole miss and miss st....

This whole thread is pathetic though. 'Look how bad you guys lost. We only lost by .... '

Not comparing losses, just stating the fact that if Strong is losing games the way Sumlin is after 3 years he will be either gone or on the hot seat. It is what it is, life of a coach.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Hell yes. Stoops and Art already won, and who thinks UT is going to take down TCU?

That one flew right over your head, was talking about atm. Lol

Macarthur
10-27-2014, 03:11 PM
And I'm trying to point out your misguided obsession.

Against Stoops, Briles, Snyder & Patterson, the last 3+ seasons UT is 4-10 against those guys.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 03:16 PM
And I'm trying to point out your misguided obsession.

Against Stoops, Briles, Snyder & Patterson, the last 3+ seasons UT is 4-10 against those guys.

Yes they are and atm like OU still suck, Lol

New Taiton
10-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Yea unless your at atm,Lol

I know you're being cute, but tell me which coach at Texas A&M has had time and talent.

There has not been a team in the BCS era that has won a national championship and has not had a top 10 recruting class according to rivals. For instance, University of XYZ won the MNC is 2008 and had a 2007 class ranked 4th and the 2006 was ranked 11th, etc.

Recruiting rankings matter. Again - when you can point to a team with a bunch of "coached up" 3* that has won something of value, then that excuse becomes applicable. Unitl then, it is not.

BwdLions
10-29-2014, 10:31 AM
I know you're being cute, but tell me which coach at Texas A&M has had time and talent.

Sumlin was hired December 2011, so this is his 3rd year. Below are A&M's recruiting rankings for the past three years:

2012 - #15
2013 - #11
2014 - #6

New Taiton
10-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Sumlin was hired December 2011, so this is his 3rd year. Below are A&M's recruiting rankings for the past three years:

2012 - #15
2013 - #11
2014 - #6

Three years to get everything turned around? You consider that time?

Time for a newly hired Division I coach is at least 4-5 years. Most coaches don't get that.

How long does Strong get? What if he goes 6-6 next year? Will he be on the hotseat in year 3?

hookandladder
10-29-2014, 02:56 PM

2012 - #15
2013 - #11
2014 - #6

You wasting your time, Lol.

Scoop27
10-29-2014, 04:31 PM
I expect the Longhorns to find a way to beat Tech

hookandladder
10-29-2014, 05:53 PM
I expect the Longhorns to find a way to beat Tech

I hope you are right, never a easy place for Texas to win and definitely this year.

BwdLions
10-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Three years to get everything turned around? You consider that time?

Time for a newly hired Division I coach is at least 4-5 years. Most coaches don't get that.

How long does Strong get? What if he goes 6-6 next year? Will he be on the hotseat in year 3?

You're right. I didn't take into consideration he's dealing with aggies (the aggy factor). It may take a coach at A&M 10 years to straighten things out. Sorry.

BwdLions
10-30-2014, 10:05 AM
44 -27 Horns

New Taiton
10-30-2014, 10:12 AM
You're right. I didn't take into consideration he's dealing with aggies (the aggy factor). It may take a coach at A&M 10 years to straighten things out. Sorry.

You've ducked this question twice.

You assume that Kevin Sumlin should have everything in place with a new program after 2.5 years.

Don't duck this question - how long does Charlie Strong get at Texas to turn the program around?

hollywood
10-30-2014, 10:20 AM
TTU by 7. Tech's above average offense against an above average defense. Texas' below average offense against Tech's below average defense. Should be a dandy! :thinking:

BwdLions
10-30-2014, 03:43 PM
You've ducked this question twice.

You assume that Kevin Sumlin should have everything in place with a new program after 2.5 years.

Don't duck this question - how long does Charlie Strong get at Texas to turn the program around?

I really like the way Charlie is going about things. He runs a good moral program (or at least it sure seems like he does). If he gets to his third year and is getting blown out like Sumlin is this year, as far as I'm concerned, it's time for him to go. I believe if you can't be very competitive in your third year, it's time to move on. This is big time college football. No coach should be given four or five years.

BwdLions
10-30-2014, 03:46 PM
TTU by 7. Tech's above average offense against an above average defense. Texas' below average offense against Tech's below average defense. Should be a dandy! :thinking:

If Texas can't beat Tech, it's time to panic. Texas is not that good this year, but Tech is terrible.

Scoop27
10-30-2014, 07:05 PM
I don't think playing in Lubbock or even if it were in Austin will be a factor in this game. Both teams are 3-5 and it's comes down which team plays the best by eliminating turnovers and penalties

Scoop27
10-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Charlie Strong just said in his weekly radio webcast tonight that it's not about playing hard but playing smart. And that special teams play a big part in the game.

Scoop27
10-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Strong also said it's not necessarily about building but putting a better team on the field

Lion70
10-31-2014, 01:08 AM
Dumpster fire game . Big 12 worst offense vs Big 12 worst defense. 3-5 for both teams. Horns win

hookandladder
10-31-2014, 03:56 PM
I really like the way Charlie is going about things. He runs a good moral program (or at least it sure seems like he does). If he gets to his third year and is getting blown out like Sumlin is this year, as far as I'm concerned, it's time for him to go. I believe if you can't be very competitive in your third year, it's time to move on. This is big time college football. No coach should be given four or five years.

I have said the same about Coach Strong and I agree with you, if Strong is getting blown out of games after 3 years like Sumlin I will be surprised to see him at Texas in year 4. I and most Texas fans will not give a rats ass if the teams blowing out Texas are top teams, after 3 years at Texas that just will not be allowed. ATM has different goals then Texas,sec blowouts are still blowouts no matter the conference.

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2014, 07:03 PM
When did UT or TTU schedule A&M for this game? :1offtopc:

hookandladder
10-31-2014, 08:47 PM

It's them damn aggys, Lol

Lion70
11-01-2014, 04:37 AM

You know about that Aggie obsession with a team like that I don't blame them one bit.

hookandladder
11-01-2014, 09:38 AM
You know about that Aggie obsession with a team like that I don't blame them one bit.

Yes, that's what winning will do. Lol

Macarthur
11-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Hmmm. One team is losing in the SEC w freshmen and sophomores and another is losing in the big 12 w juniors and seniors. Which future looks brighter....

hookandladder
11-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Hmmm. One team is losing in the SEC w freshmen and sophomores and another is losing in the big 12 w juniors and seniors. Which future looks brighter....
Mac, give it up.

Scoop27
11-01-2014, 10:10 PM
We'll take the win even though didn't play well at times

Roughneck93
11-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Hookem....

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2414998/ec.0.gif

Tejastrue
11-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Swoopes can chunk the ball...much like Vince Young.

hookandladder
11-02-2014, 12:43 AM

Just pitiful Mac.

Macarthur
11-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Just pitiful Mac.

Congrats. You just beat the worst team in the big 12. And their backup qb.

hookandladder
11-03-2014, 08:28 AM

Your so bad, you one of them closet fans. Lol

BwdLions
11-03-2014, 10:41 AM

That's nice of you to say. That's exactly what they needed to do.