PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys best team in league?

full circle
10-24-2014, 12:07 PM
After watching Denver vs. San Diego was very impressed with both offenses, both qb's are great, edge of course to Denver. However, both are finesse offenses, and I think Dallas style of offense(definitely not finesse) will win out over either of these teams. An absolute beast in the backfield steamrolling defenses behind the best line in football, qb playing lights out and weapons across the board, best kicker in the game, are the boys the best in the league right now?

Macarthur
10-24-2014, 12:34 PM
I don't think Dallas could beat Denver in Denver. I think they would have a shot on a neutral field.

I think Dallas is better than SD.
I think Philly is slightly better than Dallas right now because I think their defense is better.
I think Seattle will still be in the mix and they are going to be tough to beat in the playoffs, esp up there.
I think Dallas is a bit better than SF right now.
I think GB is slightly better than Dallas right now.
I think Det is very good, too.

I'm not too concerned with the AFC.

So right now, I think Dallas would logically be anywhere from 2-5. I think you could make an argument for about 4 NFC teams to be #1.

coach
10-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Denver is the best team in the league right now and its not even close.

Macarthur
10-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Denver is the best team in the league right now and its not even close.

They def are in Denver.

GrTigers6
10-24-2014, 12:38 PM
The Eagles offense is very suspect. how many games did they go without an offensive TD. if it was for special teams they could be 3-3

Macarthur
10-24-2014, 12:39 PM
The Eagles offense is very suspect. how many games did they go without an offensive TD. if it was for special teams they could be 3-3

I understand. I just think they are a really dangerous team. And keep in mind, they have like 3 OL out and should be getting those guys back soon. The Eagles game is going to be a dog fight.

GUNHO
10-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Well those that said the boys were another 8-8 team might want to rethink that.They would have to lose eight of their nine games left.Yeah they are playing good ball right now but if Murry goes down we will be back to one deminsional ball again.But hey,I'm liking the ride right now.

cougartino
10-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Strange thing is, Dallas could have a better record than any of the winners of the NFC north, south, and west, but if they don't win the east, will be the 5th seed and have to go on the road. Time for the NFL to do like the NBA and seed by record. What say ye?

Macarthur
10-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Strange thing is, Dallas could have a better record than any of the winners of the NFC north, south, and west, but if they don't win the east, will be the 5th seed and have to go on the road. Time for the NFL to do like the NBA and seed by record. What say ye?

I'm not sure I'm in favor of that. I think if you win your division, you deserve to have a home playoff game. Divisions being up or down is cyclical.

GrTigers6
10-24-2014, 02:36 PM
I understand. I just think they are a really dangerous team. And keep in mind, they have like 3 OL out and should be getting those guys back soon. The Eagles game is going to be a dog fight.
I agree, It always is no matter the talent level. I believe the Cowboys are the better team but anything can happen. That's what scares me about Monday night

GrTigers6
10-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Well those that said the boys were another 8-8 team might want to rethink that.They would have to lose eight of their nine games left.Yeah they are playing good ball right now but if Murry goes down we will be back to one deminsional ball again.But hey,I'm liking the ride right now.Actually it wouls be 7 of their last 9:D
But as far as the running game without murray I think the other two could do well enough to make them keep running

bag-o-chips
10-24-2014, 03:09 PM
I saw somewhere they have played the second weakest schedule so far this year.

SF. 4-3
Titans 2-5
Rams 2-4
Saints 2-4
Texans 3-4
Seattle 3-3
Giants 3-4

I would not size the rings just yet!!!

Saggy Aggie
10-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Well they did beat the defending champs in Seattle...

GrTigers6
10-24-2014, 03:32 PM

SF. 4-3
Titans 2-5
Rams 2-4
Saints 2-4
Texans 3-4
Seattle 3-3
Giants 3-4

I would not size the rings just yet!!!Thats because after you lose to the Cowboys your season just goes down hill. All of those teams other than the rams, and saints were at 500 or better when they played them. And Im not positive on this but I believe that every team the cowboys have beat this year, lost the very next game following. Somebody with more time on their hands can look that up lol
SO I guess when you lose to the cowboys they just beat you down:2thumbsup

region4fan
10-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Denver is right now.

Farmersfan
10-24-2014, 03:52 PM

SF. 4-3
Titans 2-5
Rams 2-4
Saints 2-4
Texans 3-4
Seattle 3-3
Giants 3-4

I would not size the rings just yet!!!

The Dallas Cowboys are ranked # 18 in the NFL in Strength of Schedule for the 2014 season when compared to opponents winning percentage last year. Right now their opponents have a winning percentage of .437 through 7 games which would place Dallas second from the bottom when comparing them to the 2014 SOS rankings. But here is the reality of the situation. Dallas won 6 of those games from their opponents. If Dallas were 1-6 right now their opponents would have a .562 winning percentage and would be #3 in the NFL right now. So Dallas hurts their SOS ranking by beating these teams.......And without the losses to Dallas every one of their opponents except the Titans would be .500 or better.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/115715/2014-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Saggy Aggie
10-24-2014, 04:24 PM
For once I agree with FF.... Someone else who understands the concept of SOS....