PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 - Sealy (2-5, 1-1) at Houston Sterling (2-5, 0-2)

Truthful Tiger
10-20-2014, 06:22 AM
Both team have played Navasota. Sealy scored 6 points late in the game, the scoring drive was aided by 30 yards in penalties by Navasota. Sterling scored 12 against Navasota, one TD was a kick return.

OldBison75
10-20-2014, 08:30 AM
I think Sealy will bounce back this week and win this game. If the Tigers can establish a running game against Sterling they will be okay. Don't get too discouraged Tiger fans, they faced a darned good defense last week and they will be okay!!!!! Sealy 35 Sterling 14

Truthful Tiger
10-20-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm going with Sealy, only because it's my hometown and we are playing an HISD team. We are very 1 dimensional, so I'm sure we will forgo everything to establish the run game. No clue who will get the load, though the odds are the QB. The banter around town is that there are a lot of disgruntled fans. Most fans I've talked with feel like we are playing small school ball where the coaches want to feature only 1 player.

Normally I'd agree with Sealy by 24, but hard to say when many of the starting skill players are unhappy. I may have to pick Sealy by 13 since morale is in the toilet.

OldBison75
10-20-2014, 09:59 AM
I understand your worries sir. What I saw was a group of kids that came out of the gate with a lot of spunk and then started to show signs of giving up after the Rattlers scored the second touchdown. The coaching staff seemed to be using the "limit the damage" approach of trying to keep the clock running by not passing after the end of the first quarter. It seemed you could see the players were discouraged by the play calling and it showed in some of the effort. Also, why did the big running back stay on the bench so long? It looked like he could have ground out some yards if given the chance.

Sealy has some impressive athletes that just appeared to not be playing with the drive to succeed that you normally see from a Tiger team.

Truthful Tiger
10-20-2014, 10:20 AM
No clue on the big #1 RB. They played him a lot the first game, then nothing until the game 6..

You did hit the nail on the head about the play calling. Game 1 was great, they had a balanced attack and were mixing it up, etc. Games 2 - 7, woefully different approach. I heard about half dozen kids quit during 2 a days, and another couple since game 2.

cougartino
10-20-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm a 1984 graduate of Sterling and saw them at homecoming on Saturday. Take the Tigers.

Scoop27
10-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Isn't this a 1 p.m. kickoff Saturday in Houston? and at what Stadium

Scoop27
10-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Just found it's at Barnett

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Sealy wins without a doubt.

I was curious as to why #1 didn't get the rock as much either.

Truthful Tiger
10-20-2014, 02:12 PM
I was curious as to why #1 didn't get the rock as much either.

Many of us are questioning a lot of stuff this season.

cougartino
10-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Just found it's at Barnett

Ol' Dump Barnett. Get a tetanus shot first.

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2014, 04:38 PM

Very interesting.

gambler1606
10-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Sealy wins without a doubt.

I was curious as to why #1 didn't get the rock as much either. We don't do what works. We have a RB by committee or thats what the Coaching staff thinks. I'm not going to count the 2 games we looked like State Champions ( Brookshire and Booker T Washington) so we have a High Octane Offensive output of about 13 points a game, while giving up about 35 points a game. I did some research and the last time Sealy was beat this bad was in 1984 and we were beat 70 to 0 by Tomball. I might have missed something in between, but I don't think so. This team doesn't compare to some of the talent we have had in the last 5 years, but I know they are better than the way they are playing and being coached.

Truthful Tiger
10-20-2014, 08:38 PM
We don't do what works.
As evident of the St. Pius game where the pass was working, but we absolutely needed to establish the running game instead and we needed to run our QB 20+ times on QB dives.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-20-2014, 09:04 PM

everyone knew Navasota would not even be tested in this district by anyone, but everyone also knew sealy sould beat the other 4 teams out of Houston, if that does not happen, then there should be a reason for questioning.

Truthful Tiger
10-20-2014, 09:07 PM
but everyone also knew sealy sould beat the other 4 teams out of Houston, if that does not happen, then there should be a reason for questioning.

Sealy should have won more than once in pre-district though. When 1/3 of your offensive plays are QB dives for about 2 yard per carry, something is very wrong.

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Sealy should have won more than once in pre-district though. When 1/3 of your offensive plays are QB dives for about 2 yard per carry, something is very wrong.

It may time for the school board to take a look at the coaching or the lack thereof.

Truthful Tiger
10-20-2014, 10:58 PM
👍 truer words have never been spoken

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2014, 09:58 PM
It may time for the school board to take a look at the coaching or the lack thereof.

is it getting that bad already? where there is talk of finding a replacement?

Leopardfan201
10-22-2014, 10:11 PM
everyone knew Navasota would not even be tested in this district by anyone, but everyone also knew sealy sould beat the other 4 teams out of Houston, if that does not happen, then there should be a reason for questioning.

Navasota will win the state title in division 1. They r the top team in both divisions. I think thr a touchdown or 2 against teams like, LG, Gilmer, Stephenville, argle

Truthful Tiger
10-22-2014, 10:30 PM
is it getting that bad already? where there is talk of finding a replacement?

Lots of talk. None of the players parents are happy, and that includes varsity, JV and freshmen. The few games I've been to everyone around me has been extremely displeased. The Coach has changed too much of the tradition with a losing record. The far off, upset look in the player's eyes is upsetting. Sad to see young men that way.

TigerPride12
10-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Sealy will win these last 3 games and finish 2nd in the district. Regarding the play calling, it has been very predictable. By predictable, I mean either a highly developed pass play that takes way long to develop, or a QB run. If Einkauf would be used correctly. He would average 200 in the air and 75 on the ground every night. The problem I have watching the play calling is when the cornerbacks are 10 yards off our receivers and we decide to run a 10 yard comeback route. THE SHORT/QUICK PASSING GAME WILL WORK WONDERS. Ask Barrett, the QB during the bulk of the Mitchell Era, how well it worked. If forces the corners to press up, which would THEN open up the deep ball. Play calling and personal has kept this team from being 6-1.

Truthful Tiger
10-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Sealy will win these last 3 games and finish 2nd in the district. Regarding the play calling, it has been very predictable. By predictable, I mean either a highly developed pass play that takes way long to develop, or a QB run. If Einkauf would be used correctly. He would average 200 in the air and 75 on the ground every night. The problem I have watching the play calling is when the cornerbacks are 10 yards off our receivers and we decide to run a 10 yard comeback route. THE SHORT/QUICK PASSING GAME WILL WORK WONDERS. Ask Barrett, the QB during the bulk of the Mitchell Era, how well it worked. If forces the corners to press up, which would THEN open up the deep ball. Play calling and personal has kept this team from being 6-1.

Amen! I forget the game, but I remember seeing a CB that was a few yards on the inside of the closest WR with his back to our WR. The CB did this for several plays and not one corner route or fade pass was called. The other team was giving away a free TD. There was another game when the CBs were at least 12-15 yards off, which is perfect for a quick slant. I'm think with all these coaches, one in the box would certainly be looking at the DBs, one at the LBs, and one at the line and passing information to the OC to make some calls.

My biggest issue with the QB is he is taking WAY too long to throw the ball. Several of the routes are designed for a quick hitch step and throw, but you can actually see him hesitate then he flushes himself out of the pocket and makes himself throw on the run. I heard these kids played 7 on 7, so I'm not sure why the timing is off on all these pass routes.

I personally feel we would have had a real shoot at being 6-1 if not for bad play calling, maybe 5-2 with the horrid performance against Bellville.

TigerPride12
10-23-2014, 06:15 PM
I feel like it is a combination of several things. Running a 4A offense is a whole lot different than a 2A offense so I think that's the problem now. Are the coaches capable of fixing the problem and adjusting?? Yes, I think so. It needs to happen quick though so we can finish out district strong and hit the ground running in playoffs. There is a chance of possibly going 3 rounds deep IF we play at our best. That includes the players and coaches. I hope to see a strong performance Saturday at Barnett to give our boys some confidence as we head down the home stretch of the season. As for as the QB goes, he can show very promising play at times, and at others it just seems like he doesn't feel comfortable. As a senior, and a QB for 2 full years now, he should be able to scan the defense and see that corner backed off so far and make a hot route of some sort and fire the ball out there. He has the arm to do so! This team can be good, if not great. It just boils down to the little things.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-23-2014, 07:59 PM
I personally feel we would have had a real shoot at being 6-1 if not for bad play calling, maybe 5-2 with the horrid performance against Bellville.

really? maybe give a little credit to the Bellville defense for sealy not having a good game on offense. looked to me your qb was always running for his life and couldn't make accurate passes because the Bellville d was all over him. just maybe it was a horrid performance because Bellville might have just been a better team?

Sealy should win out over the other 3 teams from Houston without a problem.

Truthful Tiger
10-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Luckily, we are both entitled to our own opinion. Our QB has been inaccurate and has run for his life in many games even when it's not required, as in the Washington game most recently.

TigerPride12
10-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Bellville and Sealy was an Evenly matched game. That's why the score was the way it was. There wasn't any domination from any phase of the game. Yes, Bellville did play good defense but the offense was just as bad, if not worse than Sealy's was that night. Both teams didn't play to their potential.

TigerPride12
10-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Former Brahma, no doubt bellville was the better team that night, yall earned that win. I feel like if these 2 teams played 10 times this year, it would be a 5/5 split.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-23-2014, 09:03 PM
There was 18 points scored that nite, if I remember Bellville scored all, even the 2 the Bellville offense gave sealy with the snap over the punters head. also bellvilles offense was not playing anywhere near what they are playing now in the Bellville sealy game. there is no way these two teams are even this season.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Former Brahma, no doubt bellville was the better team that night, yall earned that win. I feel like if these 2 teams played 10 times this year, it would be a 5/5 split.

No way, if you feel it would be a 5-5 split that's your right, but I would bet the bank it would be 10-0 in favor of Bellville.

Bull's-eye
10-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Bellville and Sealy was an Evenly matched game. That's why the score was the way it was. There wasn't any domination from any phase of the game. Yes, Bellville did play good defense but the offense was just as bad, if not worse than Sealy's was that night. Both teams didn't play to their potential.

Bellville returned 0 starters on offense & were not yet able to use their full playbook. Bellville's defense did dominate the Sealy offense, if not for a young & inexperienced Brahma offense, things would of been much worse for the Tigers. IMO, Bellville would win at least 9 out of 10.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Bellville returned 0 starters on offense & were not yet able to use their full playbook. Bellville's defense did dominate the Sealy offense, if not for a young & inexperienced Brahma offense, things would of been much worse for the Tigers. IMO, Bellville would win 9 out of 10.

good point, Bellville returns no one from offense and has really gotten better game by game on offense. great job by bellvilles coaches and offensive cord. to get all the new players to get to where they are, and getting better each game. 9 out of 10 bulls-eye? you accidently hit the wrong key?

Bull's-eye
10-23-2014, 10:37 PM
9 out of 10 bulls-eye? you accidently hit the wrong key?
No, the game was played in Sealy. I've seen too many times where the home-town Refs could change the outcome of this game.

Truthful Tiger
10-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Sealy might have an uphill battle today. I spoke with a family yesterday who said at least 6 starters are hurt, benched or not starting. Their son said very few players care because coaches have their one favorite player and everyone else comes a very distant second. They said a lot of the kids have told out of town family to not even make the trip because it's not worth the gas to come see them play. Sad that these coaches will set back the football program many years due to their arrogance and lack of knowledge.

speedbump
10-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Sealy just needs to hire one of the 2500 coaches that live there.

Scoop27
10-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Webcast
http://www.sealysports.com/Sealy_STSN/Broadcast_Schedule.html

957tiger
10-26-2014, 04:22 PM
Sealy posters should realize no matter what the Tigers do against Bellville there will be a response. But the numbers show that Sealy held Bellville to just 16 points. The lowest offensive productive since the Caldwell 3-0 win and the loss to Stafford 14-9 Defense did a good job for the Tigers. Bellville posters hate to admit that Sealy did something good. I hand it to Bellville, they've done a remarkable job getting to 8-1 during a rebuilding year. I hope they go far in the playoffs. Sealy will finish the season at 5-5 same as last year. And yes there are issues on both sides of the grandstand. Draw your own conclusions. Jimmie Mitchell was fired because he was perceived as being only concerned about football, strange behavior for a head football coach. New coach with new ideals and values gets hired and his public stock takes a hit when Sealy has back to back .500 seasons. Reportedly Coach Fedora after the Navasota game told the Sealy players he always hates playing the Tigers because they play hard and always put a good team on the field. No matter how you want to view it or how long it's been, with 5 state championship trophies in the case you deserve some respect. Other fans can act like it's no big deal, but coaches know how hard it is to make to a championship. Coach Fedora was acknowledging that fact. Sealy is known for many things, football is high on that list. Longtime fans embrace that fact and want to continue the traditions that made friday nights a special occasion.