PDA

View Full Version : Argyle(7-0) @ Dallas Carter(2-6)

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Dallas Carter got a district win last week against Dallas Pinkston after falling the week before to Sanger in District 6-4A DI. They have had some close losses this season on a very competitive schedule played in predistrict, so the Argyle Eagles will need to not have a letdown game at their house this Friday night. In other words, you can't just look at the records and assume this game will be a "walk in the park" for the Eagles. Carter does have some size and athletes, and will be ready to give great effort against the defending State Champ Eagles for a big upset win tonight at home in front of their fans. Every game stands on its own individually in matchups and what occurs during play on the field to determine the outcome of that particular game. That's why the game is played and why its so difficult for any team to have an undefeated season. The Carter Cowboys are not without talented athletes and have a very storied history of winning in Texas high school football. I believe Argyle will come in prepared for this game as always, but you just never know what can happen in the course of events as they unfold in a football game, esp. when the other team has nothing to lose and everything to gain with a big upset win.:ack!: I just hope the Eagles will go in and jump on the scoreboard early, get the lead, and play tough. If they play with few penalties and take care of the football, the Eagles should leave with a win. GO EAGLES!!!

bleedgreen
10-24-2014, 10:54 AM
This game is like Kennedale vs Castleberry. I'll will forego this game and go to Aledo vs Burleson down the road from Kennedale. I haven't seen Aledo this year so here's my chance. I will attend the Alvarado game though. I would like to see toddg's comments.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 10:58 AM
I don't think I would compare Castleberry with Dallas Carter at all. Carter will most probably be in the playoffs and may well be one of those teams that needs the full season this year before their team finally gels. They don't have the history of a Castleberry either. I would suspect a game between Carter and Castleberry would be a Carter win.

toddg
10-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I don't think I would compare Castleberry with Dallas Carter at all. Carter will most probably be in the playoffs and may well be one of those teams that needs the full season this year before their team finally gels. They don't have the history of a Castleberry either. I would suspect a game between Carter and Castleberry would be a Carter win.
all of carter's good athletes go to DeSoto/Duncanville/ or Cedar Hill..they havent been a significant force in football outside of DISD in over 20 years

garageoffice
10-24-2014, 11:27 AM
I have to say that I was a bit surprised with the Kennedale - Carter game. I wasn't trying to underestimate Kennedale, but Carter definitely had athletes with size and speed and a storied history. Kennedale just flat whooped them...in every area of the game, and by the second half the Carter coaches were doing everything in their power to just keep their kids playing.

If they ever start playing consistently they could be a good team.

toddg
10-24-2014, 11:29 AM
This game is like Kennedale vs Castleberry. I'll will forego this game and go to Aledo vs Burleson down the road from Kennedale. I haven't seen Aledo this year so here's my chance. I will attend the Alvarado game though. I would like to see toddg's comments.
by the time Alvarado and Kennedale kids are seniors, they have played against each other for 10 years..to say anything could happen,,is an understatement!
but the Wildcats do look strong this year!

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 11:31 AM
all of carter's good athletes go to DeSoto/Duncanville/ or Cedar Hill..they havent been a significant force in football outside of DISD in over 20 years

I believe they made the playoffs many times in the old 4A, including last season. They have been a small 4A with enrollment levels down but playing in a classification that they have not been equal to for quite some time. What you have stated about their athletes going elsewhere is true, but with an enrollment of 994 this year they still have SOME athletes with size and talent to draw from. Carter should be much more suited to this new alignment for the coming years in the Dallas area. That will help them to become more competitive and keep the younger players upcoming within the program. The middle schools of Dallas is the problem. They are not attached to a particular high school per se.....like a regular small to medium sized town has. That allows the athletes to choose between several high schools if they just move when the youngsters become jr. high age and are athletic. So there is no continuity of a "program" in place for these types of inner-city schools. I think some schools in the Houston inner-city experience the same dilemma. That's why I stated it takes almost a full season for a Dallas Carter-type team to gel as a team, as compared to most other schools that have a program with continuity in place. The athletes are still the ones on the field playing the game....and it may take them longer to come together as a team with the talent that is there.

bobcat1
10-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Poor poor Dallas Carter.

toddg
10-24-2014, 02:26 PM
I believe they made the playoffs many times in the old 4A, including last season. They have been a small 4A with enrollment levels down but playing in a classification that they have not been equal to for quite some time. What you have stated about their athletes going elsewhere is true, but with an enrollment of 994 this year they still have SOME athletes with size and talent to draw from. Carter should be much more suited to this new alignment for the coming years in the Dallas area. That will help them to become more competitive and keep the younger players upcoming within the program. The middle schools of Dallas is the problem. They are not attached to a particular high school per se.....like a regular small to medium sized town has. That allows the athletes to choose between several high schools if they just move when the youngsters become jr. high age and are athletic. So there is no continuity of a "program" in place for these types of inner-city schools. I think some schools in the Houston inner-city experience the same dilemma. That's why I stated it takes almost a full season for a Dallas Carter-type team to gel as a team, as compared to most other schools that have a program with continuity in place. The athletes are still the ones on the field playing the game....and it may take them longer to come together as a team with the talent that is there.
Skyline, being a magnet school, takes athletes as well!!

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Getting close to the 7:30 kickoff at Dallas Kincaide Stadium tonite. Looks like the weather will be ideal for this game tonite. Argyle will recieve the kick as we get under way in the game tonite. Argyle's offense has really blossomed since the start of this season, so I look for the Eagles to put up quite a few points tonite. Carter has some athletic kids, also. McCook takes the kick at the 15 and runs it back to the Carter 48 before being dropped.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:32 PM
Carter Cowboys has some very large D lineman, but Argyle picks up a first down on their first series. They are now at the Carter 34. Now Ralston runs it down to the Carter 27. 2nd and 4. Rodgers hits Chalk for a short pass to the 22 yd. line at the sideline for another first down.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Rodgers throws to Ledford underthrown in the end zone and Armstrong for Carter intercepts it and takes it back to the Carter 15. 1st down Carter. Good play on that slightly underthrown pass by Rodgers. He really needed to throw that pass another 3 yds.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Carter is thrown for a loss. 3rd and 19 from the Carter 8. Pass is complete but a low throw as he loses his footing and Carter is short of the first. Carter punts as McCook fields it and is tackled at around the Argyle 20.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:38 PM
Ralston takes it on first down 9 yds. Good tackle on Ralston. McCook takes it on a run off tackle for a touchdown. What a huge hole opened up by the Oline for Argyle.

Argyle 7
Carter 0

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Estrada kicks it out of the endzone. 1st and 10 Carter at their own 25. Good pass for 7 yds. from Ferguson to Goodwater. 2nd and 3. Illlegal procedure Carter. Now it is 2nd and 8.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Quick slant pass is incomplete intended for Johnson. Ferguson throws a backward pass to Goodwater, but the ball is incomplete as a fumble that goes out of bounds. Argyle's Forrer got on the ball as it rolled out of bounds. but it is ruled as Carter's ball. Carter is forced to punt.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Ralston is stopped on first down for only 2 yds up the middle. Rodgers throws incomplete as his reciever breaks off the route. 4th and 2 now for Argyle as Chalk takes a short pass. Ralston takes it down to the Carter 16 for another first as Hiter opens up a big hole on the right side. Rodgers throws in the end zone to Chalk for another TD. It went threw the defender's hands and into Chalk's as Rodgers had lots of zip on that throw.

Argyle 14
Carter 0

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Estrada kicks off short as Carter starts this series on their own 30. 3rd and 10 now for Carter. They lost 2 yds. then made it back up on the next play.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Punt goes down to the Argyle 38 yd. line. Argyle first down now. Pass to DeWoody, hit hard and the ball shoots out of his hands out of bounds on a big hit.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:52 PM
3rd and 7 as Rodgers throws to DeWoody again. He dropped the ball, so Argyle will punt here. Estrada punts it to the 20 out of bounds. 39 yd. punt. Carter's ball now on their own 20.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Facemask against Argyle on Ferguson of Carter on first down. 1st and 10 Carter now from their 35. Holding Carter. 1st and 20 Carter. Ferguson throws over the middle, but Dane Ledford almost picks it....he can't quite grab it. 2nd down. That could have been a pick 5 had Ledford been able to hold on to that ball.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Argyle throws Ferguson for a loss. It will be 3rd and 26 now as the quarter ends.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Markwardt picks up the punt that was encircled by Red Jerseys and takes it all the way into the end zone, but the refs call it back as a dead ball. Back to the Argyle 45 yd. line for Argyle to start this series.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:04 PM
Chalk leads the block for Ralston for a 15 yd. pick up on first, but a flag is down....holding on Argyle somewhere on the other side of the field. Pass incomplete to Chalk as Rodgers and Chalk did not get together on that route. Chalk cut it short and Rodgers threw it deep. Now Ralston picks up 15 for another 1st. Markwardt on a jet sweep for another 7 yds. to the Carter 34. Ralston is hammered in the backfield on 2nd on a blitz by Carter and almost loses the ball. 3rd and 9 for Argyle.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Rodgers is blitzed as he steps up and fires a TD pass to Estrada at the one and Estrada takes it in for another TD. Rodgers took the hard hit, but the pass was right on target to Estrada.

Argyle 21
Carter 0

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Carter takes the kick back to its 18 before being hit hard. Carter will start deep in its own end again. Option run by Goodwater to the 20 yd. line as he runs out of bounds. 2nd down now for Carter.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Goodwater finds room off tackle to the Carter 42 for a good gain....the best of the night for Carter. He is a soph. and has speed.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Ferguson gains 4 on first. Carter has spread out their alignment now. Ferguson is hit hard for a big loss as Casey Harper hits him hard. 3rd and 12. Pass incomplete. Carter will have to punt.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:11 PM
McCook returns it 17 yds. to the Argyle 47 on a very good move in traffic. Rodgers hits Eric Ramon for a 17 yd. pass completion.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Ralston gains 5 on 1st down to the Carter 35. Ralston now picks up the first down to the Carter 27. Rodgers throws incomplete to Ledford as the coverage is tight. Offsides Carter. 1st and 5 now as Rodgers hits Estrada over the middle down to the 9 yd. line.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Rodgers finds Estrada again to the 2 yd. line. Ralston fights his way just shy of the goal line. 3rd and goal now very close to the goal line. Ralston dives in for another TD for Argyle.

Argyle 28
Carter 0

4:03 left in the 2nd

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Carter returns the kick to the 22, but a flag is down at the 30. Illegal block by Carter. This will move the ball back to the Carter 12. Nice run by Goodwater out to the 17 on 1st.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:23 PM
2nd and 5 run by Goodwater is stopped by Argyle. 3rd and 5 now. Goodwater lost his helmet or took it off himself. This discussion is still going on. Goodwater leaves for the sideline as it is now 3rd and 8. Handoff to Cole as he is hit in the backfield by Jacob Forrer. He's a junior DE. 4th down and Carter will have to punt again. Looks like they are running down the clock to keep Argyle from scoring again before the half. Time out Carter as the clock runs down. 2 mins. left in the half.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Punt goes to the Argyle 39 with 1:56 left in the half. Argyle's Ramon picks up 8 on first down run. Pass by Rodgers to Ledford goes incomplete off his hands a little high. 3rd and 2 to Ramon to the Carter 26. 1st and 10 complete to Hunter Markwardt to the Carter 15 for another Eagle first with just about a min. left in the half. Time out Argyle.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Rodgers hits Chalk for 10 yds. at the 5 yd. line for a nice back shoulder fade. McCook takes the jet sweep, but fumbles it on the exchange and falls on it back at the 12 yd. line. Time out Argyle again as they lost 7 yds. on that fumble.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Argyle fakes a pass and hands off to Eric Ramon on a misdirection run that he takes to the right pylon for the score. A great play call by the Offensive Coordinator Shea Nanny for Argyle. Everybody went to the left but Eric Ramon.

Argyle 35
Carter 0

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Carter takes the kick back to their 44 yd. line for a decent field position with 36 secs. left in the half.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:34 PM
Pass goes incomplete for Carter at the 36. A handoff to Goodwater goes for 18 yds. as the clock runs down to 14 secs. Carter calls timeout. They are around the Argyle 40 yd. line. 3rd and 7 now for Carter.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Screen pass to Goodwater is sniffed out by Casey Harper as he lowers the boom on Goodwater. The pass is incomplete as Goodwater is down and an injury timeout is called.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Goodwater gets up and leaves the field, maybe just a little stunned. Carter's punt almost touches the pylon at the one yd. line for a perfect line drive coffin corner kick....just a perfect kick. Argyle will run it out of their own end as Eric Ramon runs it out and the half ends.

Argyle 35
Carter 0

halftime

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 09:26 PM
The teams trade TD's on each of their first possessions of the 2nd half. Ralston has been on the bench since midway thru the 2nd quarter. Sr. Eric Ramon has the tailback duties now and he is doing a stellar job of it.

Argyle 42
Carter 7

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Lots of Argyle backups in the game getting experience and time now. Sure helps the overall continuity of the program and the depth of the team.

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Soph qb Dane Ledford hits Casey Harper with a TD throw. That's Argyle's future qb more than likely. He plays regularly as a receiver, but is a good-looking young qb with talent, accuracy, and speed.

Argyle 49
Carter 7

regaleagle
10-25-2014, 12:32 AM
Argyle 56 Carter 14

Final