PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales (2-0) vs. La Vernia (2-0)

LV_Bearfan
10-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Gonzales fans have to feel good about wins over Pleasanton and Rockport-Fulton. It looks like they're getting the system down. This could be a much better game than many expect.

Snotbubbles
10-19-2014, 01:14 PM
I agree. Will be closer than some think.

LaVernia 47
Gonsalez 7

LV_Bearfan
10-19-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm curious. Did Gonzales do so well against RF's slot-t because they practice against it often? They gave Navarro a scare too.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Not sure, but--I think LaVernia pounded them (RF) pretty well prior to GZ game. Might of had some guys out.

LV_Bearfan
10-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Not sure, but--I think LaVernia pounded them (RF) pretty well prior to GZ game. Might of had some guys out.

Good point.

Leopardfan201
10-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Gonzales no match for la vernia LV by 32

Gontex
10-19-2014, 07:34 PM
I agree. Will be closer than some think.

LaVernia 47
Gonsalez 7
Has Znotz ever been right on anything? I doubt it.

LV_Bearfan
10-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Has Znotz ever been right on anything? I doubt it.
Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

Snotbubbles
10-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

Like us all. But, I been here all year. Not just after we won 2 games. Ate the crow too.

Corn Cob
10-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Lavernia wins this game, but I think Gonzales makes it interesting for awhile. Good luck to both the Bears and Apaches.

LV_Bearfan
10-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Like us all. But, I been here all year. Not just after we won 2 games. Ate the crow too.

Yep. Like us all for sure.

Hey, I'm glad to have the Gonzales folks back. They are the only folks in our district who show up on this site. I wish we had a little more participation by the others.

Snotbubbles
10-19-2014, 10:59 PM
Yep. Like us all for sure.

Hey, I'm glad to have the Gonzales folks back. They are the only folks in our district who show up on this site. I wish we had a little more participation by the others.

No disrespect. But, weak district. Not much to talk about when you might have 2-8 teams in playoffs. Maybe they chat in that site 9something site, down south. I left that site, when I seen Refugio wanting to play a 5A school. LOL. Just hope we get it back going come playoffs, with starters.

LV_Bearfan
10-19-2014, 10:59 PM
Apache fans. Can you tell us about your team? I think they are coming on at the right time. What has changed?

Snotbubbles
10-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Apache fans. Can you tell us about your team? I think they are coming on at the right time. What has changed?

District schedule started.

Gontex
10-20-2014, 05:12 AM
District schedule started.

For once, znotz may be right. Apaches definitely had a tough predistrict schedule. I think that the biggest changes are that the coaching staff is getting comfortable with the players and the players are settling in as well. I was honestly surprised at the start because there is lots of offensive talent on this team. Coach says they are using it all now and making defenses cover the entire field and not just one particular area. They are not relying on only one player (Ramirez) to carry the offensive load. From what I have seen, this game will probably determine the district champion which really doesn't mean much when you consider that four teams will go in. Don't forget the Apaches came on strong at the end of the year last year when everyone thought they would be one and done in the playoffs. Not surprised to see the Apaches as underdogs. BTW, znotz, how are those canes doing this year?

Snotbubbles
10-20-2014, 09:10 AM
BTW, znotz, how are those canes doing this year?

How about the old alma mater Gonzo? Doing well after opting up to their old 5A district. They should win district. 6-0 currently in district. They can't hang with the tough 4A's though. But, I say they are better now, then they were when we had several D1 potentials. I was told 3 off that team are still playing college ball. Last year for Coach Green. Retiring. Good man. I did catch them against Jeff a couple Saturdays back at the Rock Pile. Man, that RP is nice after the upgrade. Been a long time coming for the face lift there. Need a playoff site in SA, one of the best now in town. Took a tour, and everything is state of the art. Locker rooms first class. Some new high dollar field turf being used. It's all good.

bag-o-chips
10-20-2014, 10:12 AM
I caught them on Tv a few weeks back. Improved some but still the canes talented but never discplined to play a good team.

Gontex
10-20-2014, 01:28 PM
I caught them on Tv a few weeks back. Improved some but still the canes talented but never discplined to play a good team.

Caught a few plays of that game as well. Good to hear they are doing well in their new district. Coach Lock has the Cardinals of Southside playing well too.

Blue42
10-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Gonzo has improved but Da Bears will be too much IMO

YTBulldogs
10-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Caught a few plays of that game as well. Good to hear they are doing well in their new district. Coach Lock has the Cardinals of Southside playing well too.

I see he got his first L Friday in Laredo, to a Martin team who had not won all year. Bet the big man isn't happy. Not sure if SS every done this good in history. 6-1, it's a great story.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-20-2014, 09:21 PM
For once, znotz may be right. Apaches definitely had a tough predistrict schedule. From what I have seen, this game will probably determine the district champion

really? these are the two best in this district?

Snotbubbles
10-20-2014, 09:29 PM

Hey, we didn't form the district. Just play who they put in there. About as bad as Gilmers district.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-20-2014, 09:39 PM
I will say yall did played 5 decent teams in pre district.

LV_Bearfan
10-20-2014, 11:58 PM

How did Wharton look last week? Have they recovered from that 41-7 beating they took in the playoffs? ;)

LV_Bearfan
10-21-2014, 09:00 AM
How did Wharton look last week? Have they recovered from that 41-7 beating they took in the playoffs? ;)

Come to think of it, didn't they win your district last year? Were they really the best team in your district?

Snotbubbles
10-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Come to think of it, didn't they win your district last year? Were they really the best team in your district?

I believe so LVB. Weak district. I just hope we get back into non-district mode, by 3rd round of playoffs. This district is a killer.

Gontex
10-25-2014, 07:47 AM
Lavernia wins this game, but I think Gonzales makes it interesting for awhile. Good luck to both the Bears and Apaches.

This was a very interesting ball game between two pretty well matched teams. Apaches are much better than their record indicates. Took them some time for the new coaching staff and the players to get acquainted to one another. Difference in this ball game was turnovers. A good football team takes advantage of turnovers and that is exactly what LaVernia did. Statistically, it was a very close game something like 250 yards to 210 yards gained. Apaches took advantage of a LV turnover early and LV promptly returned the favor by taking a fumble 35 yards to the house. Apaches dropped another one inside the five yard line that was recovered by the Bears for a touchback. Znotz, your 47-7 prediction didn't come out like that. Proud of the fight the Apaches are showing. Could go into the playoffs as the #2 seed in the district.

LV_Bearfan
10-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Sounds like it was a very good game with some solid defense on both sides. The Apaches are coming together for a good playoff run. La Vernia seems to get a lot of timely stops and even some gift turnovers late in drives this year. Has to be frustrating for opponents when LV turns around and scores quickly.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2014, 11:34 AM
what was the final score?

LV_Bearfan
10-25-2014, 11:35 AM
what was the final score?

28-7 lv

Gontex
10-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Sounds like it was a very good game with some solid defense on both sides. The Apaches are coming together for a good playoff run. La Vernia seems to get a lot of timely stops and even some gift turnovers late in drives this year. Has to be frustrating for opponents when LV turns around and scores quickly.

Again, that's what a really good team does and the Bears are a really good team.