PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 WK 10 GOTW: Big Spring at Abilene Wylie

slingshot
10-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Big Spring Steers and their hi-flying offense come to Abilene to take on the Wylie Bulldogs and their stingy defense and ball control running game! Should be a classic!

slingshot
10-25-2014, 06:51 PM
BTW-This HAS to be Region 1 GOTW!

toddg
10-25-2014, 07:13 PM
i say Wylie shortens the game with ball control..limiting Big Spring's possessions!

briandumith*
10-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Wylie is a lot better than they get credit for........lookout....:evillol:

ccmom
10-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Can't wait for this one!!

2muchOffense
10-26-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm thinking Big Spring but hoping Wylie. Lets make things interesting. Good luck to both as it should be another great game!

Sville
10-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Since we have a bye I will prolly make this one. I am a Wylie fan this week. Hollywood or Ville-D if either or both of y'all are going let me know.

slingshot
10-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Since we have a bye I will prolly make this one. I am a Wylie fan this week. Hollywood or Ville-D if either or both of y'all are going let me know.Give me a shout if ya'll come... meet for BBQ or a great burger?

hollywood
10-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Since we have a bye I will prolly make this one. I am a Wylie fan this week. Hollywood or Ville-D if either or both of y'all are going let me know.

Sounds good Sville. I was thinking the same. Would like to make this one.

hollywood
10-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Give me a shout if ya'll come... meet for BBQ or a great burger?

Will do slingshot!

canno
10-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Wylie defense will slow down steers offence.
Good size with speed.wylie by14

slingshot
10-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Will do slingshot!There is a strip mall near the mall that has Betty Rose's BBQ, Heff's Burgers and even a good Greek sandwich place--Niko's. Less than 10 minutes from the stadium--all quite good and pretty fast.

db8coach
10-26-2014, 09:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s

regaleagle
10-27-2014, 04:00 AM
BIG offense meets BIG defense.....say hello and come out rumbling, haha. Where bigtime rumbles are concerned, I tend to lean toward the defensive side of things in football games. And then there's them tall Dbacks and recievers that Wylie has that also kinda get your attention. Then I noticed that recently them Bulldogs have started putting up more points on the board offensively like I thought they'd be doing by now. Gee, I guess it looks like I"m gonna go with the Wylie Bulldogs in this one. Of course, I could be totally wrong about Big Spring's abilities to overcome a very strong defensive ballclub that can also wear a team down with that huge offensive line. But what the heck....should be a great game.

jason
10-27-2014, 08:02 AM
I might be down for a road trip as well. Will discuss with the wife.

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2014, 08:41 AM
I voted for Wylie for a handful of reasons. First one is that I heard they had
a couple of brothers move in one of which made an instant impact. Did I hear
right? A fifty yard TD run and an eighty yard KO return against Snyder? Another
reason is Wylie's depth. Teams that have prolific offenses tend to wear
defenses out and they're out of gas by the fourth quarter. That won't happen
with Wylie. They're usuallly always two deep at every position. And lastly the
Sandifer factor. He and the staff that he recruited straight out of high school
have been there forever and rarely get out coached. I'll say Wylie by 7 in a
42-35 type of game.

bearbear78
10-27-2014, 08:50 AM
If AW defense plays well then AW will take this one by 14. Put tons of pressure on the BS QB and dont give him time to scan the field.We turned the ball over numerous times and was still able to score enough to keep it a ballgame until the end , so the BS defense is not a threat...that qb having time to think is.

Caprocker
10-27-2014, 09:34 AM
If AW defense plays well then AW will take this one by 14. Put tons of pressure on the BS QB and dont give him time to scan the field.We turned the ball over numerous times and was still able to score enough to keep it a ballgame until the end , so the BS defense is not a threat...that qb having time to think is. lol...

db8coach
10-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Honestly, I don't think that Big Spring has ever beaten Wylie. In my time here, I think the Steers are 0-8 against Wylie with the last two games in the series being the closest. So, this one worries me for the Steers.

bearbear78
10-27-2014, 10:24 AM
lol...
Got anything that makes sense now?

Caprocker
10-27-2014, 10:25 AM
Honestly, I don't think that Big Spring has ever beaten Wylie. In my time here, I think the Steers are 0-8 against Wylie with the last two games in the series being the closest. So, this one worries me for the Steers. im loving the rick flair stuff man that takes me back.. thats when wrestling was still pure.. i miss the old suits and hairdo's...the von erics and junk yard dawg.. whoooooooo...yeah this one worries me too...as have the last 7 nail biters weve been navigating..hopefully, the lord will provide another act of kindness on us..lord knows our pass defense needs a blessing.

Caprocker
10-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Got anything that makes sense now?

i would like to revisit a post that i made concerning turnovers and how they dont just fart out of the air to the tune of 7...you graham guys are so pro graham to the point of nausea.. thats the "sense" regarding my obvious laugh out loud..over your head though dad i know.

db8coach
10-27-2014, 10:33 AM
.hopefully, the lord will provide another act of kindness on us..lord knows our pass defense needs a blessing.

I do think, though, “Three things can happen when you throw the football, and two of them are bad” (UT coach Royal). And as for the Nature Boy! 23x World Champion! Stylin and Profilin....Elbow droppin on his own sports coat! He is a legend.

bearbear78
10-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Turnovers are turnovers so im guess it went over your head son. Game shouldnt have been close with as many that we had. The point is your D is below good and if abilene wylie can slow the wheels down on the qb the game is theirs

Caprocker
10-27-2014, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=bearbear78;1835111]Turnovers are turnovers so im guess it went over your head son. Game shouldnt have been close with as many that we had. The point is your D is below good and if abilene wylie can slow the wheels down on the qb the game is theirs[/QUOT

Good call dad..

bearbear78
10-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Yes I know, Son

Smitty
10-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Pulling for Wylie by at least 14

db8coach
10-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Turnovers are turnovers so im guess it went over your head son. Game shouldnt have been close with as many that we had. The point is your D is below good and if abilene wylie can slow the wheels down on the qb the game is theirs

Sville slowed the wheels down on Tannehill on Friday...

bearbear78
10-27-2014, 11:31 AM
And lost their qb who without a doubt would have made a difference in the game. Backup is a damn good qb but hes not stidham. Stidham is ranked as high as he is for a reason. With him in the game I say jackets would have won by 10 maybe 14. Defense picks It up then 21+

db8coach
10-27-2014, 11:43 AM
And lost their qb who without a doubt would have made a difference in the game. Backup is a damn good qb but hes not stidham. Stidham is ranked as high as he is for a reason. With him in the game I say jackets would have won by 10 maybe 14. Defense picks It up then 21+

You forgot to mention the Steer starting noseguard and center getting hurt. With those two being healthy, the Steers pick up 75 more yards and another touchdown and get 2 more sacks and hold the run down by 40 yards....could have been and would have beens have no basis in reality. Maybe the Steers had a gameplan specifically for Stidham and didn't know how to react to the backup. ASSUMING that Stidham would have scored 10-14 more points is just fantasy at this point.

Sville
10-27-2014, 12:11 PM
For the Jackets to get the #1 seed we need Wylie to beat BS by 7 then beat Wylie by 8 or more.

3-4A tie breaker is point differential +/-17. If 3 way tie still exist then it is coin flip with odd man as #1 seed then the #2 and #3 seed will be head to head result.

The #2 seed will have the toughest road in region 1 from our district. They will catch Andrews in the 2nd round, Graham in the 3rd, and one of the other 3-4A reps in the qtr. finals.

ccmom
10-27-2014, 12:38 PM
For the Jackets to get the #1 seed we need Wylie to beat BS by 7 then beat Wylie by 8 or more.

3-4A tie breaker is point differential +/-17. If 3 way tie still exist then it is coin flip with odd man as #1 seed then the #2 and #3 seed will be head to head result.

The #2 seed will have the toughest road in region 1 from our district. They will catch Andrews in the 2nd round, Graham in the 3rd, and one of the other 3-4A reps in the qtr. finals.

Sure makes the next couple of weeks fun!!

Bullaholic
10-27-2014, 12:40 PM
I like Big Spring in a shootout, but Wylie if they are able to keep the ball and drive the field nearly every possession. Close game between two good teams.

slingshot
10-27-2014, 12:43 PM
I am already stoked for Friday night! What a classic matchup--the proverbial 'The Irresistable Force vs The Immovable Object'. Big Spring has one of if not the best 4A offenses in state--Wylie has a top 5 defense. They have a mediocre defense, we have a mediocre offense. My personal prediction is the BS O and the Wylie D pretty much cancel each other out--meaning we hold BS to 31-35 points. The game will be decided by how well our offense can move the ball and score on their defense. We are not a big passing offense--that helps the Steers D out some, their D line and LB's are pretty decent. We line up in the spread and pass just enough to keep the DB's and safeties honest then pound the ball up the middle and off tackle. If we can do that consistently we control the clock and limit Tannehill and Company--puts pressure on them to score every possession.
I'll predict Wylie 35-Big Spring 31 in a great game!

Smitty
10-27-2014, 12:55 PM
You forgot to mention the Steer starting noseguard and center getting hurt. With those two being healthy, the Steers pick up 75 more yards and another touchdown and get 2 more sacks and hold the run down by 40 yards....could have been and would have beens have no basis in reality. Maybe the Steers had a gameplan specifically for Stidham and didn't know how to react to the backup. ASSUMING that Stidham would have scored 10-14 more points is just fantasy at this point.

Isn't "With those two being healthy, the Steers pick up 75 more yards and another touchdown and get 2 more sacks and hold the run down by 40 yards" this just a fantasy at this point also?

Just sayin

db8coach
10-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Isn't "With those two being healthy, the Steers pick up 75 more yards and another touchdown and get 2 more sacks and hold the run down by 40 yards" this just a fantasy at this point also?

Just sayin

I was just pointing out his fantasy with a bit of hyperbole.

Inmateboss
10-27-2014, 01:31 PM
If AW defense plays well then AW will take this one by 14. Put tons of pressure on the BS QB and dont give him time to scan the field.We turned the ball over numerous times and was still able to score enough to keep it a ballgame until the end , so the BS defense is not a threat...that qb having time to think is.

Yeah what he said!! Wylie can do it just have to control the ball, you have home field and wylie like playing at home!! Take'em out !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

Inmateboss
10-27-2014, 01:43 PM
I am already stoked for Friday night! What a classic matchup--the proverbial 'The Irresistable Force vs The Immovable Object'. Big Spring has one of if not the best 4A offenses in state--Wylie has a top 5 defense. They have a mediocre defense, we have a mediocre offense. My personal prediction is the BS O and the Wylie D pretty much cancel each other out--meaning we hold BS to 31-35 points. The game will be decided by how well our offense can move the ball and score on their defense. We are not a big passing offense--that helps the Steers D out some, their D line and LB's are pretty decent. We line up in the spread and pass just enough to keep the DB's and safeties honest then pound the ball up the middle and off tackle. If we can do that consistently we control the clock and limit Tannehill and Company--puts pressure on them to score every possession.
I'll predict Wylie 35-Big Spring 31 in a great game!

Wylie will find your sore spot and pick at it like a scab!! BS has several sore spots, Wylie by 14 !

bearbear78
10-27-2014, 02:06 PM
If ive ever witnessed good luck in HS football its been the BS steers. Im gonna buy a lotto ticket on my next trip through there.yes I know the BS folks dont want to hear anything about luck but it is what it is guys. Fire away with anger if ya want but they have had some major breaks and bouts of good luck....but good luck isnt going to bring home any gold, so ya better get.to work on getting.a defense and in a hurry. Are they the SC team this year? No.....will they be? If the oilpatch hangs in there then id say yeah their gonna become a consistent force.

db8coach
10-27-2014, 02:31 PM
If ive ever witnessed good luck in HS football its been the BS steers. Im gonna buy a lotto ticket on my next trip through there.yes I know the BS folks dont want to hear anything about luck but it is what it is guys. Fire away with anger if ya want but they have had some major breaks and bouts of good luck....but good luck isnt going to bring home any gold, so ya better get.to work on getting.a defense and in a hurry. Are they the SC team this year? No.....will they be? If the oilpatch hangs in there then id say yeah their gonna become a consistent force.

The ball is oblong and it bounces funny....

bearbear78
10-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Offense and defense both playing a little above average equal trouble for BS.

Sville
10-27-2014, 02:52 PM
The Steers offense is far from a little above average BB. They are damn good on that side of the ball. I do think they can't afford to play Tannehill both ways like they did in the Sville game. He is to important to their success. They need to just plug someone into that safety spot and roll. I understand if they bring him in situational but he played nearly the entire 2nd half against us. I think you are just playing with fire if they keep doing that.

Question BS fans, who is the heir apparent to Tannehill? Is he on varsity this year at another position or will it be someone from the sub-varsity?

stardog
10-27-2014, 03:48 PM

Look at the UIL bracket - I believe the #1 seed W3 would face Graham W4 in the 3rd round.

ccmom
10-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Look at the UIL bracket - I believe the #1 seed W3 would face Graham W4 in the 3rd round.

That's how I read it, as well (the way you read it). Oh well...can't wait to see how it all plays out!!

Sville
10-27-2014, 05:19 PM

You are right about Graham. I had it right about the D3-2nd place team having to face Andrews in the 2nd rnd and tough comp from there on out. The D3-third place team will have an easier road the first 2 rounds than the D3 runner-up.

Deuce
10-27-2014, 06:32 PM
You are right about Graham. I had it right about the D3-2nd place team having to face Andrews in the 2nd rnd and tough comp from there on out. The D3-third place team will have an easier road the first 2 rounds than the D3 runner-up.

Going to be a tough road in region 1 this year. It will be a gauntlet!

ccmom
10-28-2014, 10:05 AM
We will be making the trip to Big Spring this evening for 7th grade game. I'm hoping we can have some good Mexican food somewhere. I know some of y'all suggestions the other day. I've been to Spanish Inn. Would like to try something else.

ccmom
10-28-2014, 10:07 AM
We will be making the trip to Big Spring this evening for 7th grade game. I'm hoping we can have some good Mexican food somewhere. I know some of y'all suggestions the other day. I've been to Spanish Inn. Would like to try something else.

Nevermind....I found the suggestions on the BS/Sville thread.

Sweetwater Red
10-28-2014, 10:27 AM
We will be making the trip to Big Spring this evening for 7th grade game.

Go Joe!

slingshot
10-28-2014, 12:51 PM
We will be making the trip to Big Spring this evening for 7th grade game. I'm hoping we can have some good Mexican food somewhere. I know some of y'all suggestions the other day. I've been to Spanish Inn. Would like to try something else.Carlos' or Casa Blanca... good stuff.

db8coach
10-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Across the street from Carlos is Alberto's. I prefer Alberto's to Carlos, but both are pretty good.

slingshot
10-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Try the Ranchero Steak at Carlos-- its a T-Bone with ranchero sauce, peppers and onions--very good...

bearbear78
10-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Pretty big fan of Albertos..love the macho plate, carlos is good but imo Albertos is better.

db8coach
10-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Love the Macho plate at Albertos.

ccmom
10-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Try the Ranchero Steak at Carlos-- its a T-Bone with ranchero sauce, peppers and onions--very good...

That sounds good!! If my husband doesn't get off work soon we may have to grab some fast food after the game. Nooooooo!!!

hollywood
10-28-2014, 04:10 PM
That sounds good!! If my husband doesn't get off work soon we may have to grab some fast food after the game. Nooooooo!!!

Is the BS Sonic still offering the 64% off??? Lol

db8coach
10-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Is the BS Sonic still offering the 64% off??? Lol

Just till close on game nights...

nobogey72
10-29-2014, 03:55 PM
:stirpot:Personally, I think Big Spring stinks. :ack!: It smells like a refinery and it's always windy and dust in the air. Everytime I go there I get a headache. :1popcorn: I'm not trying to start anything....... just sayin. :stirpot:

stardog
10-29-2014, 04:43 PM
:stirpot:Personally, I think Big Spring stinks. :ack!: It smells like a refinery and it's always windy and dust in the air. Everytime I go there I get a headache. :1popcorn: I'm not trying to start anything....... just sayin. :stirpot:

That's the smell of work and money - oil, gas, cattle, and farming & ranching !!!!!

slingshot
10-29-2014, 05:29 PM
:stirpot:Personally, I think Big Spring stinks. :ack!: It smells like a refinery and it's always windy and dust in the air. Everytime I go there I get a headache. :1popcorn: I'm not trying to start anything....... just sayin. :stirpot:As opposed to Abilene with just always windy and dust in the air... I guess we don't 'smell like money' :dispntd:

db8coach
10-29-2014, 10:57 PM

I think you have Big Spring confused with Amarillo.

hollywood
10-30-2014, 10:12 AM

LOL... you know what's funny is as we were traveling there last Friday the kiddos asked "What is that smell?!?!" as we were just outside of Big Spring. I said, it's the smell of money! They said, "Well, it must be rotten money!" LOL Innocent minds

nobogey72
10-30-2014, 10:46 AM
LOL... you know what's funny is as we were traveling there last Friday the kiddos asked "What is that smell?!?!" as we were just outside of Big Spring. I said, it's the smell of money! They said, "Well, it must be rotten money!" LOL Innocent minds

We've got a whole vault full of money here at the bank and it doesn't smell like that. BS needs to launder their $$.

Sville
10-30-2014, 11:43 AM

It is kinda like dairy chit. You get used to it!

hollywood
10-30-2014, 01:24 PM
It is kinda like dairy chit. You get used to it!

Exactly... but the smell of crude and dairy chit are on opposite spectrums these days... more crude being produced in West Texas than dairy chit in Erath county. :eek:

nobogey72
10-30-2014, 04:13 PM
:taunt:Yeah, and not only does Big Spring stink, It's UGLY too !!!!:taunt:

garciap77
10-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Honestly, I don't think that Big Spring has ever beaten Wylie. In my time here, I think the Steers are 0-8 against Wylie with the last two games in the series being the closest. So, this one worries me for the Steers.
Big Spring beat us the first time we played them at their house back in late 90s. The were 4A and had a very good team. I think Big Spring will take this one!:(

ccmom
10-31-2014, 10:25 AM
Big Spring beat us the first time we played them at their house back in late 90s. The were 4A and had a very good team. I think Big Spring will take this one!:(

Stick to taking pics!! :tongue::p

nobogey72
10-31-2014, 11:03 AM

Yep, it was 1999 and it was Caleb Ensor's first game to start at QB as a sophomore. They had some studs. As far as your prediction goes, I think you've been drinking too much Tequilla.

panfan
10-31-2014, 12:08 PM
AW is a good solid team, but I don't think they are up for the likes of BS this year. BS takes this one.

ccmom
10-31-2014, 12:22 PM
Looks like the weather is gonna be chilly...hooray!! Can't wait!

slingshot
10-31-2014, 12:26 PM
AW is a good solid team, but I don't think they are up for the likes of BS this year. BS takes this one.We'll find out in about 7 hrs... I think we slow them down enough to win by 7. They had their chance to beat us last year and didn't when they honestly had the better team--Dawgs roll tonight!

garciap77
10-31-2014, 12:37 PM
Stick to taking pics!! :tongue::p
OK! Boss!

hollywood
10-31-2014, 04:40 PM

Staying in the Ville tonight. I'll be tuning in for this game. Can't see this one being a 7 pt difference either way. Wylie by 7 in their house. :cheerl:

:1popcorn:

Phantom Stang
10-31-2014, 08:07 PM
Abilene Wylie 14
Big Spring 0
8:35 left in 1st half

Phantom Stang
10-31-2014, 08:10 PM
Abilene Wylie 21
Big Spring 0
8:14 left in 1st half

Phantom Stang
10-31-2014, 08:20 PM
Abilene Wylie 28
Big Spring 0
about 4 min left in 2nd qtr

Phantom Stang
10-31-2014, 08:40 PM
Abilene Wylie 35
Big Spring 0
Halftime

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 08:42 PM
Keep thumping the heck out of BS .....great job Abilene Wylie

Bosqueville
10-31-2014, 08:46 PM
Didn't see that coming

Sville
10-31-2014, 08:54 PM
Not surprised by the 35 Wylie put up but I am shocked by the shut out they are pitching.

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 08:55 PM
Didn't see that coming look back, I didnt predict it like this but reality is they beat Graham on a badddd night in which we were so out of rhythm and not there and ville lost one of the best qbs in the game....BS cant hang with teams playing good ball...they should get better in the next couple years unless the oilboom ends but not gonna be a SC threat this year. They pulled a close win on us but if we played them five times we would win 4.

jason
10-31-2014, 08:55 PM
wow

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 08:56 PM
How good would you say wylie is playing tonight? BS cant beat the consistent teams that are problem free on game night

Sweetwater Red
10-31-2014, 08:58 PM
Not surprised by the 35 Wylie put up but I am shocked by the shut out they are pitching.

This

slingshot
10-31-2014, 09:00 PM
look back, I didnt predict it like this but reality is they beat Graham on a badddd night in which we were so out of rhythm and not there and ville lost one of the best qbs in the game....BS cant hang with teams playing good ball...they should get better in the next couple years unless the oilboom ends but not gonna be a SC threat this year. They pulled a close win on us but if we played them five times we would win 4.Funny--that describes exactly how we played against Graham. Offense out of sync with 5 (if I remember right) turnovers. This team has really matured--D playing like they have all year, O really coming together...

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Funny--that describes exactly how we played against Graham. Offense out of sync with 5 (if I remember right) turnovers. This team has really matured--D playing like they have all year, O really coming together...

Yeah its funny alright...how you want that bird????

95mustang
10-31-2014, 09:04 PM

You will understand
once you see Wylie's D when they are kicking on all cylinders.

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 09:07 PM
Funny--that describes exactly how we played against Graham. Offense out of sync with 5 (if I remember right) turnovers. This team has really matured--D playing like they have all year, O really coming together...
My point exactly, BS has no D...we turned the ball over all night and you guys couldnt get comfortable and.it was a game until the end, but we werent allowed to call it an off night....AW is beating that arse , and you have an excuse all the sudden....welcome.to reality BS

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 09:09 PM
You will understand
once you see Wylie's D when they are kicking on all cylinders.
Wylie is tough...if we had not executed as well as we did we would have had the L when we met...no room for error against them. Was a heck of a defensive game

hollywood
10-31-2014, 09:27 PM
It's all about match ups! Just sayin

regaleagle
10-31-2014, 09:38 PM

From what I saw early on in the season with this Wylie bunch, it's no wonder they are kicking butt and taking no prisoners now. They had a slight glitch there to get their team hitting on all cylinders....but what a group of athletes w/size they have! And their best RB is out w/injury the last several weeks, to boot.

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 09:38 PM
HW youre too kind, you know very well BS was not playing a complete ville or graham..

hollywood
10-31-2014, 09:39 PM
From what I saw early on in the season with this Wylie bunch, it's no wonder they are kicking butt and taking no prisoners now. They had a slight glitch there to get their team hitting on all cylinders....but what a group of athletes w/size they have! And their best RB is out w/injury the last several weeks, to boot.

And lost to Graham 18-7

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 09:39 PM
No joke....bunch of big ole boys at AW

Phantom Stang
10-31-2014, 09:40 PM
Abilene Wylie 49
Big Spring 0
End of 3rd qtr

BwdLion73
10-31-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm not feeling as bad about our butt kicking we got. Good job Wylie.:)

Sweetwater Red
10-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Gotta wonder what the Stephenville fans are thinking right about now. :thinking:

vtskneb
10-31-2014, 09:49 PM
Abilene Wylie 49
Big Spring 0
End of 3rd qtr

Wylie is putting the entire state on notice! You have been warned by the Bulldogs. So does this make next week the de facto district championship? I can't imagine BS has any type of tie breaker in their favor should Stephenville find a way to win. I wonder if Wylie could still be the 1 seed even if they lost? Anyways congrats on what is a great team effort from Wylie.

BwdLion73
10-31-2014, 09:53 PM
Wylie is putting the entire state on notice! You have been warned by the Bulldogs. So does this make next week the de facto district championship? I can't imagine BS has any type of tie breaker in their favor should Stephenville find a way to win. I wonder if Wylie could still be the 1 seed even if they lost? Anyways congrats on what is a great team effort from Wylie.

Stephenville beats wylie, Bwd beats Big Spring...:thinking:

Phantom Stang
10-31-2014, 09:56 PM
Abilene Wylie 49
Big Spring 6
4th qtr

vtskneb
10-31-2014, 09:59 PM
Stephenville beats wylie, Bwd beats Big Spring...:thinking:

Someone more in touch with the district can probably answer this more in depth but that would give Stephenville and Wylie the same record and would give SHS the district. If BS beats Brownwood then there is a 3 way tie. I didn't realize BS still had a game next week. If there is a 3 way tie I am guessing it comes down to point differential. After saying all that Wylie will be quite the task next week for the Jackets.

2muchOffense
10-31-2014, 10:01 PM
Coming from the Ville point of view all we can do is hope Big Spring was still celebrating their win over the Jackets. However I don't expect anything other than a great team out if the Bulldogs because that's what Wylie does just about every year. Who knows, maybe they are getting it together at the right time. Whatever the case, if you beat Big Spring and the Ville right before the playoffs than you have to feel good about your chances. The Ville will not lay down, but it's time to find out what we are made of. Forget the loss of Stidham because that's done. Gotta just play football and see what happens. Nothing is given, and that goes for both teams.

Sville
10-31-2014, 10:01 PM
The tie breaker is point differential of + or - 17. BS beat Sville by 7. Sville is currently -7 and BS was +7 heading into this game. Wylie will be +17 no matter the final score and BS will be -10. Sville could theoretically still get the #1 seed, but would have to beat Wylie by 12 or more. That would put both at +5 with Sville having the head to head.

vtskneb
10-31-2014, 10:04 PM
The tie breaker is point differential of + or - 17. BS beat Sville by 7. Sville is currently -7 and BS was +7 heading into this game. Wylie will be +17 no matter the final score and BS will be -10. Sville could theoretically still get the #1 seed, but would have to beat Wylie by 12 or more. That would put both at +5 with Sville having the head to head.

Thanks! It's all irrelevant if you don't come in ready to throw down because Wylie looks legit based on my score watching!

Sville
10-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Thanks! It's all irrelevant if you don't come in ready to throw down because Wylie looks legit based on my score watching!

No doubt, they are peaking at the right time.

regaleagle
10-31-2014, 10:09 PM
I can tell you that Wylie will give the Jackets all they want and more....end of story, just my personal opinion.

BwdLion73
10-31-2014, 10:10 PM

I'm impressed. you should have your own site...;)

hollywood
10-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Calling it now. Wylie by 21. Unless we've made some defensive adjustments. No secret there my friends. VILLE better have made some changes or we in serious trouble. That thumping of Big Spring is an eye opener.

Sville
10-31-2014, 10:14 PM
Just to add there is no way BS can get the DC now. So the Sville-Wylie game will be the DC. The Jackets will finish either 3rd or 1st in district, and Wylie will finish 1st or 2nd.

bearbear78
10-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Calling it now. Wylie by 21. Unless we've made some defensive adjustments. No secret there my friends. VILLE better have made some changes or we in serious trouble. That thumping of Big Spring is an eye opener.

I did read somewhere ville had some surprises in store on D, have faith HW

ccmom
10-31-2014, 10:30 PM
I did read somewhere ville had some surprises in store on D, have faith HW

Speaking of defense...how bout that Wylie D?!?!?! Wow!! Dawgs are on a mission!!

Safe travels home to all the BS fans and students.

bobcat1
10-31-2014, 10:35 PM
Dang! I'll say. Last week looked like a basketball score. This week one team brought the defense. I mean really did the defense bus break down last week or what Stephanieville? Good win Whylie!

I heard even BYE scored on Stephanieville defense :kiss: tonight.

ccmom
10-31-2014, 10:55 PM
Just to add there is no way BS can get the DC now. So the Sville-Wylie game will be the DC. The Jackets will finish either 3rd or 1st in district, and Wylie will finish 1st or 2nd.

Cody, did you come to the game?

hollywood
10-31-2014, 10:55 PM
Dang! I'll say. Last week looked like a basketball score. This week one team brought the defense. I mean really did the defense bus break down last week or what Stephanieville? Good win Whylie!

Leave your hooks in Sanger bobcat1.... No lines to throw 'round here bub!

Sville
10-31-2014, 10:57 PM
Cody, did you come to the game?

No I ended up having to work tonight until 7p.

slingshot
10-31-2014, 10:57 PM
Yeah its funny alright...how you want that bird????Bird? Not sure if you mis-quoted or what? I'm a Wylie fan--not Big Spring. I was simply stating what everyone else knows:
Wylie played their absolute worst game of the year against Graham--Offense was totally out of sync and had 5 turnovers, Defense played well--pretty similiar to how ya'll played against Big Spring, it happens sometimes when a bunch of 15-18 y/o's play the game Our defense has played very well all year, could be one of the best in the state, I don't know... Our offense is finally coming together at the right time after sputtering all year, they have had periods of playing well usually followed by ineptitude. Tonight was the most complete game and sharpest performance of the year. That all being said it could all be for naught next week against a very strong Stephenville passing game. We play very well against the run, have not played a passing offense the caliber of Stephenville's. The Jackets make me think of a wounded tiger or lion--still VERY dangerous...

bobcat1
10-31-2014, 10:59 PM
Leave your hooks in Sanger bobcat1.... No lines to throw 'round here bub!http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/lmao.gif

ccmom
10-31-2014, 11:18 PM

Like I said, stick to the pictures, my friend!! Hope you got some great ones tonight!!

hollywood
10-31-2014, 11:25 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/lmao.gif

;) :kiss:

garciap77
10-31-2014, 11:38 PM

I heard even BYE scored on Stephanieville defense :kiss: tonight.http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715515.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715515.jpg.html)

Deuce
10-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Congrats to Wylie on a solid win! I didn't see this coming. Have to admit that I thought BS would win in a close one. Region 1 playoffs are going to be awesome!!

garciap77
10-31-2014, 11:41 PM
Speaking of defense...how bout that Wylie D?!?!?! Wow!! Dawgs are on a mission!!

Safe travels home to all the BS fans and students.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715516.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715516.jpg.html)

ccmom
10-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Wonder who the ONE person was that voted "Wylie big"? It wasn't me...I voted "Wylie in a close one". We know it wasn't garcia. ;).

slingshot
10-31-2014, 11:48 PM
Wonder who the ONE person was that voted "Wylie big"? It wasn't me...I voted "Wylie in a close one". We know it wasn't garcia. ;).Wasn't me--I picked us in a close one too...

2muchOffense
11-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Time to stir the pot......every time we have played Wylie since I have been in Stephenville, they have been big. However, I have been here since 2006 and i have never seen Wylie beat the Ville. That really doesn't mean much today, but I refuse to believe they will come in here and blow us out like they did Big Spring. I don't care about any stats or other common opponents, both teams will have to bring it. This will sound crazy but during the warmups in the 2012 game, I thought Wylie looked like the better team. However the Ville attack was too much. So when people tell me they are big and athletic, well they always are. This is no surprise to me. The million dollar question is can Wylie's defense stop our offense. Maybe they can, but don't count us out yet. If the Jackets haven't gotten better on defense than we lose, no arguing that. But the Jackets have owned Wylie via the passing game in the past, so if the pass defense is an issue for the bulldogs, than we will make it a game. The Jackets don't run around and throw the ball up hoping for a big play. They can be machine like in their attack. I guess we will see in a few days.

BwdLion73
11-01-2014, 12:15 AM

Bazinga!

Inmateboss
11-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Wonder who the ONE person was that voted "Wylie big"? It wasn't me...I voted "Wylie in a close one". We know it wasn't garcia. ;).

So how did yall do tonight?? Haven't got to check the scores but twice, yall pull it out in a close one??

ccmom
11-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Time to stir the pot......every time we have played Wylie since I have been in Stephenville, they have been big. However, I have been here since 2006 and i have never seen Wylie beat the Ville. That really doesn't mean much today, but I refuse to believe they will come in here and blow us out like they did Big Spring. I don't care about any stats or other common opponents, both teams will have to bring it. This will sound crazy but during the warmups in the 2012 game, I thought Wylie looked like the better team. However the Ville attack was too much. So when people tell me they are big and athletic, well they always are. This is no surprise to me. The million dollar question is can Wylie's defense stop our offense. Maybe they can, but don't count us out yet. If the Jackets haven't gotten better on defense than we lose, no arguing that. But the Jackets have owned Wylie via the passing game in the past, so if the pass defense is an issue for the bulldogs, than we will make it a game. The Jackets don't run around and throw the ball up hoping for a big play. They can be machine like in their attack. I guess we will see in a few days.

Yep...this time next week, we will know.

I only recall 3 meetings between these two teams. 2010 and 2011 in non district when Sville was still 4A and 2012 in the playoffs, of course. Of course, somebody OLD like nobogey72 might remember more meetings between the two. ;) Anyway, Sville has had Wylie's number...you are right about that. In the playoff game in 2012 that you referenced, the first half was a back and forth war. Then came the second half where Sville flat wore us down and blew us out. That 2012 Sville offense was something special to see.

As far as Wylie's size...to say we pass the eye test this year is an understatement. I don't remember a team with this much overall size. But again...the old folks on here might remember further back than I do. ;)

Beating Sville in Sville will be a tall order without question. I think we definitely have momentum in our favor, but on the flip side of that, Sville coming off an open week could play in their favor. Chavarria is clearly more than capable of leading that high powered offense. Wow...impressive performance for him against BS for sure. Nobody will be taking this one lightly....regardless of results between common opponents.

I believe we definitely have a huge advantage in the defensive department. This defense has been stellar all season and now that the offense has been executing better over the last several weeks, the Bulldogs are damgerous.

I'm not ready to make a prediction. Probably won't be ready to do so at game time either. I'm just so flipping proud of this team tonight and wanna say "wooo freaking hoo" one more time!! Woo freaking hoo!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2014, 01:16 AM

It was me..been saying it all week

ccmom
11-01-2014, 01:31 AM
It was me..been saying it all week

Were you washing down your crow with vodka when you typed that!! :rolleyes:

ccmom
11-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Just a few stats from the game and I'll hush...for now ;)

Wyl BS

First downs 19 9

Rushes-Yards 40-320 26-143

Passing 135 26

Comp-Att-Int 9-14-1 3-15-1

Punts 2-28 6-30.1

Fumbles-Lost 0-0 1-0

Penalties-Yards 11-70 4-37

And one more Woo Freaking Hoo!!

D'Highlander
11-01-2014, 05:37 AM
BS had 26 passing yards?

D'Highlander
11-01-2014, 05:45 AM

Now that is a Bazinga...

But really its not a fair statement because you see... Stephenville doesn't practice defense... its just not something they do over there... When you ask someone from Stephenville, "Who starts on their Defense?" The look confused and ask. "Do you mean our second string Offense?"

:stirpot:

wyliefan
11-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Just some observations from last nights game. It seemed every snap Tannehill was catching the ball at his feet and having to take his eyes off of the defense. You take away his 20+ yard run as time expired before the half and the scoring drive against the second/third team and BS has less than 100 yards of total offense. Wylie's offense still needs to get better, I counted 7 false start/procedure penalties through 3 quarters. I also think that the QB needs to throw the ball quicker instead of waiting, there were several times last night that the receiver was wide open and he waited a few seconds before throwing and it gave the defense time to recover. (This has been a problem all year). In addition Wylie I belive still has 3 or 4 starters out that should be able to return in the next few weeks.

Should be a great game next week between Wylie and Stephenville.

2muchOffense
11-01-2014, 08:47 AM
If Wylie beats the Ville on Friday, I think they will roll in the playoffs. This could be the type of game that pushes them over the top. I don't take anything away from Graham and their pre district schedule, but they haven't played anybody tough since district started. Last year our district was weak and honestly the region was down so when we met Kilgore we weren't ready. Wylie has had a tough pre district and district. They are battle ready and apparently very talented. However if the Ville pulls this one out, the regional waters become very murky. If Wylie wins, I expect them to be the regional representative. That momentum train will be tough to derail.

slingshot
11-01-2014, 09:13 AM
If Wylie beats the Ville on Friday, I think they will roll in the playoffs. This could be the type of game that pushes them over the top. I don't take anything away from Graham and their pre district schedule, but they haven't played anybody tough since district started. Last year our district was weak and honestly the region was down so when we met Kilgore we weren't ready. Wylie has had a tough pre district and district. They are battle ready and apparently very talented. However if the Ville pulls this one out, the regional waters become very murky. If Wylie wins, I expect them to be the regional representative. That momentum train will be tough to derail.This... Friday should be a great one. I know the Jackets will be ready, just hope we don't have an emotional letdown after last night.

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Man, I haven't seen Wylie posters this excited since they beat Decatur the second time around back in
2004. I just can't seem to remember what the the Bulldogs went on to do from there that year. :devil:

Inmateboss
11-01-2014, 09:37 AM
This... Friday should be a great one. I know the Jackets will be ready, just hope we don't have an emotional letdown after last night.

This will be a great game, I'd go but don't have a purple shirt to wear!!

ccmom
11-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Man, I haven't seen Wylie posters this excited since they beat Decatur the second time around back in
2004. I just can't seem to remember what the the Bulldogs went on to do from there that year. :devil:

Teacher, teacher...pick me! Pick me!! I know!! :)

Don't think anybody is ready to "go there" yet, but yes, last night was pretty darn fun!! Looking forward to next week. This new district is certainly not lacking for drama!!

ccmom
11-01-2014, 09:55 AM

I know a guy who knows a guy at Whataburger in Early who sells purple shirts cheap!!

garciap77
11-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Congrats to Wylie on a solid win! I didn't see this coming. Have to admit that I thought BS would win in a close one. Region 1 playoffs are going to be awesome!!

I really thought BS would win this one in a close one, but I'm glad I was wrong. I'll just listen to my BOSS; and just stick with taking pictures!:)

Sville
11-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Wylie and Sville have only played 3 times with Sville winning all 3. The Bulldogs will be favored I say somewhere between 14-21 points and deservedly so. They have shown they are a legit contender.

The Jackets under Coach Gillespie are 9-0 coming off a bye week with an average margin of victory of 35. I am not saying Sville is going to win like that but history has shown they play very well coming off a bye under this regime. It is also at our house and senior night. It will make for an intense atmosphere in the season finale.

On a side note the Brownwood-Big Spring game now has huge playoff implications for seeding as well. If the Lions pull the upset and Wylie takes care of Sville then the last 3 would all be 2-2 in district with the point differential coming into play again.

garciap77
11-01-2014, 11:35 AM

I got you covered on that! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/app-m-t0016-Team-Purple-600x600.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/app-m-t0016-Team-Purple-600x600.jpg.html)

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Were you washing down your crow with vodka when you typed that!! :rolleyes:

What do you mean? I said Wylie would roll

ccmom
11-01-2014, 12:31 PM
What do you mean? I said Wylie would roll

I'm sure you were saying that...starting about midway through the second quarter. ;)

Inmateboss
11-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I got you covered on that! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/app-m-t0016-Team-Purple-600x600.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/app-m-t0016-Team-Purple-600x600.jpg.html)

I figured you or CCMom could hook a feller up!!

Inmateboss
11-01-2014, 01:03 PM
I know a guy who knows a guy at Whataburger in Early who sells purple shirts cheap!!

Do I have to just hang out around back again??

stardog
11-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Now that is a Bazinga...

But really its not a fair statement because you see... Stephenville doesn't practice defense... its just not something they do over there... When you ask someone from Stephenville, "Who starts on their Defense?" The look confused and ask. "Do you mean our second string Offense?"

:stirpot:
you better get some defense - most of the time Defense wins Championships !!!!!! Your proof of this !!! Why don't you not put a defense on the field and let other team just score then you would need to score every time you have the ball and hope you have it last and go for 2

stardog
11-01-2014, 04:33 PM
If Wylie beats the Ville on Friday, I think they will roll in the playoffs. This could be the type of game that pushes them over the top. I don't take anything away from Graham and their pre district schedule, but they haven't played anybody tough since district started. Last year our district was weak and honestly the region was down so when we met Kilgore we weren't ready. Wylie has had a tough pre district and district. They are battle ready and apparently very talented. However if the Ville pulls this one out, the regional waters become very murky. If Wylie wins, I expect them to be the regional representative. That momentum train will be tough to derail.

That a new excuse from the village people. Now we go back to last year and say the whole region was weak and didn't help the village prepare (get your own defense would help).

stardog
11-01-2014, 04:44 PM

And a guy told the guy at the whatabuger in Early that he saw another guy throw those shirts in the dumpster.

vtskneb
11-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Wylie and Sville have only played 3 times with Sville winning all 3. The Bulldogs will be favored I say somewhere between 14-21 points and deservedly so. They have shown they are a legit contender.

The Jackets under Coach Gillespie are 9-0 coming off a bye week with an average margin of victory of 35. I am not saying Sville is going to win like that but history has shown they play very well coming off a bye under this regime. It is also at our house and senior night. It will make for an intense atmosphere in the season finale.

On a side note the Brownwood-Big Spring game now has huge playoff implications for seeding as well. If the Lions pull the upset and Wylie takes care of Sville then the last 3 would all be 2-2 in district with the point differential coming into play again.

SHS is +10
BS is +7
BW is -17

Stephenville remains at +10. The best Brownwood could get to is 0 and that would make BS -10. Stephenville would be the 2 seed if the games finish that way and BW/BS would be 3rd and 4th respectively. That basically means that if Stephenville loses and Brownwood wins regardless of the score the Jackets are the 2 seed. If Brownwood wins by anything less than 11 they are the 4 seed.

Jacket97
11-02-2014, 06:39 PM

I think it will be a better game than what your calling for. BS's offense played right into what AW is best on Defense. And BS's defense is not good; not saying S'ville defense has played any better; but I believe we put points on the board just as we have all season. I don't see that changing against AW because our offense is better than BS offense. Common opponents just doesn't help make sense in this case....bc it is all about matchups. S'ville matches up with AW better than the BS team did. Against S'ville at home for the DC is a tough match up for even the best opponents. I call a 13+ point victory for the Jackets. I may be wrong...but it will be fun to watch!

hollywood
11-02-2014, 06:52 PM
I think it will be a better game than what your calling for. BS's offense played right into what AW is best on Defense. And BS's defense is not good; not saying S'ville defense has played any better; but I believe we put points on the board just as we have all season. I don't see that changing against AW because our offense is better than BS offense. Common opponents just doesn't help make sense in this case....bc it is all about matchups. S'ville matches up with AW better than the BS team did. Against S'ville at home for the DC is a tough match up for even the best opponents. I call a 13+ point victory for the Jackets. I may be wrong...but it will be fun to watch!

I've had a chance to think about it more. I agree... I like the match up. I think AW will give SV a challenge similar to what we saw against Everman. I like our chances and especially playing at home coming off of a bye week.

Smitty
11-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I've had a chance to think about it more. I agree... I like the match up. I think AW will give SV a challenge similar to what we saw against Everman. I like our chances and especially playing at home coming off of a bye week.

Jackets will HAVE to come up with a quick count offense and be able to beat the AW blitz! That's how they dismantled BS with the BLITZ. Tannehill had no time to make reads, he had Wylie linebackers all over him. If we can get a few quick hit long gains it may slow down the rush and then the Jackets can go to work.

slingshot
11-02-2014, 08:41 PM
This ought to be a classic... Top 2 or 3 4A offense vs Top 2 or 3 4A defense--the kind of game we all look forward to all year. Jackets will be ready, we have no doubt. Last game for the seniors, open week to study film and prepare for Wylie, home field advantage, have never lost to us... doesn't matter--Bulldogs roll the Jackets by 14+. Your offense is going to have nightmares for weeks about #89 DE Baker--6'5", 260 and DI bound... you'll have to double him and maybe even chip him with a RB to slow him down. When you do that #88 Gilliam 6'4", 220 on the other side will eat you alive. If you come up with a scheme to stop both of them then you leave #81 Baylor-bound MLB Johnston 6'2", 215 to clean it up. Jackets will not score 54 this week. Also think our offense is really finally coming together--just don't see your defense stopping our ball control run game with just enough passing to keep your safeties honest.

Wylie 38--Ville 24. You heard it here first!

ccmom
11-02-2014, 08:53 PM
I started a thread for the Wylie/Ville game just now. I'm sure someone will sticky it later.

Heffelfinger
11-02-2014, 10:58 PM

That makes sense. You can't compare scores. This will be one heckuva game.