PDA

View Full Version : Texas at Kansas State 11 a.m. Saturday on ESPN

Scoop27
10-20-2014, 11:40 AM
The Longhorns will have their hands full against the Wildcats who are coming off a big win over OU. Could be another highs scoring game

Macarthur
10-20-2014, 01:36 PM
I don't anticipate a high scoring game. KSU's defense ain't ISU. KSU puts a ton of pressure on a defense because of their run game. Think BYU but with a power run game.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2014, 06:25 AM
I don't anticipate a high scoring game. KSU's defense ain't ISU. KSU puts a ton of pressure on a defense because of their run game. Think BYU but with a power run game.

I think the game will be alot like UT/OU.

Macarthur
10-21-2014, 07:43 AM
Maybe so. I just know that KSU is typically very disciplined. UT is going to have to beat them becasue they very seldom beat themselves.

Rabid Cougar
10-21-2014, 08:29 AM
KSU by 14 I was going to say 50+ but Alabama too the fun out of that.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Maybe so. I just know that KSU is typically very disciplined. UT is going to have to beat them becasue they very seldom beat themselves.

OU gained 533 yards..if they had a kicker they win

Macarthur
10-21-2014, 09:48 AM
OU gained 533 yards..if they had a kicker they win

It was also in Norman. I would be willing to bet UT doesn't gain 500 yards in Manhattan.

Macarthur
10-21-2014, 09:50 AM
And let me say, in today's football, I'm not really concerned with how many yards a defense gives up. Virtually all offenses can rack up yardage these days.

Rabid Cougar
10-21-2014, 01:56 PM
It was also in Norman. I would be willing to bet UT doesn't gain 500 yards in Manhattan.

The Snyder Family Stadium is quite the place. Very fun atmosphere. The KSU fans do get it "chugging"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUjQ39eTQbk

hookandladder
10-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Should be a great experience, I am looking forward to the trip. Hookem.

BwdLions
10-22-2014, 10:16 AM
My prediction is the defense gets back on track and the Horns win 24-17.

hookandladder
10-22-2014, 03:48 PM
My prediction is the defense gets back on track and the Horns win 24-17.

I like this, Hookem.

Gen.Pat
10-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Coach Synder got his saw nice and sharp to Saw those Horns Off.

WILDCATS 36
Short Horns 14

hookandladder
10-23-2014, 06:06 AM
Coach Synder got his saw nice and sharp to Saw those Horns Off.

WILDCATS 36
Short Horns 14

This sounds like we playing them aggys this week, saw em off. How funny, Lol

Mr. Football
10-24-2014, 08:21 AM
This is going to be a tough game for the Horns, KSU is a well rounded team. Texas defense is going to need some early three and outs and the offense needs to put together some drives and score early if they want a chance to win this game.

BwdLions
10-24-2014, 11:15 AM
This is going to be a tough game for the Horns, KSU is a well rounded team. Texas defense is going to need some early three and outs and the offense needs to put together some drives and score early if they want a chance to win this game.

Good points. I agree.

1st and goal
10-24-2014, 01:01 PM
While I thought Texas had a chance the last game, I don't think they'll win this weekend. I've been wrong before though.

Rabid Cougar
10-24-2014, 04:11 PM
This will not end pretty.

hookandladder
10-24-2014, 04:33 PM
This will not end pretty.

You thinking 59-0 like your aggys last week, it's always a good sign when you give your expert pick against Texas. Lol

regaleagle
10-25-2014, 01:18 PM
They need to call offensive plays that Swoopes is comfortable and "natural" with....like roll outs with the option to run it. Option reads, but no drop back passes, esp. over the middle. He does not look comfortable dropping back, does not appear to read defenses very well, and looks like he feels "trapped" by dropping back. Texas needs to run the ball, hit quick hitters and run play-action passes as well as roll-outs with Swoopes. They cannot feed him too much expanded offense other than what he has been able to do so far. He's just not able to perform any other way. KState D willl eat him up as a pocket passer and trying to read their defensive alignments. Keep it simple for Swoopes....or LOSE!!

1st and goal
10-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Despite hook's "hater" attitude (even though his team doesn't have a leg to stand on), K state is not looking at all dominant. All Texas needs is a pick 6 and they are right back in this game.

Scoop27
10-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Longhorns may get shutout in the game-Should have had at least 3 field goals-Very depressing game to watch

hookandladder
10-25-2014, 05:39 PM
They need to call offensive plays that Swoopes is comfortable and "natural" with....like roll outs with the option to run it. Option reads, but no drop back passes, esp. over the middle. He does not look comfortable dropping back, does not appear to read defenses very well, and looks like he feels "trapped" by dropping back. Texas needs to run the ball, hit quick hitters and run play-action passes as well as roll-outs with Swoopes. They cannot feed him too much expanded offense other than what he has been able to do so far. He's just not able to perform any other way. KState D willl eat him up as a pocket passer and trying to read their defensive alignments. Keep it simple for Swoopes....or LOSE!!

Totally agree about Swoopes, don't know what the hell 1st and goal talking about. Maybe he or she still confused after that Lep beating last night. Lol

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2014, 06:26 PM
I guess 0-23 feels better than 0-59. Congrats I guess

briandumith*
10-25-2014, 07:23 PM
shut out ....wow...just wow!

Roughneck93
10-25-2014, 07:35 PM
:sleeping::sleeping: :sleeping:....I fell asleep before it was over.

Scoop27
10-25-2014, 10:39 PM
What a pathetic performance by the Longhorns -especially on offense with barely over 200 yards in total offense-Defense didn't play that bad giving up two touchdowns and three field goals. They'll have trouble beating Texas Tech next week in Lubbock

Macarthur
10-26-2014, 10:50 AM

The problem with this is that if you do this too much, defenses learn it and they adjust. When you roll out, you basically take half the field away from the QB and thus the defense has to defend only the field to the side of the rollout. If a college qb can't be somewhat efficient throwing from the pocket, he just isn't going to win against decent defenses.

BwdLions
10-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Let's face it, K-State owns Texas in football.

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2014, 04:12 PM
You thinking 59-0 like your aggys last week, it's always a good sign when you give your expert pick against Texas. Lol

I just call them as I see them, orange, green or maroon. Obviously I was correct on this one.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 04:23 PM
I just call them as I see them, orange, green or maroon. Obviously I was correct on this one.

Yes the offense did not show up , the defense played well enough to win.

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2014, 08:44 AM
Yes the offense did not show up , the defense played well enough to win.

My son's defensive coordinator at UNT said that phrase is a crock of crap. (didn't that word though). If you play good enough to win, the other team ends up with fewer point than your did.

hookandladder
10-29-2014, 02:59 PM
My son's defensive coordinator at UNT said that phrase is a crock of crap. (didn't that word though). If you play good enough to win, the other team ends up with fewer point than your did.

Well that is one man's opinion and sounds like yours, so it must be correct. Lol

Saggy Aggie
10-29-2014, 04:11 PM

Eh, so of your D gives up 3 pts and your offense gets shut out and you lose 3-0, your D didn't do enough?

Or similarly, your offense puts up 60 and still loses but your offense didn't play well enough to win?

Sorry, guess we'll just have to disagree.