PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Liberty Hill Basketball

CheerMom
03-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Does anyone have any input on this game tonight?

ttechredraiderstrainer
03-02-2004, 11:43 AM
is this the guys or girls game? if its the guys then who cares!!! lets go rice. if its the girls then hope yall win state, but lookout for canyon

CheerMom
03-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Sorry, this is the boy's game. Girl's didn't make the playoffs.

TakeMeHigher
03-02-2004, 12:53 PM
All I know is that Liberty Hill has pretty much dominated their first 2 play-off oppenets, including Wharton (the dist. 28AA champions). Rice on the other hand had quit a time with Yoakum in the first round. Against Yoakum, Rice seemed to have problem with the press. I do not know if Liberty Hill uses much press, but if they do it might be a long night for the Raiders.

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2004, 02:33 PM
CheerMom:
Does anyone have any input on this game tonight?I'm not sure if you've gotten the when/where yet & I forgot to send first thing this morning....just in case, it's 7:30 at Lockhart, I believe.

LHMom
03-02-2004, 08:47 PM
CheerMom:
Sorry, this is the boy's game. Girl's didn't make the playoffs.If you mean Rice, maybe not. LH Girls are in the state championship tournament to be held at the Erwin Center in Austin. If they win Thursday, they'll play Saturday for the championship.

If anyone is interested, you can listen to the boys game now - www.panthercast.com. (http://www.panthercast.com.)

Good luck to both Panther teams!

LHMom
03-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Score is tied at 42, late in 3rd quarter

RAIDERfan06
03-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Way to Go, Raiders! that was a great game!
Im in back of yall all the way, play with all your heart!
Raiders 58- Liberty Hill 56

Bookworm
03-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Liberty Hill was robbed of that game...the refs called a foul on Thomas Pierson with 2 seconds left when it should have been a jump ball, and Rice won on the free throw.

<small>[ March 03, 2004, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Bookworm ]</small>

CheerMom
03-03-2004, 10:12 AM
If the refs were guilty of bad calling then it was during the whole game. There were so many fouls both ways. That last foul was no way a jump ball. I was sitting right in front of where it happened. Liberty Hill played a hard fought game and congratulations to them on a great season, but the Raiders played an outstanding game so give them credit where it is due.

TakeMeHigher
03-03-2004, 01:18 PM
The refs made lots of bad calls and missed a lot of calls, but it went both ways. If LH was a better team then Rice last night, then that foul with 2 seconds left in the game would not have made a differnce in who won or lost. I give credit to both teams for playing lights out the whole game. They surley made it worth my trip to the game. I do have to commend the LH fans. They were amazing. I just love a loud crowd.

CheerMom
03-03-2004, 01:28 PM
I have to agree with you TakeMeHigher, that was one heck of a game. I haven't been to a game that exciting or loud in 20+ years. It was well worth the trip to see.
Go Raiders!!!

Bookworm
03-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Yep, you're right, TakeMeHigher, if LH had played a tougher game then that last call wouldn't have made a difference. I just hate it when the calls are controversial and the score is that close! Congratulations to the Panthers on an awesome season, and good luck to the Lady Panthers tomorrow in the state tournament!

<small>[ March 03, 2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Bookworm ]</small>

TakeMeHigher
03-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Will anyone be going to Kingsville for the regional tournament?

sportsguru
03-03-2004, 07:43 PM
If the Rice team plays West Oso it should be a tough game.... From what I have heard Rice is athletic, but West Oso is very athletic also.... My pick is West Oso winning by 10..... I think West Oso will have the fans behind them more than the Rice team.... It is a lot further trip for Rice fans to travel, since it isn't a football game......

sportsguru
03-03-2004, 08:19 PM
I heard that during the last few seconds of the game last night when a questionable foul was called, a LH fan threw something and hit a Rice player.... The head basketball coach from Lockhart called her down from the stands and asks her to leave... Her husband then followed them into the lobby area and physically grabbed the coach... Now the coach is filing assault charges on the unruly parent.... I realize the call might have been a bad one to initiate at the end of the game and cost the LH team to lose the game, but what kind of sportsmanship are the parents now teaching the kids... This is why the education system and teaching kids has really gone down hill the past few years.... We blame the students for the way they act, but they are acting exactly how they see their parents act.... What a world we live in these days !!!!!!!