PDA

View Full Version : China Spring vs Robinson

Rabid Cougar
10-20-2014, 10:15 AM
China Spring held Burnet to their lowest scoring output of the season. Robinson "gave" Burnet way to many chances. There is no question that I will go with the Cougs.

greendawg84
10-20-2014, 10:57 AM
I will take the Rockets in a close one . If I didnt have a kid playing I would go watch this one !

Rocket Man
10-20-2014, 11:28 AM
China Spring held Burnet to their lowest scoring output of the season. Robinson "gave" Burnet way to many chances. There is no question that I will go with the Cougs.

Actually, Wylie held them to 16 points.

I'm really confused by the play calling I saw during game with Burnet and with Athens. Continually running Owens left/right between the tackles and getting stuffed just doesn't make any sense and when I say continually, I mean continually. And don't get me started on Davila, 7 turnovers in these two games. So, if Owens gets run continually between the tackles and y'all stuff him continually and if Davila starts, then I like your chances better than ours; however, I will of course be rooting for the Rockets..........how can I not?

By the way, "no question you're going with the Cougs", but there is the question: Where are y'all going???? :D

Rabid Cougar
10-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Actually, Wylie held them to 16 points.

I'm really confused by the play calling I saw during game with Burnet and with Athens. Continually running Owens left/right between the tackles and getting stuffed just doesn't make any sense and when I say continually, I mean continually. And don't get me started on Davila, 7 turnovers in these two games. So, if Owens gets run continually between the tackles and y'all stuff him continually and if Davila starts, then I like your chances better than ours; however, I will of course be rooting for the Rockets..........how can I not?

By the way, "no question you're going with the Cougs", but there is the question: Where are y'all going???? :D

I hope No.2 continues his generousity. I haven't a clue as to what China Spring has or does just that there is lots of very young talent and Bell finds ways to be there at the end one way or another.

Oh I don't know...Where ever the wind blows...:smoker:

Cam
10-20-2014, 12:31 PM
...someone is going to win this game!!.....:crazy1:

Cam
10-20-2014, 12:41 PM

I'd say more like, Burnet "took it" with some timely hits.....:D......

Cam
10-20-2014, 12:44 PM
this thread needs a vote poll!!....

Rabid Cougar
10-20-2014, 01:18 PM
I'd say more like, Burnet "took it" with some timely hits.....:D......

I don't know how they came about. I just know there were lots of them. I would appreciate that the trend continue.

FB-fanatic
10-20-2014, 01:28 PM
This thread makes me long for the old 17AAA... I definitely had more than my 2cents to say back then, now just a spectator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

ccmom
10-20-2014, 02:05 PM

2nd lowest :wave:

Cam
10-20-2014, 03:02 PM
2nd lowest :wave:

....why you always such a bully?....

coach
10-20-2014, 03:15 PM
This thread makes me long for the old 17AAA... I definitely had more than my 2cents to say back then, now just a spectator.

Just do us all a favor and beat mexia this weekend

Rabid Cougar
10-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Just do us all a favor and beat mexia this weekend

That will be a tall order.

Bosqueville
10-20-2014, 03:42 PM
As I've said before, depends on which CS team shows up. We let La Vega stay in the game too long and it almost cost us. Of course I'm going with the Cougars! Another last second kick perhaps?

caleb_mccaig
10-20-2014, 04:40 PM

The worst thing the UIL ever did was break up 17-AAA my senior year.....three state champion runner-ups in three consecutive years. I guess you can kind of call it a curse though lol.

Rabid Cougar
10-21-2014, 01:41 PM
We are way to sedate now days. This game used to illicit all sorts or trash talking.

Rocket Man
10-21-2014, 01:58 PM
We are way to sedate now days. This game used to illicit all sorts or trash talking.

We're gonna rip your kitten ears off ; make your Mommas cry because the beat down will so absolute that y'all won't be able to recover enough to make the playoffs.

How did I do?

Bosqueville
10-21-2014, 02:25 PM
We're gonna rip your kitten ears off ; make your Mommas cry because the beat down will so absolute that y'all won't be able to recover enough to make the playoffs.

How did I do?

I know you Robinson folks have terrible roads but do none of your Rocket buddies have internet? I think you are the only one.

Rocket Man
10-21-2014, 02:33 PM
I know you Robinson folks have terrible roads but do none of your Rocket buddies have internet? I think you are the only one.

Just got electricity last week and indoor plumbing last year.

Internet is supposed to come online in 2015...........we hope!

I borrow a friend's account and also post from my phone sometimes.

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Can always bring up the unnecessary touchdown with seconds remaining in last years game. That is still stuck in my craw.... I guess I am just old school though.

Rocket Man
10-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Can always bring up the unnecessary touchdown with seconds remaining in last years game. That is still stuck in my craw.... I guess I am just old school though.

(I can apologize for that, but I don't know if it will make you feel any better............I hope you take the following in the humorous vein in which it is intended)

Hello and welcome to the RISD complaint line, for English press 1, para Espanol numero dos:

For complaints involving the following, please press the number when prompted:

Football press 1
Basketball press 2
Volleyball press 3
Baseball press 4
Track press 5
All other press 6

Ok, you have pressed 1 for football:

For excessive tackling press 1
For excessive scoring press 2
For excessive passing press 3
For excessive running press 4
For excessive halftime show press 5
For excessive cheering press 6
For all other press 7

Ok, you have pressed 2 for excessive scoring:

Was the excessive scoring via pass press 1
Was the excessive scoring via run press 2
Was the excessive scoring via turnover press 3

Thank you, your complaint has been registered with the RISD complaint department and will be forwarded to the appropriate department within the school district. If you are from either China Spring or Lorena, your complaint will be ignorned; have a nice day.........

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2014, 12:42 PM
(I can apologize for that, but I don't know if it will make you feel any better............I hope you take the following in the humorous vein in which it is intended)

Hello and welcome to the RISD complaint line, for English press 1, para Espanol numero dos:

Football press 1
Basketball press 2
Volleyball press 3
Baseball press 4
Track press 5
All other press 6

For all other press 7

Thank you, your complaint has been registered with the RISD complaint department and will be forwarded to the appropriate department within the school district. If you are from either China Spring or Lorena, your complaint will be ignorned; have a nice day.........

1 Football

5 Excessive Halftime show.

Not just RISD but at all football games.

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2014, 12:43 PM

Football press 1
Basketball press 2
Volleyball press 3
Baseball press 4
Track press 5
All other press 6

For all other press 7

Mark Bell has a long memory too.

Rocket Man
10-22-2014, 01:08 PM
I'll be over there tomorrow for 8th Grade games..............full on Cheer-Daddy!

varsity parent
10-22-2014, 01:09 PM
:doh:

caleb_mccaig
10-22-2014, 01:23 PM

I haven't seen Coach Bell since the year Mack and me went to the baseball playoff game against Lufkin in Burnet that didn't end until 1:30 a.m. I was a junior in college I think then and I had my hat on backwards and he told me to turn it around.

I listened and turned it around.....

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2014, 01:29 PM
I haven't seen Coach Bell since the year Mack and me went to the baseball playoff game against Lufkin in Burnet that didn't end until 1:30 a.m. I was a junior in college I think then and I had my hat on backwards and he told me to turn it around.

I listened and turned it around.....

Now that is funny!:spitlol:

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2014, 01:33 PM
I'll be over there tomorrow for 8th Grade games..............full on Cheer-Daddy!

Have fun with that.

Cam
10-22-2014, 11:24 PM
....I still think somebody is going to win this game!!!...but seriously, I can't decide who...CS has a nice short passing game. They need to hit on a few long ones. I think Koe can exploit NASA's secondary but only if O-line can hold off that impressive NASA front seven.....The NASA's are gonna try to run, run, and run some more....QB Davila does a nice job...but key for CS will be to limit NASA big back Owens...and the key word there is "limit"...cause you're not gonna completely stop Owens.....Turnovers could be deciding factor here...so CS might have an edge there....NASA has to do better at taking care of the ball....wish I could see this game...but I'll stick to Burnet game on Friday...I ain't driving all the way to Chinese Springs again!...besides, I gotta go to Gatesville already (Gatesfromhellville) for my boys frosh game tomorrow....

greendawg84
10-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Chinese Springs better put 2 guys on #14 at all times , that dude is a BEAST . One of the best football players I have watched in a long while . Friend of mine that lives there said he squats 600 plus and most impressive to me , he is a straight A student !

Rabid Cougar
10-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Chinese Springs better put 2 guys on #14 at all times , that dude is a BEAST . One of the best football players I have watched in a long while . Friend of mine that lives there said he squats 600 plus and most impressive to me , he is a straight A student !

Since when did being a straight A student have anything to do with being a stud football player???????????????:nerd:

Rabid Cougar
10-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Okay.. Chinese Springs....... Well at least for the rest of this season and next I will refer to Burnet as the fighting Brunetts. I know, probably not original and I cannot think of anything else that is catchy except for maybe "Marble Falls Lite" .... I do like "NASA's" though except around here it should be the SpaceXers.

Was working McGregor vs Comanche last Friday night. SpaceX lit off two seperate rocket motor test during the game. ( test stand is about a mile from the field). The Comanche sideline thought the world was coming to an end.

I think that was enough to get the thread back to the top.

Rocket Man
10-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Okay.. Chinese Springs....... Well at least for the rest of this season and next I will refer to Burnet as the fighting Brunetts. I know, probably not original and I cannot think of anything else that is catchy except for maybe "Marble Falls Lite" .... I do like "NASA's" though except around here it should be the SpaceXers.

Was working McGregor vs Comanche last Friday night. SpaceX lit off two seperate rocket motor test during the game. ( test stand is about a mile from the field). The Comanche sideline thought the world was coming to an end.

Oh, I like the "Fighting Brunetts"

Chinese Springs
Fighting Brunetts
Nasty NASAs (Nasty? gotta have a second word to keep up with y'all)

With regard to Space X, we saw one go off last year during a baseball game right about twilight, really cool (now that we know what it is). Sometimes I can hear the rumble from those things from inside my house!

Cam
10-23-2014, 01:32 PM

what the heck is a Brunett??.....ooohhhh....ya mean Brunette!!!.....gosh darnit RC.....don't confucius me like that....your spellin' is horrendously horribly horrible!:D......"Fighting Brunettes"....hmmm....has a nice ring to it.....:D
Marble Falls Lite won't work....if anything, they're the Lites!...We usually whoop them boys......
And speaking of SpaceX.....another company, called Firefly Space Systems just bought 200 acres in Briggs, TX...just a stones throw from Burnet....looks like we may be having some rocket engines going off there too!.....

Rabid Cougar
10-23-2014, 01:51 PM
what the heck is a Brunett??.....ooohhhh....ya mean Brunette!!!.....gosh darnit RC.....don't confucius me like that....your spellin' is horrendously horribly horrible!:D......"Fighting Brunettes"....hmmm....has a nice ring to it.....:D
Marble Falls Lite won't work....if anything, they're the Lites!...We usually whoop them boys......
And speaking of SpaceX.....another company, called Firefly Space Systems just bought 200 acres in Briggs, TX...just a stones throw from Burnet....looks like we may be having some rocket engines going off there too!.....

Our Rocket Motors are bigger than yours!

http://www.spacex.com/falcon-heavy
http://www.spacex.com/news/2013/04/12/falcon-heavy-merlin-engines

Just one of those motors is what they test in McGregor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=976LHTpnZkY

Also some other cool stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDkItO-0a4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t15vP1PyoA

Firefly
http://www.fireflyspace.com/vehicles/firefly-a
Sorry no cool videos of yours.

:D

Rocket Man
10-23-2014, 03:43 PM

Rockets, Rockets everywhere...................I like the sound of that!!!!!

stardog
10-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Oh, I like the "Fighting Brunetts"

Chinese Springs
Fighting Brunetts
Nasty NASAs (Nasty? gotta have a second word to keep up with y'all)

With regard to Space X, we saw one go off last year during a baseball game right about twilight, really cool (now that we know what it is). Sometimes I can hear the rumble from those things from inside my house!

We took the spring out of em so its just china
the nasa's are just bottle rockets
and call Burnet what ever cause we're a bunch of fighting mutt dogs !!!!!

Rocket Man
10-23-2014, 04:26 PM
We took the spring out of em so its just china
the nasa's are just bottle rockets
and call Burnet what ever cause we're a bunch of fighting mutt dogs !!!!!

Hey, anybody got some Raid bug spray, I keep hearing this buzzing noise..........

stardog
10-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Hey, anybody got some Raid bug spray, I keep hearing this buzzing noise..........

bottle rocket man - did you see the flag runners dash by (several times)

Rocket Man
10-23-2014, 05:14 PM
bottle rocket man - did you see the flag runners dash by (several times)

We need a bigger can........it's still buzzing.....

FB-fanatic
10-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Coug, I was at that game too, walking the fence on the Comanche side (my hometown). Boy did they blow that game; double overtime.

What did you think of the 6'-7" 235 lb tight end. Would you not have lined up and thrown to him about 30 times a game? Four passes total. He played two years of 6-man, then moved over to Comanche. I was disappointed in his effort at times, but they all play both ways. Thought he had a good chance to block a punt but pulled up. Supposedly getting some lip service from UTEP.

The first rocket test, I looked up and thought the smallish McGregor crowd was starting to stomp on the bleachers or something, then realized it was a rocket blast. I could tell the Comanche fans thought it was a train - a really loud train. The second time we passed the word as to what it was.

Cam
10-23-2014, 10:22 PM
oops

Cam
10-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Our Rocket Motors are bigger than yours!

http://www.spacex.com/falcon-heavy
http://www.spacex.com/news/2013/04/12/falcon-heavy-merlin-engines

Just one of those motors is what they test in McGregor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=976LHTpnZkY

Also some other cool stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDkItO-0a4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t15vP1PyoA

Firefly
http://www.fireflyspace.com/vehicles/firefly-a
Sorry no cool videos of yours.

:D

yeah...but our rockets have more thrust.....and don't come off the launch pad so fast!!!....:eek:

Yoe_09
10-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Robinson, to me, has just been inconsistent so far this season. You have blowout wins over people like Taylor (winless, but have played some good teams tough) and Fairfield, and then you struggle with Mexia and take one on the chin in the Burnet game. Could be a close game.

Rabid Cougar
10-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Coug, I was at that game too, walking the fence on the Comanche side (my hometown). Boy did they blow that game; double overtime.

What did you think of the 6'-7" 235 lb tight end. Would you not have lined up and thrown to him about 30 times a game? Four passes total. He played two years of 6-man, then moved over to Comanche. I was disappointed in his effort at times, but they all play both ways. Thought he had a good chance to block a punt but pulled up. Supposedly getting some lip service from UTEP.

The first rocket test, I looked up and thought the smallish McGregor crowd was starting to stomp on the bleachers or something, then realized it was a rocket blast. I could tell the Comanche fans thought it was a train - a really loud train. The second time we passed the word as to what it was.

Playing both ways makes no difference. He should dominate if he is that good.

He is an under utilized weapon. The catch in the back of the endzone was pretty sweet.