PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Week 9 GOTW: Cuero (6-1, 1-0) vs Sinton (5-3, 1-1)

44INAROW
10-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Gobblers come into the game after the Bye week... Pirates coming in from the physical and close OT loss to the Bulldogs...

Should be a good game at Gobbler Stadium

Thoughts??? As usual, I won't predict....:wave:
Someone please set up a poll.. I can't figure out how to on my IPad.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tango
10-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Should be a great game. Will Sinton climb back in the hunt for District championship or will Cuero take another step closer to securing the title?

Dawgfan64
10-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Wish I could say that Sinton bounces back after a hard fought game but having seen both teams...Cuero has too much for Sinton to deal with and Sinton doesn't have the weapons to hang for 4 Quarters with the Gobblers. Cuero by at least 14. Look for another 300 punishing yard night for #20 Hopkins.

Dawgfan64
10-19-2014, 09:14 PM
I picked Cuero by 14 on the other thread but didn't realize that they were home...Gobblers by 21 and 300+ yards for Hopkins

GobblersUnite
10-20-2014, 06:19 AM
Several boys from the team were at the house this weekend and each remember the taste in their mouths after Sinton knocked them out of the playoffs last year. This game couldn't come soon enough.

Ranger354
10-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Sinton will come out scratching and clawing. Cohea will be back and he is a difference maker on both sides of the ball. Sinton by 7.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Sinton will come out scratching and clawing. Cohea will be back and he is a difference maker on both sides of the ball. Sinton by 7.Sinton had couple of chances in 3rd qtr to put that game away last Friday when they were ahead. With Cohea , Owens and Handson on the field for this game offensively they're going to move the ball downfield just got to finish the drives with points. Defensively having Cohea back in coverage and run stopping should make some stops. Owens i'm sure like to beat his old friends again, he had a good game against them last time. Sinton offensive line getting better each week.

Sinton by 7. This game will go back and forth like last time they played.

pirate4state
10-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Why is this game of the week? UGH!

Maybe they'll surprise me again and make this a respectable game, but Cuero is a TOUGH place to win. I'll give our kids one thing...they will NOT back down from anyone and they will keep coming at you! :wave:

Ranger354
10-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Yokum had some speed for sure... Wonder why they don't run that option more.....

Guess we are getting there early as usual and eating Mexican food. Any other good places to eat besides BBQ? I sure could go for a good chicken fried steak!!!!

gobbla4life
10-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Ruby's Dinèr is right when you come into town on main hwy . When you get to first traffic light in town , keep driving it will be on the left before second traffic light. Good home style cooking !

MUSTANG69
10-20-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't think Sinton wants a second district loss. They pull off the upset by 14 points.

Mr. Football
10-20-2014, 12:43 PM
This game is going to be great can't wait till Friday night. I'm thinking this game is going to go back and forth till the final minutes with Cuero coming out on top winning by 7.

region4fan
10-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Oughta be a good one

Footballfan2000
10-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Would like to see Sinton win, but it's gonna be a tuff game. When Hopkins went down last year in the playoffs that had a lot to do with the outcome in that one.

sinfan75
10-20-2014, 05:43 PM
This is the time of year Sinton starts playin some really good ball. Defense just hasn't gotten it together. Cuero by 14.

Snotbubbles
10-20-2014, 06:47 PM
This is the time of year Sinton starts playin some really good ball. Defense just hasn't gotten it together. Cuero by 14.

Smart man. I think you extend your correct winner streak, in Sinton games, to 2 games in a row. I concur too, the Pirate "D" will not contain Mr. Hopkins. And, Cuero remembers last year when he went down, causing a loss in playoffs to ya.

99IHSMustang
10-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Smart man. I think you extend your correct winner streak, in Sinton games, to 2 games in a row. I concur too, the Pirate "D" will not contain Mr. Hopkins. And, Cuero remembers last year when he went down, causing a loss in playoffs to ya.

Excuses are like a..holes, everyone has one. :dispntd:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Smart man. I think you extend your correct winner streak, in Sinton games, to 2 games in a row. I concur too, the Pirate "D" will not contain Mr. Hopkins. And, Cuero remembers last year when he went down, causing a loss in playoffs to ya.sinfan75 roots for Sinton but usually picks against them it's a win win type of thing.

tango
10-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Cohea will be back and he is a difference maker on both sides of the ball. Sinton by 7.

Sounds like he was missed last week. Gobblers are stills missing a few for atleast another week.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Sounds like he was missed last week. Gobblers are stills missing a few for atleast another week.All 4 teams banged up some, hopefully we all go into the playoffs healthy and ready to go. Would like to see all 4 face off against each other in playoffs, think that would be 3rd round.

MUSTANG69
10-20-2014, 09:25 PM
All 4 teams banged up some, hopefully we all go into the playoffs healthy and ready to go. Would like to see all 4 face off against each other in playoffs, think that would be 3rd round.

Now that would be something but it is a very real possibility.

Ranger354
10-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Ruby's Dinèr is right when you come into town on main hwy . When you get to first traffic light in town , keep driving it will be on the left before second traffic light. Good home style cooking !

Thanks we get to the games so early I usually try to eat before the games.

Dawgfan64
10-20-2014, 09:40 PM
Sinton does not have a game plan that stops Hopkins...I said Cuero by 14 before I realized it was in Cuero...Cuero by 21

pirate4state
10-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Would like to see Sinton win, but it's gonna be a tuff game. When Hopkins went down last year in the playoffs that had a lot to do with the outcome in that one.

He isn't the only weapon Cuero had then or has now, but I also seem to remember that Cuero couldn't stop our offense either.

buff4ever
10-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Gobblers come into the game after the Bye week... Pirates coming in from the physical and close OT loss to the Bulldogs...

Should be a good game at Gobbler Stadium

Thoughts??? As usual, I won't predict....:wave:
Someone please set up a poll.. I can't figure out how to on my IPad.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will predict, Cuero will prove to be too much for Sinton in this one. may end up a 17 point difference.

Snotbubbles
10-21-2014, 11:23 AM
He isn't the only weapon Cuero had then or has now

Yes, there is 21 others out there. blah, blah, blah. But, as #20 goes, so too, does Cuero. Period. He is one of the state's best RB. Power and speed and a pleasure to watch him run past or over would be tacklers.

Outsiders take: Yes, it's a team game. He is the team IMO. Yes, they win opening playoff game without him. A deep run? No way. Sorry to those posters who's son is a one of those 21 others. Just the facts.

Footballfan2000
10-21-2014, 11:28 AM
He isn't the only weapon Cuero had then or has now, but I also seem to remember that Cuero couldn't stop our offense either.

Sinton is not playing at the same level as they were in the playoffs last year. And before Hopkins went down Cuero was driving and Sinton couldn't stop him. Also Sinton got more opportunities on offense cause they were able to stop Cuero without Hopkins. But saying all that I do hope Sinton finds a way to get the win.

Snotbubbles
10-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Only chance Sinton, let someone else try to beat you. Cause, #20 will. He single handed (along with Ykm poor play calling) beat Ykm.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Only chance Sinton, let someone else try to beat you. Cause, #20 will. He single handed (along with Ykm poor play calling) beat Ykm.

Hopkins is a beast. More he run's, stronger he gets. He getting any D1 looks?

pirate4state
10-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Yes, there is 21 others out there. blah, blah, blah. But, as #20 goes, so too, does Cuero. Period. He is one of the state's best RB. Power and speed and a pleasure to watch him run past or over would be tacklers.

Outsiders take: Yes, it's a team game. He is the team IMO. Yes, they win opening playoff game without him. A deep run? No way. Sorry to those posters who's son is a one of those 21 others. Just the facts.

LOL bounty gate HS style...Snot says we should take out #20 because w/o him Cuero sucks :p Ready? Break! ;)

GobblersUnite
10-21-2014, 01:28 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BtlJOaKmwN4

Just saw some Gobbler highlights from the first 5 games.

Mr. Football
10-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Hopkins is a beast. More he run's, stronger he gets. He getting any D1 looks?

I'm pretty sure he made a verbal commit to UTSA

Gobbler Fan
10-21-2014, 01:47 PM

Yeah from those Highlights #20 is all we have lol :lies:

GobblersUnite
10-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Lol...that's a standard issued number for everyone on the team.

Snotbubbles
10-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Yeah from those Highlights #20 is all we have lol :lies:

Who else would win a 3rd, 4th playoff round or state game for ya? They will not be Smithville-like. Zech Hopkins and Alex Martinez is no Hopkins. Surely, you'd agree. And, they cannot carry it like Earl Campbell use to either. 50 times if need be IMO, like #20. You have some quality receivers, and Vernor is about 60%. Guess you could chunk it more. But there again, #20 creates those open receivers.

I for one, hope he stays healthy and we see the real potential of this team. Unlike last year, when he went down against Sinton. Hate hearing what could of, should of, but--didn't though, on here.

Gobbler Fan
10-21-2014, 02:37 PM
You can nit pick any team 'not smithville like?' what if they lost their QB who carries them? Every team is just that a 'team' and you have exceptional standouts on every one but every player has a job to do. Not sure what you're trying to say here but this game is against Sinton but thanks for your expert advice on Cuero's situation ...keep us posted :rolleyes:

Blue42
10-21-2014, 03:54 PM
D’Anthony is a game changer but the Gobblers as a whole are a good team. They will do just as well next year when he is off playing in college.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Like most teams, shut down the horse from a team, you increase your chances to win. Sinton's Handson, Cuero's Hopkins, Yoakum's Hights, IS #25. Not rocket science. Finding how, without getting beat elsewhere, is. Poor DC in this district.

44INAROW
10-21-2014, 04:23 PM
I for one, hope he stays healthy and we see the real potential of this team. Unlike last year, when he went down against Sinton. Hate hearing what could of, should of, but--didn't though, on here.

Just going to say that I don't recall all the excuses of should of, could have.. (by Cuero folks) But I might have missed all that though.. But by what you say, it would have been warranted since you say Cuero is a one-trick pony.
also, the people that are now posting from Cuero aren't the smart-mouth teen agers of days long gone...I think the Cuero posters have been informative and not 'in your face' like some other previous posters.

iFootball
10-21-2014, 04:51 PM

gobbla4life
10-21-2014, 06:28 PM
To me it's like this , in CUERO we occasionally get complacent with all the long runs in the past. Right now it's just good to be back in the talk of making a long playoff run. We respect each and every opponent we play each week , and on any giving Friday with or without your stud horse ( you can end up with an L). At this level losing guys has the ability to hurt you, BUT it also gives others the chance to step up. All of D15 will surely be battle tested by playoff time. Good luck to all , (TOTALLY LOVE TRXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL)!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

Ranger354
10-21-2014, 11:01 PM
Very well put Gobbla..

I think we all enjoy friendly compitition...

pirate4state
10-23-2014, 12:25 PM
I'll be happy to make it out of this game without any further injuries............

Johnny Utah
10-23-2014, 05:00 PM
pieRAT4STATE, the Pirates with the Never Ending S on the helmet will rise up.....lots on the line.

GobblersUnite
10-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Every team has injuries at this point of the season....I really think the team that can hit a different gear will run away with the win.

Snotbubbles
10-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Every team has injuries at this point of the season....I really think the team that can hit a different gear will run away with the win.

I agree. It's just prep's for an excuse following the game. Like P4S used last Friday.

44INAROW
10-24-2014, 10:28 AM
well, I know 1 thing - weather conditions shouldn't be any excuse for either team - it is GORGEOUS outside... wish this weather lasted 12 months :)

pirate4state
10-24-2014, 12:06 PM
I agree. It's just prep's for an excuse following the game. Like P4S used last Friday.

Not an excuse, just a fact. All I said is I would have liked to have been healthy. I didn't say we would have beat them. I, just like every fan, wants for their team to be healthy. We've been lucky in the past and not had very many injuries to deal with. This year it's like someone has put the "ojo" on our players! In the 7 years Allen has been here we have not had these many injuries to key players.

And for those that keep saying "well every team deals with it" -- well, yeah and I'm sure you've also wished you were healthy...

Safe travels to everyone on the road and GO PIRATES!!!

44INAROW - I'll see you there! Old Green - you gonna be around?

YTBulldogs
10-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Not an excuse, just a fact. All I said is I would have liked to have been healthy. I didn't say we would have beat them. I, just like every fan, wants for their team to be healthy. We've been lucky in the past and not had very many injuries to deal with. This year it's like someone has put the "ojo" on our players! In the 7 years Allen has been here we have not had these many injuries to key players.

And for those that keep saying "well every team deals with it" -- well, yeah and I'm sure you've also wished you were healthy...

44INAROW - I'll see you there! Old Green - you gonna be around?

Boy, I agree Pirate. Hopefully next week, we get one of top LB'ers back practicing. Out since the 2nd scrimmage. Get him into playing shape. Glad we have the open the final week. Get healthy before playoffs.

Footballfan2000
10-24-2014, 01:16 PM
How did Freshman and Jv do last night? I know Sinton 7th and 8th grade A teams came home with wins last nite.

MUSTANG69
10-24-2014, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=pirate4state;1833967]Not an excuse, just a fact. All I said is I would have liked to have been healthy. I didn't say we would have beat them. I, just like every fan, wants for their team to be healthy. We've been lucky in the past and not had very many injuries to deal with. This year it's like someone has put the "ojo" on our players! In the 7 years Allen has been here we have not had these many injuries to key players.

Well said. Ingleside has had the same problem. A couple of games we had 8 boys on the sideline not suited up. Most were starters. Last week we ONLY had 5 not suited up. It is not an excuse butr it does make a difference. The Mustangs will deal with it just as the Pirates will.

I can't believe I am actually agreeing with you.

pirate4state
10-24-2014, 01:53 PM
How did Freshman and Jv do last night? I know Sinton 7th and 8th grade A teams came home with wins last nite.

Freshman won 7-6
JV tied 6-6

pirate4state
10-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Well said. Ingleside has had the same problem. A couple of games we had 8 boys on the sideline not suited up. Most were starters. Last week we ONLY had 5 not suited up. It is not an excuse butr it does make a difference. The Mustangs will deal with it just as the Pirates will.

I can't believe I am actually agreeing with you.

exactly. I'll be glad for our bye week next week. Our kids won't be 100% healthy, but at least they'll get some time to "rest" before playoffs.

region4fan
10-24-2014, 03:44 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/180997

Sinton (5-3) at Cuero (6-1)

Hey, EJ!!!! Didn’t you say Sinton was going to make a deep run in the playoffs!? The Pirates are 5-3, what’s going on? Yes, I did say that, and I still believe it can happen. Sure, Sinton has dropped three games this season, but it’s been murderer’s row. On the Pirates’ slate: Rockport-Fulton, La Vernia, Rio Hondo and Yoakum. It’s been a bumpy ride, but Sinton has plenty of talent on both sides of the ball including defensive back Colton Cohea and perhaps the most underrated quarterback in the entire state in Tyler Handson, who has racked up more than 1,700 yards of offense and scored 22 total touchdowns. But it doesn’t get an easier for Sinton. The Pirates now have to travel to ranked Cuero, the favorite to win the district title. One name Sinton needs to know: D’Anthony Hopkins. The UTSA commit has been excellent the past few weeks, rushing for 200 yards in back-to-back games.

EJ’s pick: Sinton 42, Cuero 41

region4fan
10-24-2014, 03:47 PM
This should be a good game. Toss up IMO

Old Green
10-24-2014, 04:13 PM

44INAROW - I'll see you there! Old Green - you gonna be around?I'll be around. Moving slow though.

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2014, 04:52 PM
Go Pirates!

Sorry Cuero. I root for you guys virtually every week but just not this one. :)

44INAROW
10-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Freshman won 7-6
JV tied 6-6

looks like good, smashmouth football.... :)

Go Pirates!

Sorry Cuero. I root for you guys virtually every week but just not this one. :)

I understand Red - I usually cheer for our district teams, except when we play each other - and when playoffs start - it continues.. we'll support our District *unless we're playing each other of course

SAfe travels............ I'm headed home and then the game.... if any Pirate fans go through the 'back gate" - that's my husband taking tickets.. :)

Devine
10-24-2014, 06:01 PM
I always pull for the underdog. Although, I like both teams and it seems like Sinton is the underdog. SINTON by 1
Sinton 34
Cuero 33

1stnurseryman
10-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Cuero 42-21

Footballfan2000
10-24-2014, 07:49 PM
7-0 2:53 in the first sinton up

Footballfan2000
10-24-2014, 08:23 PM
20-0 one minute to half time

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 08:31 PM
27-6 Sinton 22 seconds before half.

Footballfan2000
10-24-2014, 08:32 PM
27-6 Handson take a kickoff return for a TD

Footballfan2000
10-24-2014, 08:36 PM
27-6 halftime

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 08:39 PM
This is a shocker here.

Footballfan2000
10-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Last I saw ingleside is up 31-14

Epicpirates
10-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Not to us! Don't let our record fool you... we dont play a pansy non district schedule like some schools do. We KNOW what we've got. Go Pirates!

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Not to us! Don't let our record fool you... we dont play a pansy non district schedule like some schools do. We KNOW what we've got. Go Pirates!LOL Actually it was pretty weak except for La Vernia and maybe Rockport.

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Sinton 34
Cuero 6

lostaussie
10-24-2014, 09:25 PM
This one a shocker.......congrats to the Pirates

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Now 34-12 Sinton

1stnurseryman
10-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Looks like I was close to the right score wrong team!! Lol

Footballfan2000
10-24-2014, 09:40 PM
34-12 fourth quarter

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Sinton 41
Cuero 19
5 min. left

Ranger354
10-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Just go to show you that anyone is beatable on any given night!!!

GATA Pirates!!!!

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Sinton 41
Cuero 26
FINAL

SintonFan
10-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Woohoo Pirates!!! :)

44INAROW
10-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Congrats Sinton.

rb585
10-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Someone want to predict 1-4 playoff slots for that district?

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Nah!! LOL

1stnurseryman
10-24-2014, 10:39 PM
If Yoakum lost tonite sinton setting in driver seat

1stnurseryman
10-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Well Ingelside actually

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Sinton lost to Yoakum, Yoakum lost to Cuero, Ingleside lost to yoakum, Sinton beat Cuero. Who's in the drivers seat? Nobody!!

nfcfan
10-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Assuming Yoakum, Sinton & Cuero win out all will be at 3-1 in district goes to point system?, so far Sinton is at +9, Yoakum -4, Cuero -5 i believe.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-24-2014, 11:00 PM
Here's District 16 D2 after tonight.

OG - 3-0
RH - 2-1
PI - 2-1
Ray - 2-1
WO - 0-3
Pro - 0-3

Halloween games. PI vs. OG, RH vs. Ray, WO vs. Pro

IF OG wins, it pretty much wraps up the district. Their last game is vs. West Oso.
IF PI beats OG, that puts PI, OG, and the winner between RH and Ray in a 3-way tie for 1st. PI has already lost to RH, but plays Ray in Week 11.
RH plays Ray next week. Finishes with Progreso.

iFootball
10-24-2014, 11:01 PM
Pathetic showing for Cuero. Sinton came to play tonight. Congrats to the Pirates.

sinfan75
10-24-2014, 11:01 PM
Ingleside ain't played Cuero or Sinton yet, so no tellin what can happen. Crazy district this year.

SintonFan
10-24-2014, 11:24 PM
Here's District 16 D2 after tonight.

OG - 3-0
RH - 2-1
PI - 2-1
Ray - 2-1
WO - 0-3
Pro - 0-3

Halloween games. PI vs. OG, RH vs. Ray, WO vs. Pro

IF OG wins, it pretty much wraps up the district. Their last game is vs. West Oso.
IF PI beats OG, that puts PI, OG, and the winner between RH and Ray in a 3-way tie for 1st. PI has already lost to RH, but plays Ray in Week 11.
RH plays Ray next week. Finishes with Progreso.

Just proves that no matter district OG is in, they make sure there is a 3 way tie up top.

Gobblerfan
10-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Cuero came out flat tonight and got their butt's handed to them. sinton played a good game.

Old Green
10-24-2014, 11:30 PM
I didn't get to make this game or even listen to it . Looks like it was a great game. Congrats to the Pirates !

pirate4state
10-24-2014, 11:59 PM
I told y'all we would come at ya! ;-) Very proud of our team. They believed in themselves and FINALLY put 4 full quarters together. Damn good game. Now we have to rest up and get ready to beat Ingleside. :wave:

Cuero go beat Ingleside!

Ranger354
10-25-2014, 12:46 AM
Thanksgiving turkey came a little early...

Need Cuero to beat Ingelside now!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2014, 01:12 AM
There was not much room for error like against Yoakum, if defense didn't cover the gap it was pretty much a touchdown and this time they did a much better job filling in the gaps coming up with the stops. Great job DEFENSE and Handson looking to be getting back to being dual threat, I mean quadriple lol, kickoffs and defensive back. Great job by the line again they're coming along every week to where they need to be.

One more win to get atleast a share of the district title for their 7th district title in a row.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-25-2014, 01:33 AM
Just proves that no matter district OG is in, they make sure there is a 3 way tie up top.

After thinking about it some more, I think all 4 (OG, PI, Ray, RH) have clinched playoff spots tonight. Progreso is Progreso, they're not going to win anything (pobresitos) West Oso plays Progreso on Halloween, then plays Orange Grove in Week 11 and will most likely lose that game. BUT, even if West Oso upsets Orange Grove to finish with a 2-3 district record, the only other teams that could possibly finish with 2-3 records are PI, RH, and Ray, and all three of them have beaten West Oso already, and all hold tiebreakers over West Oso via head-to-head.

So now, it's all a matter of how the top 4 finish to determine seedings/pairings.

YTBulldogs
10-25-2014, 02:22 AM
Nice win Sinton. This thing will be very exciting to the end.

Ranger354
10-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Cohea was back and just played defense. He is more then a run stopper. I think he brings attitude to the team as well and the rest of the team feed off of that. IF he would have played in the Sinton/Yokum game the out come would probably have been different. Good win for Yokum too and this thing ain't over just yet!!

I wonder why Cuero never Direct Snapped it to 20 like in the films I saw? 20 is a beast for sure!

tango
10-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Stats: http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/sports/games/results/football/sinton-at-cuero/5601/

Looking at these stats one would think the score was reveresd. Sinton came out played hard forced Cuero into mistakes and capitalized. Hard to say by stats that Cuero was flat as that was my impression watching the game it just didn't appaer Cuero was playing at the same intensity as Sinton. Sinton definitely wanted it more by what I saw. Have not seen a Cuero team play like this for a complete game under this coaching staff very uncaricstic. I guess in this case stats don't represent the true story. Rest of the district games will be interesting to say the least and playoffs look like will shape up to be an extension of district play.

YTBulldogs
10-25-2014, 09:42 AM
IF he would have played in the Sinton/Yokum game the out come would probably have been different.

Yeah, if we had our injured guys in there, might not of had to worry about Cohea had he been in there too. Good grief. You and P4S something else. LOL. Ya'll kin? Congrats on getting him back this week, and being good again vs. Cuero.

region4fan
10-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, if we had our injured guys in there, might not of had to worry about Cohea had he been in there too. Good grief. You and P4S something else. LOL. Ya'll kin? Congrats on getting him back this week, and being good again vs. Cuero.
:ditto:

pirate4state
10-25-2014, 11:04 AM
good again? I guess an OT loss made us bad against yall? LOL Please don't get it twisted. Your win over us was no cake walk. I'm ready to see all our teams healthy & I'm ready to move on to bye. Just what the doctor ordered!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-25-2014, 11:05 AM
good again? I guess an OT loss made us bad against yall? LOL Please don't get it twisted. Your win over us was no cake walk. I'm ready to see all our teams healthy & I'm ready to move on to bye. Just what the doctor ordered!

There's no such thing as BYE. You're still going to go watch a game next Friday. PI @ OG. No?

pirate4state
10-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Well hell....that is a real possibility. I was looking forward to Halloween though haha. Good luck!

There's no such thing as BYE. You're still going to go watch a game next Friday. PI @ OG. No?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Well hell....that is a real possibility. I was looking forward to Halloween though haha. Good luck!
lol I'm not passing up a Friday football game, PI/OG game for me. Cuero at Ingleside but OG closer for me.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Sinton averaging around 4 penalties per game, 3 last night. Have to keep that part of the game going into the playoffs and turnover ratio in our favor and should give Sinton very good chance of winning during the playoffs. District title goal still there.

bd62
10-25-2014, 12:12 PM
I thought Sinton did an excellent job of adjusting to formations and
had 8 in box when Cuero had Tight End overloading left side of line
"11 did a good job on cutting the toss sweep to linebackers. Then when
Cuero had extra receiver in game they adjusted to 7 in box. Cuero still
had there chances but hats to Sinton for executing a very good game plan .
Cuero will be ok just cut down on mistakes. Not much separates the top 4
teams in dist.

Ranger354
10-25-2014, 05:04 PM

We are Booster Kin baby!!!

I stated in one of these threads that I wish all the teams had all their star players on the field so there would be no complaints.. Sinton flat out beat a good Cuero team last night.

Congrats to Yokum on beating a good Ingelside team as well.

PhiI C
10-25-2014, 06:17 PM

Hey P4S our neighborhood will be crazy on Halloween this year especially since it is on Friday on a bye week. I will have lots of candy to pass out.

pirate4state
10-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Hey P4S our neighborhood will be crazy on Halloween this year especially since it is on Friday on a bye week. I will have lots of candy to pass out.

I'll be there Phil! We will have lots of candy and are planning a street party, so walk on over for a hot dog! :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Smart man. I think you extend your correct winner streak, in Sinton games, to 2 games in a row. I concur too, the Pirate "D" will not contain Mr. Hopkins. And, Cuero remembers last year when he went down, causing a loss in playoffs to ya.Both were right on some of it, sinfan75 posting "this is the time of year Sinton starts to playing some really good ball". and your part of not being able in containing Hopkings, he had 270+ yds rushing and broke off 3 long td runs but other than those runs Sinton defense held him in check and force couple of turnovers that led to Sinton points.

Sinton defense step up last season in the playoffs and they'll need that again this year to make a deep run again.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Looking at hudl highlights our side looked empty, small turn out.

Good size stadium and looks great, now just haven't seen the baseball stadium.