PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Bulldogs (7-1 / 3-0) @ La Vega Pirates (3-5 / 2-1)

Cam
10-26-2014, 01:18 AM
Another crazy long road trip!....Burnet can clinch the district championship with a win.....La Vega looks like a fast team...A win for La Vega this Friday would be huge for them and setup a showdown with Robinson......Burnet QB Austin Moore continues to light it up...and them tall receivers are just plain hard to cover..Burnet O now averaging 44 points/game...should be a fun night!!.....

regaleagle
10-26-2014, 03:19 AM
I attended the Burnet/Robinson game about 10 days ago and was really impressed with Moore's accuracy and his abilities. The Bulldogs appear to have a very competitive group of good athletes on that team....I'd say they should do well in the playoffs. The tall recievers help, but Moore was putting the ball right where it needed to be all night. I do think the secondary for Robinson was a little suspect though....at least on that night were. And Moore did have plenty of time to deliver the goods. That could be a positive reflection of the O-line....hard to say by watching just one game against one opponent. But overall I'd say Burnet looks to be a very capable football team that can play defense and light up the scoreboard.

Rabid Cougar
10-26-2014, 12:02 PM
There has to be a poll for this one??????

Cam
10-26-2014, 12:10 PM
There has to be a poll for this one??????

well yeah....I just wanted to see how long it would take for the dude who votes against Burnet all the time would vote!..Didn't take him long!!....I think he dislikes Burnet, the color green, and me about equally!!:spitlol:.....ya know, he's probably the same guy who had the single vote for Gatesville in the Burnet/Gatesville poll!....:D

Cam
10-26-2014, 12:24 PM
I attended the Burnet/Robinson game about 10 days ago and was really impressed with Moore's accuracy and his abilities. The Bulldogs appear to have a very competitive group of good athletes on that team....I'd say they should do well in the playoffs. The tall recievers help, but Moore was putting the ball right where it needed to be all night. I do think the secondary for Robinson was a little suspect though....at least on that night were. And Moore did have plenty of time to deliver the goods. That could be a positive reflection of the O-line....hard to say by watching just one game against one opponent. But overall I'd say Burnet looks to be a very capable football team that can play defense and light up the scoreboard.

The O-line has been great..It all starts with them....A shout out to the big nasty's!.....Jared McHazlett (Mr. Tenacious! I love to watch him play...he's always irritating the crap out of someone out there!), Aaron Cook, Jarrett Thornley, and the Saldivar twins (Christopher & Christian)........:clap:

Rocket Man
10-26-2014, 06:10 PM
well yeah....I just wanted to see how long it would take for the dude who votes against Burnet all the time would vote!..Didn't take him long!!....I think he dislikes Burnet, the color green, and me about equally!!:spitlol:.....ya know, he's probably the same guy who had the single vote for Gatesville in the Burnet/Gatesville poll!....:D

I voted for Gatesville last week, but I haven't voted on this poll. I guess you could call it a sympathy vote.

Anyway, get ready for "Pirates in the house" "Bulldogs in the house". La Vega has a colorful announcer, when you can hear him.

No hate from me, just funnin!

Gen.Pat
10-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Bulldogs will take a big bite out of the Pirates.

Rocket Man
10-26-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm 95% sure y'all will win this one, that 5% comes from LV being a strange team sometimes, you just never know when their light will come on, plus y'all are road tripping again and just came off a blowout victory and human nature being what it is, there could be a let down in vigilance. Still, if I were wagering $, I'd bet on yall. Travel safe.

stardog
10-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Those votes for Gatesville and La Vega are someone who would go for it on 4th and 50.

Waco area is beginning to be like a home game.

lv2937
10-27-2014, 07:02 AM
Burnet by 20.I think we already played the better Waco area teams.

varsity parent
10-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Burnet is going to keelhaul the Pirates

bulldog60
10-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Burnet 45-13

defense51
10-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Bulldogs win this one by 2-3 td's.

stardog
10-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Hard to predict an accurate score for game. I think Gatesville is a better team than they played Burnet. Better team than the score indicated. They just had an off night and Burnet is playing better each week. Have cut out turnovers and mistakes. I think La Vega is capable of scoring - it will be a challenge to hold them down for the whole game. Burnet will outscore them - just how much ?

panfan
10-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Bullpups better not go and get all big headed and everything, we have a date with ya'll in the playoffs down the line. Would hate to see ya'll miss it. :stirpot:

Bosqueville
10-30-2014, 09:09 AM
I love it when the announcer says "brought down by a boat load of Pirates!"

lv2937
10-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Panfan, I think ya,all have a better chance of missing this date than we do. We will be there waiting on the purple kitty cats.

Cam
10-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Panfan, I think ya,all have a better chance of missing this date than we do. We will be there waiting on the purple kitty cats.

Wow.....banter goin' on over here and I'm not even involved!.....Nice!....I think I can retire now....

Cam
10-30-2014, 01:38 PM
I love it when the announcer says "brought down by a boat load of Pirates!"

one thing for sure watchin' their highlights....them Pirates would be fast even if they had wooden legs!!.....however, they'll be bringin' down Bulldog runners by the boat load....IN THE END ZONES!!..:D

stardog
10-30-2014, 02:20 PM
one thing for sure watchin' their highlights....them Pirates would be fast even if they had wooden legs!!.....however, they'll be bringin' down Bulldog runners by the boat load....IN THE END ZONES!!..:D

And it will take a boat load !!!! Cam - you look a little like a pirate.

greendawg84
10-31-2014, 07:56 AM
Bullpups better not go and get all big headed and everything, we have a date with ya'll in the playoffs down the line. Would hate to see ya'll miss it. :stirpot:

Let hope the football Gods smile down on both teams so this can work out !

panfan
10-31-2014, 08:06 AM

Why you say that IV?

panfan
10-31-2014, 08:09 AM
Let hope the football Gods smile down on both teams so this can work out !

O h heavenly football gods - anoint these teams with the flexall 454, tape, and other necessary stuff to keep them playing until they meet each other in the playoffs. AMEN.

I'll pass around the offering plate later - I accept visa, mastercard, amex, checks, cash, and six packs of cold adult beverages.

Cam
10-31-2014, 11:08 AM
And it will take a boat load !!!! Cam - you look a little like a pirate.

...well...that can't be too bad.....I've been told I look like something a lot worse!....like a "wet finger"!!!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/fing.jpg

greendawg84
10-31-2014, 11:12 AM
Cam with the ole eye patch and a parrot on his shoulder instead of a camera ....... you might be on to something there ......

stardog
10-31-2014, 11:40 AM
...well...that can't be too bad.....I've been told I look like something a lot worse!....like a "wet finger"!!!

That's what them pirates will look like after the game tonight.

panfan
10-31-2014, 11:47 AM

Cover that thing up, you're scaring people. I know its Halloween, but....

Cam
10-31-2014, 12:35 PM
well....guess I'll be headin' to the house in a bit....get a little rest...probly take a crap....and hit the road AGAIN to Waco!....I hear it could get down to the 40's with windy conditions when that front moves through....is this true???....

Rabid Cougar
10-31-2014, 12:51 PM
well....guess I'll be headin' to the house in a bit....get a little rest...probly take a crap....and hit the road AGAIN to Waco!....I hear it could get down to the 40's with windy conditions when that front moves through....is this true???....

Pretty damd chilly right now. Winds out of the north.

Cam
10-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Pretty damd chilly right now. Winds out of the north.

shoot!...can I come by and borrow your chinchilla??.....

Rocket Man
11-01-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm 95% sure y'all will win this one, that 5% comes from LV being a strange team sometimes, you just never know when their light will come on, plus y'all are road tripping again and just came off a blowout victory and human nature being what it is, there could be a let down in vigilance. Still, if I were wagering $, I'd bet on yall. Travel safe.

I just wanted to point out that I pointed this out.