PDA

View Full Version : Boerne (6-1) vs Liberty Hill (5-2)

panfan
10-20-2014, 09:01 AM
This game likely decides the district champion. Greyhounds have been on a solid run with only one loss to Marble Falls, but have they really played any stout competition yet other than Marble Falls? Liberty Hill has two losses, one to La Grange and the other to Abilene Wylie, and has played a very tough pre-district schedule. This week's match up will be close, but as a homer, I'll go with LH by a TD. What do the folks out there think?

greendawg84
10-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Barney's keep rolling by 7 .

bag-o-chips
10-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Boerne always struggled with the slot t. Play keep away and it will be a Slot won by 14

LHPfactory
10-20-2014, 02:32 PM
We will win this one, Boerne is a Better team than Taylor, but other than QB, no where near as fast and talented.

I say by 3 TDs at least, Boerne has held opponents down pretty well thus far, but have played all passing teams.

Cam
10-20-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm rootin' for the Barneys!....they gotta keep rollin' right into the playoffs....where something terrible will come their way!......:stirpot::D

panfan
10-21-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm rootin' for the Barneys!....they gotta keep rollin' right into the playoffs....where something terrible will come their way!......:stirpot::D
We got to get there first! One game at a time.

Mojo84
10-22-2014, 07:46 AM
I think Boerne will struggle on defense to stop the slot-t. It's hard for them to simulate that style of offense in practice. However, I think our offense is starting to gel and will outscore LH in the end.

The other thing that concerns me is the Greyhounds don't seem to play as well on the road as they do at home. If they play with the same confidence and passion in LH as they do at home, it should be a good game.

Looking forward to a good injury free game.

Leopardfan201
10-22-2014, 07:57 AM
LH by 10 bcs I dnt think LH will lose by 21 points

panfan
10-22-2014, 08:00 AM
LH by 10 bcs I dnt think LH will lose by 21 points

WHHHAAATTTTT??????? :vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd: Is this texting engrish combined with who knows what logic??:crazy::crazy::crazy:

panfan
10-22-2014, 08:29 AM
I think Boerne will struggle on defense to stop the slot-t. It's hard for them to simulate that style of offense in practice. However, I think our offense is starting to gel and will outscore LH in the end.

The other thing that concerns me is the Greyhounds don't seem to play as well on the road as they do at home. If they play with the same confidence and passion in LH as they do at home, it should be a good game.

Looking forward to a good injury free game.

Ought to be a good game - and yes always want to avoid those injuries.

Pudlugger
10-22-2014, 08:43 AM
Ought to be a good game - and yes always want to avoid those injuries.

This will be one of the more interesting match-ups this Friday. I don't know much about Boerne except their record is very good. LH has the potential to make a deep run in the playoffs and must win this game to clinch the DC and 1st seed in the bracket. I think they will have a breakout game and win by 17.

panfan
10-22-2014, 09:22 AM
This will be one of the more interesting match-ups this Friday. I don't know much about Boerne except their record is very good. LH has the potential to make a deep run in the playoffs and must win this game to clinch the DC and 1st seed in the bracket. I think they will have a breakout game and win by 17.

If our defense continues to do what it has, and our offense can get out of second gear, we'll be fine. There for a while, the roles were reversed and offense was a scoring juggernaut, and defense couldn't stop a pee wee running back. Now, defense found their jock strap, put it on correctly, and has their crap together. Offense, well what can I say, when it is suppose to be racking up over 400 yards a game and it isn't, Houston we have a problem. Looking for the offense to find their jocks this week, put them on correctly and get out there and do what we already know they can. I think our Defense is going to limit Boerne QB to a low scoring game.

navscanmaster
10-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Well, I watched Boerne North Middle School vs Liberty Hill tonight since my daughter's youth cheerleading squad performed at half time. If the varsity squad is as unprepared to stop the slot T as BNMS was, it could be a long night for the Greyhounds. However, in another curious connection, her teacher's son is the starting QB and is a UT (SEC) commit, and is pretty impressive. Something tells me to go with LH on this one though.

Mojo84
10-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Wasn't there but sounds like the Greyhounds hung with LH a little better than some expected.

Mojo84
10-24-2014, 10:55 PM
By the way, is the streaker a LH tradition?

panfan
10-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Wasn't there but sounds like the Greyhounds hung with LH a little better than some expected.

Boerne played a tough game. Our best defense against Boerne's offense was our offense, we simply kept them off the field, and our defense made some timely stops. QB was accurate and it seems like it was going to be a track meet cause we would take a half a quarter to score, Boerne would take the field throw a couple passes and score. Turning point in the game was that fumble in the first quarter on the kickoff. That and the snap over the punter's head into the endzone. Greyhounds stuck hard and played tough on defense, they just got wore down towards the end. Good luck going forward Boerne.

Mojo84
10-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering how the safety came about. Didn't realize The Hounds fumbled early on. Thats the beauty of the slot-t and similar schemes, long sustained drives. Congrats to LH.