PDA

View Full Version : First taste of SE TX football - Jasper

xlr8tor
08-30-2003, 03:20 AM
Having been in west Texas for the past 5 years, and never having lived in SE Texas, I got my first taste of the game here. Didn't want to go and see Kountze lose to a 2A team, which they did, so I decided to go to what was supposed to be a good game between Jasper and 4A Port Neches - Groves. Jasper didn't live up to the hype to say the least. Jasper should still make the playoffs, with Newton probably the only obstacle before the post season. But I don't expect to see Jasper deep in the playoffs, unless some things change. PNG fielded a good team. So perhaps that taints my view some. I suspect this will be a rebuilding year for Jasper. They have good, very good speed. And Jasper has decent size as well. Their passing game was somewhat lacking. And they need a QB that can do just that. Of course, their QB was sidelined early in the game with an injury. Jasper seems to be a young team. So playoffs will come this year, but next year should be even better for the Bulldogs.

Anahuac impressed me with their victory of Barbers Hill. I thought BC would play LCM a little closer. Might have to make that Anahuac - BC game.

Just my take.

exbccards76'smom
08-30-2003, 07:04 AM
having a young team showed last night. LCM just took advantage of what was there. But, I am also proud of how our boys played their hearts out to the end. Little more experience under our belts will be helpful. LCM has a very good team this year. I wish them all the best.