PDA

View Full Version : #22 J.K Dobbins sophomore running back for LG(Special talent)

Leopardfan201
10-25-2014, 07:30 PM
What ya think

Pudlugger
10-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Hard to describe him he must be seen to be believed. He makes things happen whenever he gets the ball and is a relentless predator on defense. Thing is if the D keys on him the Leps go to Hutchison and vice versa making it very hard to stop either. Each one potentiates the effectiveness of the other. He reminds me of Lincoln High School graduate and Sooner running back Joe Washington in his agility, speed and size. His acceleration and top end speed is better than any running back I have witnessed in high school football. He has a 48 inch vertical leap and runs a reliable 40 in the 4.3 range. He can pass accurately and is a very consistent receiver. He plays both ways and is as effective on defense as he is on offense. He is only a sophomore and is still growing. Now let me tell you about Bralon Hutchison....well that is for another thread.

Joe Wadhington 1975 highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azMUu7seoYY

J.K. Dobbins Dave Campbell Highlights 2013(freshman year):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6APNNQ9S1_M

PappaFeelGood
10-26-2014, 07:45 AM
JK is a special player and arguably could be the best to ever come out of LaGrange Texas. We all must remember he is only a sophomore. JK has excellent field vision, blinding lateral speed. He runs a 4.3 40 yd dash and I hear tell a 48" vertical. He truly is and has gifts from GOD. What else he has is that fire in his belly he will take this team and lead. With all that said he is a very respectable young gentleman. His answer are," yes sir no sir " a very polite young man, which is becoming less common in these times. It will be an honor and privilege to sit in the bleachers and watch him become even better.

WOS1
10-26-2014, 01:29 PM
From what I've seen, he's an outstanding player. Great speed, but it's hard to tell on film how big he is. What's his approximate height/weight?

hookandladder
10-26-2014, 01:41 PM
5'8" 185, very strong.

WOS1
10-26-2014, 01:52 PM
5'8" 185, very strong.

Looks bigger than that, to me. You can see he's quite a bit bigger this yr than he was last yr. Anyway, he's definitely going a different speed than everyone around him.

PappaFeelGood
10-26-2014, 03:49 PM
5'8" 185, very strong.

5'9". Not that a inch matters that much. 185 is correct with less than 10% body fat.

hookandladder
10-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Definitely bigger and stronger then last year, loves the weight room. His speed and quickness is what seperates him from the rest right now, his recruitment will be off the chart real soon.

Pudlugger
10-26-2014, 07:21 PM
His performance against Giddings was epic. He made so many moves to evade tacklers and broke into the open field for long gainers I lost count. Does anyone have his stats for that game? He threw a pass for a 2 point conversion and a td as well. He had an 86 yard run for another td. By the time he is a senior he will be even better. To have him at the same time as a highly recruited D1 player like Hutchison is a blessing for LG. The entire team is playing up to their potential and getting better each week. Now we have Salado and a Bye week to prepare for our run in the playoffs.

Leopardfan201
10-26-2014, 07:34 PM
LG will be better next year with alot of returning starters