orange machine
10-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Is really bad!

Deuce
10-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Swoopes is really bad!

1st and goal
10-25-2014, 01:38 PM
go to college thread area (it needs some talking heads).

Deuce
10-25-2014, 01:39 PM

Ok downlow police

orange machine
10-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Swoopes is really bad!

I guess I should have said Texas offense is bad that would be more like it. It will be interesting to see the difference in a few years between Strongs players and Macks players.

1st and goal
10-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Ok downlow police
sorry for coming off so snarky...

its just this site could use some warm bodies on the college forum.

Please, put your 2 cents in over on the college forum.

Thanking you all in advance. :)

Deuce
10-25-2014, 01:53 PM
sorry for coming off so snarky...

its just this site could use some warm bodies on the college forum.

Please, put your 2 cents in over on the college forum.

Thanking you all in advance. :)

No problem. Most of the time I forget it's there.

Celina8
10-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Is really bad!

Orange machine , i did notice that Raulerson was replaced at Center prior to the Sooner game. He just does not have the size to match up againts the bigger defensive linemen. I am down in Austin quite a bit and even though they have him listed as 6'5" 285 lbs many say he is more like 270 lbs. No doubts his effort or his heart, but many are not sure he can get to the weight of 315lbs they need him to be and still have the quick agility that he displayed in high school.

orange machine
10-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Orange machine , i did notice that Raulerson was replaced at Center prior to the Sooner game. He just does not have the size to match up againts the bigger defensive linemen. I am down in Austin quite a bit and even though they have him listed as 6'5" 285 lbs many say he is more like 270 lbs. No doubts his effort or his heart, but many are not sure he can get to the weight of 315lbs they need him to be and still have the quick agility that he displayed in high school.

Yea I hate it for him, he is a great kid, but he is still very young and has time to put the weight on. Unfortunately I think he will have to put most of it on this off season because the longer it takes the more likely hood other bigger players at that position get recruited. If he can get to 300 lbs this coming off season he should be fine, but he will have to live in the weight room and eat hamburgers in between reps while drinking protein shakes.

Rabid Cougar
10-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Yea I hate it for him, he is a great kid, but he is still very young and has time to put the weight on. Unfortunately I think he will have to put most of it on this off season because the longer it takes the more likely hood other bigger players at that position get recruited. If he can get to 300 lbs this coming off season he should be fine, but he will have to live in the weight room and eat hamburgers in between reps while drinking protein shakes.

Do you want him to be fat or athletic? If he puts on 30 lbs in offseason it will be fat.

ogg
10-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Totally agree about the o-line

hollywood
10-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Do you want him to be fat or athletic? If he puts on 30 lbs in offseason it will be fat.

I agree Rabid! There's a huge difference.

orange machine
10-26-2014, 02:21 PM

I was being sarcastic, in other words he needs more weight!

orange machine
10-26-2014, 02:25 PM
I actually think Jake would be better off at tackle.

gatordaze
10-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Jake weighs 285. If he looks like he weighs 270 that is a good thing as he is still fairly lean and the fastest lineman. Jake was always a developmental player that can play many positions. His plan is to add 5-7 lbs per year which will put him at 300 his rs jr year and 300-310 his rs sr year.
He is exactly where he was expected to be.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 06:39 AM
Jake is a great kid from a great family, he will help this team down the road. Hookem

Celina8
10-27-2014, 08:20 AM
I agree with the above statement and if the Longhorns are to be successful as any team it always starts with the offensive line.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 08:42 AM
I know the OL has struggled this year however I am not seeing our RB's break many tackles, it seems our RB's are struggling as well and yes I know it starts with the OL but there have been times when we should have done better at seeing the holes and running harder. Just a combination of poor execution across the board, just hard to watch.

BwdLions
10-27-2014, 01:54 PM

I thought this was the "college thread area."