Roughneck93
10-20-2014, 08:50 PM
http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2374162/pitpuke.0.gif

Roughneck93
10-20-2014, 08:55 PM
24 points in 2:54....

Scoop27
10-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Steelers 24, Texans 13-Halftime. 24 unanswered points in less than three minutes

Roughneck93
10-20-2014, 09:04 PM
http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2374228/lancedance.0.gif

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-20-2014, 09:07 PM
are the Texans ever going to get a qb that does not throw interceptions!

Roughneck93
10-20-2014, 09:12 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2374242/GOBRETT.0.gif

caleb_mccaig
10-20-2014, 09:20 PM
That Houston defense though....

Scoop27
10-20-2014, 10:40 PM
A total meltdown by the Texans again

cougartino
10-21-2014, 04:20 AM
I was disappointed #99 of the Steelers didn't score. I wanted to see if he were gonna do the Ney-Ney.

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2014, 08:56 AM
That Houston defense though....

What are you getting at?

caleb_mccaig
10-21-2014, 09:07 AM
What are you getting at?

Just aren't that good.

Granted, I think if Houston had a quarterback their a playoff team. I wish I could see Mallett play.

whitelightning5
10-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Just aren't that good.

Granted, I think if Houston had a quarterback their a playoff team. I wish I could see Mallett play.

Let's be real. Outside of JJ Watt our defense is subpar. With 1 person supplying a pass rush, our secondary is getting torched. Of course, it doesn't really help things when the offense gives out gifts and our special teams likes to give away field position.

I'm with you. A few more losses and we have to see what Mallett brings to the table. Not that he will be a savior, but we have to see if he is worth investing in for the future.

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2014, 10:09 AM
Just aren't that good.

I thought the defense played well enough to win. 14 of the points they gave up came from our offense turning the ball over around our own 5... You can't really blame the D for that.

The houston offense is atrocious. A capable offense helps out your d significantly by not turning it over repeatedly, helping them out field position wise and most of all, morale and momentum wise. Take a look at dallas. The offense starts producing especially with the run game and all of a sudden r dallas D at least looks respectable when they were the worst in the league last year.

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Let's be real. Outside of JJ Watt our defense is subpar. With 1 person supplying a pass rush, our secondary is getting torched. Of course, it doesn't really help things when the offense gives out gifts and our special teams likes to give away field position.

I'm with you. A few more losses and we have to see what Mallett brings to the table. Not that he will be a savior, but we have to see if he is worth investing in for the future.

I guessing Mallett isn't worth the time since he lost his backup job in NE to a rookie...

whitelightning5
10-21-2014, 10:37 AM
I guessing Mallett isn't worth the time since he lost his backup job in NE to a rookie...

He may not be, but you still have to see. You used a future pick (granted a low pick) on Mallett for the hope that he could materialize into a future QB, since he knew the system already. He's thrown what...4 passes in his career? As for the business side....That is just the way Belichick operates. Take what you can get for expendable players. Mallett was 1 year away from contract expiration. Take what you can get before he's gone to the FA market. I think if the Texans wanted Garoppolo bad enough and were willing to offer a higher pick, he would have allowed that to happen too.

Farmersfan
10-21-2014, 11:00 AM
I think the Texans are still a playoff team. I wouldn't expect much more than that from them though. What i don't understand is the switch from Schaub to Fitzpatrick! Even the lamest NFL fan would not see that as a upgrade.................

coach
10-21-2014, 11:33 AM
I think the Texans are still a playoff team. I wouldn't expect much more than that from them though. What i don't understand is the switch from Schaub to Fitzpatrick! Even the lamest NFL fan would not see that as a upgrade.................

Well at least they are both better than the qb in Dallas, right?

whitelightning5
10-21-2014, 11:37 AM

Talent wise...there isn't much difference. Fitz is a bit more mobile and has a better arm, but thinks he can make all the throws. He will force it. Schaub is just mind-blown. The pick 6 streak ended him. There is no way that ownership could have brought Schaub back. With each INT the fans would eat him alive. They boo him with bad play and cheer with injuries. That and finances....we got to ship his stupid contract to Oakland. This year we took a cap hit, but it gets less each year. Fitz has a relatively low base salary.

Farmersfan
10-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Well at least they are both better than the qb in Dallas, right?

No but if Dallas had either one of them changes would have been made years ago! Do you believe Schaub or Fitzpatrick could not have led this Dallas team to 8-8 over the past 3 years?

slingshot
10-21-2014, 12:09 PM
No but if Dallas had either one of them changes would have been made years ago! Do you believe Schaub or Fitzpatrick could not have led this Dallas team to 8-8 over the past 3 years?Actually, No. More like 4-12... prob where Houston ends up this year.

Farmersfan
10-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Talent wise...there isn't much difference. Fitz is a bit more mobile and has a better arm, but thinks he can make all the throws. He will force it. Schaub is just mind-blown. The pick 6 streak ended him. There is no way that ownership could have brought Schaub back. With each INT the fans would eat him alive. They boo him with bad play and cheer with injuries. That and finances....we got to ship his stupid contract to Oakland. This year we took a cap hit, but it gets less each year. Fitz has a relatively low base salary.

If Schaub is washed up and not worth the money then that is one thing but the Texans swapped a guy that averages 8 interceptions a year for a guy that averages 15 a year as a starter (and he's already had 7 this year)........................And a career QB rating of 90 for a 78 career rating for Fitzpatrick. The yards and completion percentages aren't even in the same hemisphere either. I don't reject the idea of trying to upgrade the position if your franchise guy isn't getting it done. The problem I have is WHO they brought in to replace him. They gave Fitzpatrick a 2 year contract for 7.5 million and no young gun to develop behind him. Or do you think the Texans are somehow expecting Mallet or Tom Savage to become the starter?

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2014, 12:38 PM
I don't think the Texans have the qb of the future on the roster....

Bullaholic
10-21-2014, 12:54 PM
I don't think the Texans have the qb of the future on the roster....

Help em' get Johnny Football, Saggy....

whitelightning5
10-21-2014, 01:17 PM
If Schaub is washed up and not worth the money then that is one thing but the Texans swapped a guy that averages 8 interceptions a year for a guy that averages 15 a year as a starter (and he's already had 7 this year)........................And a career QB rating of 90 for a 78 career rating for Fitzpatrick. The yards and completion percentages aren't even in the same hemisphere either. I don't reject the idea of trying to upgrade the position if your franchise guy isn't getting it done. The problem I have is WHO they brought in to replace him. They gave Fitzpatrick a 2 year contract for 7.5 million and no young gun to develop behind him. Or do you think the Texans are somehow expecting Mallet or Tom Savage to become the starter?

I think they were HOPING that Fitz would be the short-term solution and were hoping that a QB would fall to them in the 2nd round. That didnt happen and they ended up selecting Savage. Since the opportunity presented itself, they took a low risk gamble on Mallett. At the end of the day, if he doesn't materialize we don't lose anything. To answer the question...I think they are HOPING that Mallett turns into something. Savage is a pretty good distance away. If Mallett doesn't, then I could see them go QB in the first round in 2015.

I agree. I didnt like the Fitz signing either. That said, there werent many other veteran QBs available.

whitelightning5
10-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Actually, No. More like 4-12... prob where Houston ends up this year.

You have to give them better than 4-12. They still get to play the Titans and Jags twice. I said 8-8 at the beginning of the season and I'm starting to lose hope, but I will stick by it for now.