PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood coaching

BWDLIONBACKER
10-20-2014, 08:42 PM
You can not WIN playing behind the line of scrimmage. The second half against STV and the whole game against AW we played that way. Nothing down field , almost every play was some kind of screen or fly sweep. ITS TIME TO MAKE SOME CHANGES

slingshot
10-20-2014, 08:57 PM
You can not WIN playing behind the line of scrimmage. The second half against STV and the whole game against AW we played that way. Nothing down field , almost every play was some kind of screen or fly sweep. ITS TIME TO MAKE SOME CHANGESWhoa! Rebellion brewing?

ccmom
10-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Whoa! Rebellion brewing?

Welcome to the board. Please, don't be so shy!! ;)

Truthful Tiger
10-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Sounds like Brownwood has a bad case of Sealyitius. Gordon Wood is rolling over in his grave.

toddg
10-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Sounds like Brownwood has a bad case of Sealyitius. Gordon Wood is rolling over in his grave.
Just think how cocky HollyWood would be if Gordon Wood had decided to coach a few more years....

ccmom
10-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Just think how cocky HollyWood would be if Gordon Wood had decided to coach a few more years....

Lordy, I can't even imagine :rolleyes:

XMan
10-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Blame it on baseball. When Wood was there, he wouldn't allow it due to it being a distraction. That most definitely is the problem.

Heffelfinger
10-21-2014, 07:51 AM
How is baseball the problem?

sleepy_dragon7
10-21-2014, 09:04 AM
You can not WIN playing behind the line of scrimmage. The second half against STV and the whole game against AW we played that way. Nothing down field , almost every play was some kind of screen or fly sweep. ITS TIME TO MAKE SOME CHANGES

Hard to believe Brownwood had trouble with the likes of Stephenville and Abilene Wylie...

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2014, 09:10 AM
How is baseball the problem?

It's not. You'd have to know Xman's history. Ask him about offseason baseball.

toddg
10-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Blame it on baseball. When Wood was there, he wouldn't allow it due to it being a distraction. That most definitely is the problem.
baseball...the last hope for the average athlete!!!

Rabid Cougar
10-21-2014, 09:21 AM

You mean Quidditch right?

toddg
10-21-2014, 09:32 AM
It's headed that way...fast!! LOL!

lostaussie
10-21-2014, 10:14 AM

That's a SWEET 1st post............just run over em' with the dump truck:D

greendawg84
10-21-2014, 10:26 AM

I would assume that if / when the position comes open you can put your name in the hat ! Then you can run whatever offense you desire . :kiss:

defense51
10-21-2014, 11:12 AM

I'd be cocky if I had played for Gordon Wood! Speaking of that, are there any members on here that did play for Coach Wood?

BwdLion73
10-21-2014, 11:45 AM
I'd be cocky if I had played for Gordon Wood! Speaking of that, are there any members on here that did play for Coach Wood?

I tried until he called me water faucet because he knew I was running, just not getting anywhere. He told coach Blackburn to put a stick beside me to see if I was running!

He might have suggested I play baseball! :D (but that was the 70's...they did not need me getting run over in practice and possibly hurting one of our good players) ;)

bobcat1
10-21-2014, 12:00 PM
I don't think they would know how to get on the internet even if they were still living. That was back in the leather helmet days. :p

BwdLion73
10-21-2014, 12:12 PM
I don't think they would know how to get on the internet even if they were still living. That was back in the leather helmet days. :p

Hey!...Don't think I can't get assistance here at the nurseing home. :tongue:

toddg
10-21-2014, 12:27 PM
I tried until he called me water faucet because he knew I was running, just not getting anywhere. He told coach Blackburn to put a stick beside me to see if I was running!

He might have suggested I play baseball! :D (but that was the 70's...they did not need me getting run over in practice and possibly hurting one of our good players) ;) Wood, Southall Wing-T...7 SCs..nuff said! and you had the honor of being called water faucet!! greatness!! coaches always had a way of bringing humor to our flaws lol!

Deuce
10-21-2014, 12:31 PM

Yep, exactly what Mike Trout is probably thinking. Lmao

hollywood
10-21-2014, 12:32 PM

Wood recruited me in Jr. High ball while I was at Aransas Pass! Moved in and he retired when he saw the talent pool coming in. :helpme:

:D

toddg
10-21-2014, 12:35 PM
wood recruited me in jr. High ball while i was at aransas pass! Moved in and he retired when he saw the talent pool coming in. :helpme:

:d
lol!!

Gobbler Fan
10-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Where's Rocket when you need him :crazy1: ?

FB-fanatic
10-21-2014, 01:26 PM

The second highest scoring football player in Texas 2012 is now a captain on the A&M Quidditch team... Does that build any credibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

bobcat1
10-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Where's Rocket when you need him :crazy1: ?

Coaching Home Economics and Quidditch in New Mexico

defense51
10-21-2014, 05:41 PM

He might have suggested I play baseball! :D (but that was the 70's...they did not need me getting run over in practice and possibly hurting one of our good players) ;)

Wood, Southall Wing-T...7 SCs..nuff said! and you had the honor of being called water faucet!! greatness!! coaches always had a way of bringing humor to our flaws lol!
That's awesome, I would wear that nickname with pride, and would introduce myself as such... Follwed by who gave me the name! :thumbsup:

defense51
10-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Wood, Southall Wing-T...7 SCs..nuff said! and you had the honor of being called water faucet!! greatness!! coaches always had a way of bringing humor to our flaws lol!
I'm pretty sure coaches take a semester of Nicknames 101... Can any of you coaches confirm that?

garageoffice
10-21-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure coaches take a semester of Nicknames 101... Can any of you coaches confirm that?

No...I believe it is secret knowledge passed down from one coaching generation to another...like a secret handshake.

Sville
10-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Coach Briles called me "double down" ;-)

Eagle 1
10-21-2014, 09:25 PM
I said a while back that Brownwood would have to pull an upset in district to make the playoffs. Well, the window is closing on that.
Back to what the OP said, I have heard grumblings about the play calling this year before the last two weeks.
Brownwood is a football town and won't take to losing much longer before changes are made.

hollywood
10-21-2014, 10:39 PM
Coach Allen called me hollywood. :vrycnfsd:

toddg
10-21-2014, 10:47 PM
All flash and no forty yard dash!!:)

hollywood
10-21-2014, 11:19 PM
All flash and no forty yard dash!!:)

4.58 was my fastest in HS.

We had a guy that ran a legit 4.3! Dude ran like the wind!

slingshot
10-21-2014, 11:19 PM
I said a while back that Brownwood would have to pull an upset in district to make the playoffs. Well, the window is closing on that.
Back to what the OP said, I have heard grumblings about the play calling this year before the last two weeks.
Brownwood is a football town and won't take to losing much longer before changes are made.All they gotta do is beat Snyder... then get the pleasure of playing Graham again in bi-district.

defense51
10-21-2014, 11:40 PM

I heard rumors that you carried a Polaroid in your shoulder pads and would take a selfie when you scored a TD... :thinking:

BwdLion73
10-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Brownwood is a football town and won't take to losing much longer before changes are made.

I would say as a members first post it was pretty strong. With no other post or comments to base the member on I would say it is someone who has a bad case of sour grapes due to something personal that has happen, or he could be spot on and is in a position to know the inside discussion's.
Either way Eagle 1 is correct. The Wylie game was a total butt whipin' and while I'm not sure we could have won I know it should have been a lot closer. Everyone on here knows the talent of Hugh S. ... kinda makes you think about coaching game plans.

panfan
10-22-2014, 08:33 AM
I heard rumors that you carried a Polaroid in your shoulder pads and would take a selfie when you scored a TD... :thinking:
Hollywood carried a mirror, some paper, and a piece of charcoal and drew a stick figure of himself with the ball.....

slingshot
10-22-2014, 08:34 AM
...The Wylie game was a total butt whipin' and while I'm not sure we could have won I know it should have been a lot closer. Everyone on here knows the talent of Hugh S. ... kinda makes you think about coaching game plans.That one may have been more due to Clay Martin... DC gets the most out of his kids.

Trashman
10-22-2014, 08:53 AM
I have heard grumblings around town since the season started. If they don't turn it around this year, there could be trouble.

Sville
10-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Is yall's stud WR the coaches son?

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2014, 09:08 AM
The second highest scoring football player in Texas 2012 is now a captain on the A&M Quidditch team... Does that build any credibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Nope. Just means he likes Harry Potter.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2014, 09:12 AM
That one may have been more due to Clay Martin... DC gets the most out of his kids.

He knows a thing or two about baseball too.

BwdLion73
10-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Is yall's stud WR the coaches son?

....yup

panfan
10-22-2014, 09:53 AM
....yup

How is he, heard he got injured in the last game?

injuredinmelee
10-22-2014, 01:50 PM
The Mack Brown Offense.

BwdLion73
10-22-2014, 03:04 PM
How is he, heard he got injured in the last game?

I heard Collarbone that night but don't know for sure.

hollywood
10-22-2014, 04:59 PM
I heard Collarbone that night but don't know for sure.

After the rumor of a fractured foot against Stephenville ended up being a bruised foot, then what some are saying this past weeks injury is a broken collarbone against Wylie.. maybe a bruised shoulder? Not sure but folks were saying he was joking around with the cheerleaders after coming off the field. :thinking: