PDA

View Full Version : SEALY VOLLEYBALL DISTRICT CHAMPS for 1st time since 1996!!

TigerPride12
10-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Sealy has never been known as anything but a football school. However, there is a rising power in Tigerland and that's the Lady Tiger Volleyball team. Friday night they defeated Columbus (26-24, 18-25, 25-19, 25-13) to take home they're first district crown since the 1996 season. They controlled a Columbus team that is known for great volleyball play and this year, have two 6'2 girls (one going to Florida). The Lady Tigers are 30-9 on the season and look like a well oiled machine. New Coach Jennifer Vaden from Liberty University has instilled a winning attitude and the "never back down mentality". Tuesday night they will close out the regular season against El Campo at chance to finish district UNDEFEATED. If you get the chance to catch some volleyball games, go check out the Lady Tigers in action. The best part about them is that there are no absolute standouts. They work together in ways that just make the game look simple and they always seem to find a way to win matches. It's for sure a good year to be a Volleyball fan in Sealy! Game time against El Campo Tuesday is scheduled for 7 at SHS.

Scoop27
10-26-2014, 05:45 PM
I've listened to some of the matches on Sweeny Tiger Network

TigerPride12
10-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Scoop I think you mean *Sealy sports network lol. Those guys do a great job year round on all sports. Jim Turnbull, the producer, really invests his time and effort into Tiger Athletics. The football announcers also blend well. I believe one is a former state champion and the other a you do former all around athlete that goes to Texas? Sealy's very fortunate to have all those guys !

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2014, 09:48 PM
Sealy has never been known as anything but a football school. However, there is a rising power in Tigerland and that's the Lady Tiger Volleyball team. Friday night they defeated Columbus (26-24, 18-25, 25-19, 25-13) to take home they're first district crown since the 1996 season.

1996 was the first year the uil not only put sealy and Bellville into different districts they were in two separate regions. that year in Austin, the two Austin county teams played each other for the state championship, Bellville went on to win 15-3 15-3 over sealy. Bellville ended up with 6 state titles in the 90,s.

18 years later two separate districts and regions. will it be a all Austin county state championship?

Scoop27
10-27-2014, 10:29 PM
I liked volleyball more when it was two out of three and you could only score points on a serve install of rally scoring. Those matches were a lot quicker. Covered five state championships by East Bernard while writing for the Wharton Journal Spectator-That's when they played at Gregory Gym and then in San Marcos

Scoop27
10-27-2014, 10:30 PM
I graduated with Bellville coach Susan Brewer in 1973 and she didn't play volleyball under Norma Pullin. She was a tennis player and now she coaches tennis as well as volleyball and has program strong as well

TigerPride12
10-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Former Brahma, interesting statistic that I wasn't aware of! That would be something if Sealy played Bellville in the State Game. Fingers crossed both teams can keep up their stellar play of volleyball because both teams are rolling. Playoffs start a week from today so it's right around the corner!

zebrablue2
10-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Congrats to the lady Tigers:2thumbsup: