PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 - Bellville (8-1, 3-0) at Columbus (2-6, 0-2)

Scoop27
10-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Brahmas should handle the Cardinals in their final district game

Pudlugger
10-25-2014, 11:23 PM
The Brahmas will remember their loss to the Cards last year and make amends. Bellville wins by 28. This is not a good year for Columbus.

BB BULLS
10-26-2014, 07:41 AM
Columbus always plays us tough we just got to take care of them early cant let them hang around. then we get a weeks rest before the playoffs.

OLE'BULL
10-27-2014, 09:04 AM
This one shouldn't be a problem for the Brahmas. The D is back on track and the offense is rolling. Like BB Bulls said, let's jump on the early and get our starters out by the middle of the third quarter. We have been fortunate not to have injuries, lets not start now!

Pudlugger
10-27-2014, 10:08 AM
This one shouldn't be a problem for the Brahmas. The D is back on track and the offense is rolling. Like BB Bulls said, let's jump on the early and get our starters out by the middle of the third quarter. We have been fortunate not to have injuries, lets not start now!

While I favor Bellville in this one I caution them on not taking the Cards seriously. They are a hot and cold team with their 2-6 record but remember they played Cuero and Giddings close within one possession in those loses. It is a fact that the Cards really play up when they play Bellville much like Giddings does with LG. They have some decent athletes on their team and are capable of an upset if the Brahmas don't dominate early and consistently. If they let the Cards stay close it could be trouble.

OLE'BULL
10-27-2014, 01:33 PM
While I favor Bellville in this one I caution them on not taking the Cards seriously. They are a hot and cold team with their 2-6 record but remember they played Cuero and Giddings close within one possession in those loses. It is a fact that the Cards really play up when they play Bellville much like Giddings does with LG. They have some decent athletes on their team and are capable of an upset if the Brahmas don't dominate early and consistently. If they let the Cards stay close it could be trouble.

I am definitely not overlooking the Cards. We sure don't want a repeat of last year! Bellville will be up for this one for a couple of reasons. Revenge being one of them, and an outright District Championship being the other. I don't see Bellville letting off the gas until it is out of hand.

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Bellville 42-14.

OLE'BULL
10-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Bellville 42-14.

I am good with that HEMO! Wouldn't mind a shutout though, I would even be willing to sacrifice a Brahma TD or 2!

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2014, 03:14 PM
I am good with that HEMO! Wouldn't mind a shutout though, I would even be willing to sacrifice a Brahma TD or 2!

With Bellville's defense, that is more of a probablity than Columbus winning.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2014, 09:04 PM
bellville will pull away before half. the only way Columbus scores on bellvilles defense is if the #1 defense is on the side lines.

The Bull #40
10-28-2014, 04:19 PM

The Brahmas would be foolish to overlook the Cardinals, especially after last year! I don't see Rowe letting that happen anyways, I think the Brahmas will polish up this week for the playoffs and win the DC outright (not sure that means as much anymore since almost everyone makes playoffs but it should make our first week or two of playoffs easier). The Bellville/Columbus rivalry has run deep for years and I don't see this one being any different, I think both teams will play hard but I think the Brahmas just have too much firepower for the redbirds.... Bellville wins.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2014, 09:52 PM
keep in mind Columbus has had 2 weeks to get ready for Bellville and game is in Columbus. don't think Bellville will over look the cards after getting upset there last year.

BB BULLS
10-31-2014, 07:20 AM
Game day! Brahmas by 14 maybe more,just depends on how long the first team D plays.

The Bull #40
10-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Ready for the last district game, hopefully the Brahmas come out of tonight as outright district champs! This team has already exceeded my expectations for number of wins this year! I can't say enough about the outstanding job Coach Rowe has done for this program, bringing it back to dominance. I think this will be a great rivalry game as it usually is but the Brahmas take this one and run away with a 9-1 record heading into our bye week and then playoffs, Brahmas win 35-14.

BB BULLS
11-01-2014, 12:06 AM
great win Brahmas I am very proud of you young men. playing as a team always wins. DC champs! now we move on to bigger things just keep quiet no one is looking at us. seniors enjoy your time play hard and have fun win or lose

zebrablue2
11-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Congrats to the BULLS, great season!!!! Now keep it rolling...

Pudlugger
11-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Congratulations on the win and DC Brahmas. Maybe we'll meet up for one of those sloberknocker traditional LG-Bellveille games in round three. Wouldn't that be fun! :)

Saggy Aggie
11-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Where's rancher?

Pudlugger
11-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Where's rancher?

It's kind of ironic that Bellville's success can largely be traced to the coaching in mentoring these young men along like he did from their initial efforts this season to 9-1 and a top ten ranking in 4a D2. Perhaps Rancher will not be so quick to condemn next time.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Congratulations on the win and DC Brahmas. Maybe we'll meet up for one of those sloberknocker traditional LG-Bellveille games in round three. Wouldn't that be fun! :)

would be round 4. and this is the correct spelling Bellville.

BB BULLS
11-02-2014, 08:31 AM

that would be just fine with me Pudd to be the best you gotta beat the best. I think that would be a very good game to watch

zebrablue2
11-02-2014, 08:34 AM
that would be just fine with me Pudd to be the best you gotta beat the best. I think that would be a very good game to watch

I would look very forward to this matchup, lets plan on it..

BB BULLS
11-02-2014, 08:43 AM
I would look very forward to this matchup, lets plan on it..

we got to other teams to get by first. with the that second rd match up looks like it would be against HJ is that right

Pudlugger
11-02-2014, 10:30 AM
would be round 4. and this is the correct spelling Bellville.

It was a typo former. I know how to spell Bellville LOL. Check this link and you will see that the W11 meets the W12 in round three if both win their first and second games. Bellville will most likely meet HJ in the second round and LG should meet Orangefield.

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/w0ffOz9EEeS00gAmVebEWg/yUAefD9EEeS00gAmVebEWg/football-fall-14/2014-uil-state-football-championships-2014-football-conference-4a-d2-.htm