PDA

View Full Version : Cam Jr's first high school TD!

Cam
10-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Today was a great day!...I left Austin just in time to get to Burnet, let our doggie out to do her thing, play with her for a while, and hit the road to Gatesville for my son's freshman game. I made it there just in time for the start. I can't stand missing my kid's events...and especially his football games...My biggest fear is him getting hurt and one of us not being there....Anyway, somewhere in the 2nd quarter, I suddenly saw my son fall to the ground rolling around in agony....Turns out he stepped on someone's foot and twisted the heck out of his ankle....He eventually got himself back into the game....
Somewhere in the 3rd quarter, he caught his very first high school TD pass...bad wheel and all!!!.....He and I have been waiting for this moment all season!....I'm so happy for him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDO48dz23M

So we got home...he hobbled into bed with a bag of ice...his ankle is pretty swollen....I went to the mailbox and got this: His progress report from school.....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_1108.jpg

That TD reception was great..but this progress report is awesome!....He has worked so hard....and he is definitely on a mission!...Wants to be a surgeon someday.....I am so proud of him....I hope ya'll don't mind a little boasting on my part....I hesitated posting this...
I believe in kids....all of them...they are our future...and everyone is special in their own way....No one should ever give up on any kid...Their potential is there waiting to explode! We just need to help them light the fuse!!!.......Life is good!

movethechain
10-24-2014, 12:46 AM
Hmmm, I don't see a limp. I'm calling BS on the ankle injury. Nobody runs that fast with a twisted ankle. Makes the story sound better though. ;)

Seriously, Congratulations!!! Looks like he has the physical and mental tools to get it done in life.

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2014, 07:14 AM
Outstanding.. Keep it up!

buckeyebob
10-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Mmmmmm...Hurt...able to outrun his defender...jump for the ball & come down on an injured ankle...do a 180...speed down the line...great grades...time you consider his future...in the Heart of East Texas lies the small town of Gilmer...nestled behind the Pine Curtain, they have a place for a young , talented receiver...Cam, y'all could be Buckeyes...and grades for our guys are mandatory (see signature)...we would like to discuss a relocation & signing bonuses...we will be listening

Congrats to both of you

greendawg84
10-24-2014, 07:31 AM
Congrats !!! I knew he took after his momma !

panfan
10-24-2014, 07:42 AM
Way tog go Cam Jr!!!:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thu mbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

toddg
10-24-2014, 08:43 AM
IMPRESSIVE!! on both accomplishments!!

Rabid Cougar
10-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Some of us raised linemen. :rolleyes:

Looks like some things have changed and some things have not in Gatesville. Gone is the dustbowl football field but the switching sides on Thursday is still there.

44INAROW
10-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Brag all you want - sounds like Mr and Mrs Cam have done a great job instilling work/study ethics in little Cam.. and WOOHOO on the TD :)

hollywood
10-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Awesome Cam! A scholar athlete is very commendable in my book. He'll have a bright future ahead of him and has a big brother to look up to. You must be doing something right!!

Cam
10-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Hmmm, I don't see a limp. I'm calling BS on the ankle injury. Nobody runs that fast with a twisted ankle. Makes the story sound better though. ;)

Seriously, Congratulations!!! Looks like he has the physical and mental tools to get it done in life.

LOL....yeah, adrenaline can do amazing things....even one of his coaches told him, "One minute you're acting like you just got shot, the next minute you're scoring a touchdown!".....He could barely walk this morning as I dropped him off with the trainers. Just got a message from trainer. Bad sprain...No flag running at tonight's game!.....Thanks for the congrats!

Cam
10-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Outstanding.. Keep it up!

thanks HEMO!.....how are them Lewisville Farmers doing these days??....I will never forget Lewisville, TX!.....That municipal golf course there is where a buddy and I sunk a golf cart in one of the lakes next to the green!!!.....:doh::crazy1:.....I still tell that story every once in a while.....and still harass my buddy David for driving it into the lake!...What a dumb ass!!..they had to bring a tractor with chains to pull it out!!...:spitlol:

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2014, 11:45 AM
thanks HEMO!.....how are them Lewisville Farmers doing these days??....I will never forget Lewisville, TX!.....That municipal golf course there is where a buddy and I sunk a golf cart in one of the lakes next to the green!!!.....:doh::crazy1:.....I still tell that story every once in a while.....and still harass my buddy David for driving it into the lake!...What a dumb ass!!..they had to bring a tractor with chains to pull it out!!...:spitlol:

Well, I live 5 minutes away from the campus but I don't follow the Farmers. It's either the Rattlers or nothing at all..lol

BTW, Funny story...I could only imagine how funny that was for someone.. maybe not him..

Cam
10-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Mmmmmm...Hurt...able to outrun his defender...jump for the ball & come down on an injured ankle...do a 180...speed down the line...great grades...time you consider his future...in the Heart of East Texas lies the small town of Gilmer...nestled behind the Pine Curtain, they have a place for a young , talented receiver...Cam, y'all could be Buckeyes...and grades for our guys are mandatory (see signature)...we would like to discuss a relocation & signing bonuses...we will be listening

Congrats to both of you

Thanks!....hmmmm really??.....is Lake Fork anywhere nearby???...:D..

Cam
10-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Congrats !!! I knew he took after his momma !

Yep!....momma was quite the student and hurdler in high school!!....as for me, I just grew really long hair and listened to Thin Lizzy all the time!!.....:crazy1:

Cam
10-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Way tog go Cam Jr!!!:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thu mbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

thanks panfan...a.k.a...Barney lover!....WOW! Seven little green thumbs up little guys!!...I'm honored & humbled......and secretly goes to show you really love the color green!!!...:2thumbsup

Cam
10-24-2014, 11:57 AM
IMPRESSIVE!! on both accomplishments!!

thanks toddg....my boy is doing alright.....he's got a lot of learning to do when it comes to football...and still has to lose some timidness IMO..he ain't as mean as his older brother was!...I think he's still trying to figure out if football is the right game for him....only time will tell....and them Indians better not screw it up tonight!!....

Cam
10-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Some of us raised linemen. :rolleyes:

Looks like some things have changed and some things have not in Gatesville. Gone is the dustbowl football field but the switching sides on Thursday is still there.

Linemen is GOOD STUFF!!!...If there is one thing Burnet's frosh have, it's fairly good sized linemen...there's at least 10 good sized boys in this group..they may not all be playing lights out yet...but the potential is definitely there...yeah, I found it awkward that we sat on the home side...but then I figured it out!.....the home side faces the west and the sun was scorching us!....Somebody wasn't thinking when they built that thing!.....Nice field though......

Cam
10-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Brag all you want - sounds like Mr and Mrs Cam have done a great job instilling work/study ethics in little Cam.. and WOOHOO on the TD :)

thanks 44!...it's really real simple!...Cam Jr has learned that when Mrs. Cam says "do it" to Mr. Cam, he does it!!....otherwise, it's frying-pan-over-the-head time!!!...:doh::vrycnfsd:

Cam
10-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Awesome Cam! A scholar athlete is very commendable in my book. He'll have a bright future ahead of him and has a big brother to look up to. You must be doing something right!!

thanks hollywood!!.....If I'm doin' something right it must be wrong!....:vrycnfsd:

defense51
10-24-2014, 01:34 PM
Congrats to Cam Jr on the TD and the progress report!!!

bobcat1
10-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Congrats Mr and Mrs Cam! Y'all have raised an outstanding son.:2thumbsup

buckeyebob
10-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks!....hmmmm really??.....is Lake Fork anywhere nearby???...:D..

Just down the road...however, I have a 28 acre lake with a lake record of 14-3/4lb bass & really nice crappie & blue gills.

ccmom
10-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Great job :clap:

Pudlugger
10-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Cam you have much to be proud of with your son. I wish him luck in his quest to become a surgeon. May I recommend orthopedics, neurosurgery or plastic surgery. Those are most in demand and he could write his own ticket.

Cam
10-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Congrats to Cam Jr on the TD and the progress report!!!

thanks D51..

Cam
10-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Congrats Mr and Mrs Cam! Y'all have raised an outstanding son.:2thumbsup

thanks bobcat!....will you take me fishin'??....:D

Cam
10-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Just down the road...however, I have a 28 acre lake with a lake record of 14-3/4lb bass & really nice crappie & blue gills.

:eek:....28 acre lake!!...can I be your new best friend??....:D

Cam
10-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Great job :clap:

thanks ccmom!....I'm so happy!....you spoke to me!!!...:D

Cam
10-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Cam you have much to be proud of with your son. I wish him luck in his quest to become a surgeon. May I recommend orthopedics, neurosurgery or plastic surgery. Those are most in demand and he could write his own ticket.

you hit it right on!...He wants to be an orthopedic surgeon....Funny thing is both my boys were inspired by the orthopedic surgeon who cared for both of them during their injuries....Dr. Joel Hurt (what a name!) took care of my older boy's MCL issue in his sophomore year.....and did surgery on my young one for his broken wrist back in 7th grade....just goes to show everything happens for a reason!...

BwdLion73
10-26-2014, 02:45 PM

Your about to make a lot of new friends. :)