PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum (5-3, 1-1) vs Ingleside (5-2, 1-0)

99IHSMustang
10-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Consistent is the word that comes to mind when I think what it is going to take for Ingleside to win. That has to happen on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. When the Offense gets flowing they look really good. Thoughts?

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Yes, IS is going to be another tough one for the Dogs. 4th in (LaGrange, Cuero, Sinton, Ingelside) a row. District title hopes on the line. IS is solid in all phases.

99IHSMustang
10-19-2014, 01:30 PM
It was good for the special teams on Friday to get that 39 yard field goal. Gets the kicker some confidence. He has the leg and Ingleside may need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
10-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Yoakum has pretty good kicker, he was making it from 40yds out in pregame, he came up just short on a 39 yarder to win the game in regulation but seems pretty accurate.

Ranger354
10-19-2014, 04:09 PM
Yokum by 2 TDs

99IHSMustang
10-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Yoakum has pretty good kicker, he was making it from 40yds out in pregame, he came up just short on a 39 yarder to win the game in regulation but seems pretty accurate.

I was surprised to see the Coach bring out the kicker. He is usually pretty aggressive when they get near the red zone.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 06:23 PM

Yeah, he has issues with striking it consistently. He has 55 yard range. All he does too, is kick the entire practices. Great kiddo.

iFootball
10-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Yoakum by three scores in another high scoring game.

99IHSMustang
10-19-2014, 08:44 PM
I honestly don't see Ingleside losing by more than a couple of points if they lose. The two loses were less than a TD. They have faced teams with speed, size, and strength.

MUSTANG69
10-19-2014, 09:13 PM
A positive in Ingleside's game Friday against Jourdanton was a total of only of 35 yds in penalties. The Mustangs have been hampered with penalties all season. I think the Mustangs have had a touchdown called back due to penalties just about every game.

Dawgfan64
10-19-2014, 09:17 PM
Yeah, he has issues with striking it consistently. He has 55 yard range. All he does too, is kick the entire practices. Great kiddo.

That kick at the end was touched at the line or it would have been good. Once his leg gets warm...look for the ball in the end zone on kick offs.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 09:19 PM
A positive in Ingleside's game Friday against Jourdanton was a total of only of 35 yds in penalties. The Mustangs have been hampered with penalties all season. I think the Mustangs have had a touchdown called back due to penalties just about every game.

We will beat you in yardage here? :doh: We just make too many "not focused" miscues. And, let teams hang around after getting a big lead. Maybe this is the week we stop that crap?

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 09:24 PM
I honestly don't see Ingleside losing by more than a couple of points if they lose. The two loses were less than a TD. They have faced teams with speed, size, and strength.

Size and strength I agree. Not sure about the speed part. Maybe? Just don't see it from your schedule. But, it's nice having you think it.

Dawgfan64
10-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Ingleside has played everyone tough to this point but they haven't seen the speed that Yoakum can put on the field. If Yoakum eliminates the errors, they win by 14. Look for a high scoring affair.

MUSTANG69
10-19-2014, 09:25 PM
We will beat you in yardage here? :doh: We just make too many "not focused" miscues. And, let teams hang around after getting a big lead.

Hopefully the Mustangs have it out of their system. It will cost us s big game one day.

Dawgfan64
10-19-2014, 09:32 PM
The one connection (and I know this means very little) is that Ingleside played and beat Rockport-Fulton 49-48. Gonzales took down RF easily 42-14. Yoakum beat Gonzales in Gonzales 51-26. It's like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon but I still don't see the strength in Ingleside's schedule.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Hopefully the Mustangs have it out of their system. It will cost us s big game one day.

Hope both do. It's a killer. Helped cost us already a big one.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 09:35 PM
The one connection (and I know this means very little) is that Ingleside played and beat Rockport-Fulton 49-48. Gonzales took down RF easily 42-14. Yoakum beat Gonzales in Gonzales 51-26. It's like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon but I still don't see the strength in Ingleside's schedule.

Hey, we played Looling and Marion DF64. Not like, we played a LaVernia schedule. I think this one will be like the rest. Come down to last min. UNLESS, we clean it up. Hope they don't announce Sinton/Cuero score, unless Sinton is leading. LOL.

MUSTANG69
10-19-2014, 09:41 PM

The flip side to that is RF beat Sinton 65-53 and Yoakum only beat them by 6 points in overtime. I think it may come down to individual team matchups and the fact the games are being played by high school kids. I don't put much faith in this kind of historical statistics for these reasons. This game will be decided by who comes to play and executes.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 09:43 PM
The flip side to that is RF beat Sinton 65-53 and Yoakum only beat them by 6 points in overtime. I think it may come down to individual team matchups and the fact the games are being played by high school kids. I don't put much faith in this kind of historical statistics for these reasons. This game will be decided by who comes to play and executes.

:thumbsup:

MustangFootball
10-19-2014, 09:47 PM

It's all in the match up my friend...teams match up different, if we go buy your analysis Sinton lost to Rockport so that means Yoakum should have destroyed them but they went into overtime to get that win.

MustangFootball
10-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Mustang69 you beat me to that point.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 09:50 PM
It's all in the match up my friend...teams match up different, if we go buy your analysis Sinton lost to Rockport so that means Yoakum should have destroyed them but they went into overtime to get that win.

DF64 said, the one connection, means very little. Just trying to find something in breaking the game down. We both agree, it will be a solid, tough game I think. HFA means nothing here either, like in some places.

MUSTANG69
10-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Mustang69 you beat me to that point.

Sorry. Well good night folks. 5:00 AM seems to come earlier these days. Hopefully we can continue tomorrow.

Snotbubbles
10-19-2014, 10:39 PM
I seen Cuero/Ykm game. Ykm has some jets. More than most teams. Can't tackle, but they get there fast. :spitlol:

If the first quarter team shows up for all four, run #10 twenty times, not close.

Corn Cob
10-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Yoakum by at least 14.

Dawgfan64
10-19-2014, 11:05 PM
I seen Cuero/Ykm game. Ykm has some jets. More than most teams. Can't tackle, but they get there fast. :spitlol:

If the first quarter team shows up for all four, run #10 twenty times, not close.

In a year where the UIL has been worried about concussions and litigation...NO ONE CAN TACKLE anymore. Contact in a contact sport has been limited, consequently defenders take hits more than they deliver them. I was always taught that the person taking a hit feels more than the person delivering it. It held true in the 80's but things change. Break down, drive into the ball carrier, wrap your arms and drive them into the ground...it might not be politically correct but it will save you 3-5 yards on every tackle. You have to tackle when you get a shot at the back because every lineman is HOLDING like their lives depend on it. Coaches don't stop it because officials don't call it. It all combines to make offenses look very potent and defenses look very impotent.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2014, 11:10 PM
U might be right DF64. Sure don't tackle in practice. Hit and release. Play as you practice. Just like offense, to be good, you practice it. Maybe there is a UIL restriction on it? Not just here, "D" stinks now days, all over state. Compared to a few years back. It's all "O".

I had heard at state meeting, UIL even considered limiting amount of time you can have a helmet on in practice. They dern sure don't want those NFL lawyers down here with their high schools and them lawsuits.

99IHSMustang
10-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Size and strength I agree. Not sure about the speed part. Maybe? Just don't see it from your schedule. But, it's nice having you think it.

I don't know if anyone else has seen Rogers this year and can compare, but Rogers comes to mind. They had a very elusive QB that had wheels. They also had a big RB that had speed for his size.

99IHSMustang
10-20-2014, 10:49 AM

The QB for Ingleside will probably run about 20 times and is very elusive. Ingleside has some decent RB's to spread the load.

MustangFootball
10-20-2014, 11:47 AM
I was taking Ingleside by 2td, but after seeing film on Yoakum for now I'm gonna say Ingleside by 10 points. should be a good close game on the road.

Ranger354
10-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Rockport put 60+ on Sinton cause Sinton didn't follow their assignments and missing two defensive linemen.... Sinton also played them before most and most then watched the film. Much easier to defend after watching film, or I should say it is easier to teach the boys how to defend after showing them film. It would be nice if all teams got to play with all the starters healthy. The Sinton / Yokum game would have been different if Cohea was on the field. Sinton may not have won, but it sure would have been different..... He, Owens, and Hanson are just crazy good like Yokums 9 and 10.

I see Yokum lighting up Ingleside this week.

YT, I went over and talked with your Tunnel guys before the game. Always good to meet folks from the other side. That was one heck of a game!!!!!!!

99IHSMustang
10-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Ingleside has had it's share of struggles with injuries like all other teams, but there will be no excuses if they lose. Someone has to step up. Boy this will get interesting if Ingleside pulls what everyone would consider an "upset".

YTBulldogs
10-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Ingleside has had it's share of struggles with injuries like all other teams, but there will be no excuses if they lose. Someone has to step up. Boy this will get interesting if Ingleside pulls what everyone would consider an "upset".

Trust me, it wouldn't be an upset. IS has every bit of our attention this week. Your #25 read's well on the read option. Should be a great contest, and welcome to Yoakum.

YTBulldogs
10-20-2014, 01:04 PM
Rockport put 60+ on Sinton cause Sinton didn't follow their assignments and missing two defensive linemen.... Sinton also played them before most and most then watched the film. Much easier to defend after watching film, or I should say it is easier to teach the boys how to defend after showing them film. It would be nice if all teams got to play with all the starters healthy. The Sinton / Yokum game would have been different if Cohea was on the field. Sinton may not have won, but it sure would have been different..... He, Owens, and Hanson are just crazy good like Yokums 9 and 10.

I see Yokum lighting up Ingleside this week.

YT, I went over and talked with your Tunnel guys before the game. Always good to meet folks from the other side. That was one heck of a game!!!!!!!

Yeah, Sinon gave us a scare Ranger..

MustangFootball
10-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Injuries have plagued Ingleside all season long and going into this game we will be down possibly 2 senior starters. DE Aaron Gilliam and DT Jolie Deleon both a huge part of our defense it will definitely hurt as it showed being down starters in our 2 losses......if we lose this game there will be no excuses, as Ingleside has proven time and time again that they can hold their own even undermanned. they wont make it easy. that being said I still feel like we can win this game and that wont surprise anyone in Ingleside cause we expect to win every game, the only question I got is how the heck did we become the underdog in this game?:rolleyes:

Blue42
10-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Dogs win, should be a good one.

region4fan
10-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Why doesn't Yoakum #10 get the ball more is what I've been hearing. I finally went and watched them play Sinton. #10 had ankle issues on the sideline. Took awhile after halftime to get it warmed up. Has he been battling that all season?

YTBulldogs
10-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Why doesn't Yoakum #10 get the ball more is what I've been hearing. I finally went and watched them play Sinton. #10 had ankle issues on the sideline. Took awhile after halftime to get it warmed up. Has he been battling that all season?

Nope.

He looked pretty fast once warmed, huh R4F? Tre' has the quickness, Vonnie the wheels. Nice one, two punch I say.

MustangFootball
10-20-2014, 03:29 PM
:nerd:this thread has 40 posting and almost 4 pages while Sinton/Cuero has 12 postings on the first page maybe this should have been game of the week.

by the way this is my 900th post heck yeah 100 more and ill be in the thousands!!!!!:cheerl:

YTBulldogs
10-20-2014, 04:33 PM
:nerd:this thread has 40 posting and almost 4 pages while Sinton/Cuero has 12 postings on the first page maybe this should have been game of the week.

by the way this is my 900th post heck yeah 100 more and ill be in the thousands!!!!!:cheerl:
Congrats MF.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2014, 07:40 PM
After Friday nights game we just might be all looking up to Ingleside on top with 2 games to go. All 4 want to be crowned district champions and imo we could have more than 1 lay claim to it. All 4 look stout to make runs come playoff time.

MUSTANG69
10-20-2014, 09:15 PM
After Friday nights game we just might be all looking up to Ingleside on top with 2 games to go. All 4 want to be crowned district champions and imo we could have more than 1 lay claim to it. All 4 look stout to make runs come playoff time.

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen. Each week there is a game that could turn the standings in the district upside down. Anybody betting on how this district ends up would have to be crazy. One thing for sure, there will be 4 very well tested teams going into the playoffs.

YTBulldogs
10-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Get hot, all can make a serious R4 final bid. Maybe a district game rematch in the mix too?

Dawgfan64
10-20-2014, 09:58 PM

Mathis had 178 yards against Sinton...he looked pretty warm to me...Love to see him get about 25 carries against Ingleside. Really think if we can eliminate errors...the game is very one sided on Friday. Now if we don't go with our strengths and make unforced errors, then it's a toss up.

cboycansurvive
10-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Mathis had 178 yards against Sinton...he looked pretty warm to me...Love to see him get about 25 carries against Ingleside. Really think if we can eliminate errors...the game is very one sided on Friday. Now if we don't go with our strengths and make unforced errors, then it's a toss up.

I heard the QB from Yoakum went down in 2nd half with a knee injury only to return and have a great finish. He sure does not need to hurt that knee with such a bright college future in front of him. On another note, judging by like opponents Sinton lost to Rockport by 12, Ingleside beat them by 1. Sinton beat Jourdanton by 27, Ingleside beat them by 37. According to like teams, Ingleside is around 10-13 points better than Sinton and Yoakum had to go to overtime against Sinton. I look for the upset this week with the Mustangs pulling it out. Before you start saying that like opponents means nothing, I agree. Just thought I would throw my two cents in.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2014, 10:06 AM
I heard the QB from Yoakum went down in 2nd half with a knee injury only to return and have a great finish. He sure does not need to hurt that knee with such a bright college future in front of him. On another note, judging by like opponents Sinton lost to Rockport by 12, Ingleside beat them by 1. Sinton beat Jourdanton by 27, Ingleside beat them by 37. According to like teams, Ingleside is around 10-13 points better than Sinton and Yoakum had to go to overtime against Sinton. I look for the upset this week with the Mustangs pulling it out. Before you start saying that like opponents means nothing, I agree. Just thought I would throw my two cents in.

:thumbsup: Toughest opponent to date for us IMO. #25 runs the read option very well. Their OL standing up at snap is odd, and could cause some issues.

Footballfan2000
10-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Dogs win this one by 2 TDs

bd62
10-21-2014, 11:47 AM

If you use that reasoning then Ingleside beat Rockport by 1 point.
Gonzales beat Rockport by 28. Yoakum beat Gonzales by 25.
That's why comparing scores don't mean much. Ingleside is playing
well and Yoakum is playing well so it should be a good game.

MustangFootball
10-21-2014, 11:49 AM
I looked at it the same way as another angle, although what some might think the district might be determined on the out come of the Sinton/Cuero match up as a possible 3 way tie I know most Sinton folks can agree what Ingleside brings to the table even when taking hits at graduation......I don't think Ingleside takes a back seat to Sinton this year but both of those Sinton games where on the road and Ingleside played those two games at home so that might factor into those game in some way....also both of Ingleside's losses were on the road but I don't think that was the reason for the losses it was more us not being healthy and sitting a lot of players out and getting ready for district play....injuries have plague these 2 teams and that makes it hard to compare. there are many factors that play into these 2 teams and hard to say how things will turn out Friday night. Yoakum is a very good team with speed and athletes all over the field and that makes them dangerous, I was gonna say they remind me of a Refugio type of team trying to compare them to recent games we've played, but to me they remind me a lot of Wharton when they had Bartee Grissom "I hope I didn't butcher his name" but that QB was tough, really quick very elusive. I cant wait for this game it should a good one.:clap:

YTBulldogs
10-21-2014, 11:58 AM
If you use that reasoning then Ingleside beat Rockport by 1 point.
Gonzales beat Rockport by 28. Yoakum beat Gonzales by 25.
That's why comparing scores don't mean much. Ingleside is playing
well and Yoakum is playing well so it should be a good game.

BD, I think you'll agree here. Regards to Yoakum, non-district outcomes not a good measuring stick for comparing Yoakum, in what you'll see in district play. We play all, often run 8+ different ball carriers, and try to really gain depth at positions in ND games. More than most teams I mean. All try to gain it. We gotta have depth. We have learned, you better have depth, due to often being one of the smallest teams in districts over the years, and injury's really effect us more than most teams, when we sustain them.

pancho villa
10-21-2014, 01:31 PM
How are my women doing this week?

Blue42
10-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Congrats MF.

Man the language on this thread.

Blue42
10-21-2014, 03:43 PM

That’s what I heard him say when he went past the barnyard.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2014, 04:10 PM

:thumbsup:

MustangFootball
10-21-2014, 04:31 PM
depending on what time I get out of work? might go eat in the area any suggestions on what Yoakum has to offer for the belt area.:p

44INAROW
10-21-2014, 04:35 PM
This is the craziest thing I've ever seen. Each week there is a game that could turn the standings in the district upside down. Anybody betting on how this district ends up would have to be crazy. One thing for sure, there will be 4 very well tested teams going into the playoffs.

Amen - we've been saying all along that D15 is going to be a good race.. Can't afford to have a bad night....

44INAROW
10-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Man the language on this thread.

I am ROFL I thought the same thing =- until I saw who he was replying too.. Guess that tells something about US huh? lol

YTBulldogs
10-21-2014, 04:49 PM
I am ROFL I thought the same thing =- until I saw who he was replying too.. Guess that tells something about US huh? lol

Sorry. LOL. Maybe I better type out the entire name next time, huh 44?

99IHSMustang
10-22-2014, 08:48 AM
This thing almost went to page two :1omg!:

YTBulldogs
10-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Has ya'lls starburst kickoff ever been flagged? I noticed in games, the ball is pitched forward, to the set up guy, beginning the burst.

bd62
10-22-2014, 09:49 AM
BD, I think you'll agree here. Regards to Yoakum, non-district outcomes not a good measuring stick for comparing Yoakum, in what you'll see in district play. We play all, often run 8+ different ball carriers, and try to really gain depth at positions in ND games. More than most teams I mean. All try to gain it. We gotta have depth. We have learned, you better have depth, due to often being one of the smallest teams in districts over the years, and injury's really effect us more than most teams, when we sustain them.

Not the Gonzales game. Other non dist game yes.Those kids and coaches wanted that game bad. They had been beat 4 yrs in row.
They started slow but then they played great scoring 38 unanswered points.
"9 ,"10, and "33 did all the damage. Around 450 rushing. Total dominate second
half. 21 points on first 3 series on about 6 plays total. Gonzo had about 3 first downs
2 half. Good example of how explosive Yoakum can be. I was at the game and when they
turn it on all I could think was Wow I never seen Yoakum with that much speed.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Not the Gonzales game. Other non dist game yes.Those kids and coaches wanted that game bad. They had been beat 4 yrs in row.
They started slow but then they played great scoring 38 unanswered points.
"9 ,"10, and "33 did all the damage. Around 450 rushing. Total dominate second
half. 21 points on first 3 series on about 6 plays total. Gonzo had about 3 first downs
2 half. Good example of how explosive Yoakum can be. I was at the game and when they
turn it on all I could think was Wow I never seen Yoakum with that much speed.

IMO, our fastest backfield in many years. With Vonnie and Tre back there, hard to single out a player.

99IHSMustang
10-22-2014, 12:07 PM
Has ya'lls starburst kickoff ever been flagged? I noticed in games, the ball is pitched forward, to the set up guy, beginning the burst.

At the games that I have been to, I have never seen it flagged. The pitch has always looked lateral to me, but I haven't paid attention to every instance.

MustangFootball
10-22-2014, 04:11 PM
okay from what I can tell it appears to have parking on both sides not sure if the parking lot by what looks to be the tax office is open for parking during the game there's a big blue building I think its the Gymnasium that has a good parking lot.....I would think that's where the visitors parking lot would be, can someone clear that up please? the visitors side looks to be small or maybe the home side is huge should I get there early or will there be plenty of seating, watching film on Yoakum/Cuero Cuero seem to fit just fine and Cuero from what I remember always seem to have a good following so it think we will be fine as far as seating. should be a good game cant wait I'm counting down the days.

MUSTANG69
10-22-2014, 04:32 PM

I have attended all of Ingleside's games this year and I can't recall it ever being flagged.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2014, 04:45 PM
I have attended all of Ingleside's games this year and I can't recall it ever being flagged.

Yeah, I didn't notice it being called in the one's I viewed either.

bd62
10-22-2014, 05:42 PM
okay from what I can tell it appears to have parking on both sides not sure if the parking lot by what looks to be the tax office is open for parking during the game there's a big blue building I think its the Gymnasium that has a good parking lot.....I would think that's where the visitors parking lot would be, can someone clear that up please? the visitors side looks to be small or maybe the home side is huge should I get there early or will there be plenty of seating, watching film on Yoakum/Cuero Cuero seem to fit just fine and Cuero from what I remember always seem to have a good following so it think we will be fine as far as seating. should be a good game cant wait I'm counting down the days.

You can park in the area on North side of Visitors stands close to visitors gate..Or park in the parking lot by
Blue Gym. 1500 visitors side 3500 home.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2014, 05:58 PM
You can park in the area on North side of Visitors stands close to visitors gate..Or park in the parking lot by
Blue Gym. 1500 visitors side 3500 home.I like the field when Sinton played there 3 yrs ago, nice cozy stadium. Good game indeed Ingleside always in the mix even when its suppose to be a rebuilding year.

MustangFootball
10-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Blue Gym. 1500 visitors side 3500 home.
good deal ill try in park by the visitors gate, but it was hard to tell from Google maps what was there. the gym parking looks plentiful and not to far away, yeah the visitors stands look about half the size of the home stands. but I think the home stands just look big.....Ingleside fans usually travel well but its hard to say who's gonna make the drive. I might get there and we only fill up half.

MUSTANG69
10-23-2014, 09:28 AM
good deal ill try in park by the visitors gate, but it was hard to tell from Google maps what was there. the gym parking looks plentiful and not to far away, yeah the visitors stands look about half the size of the home stands. but I think the home stands just look big.....Ingleside fans usually travel well but its hard to say who's gonna make the drive. I might get there and we only fill up half.

I don't see a big crowd from Ingleside making this game. Some folks won't be able to get off work in time to make a 2 hour drive. Also, the fair-weather fans will stay at home because we are supposed to get our butts kicked.

YTBulldogs
10-23-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't see a big crowd from Ingleside making this game. Some folks won't be able to get off work in time to make a 2 hour drive. Also, the fair-weather fans will stay at home because we are supposed to get our butts kicked.

Your home town folks should stop thinking that M69. This game will be a battle. Padilla has it picked, as that too. I know the Dog's are preparing for another D15 battle. As we all thought, all the district games would be when this district was formed. No Friday's off. Hope IS fan's make the easy 2 hour trip north? What else you got to do on a Friday night anyways?

bd62
10-23-2014, 09:41 AM

Ingleside has done a great job this year after losing a bunch
of 3 yr starters. Also very well coached. Yoakum will be battle
tested after playing another very good team. Lagrange,Cuero,Sinton
and now Ingleside. All 4 teams that come out of this dist should do
well in playoffs. Usually have surprises in a dist like this and it
the time of year for that to happen. It you take a team lightly you lose.

MUSTANG69
10-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Your home town folks should stop thinking that M69. This game will be a battle. Padilla has it picked, as that too. I know the Dog's are preparing for another D15 battle. As we all thought, all the district games would be when this district was formed. No Friday's off. Hope IS fan's make the easy 2 hour trip north? What else you got to do on a Friday night anyways?

I agree 100% but sometimes folks just don't do what they should do. I would expect about 500 people will show up but I hope I am wrong and there is more.

YTBulldogs
10-23-2014, 10:08 AM
I agree 100% but sometimes folks just don't do what they should do. I would expect about 500 people will show up but I hope I am wrong and there is more.

I bet they will be more vocal than our crowd. As DF64 notes, Yoakum fan's are like an oil painting. When I hear them clap, I think I'm at the Master's. Golf clapping. They get their frenzy fix once a year, Cuero. I think that's why we play good on the road. Boy's notice it too. Just not a football town, like most small communities. Sad, they got one of our best team's in quite awhile.

MUSTANG69
10-23-2014, 12:51 PM
I bet they will be more vocal than our crowd. As DF64 notes, Yoakum fan's are like an oil painting. When I hear them clap, I think I'm at the Master's. Golf clapping. They get their frenzy fix once a year, Cuero. I think that's why we play good on the road. Boy's notice it too. Just not a football town, like most small communities. Sad, they got one of our best team's in quite awhile.

I think you can count on us being loud.:)

MustangFootball
10-23-2014, 03:00 PM
its hit and miss on the road with our fans for a while there we were traveling well many time out numbering the home crowds but this game might be to far for some it not being a playoff game..... but yeah I use to say we had the biggest and quietest crowd around only cheering on touchdowns and big plays and not so much in between to let the players know they are there, I remember one year we played Cuero in the playoff at hero stadium in SA and we made the mistake of chanting GO Big Blue and Cuero came back with the loudest Go Mean Green I had ever heard I have to say that was amazing and let everyone know they were in the house really awesome to see ......I have to say this year the home games are different the student section came alive and the player love it....that really help us in the Rockport game, last home game we had kids crowd surfing all the way up to the top of the bleachers. they are definitely the 12th man at home games this year, "and before anyone says anything I'm not an Aggie fan I'm a Tech fan so yes it hurt saying that." that's why I kind of wish this game was at home instead of on the road cause we are gonna need all the help we can get.

YTBulldogs
10-23-2014, 03:21 PM
its hit and miss on the road with our fans for a while there we were traveling well many time out numbering the home crowds but this game might be to far for some it not being a playoff game..... but yeah I use to say we had the biggest and quietest crowd around only cheering on touchdowns and big plays and not so much in between to let the players know they are there, I remember one year we played Cuero in the playoff at hero stadium in SA and we made the mistake of chanting GO Big Blue and Cuero came back with the loudest Go Mean Green I had ever heard I have to say that was amazing and let everyone know they were in the house really awesome to see ......I have to say this year the home games are different the student section came alive and the player love it....that really help us in the Rockport game, last home game we had kids crowd surfing all the way up to the top of the bleachers. they are definitely the 12th man at home games this year, "and before anyone says anything I'm not an Aggie fan I'm a Tech fan so yes it hurt saying that." that's why I kind of wish this game was at home instead of on the road cause we are gonna need all the help we can get.

Only time I've heard Cuero fan's out yelled, was in Huntsville, like around 2009, vs. Gilmer on a very cold night. Gilmer's entire fan base was involved on every yell. Really neat to witness from Cuero stands.

cboycansurvive
10-23-2014, 03:36 PM

Despite being in the playoffs for 10 years in a row, I would say that Ingleside is not a football town as well. The games at Seguin and Kingsville had very poor turnouts. The coach has wanted turf for years only to be shot down time after time. The best way to put it is Ingleside is a town with a good football team not a football town like Cuero and Refugio.

YTBulldogs
10-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Ingleside is a town with a good football team not a football town like Cuero and Refugio.

Not many are in my travels around. In those communities you mentioned, fan's are born and expected to be hardcore supporters IMO. Least the fan's I know from them two towns.

region4fan
10-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Will this be on the radio?

MustangFootball
10-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Only time I've heard Cuero fan's out yelled, was in Huntsville, like around 2009, vs. Gilmer on a very cold night. Gilmer's entire fan base was involved on every yell. Really neat to witness from Cuero stands.

Yeah we lost to Cuero the game before that in the quarter finals, that Cuero game I think was in Victoria don't remember now but they beat us like 44-28 or 43-27 something like that... But they lost the next week to Gilmer by 1 point I think if my mind serves me right, any how that 2009 Ingleside team was probably my favorite or one of my favorite teams in recent history. Really good team.... Ingleside still has a lot of old timers that still show up to the game, I talk to my uncle who tells me about those days when Ingleside made those runs to the championship game in 62 and 64 only come up short....it just feels good these days to be a winning team again and not be someone else's homecoming game. Ingleside has not finished worse than 2nd in district in the last 10 years with 5 district championships 3 shared. I like our new district, it will be tough but it will get teams ready for playoffs.

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Game day!!! Hoping for an injury free game on both sides of the ball.

MustangFootball
10-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Game Day is definitely my favorite day of the week. safe travels Mustang fans and also to you Yoakum Faithful coming back home to cheer on your Bulldogs be careful on the road.

region4fan
10-24-2014, 09:23 AM
How did the sub varsity do?

YTBulldogs
10-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Will this be on the radio?

Radio: KYKM, 94.3 FM. Internet: texasthunderradio.com.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2014, 09:32 AM
How did the sub varsity do?

Jv lost to west by 5 and 9th won against IS by 1. 7th & 8th beat jourdanton.

region4fan
10-24-2014, 09:52 AM
Radio: KYKM, 94.3 FM. Internet: texasthunderradio.com.

Website shows St Paul game and Hallettsville game.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Website shows St Paul game and Hallettsville game.

Ok. Guess they don't broadcast home games.

MUSTANG69
10-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Eating places?

YTBulldogs
10-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Couple Mexican places downtown. The Gin for burgers, chicken strips. Or, stop at Ruby's in Cuero, near the railroad tracks you cross. Should be crowed though. We not blessed with restaurants.

MUSTANG69
10-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Couple Mexican places downtown. The Gin for burgers, chicken strips. Or, stop at Ruby's in Cuero, near the railroad tracks you cross. Should be crowed though. We not blessed with restaurants.

Thanks

44INAROW
10-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks

yes, no idea how crowded Ruby's will be - but it's good food.. in Yoakum, we like the Mexican food place - YTB - help me out - not the place that used to be Mi CAsa but the other one across the street. Very good in my opinion...

region4fan
10-24-2014, 03:48 PM
I may have to take the drive North to watch this one.

region4fan
10-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Yoakum by 10

Devine
10-24-2014, 06:08 PM
respect for both teams but Yoakum by 1 TD

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 07:33 PM
QB throws 87 yd TD. Ingle 7 Yo 0

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Ingle recovers onside kick

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Yoakum scores on 10 yd pass TD. Ingle 7 Yoakum 6

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Xp missed

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Ingleside returns 75 yd kick for TD. Xp made. Ingle 14 Yoakum 6

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Ingle recovers onside

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Ingle goes for fg and nails it. Ingleside 17 Yoakum 6

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 08:06 PM
End of 1st. Ingle 17 Yoakum 6

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Ingleside QB takes 15 yd draw for td. Xp good. Ingleside 24 Yoakum 6

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Yoakum QB runs in 6 yd TD. Two point good. Ingle 24 Yoakum 14

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Ingleside QB takes 4 yd run in for TD. Ingle 31 Yoakum 14

Devine
10-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Ingleside QB takes 4 yd run in for TD. Ingle 31 Yoakum 14

I did not see this coming.

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Yoakum scores on 10 yd TD pass. Xp good. Ingleside 31 Yaokum 21

Footballfan2000
10-24-2014, 08:38 PM
27-6 halftime Sinton up

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Argyle 35
Dallas Carter 0

halftime

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 08:47 PM
These refs are horrible

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Halftime: Ingleside 31 Yoakum 21

Saggy Aggie
10-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Dayum!

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 09:23 PM
Yoakum RB scores on 7 yd TD. Xp made. Ingleside 31 Yoakum 28

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Ingle RB runs in 3 yd TD. Xp made. Ingleside 38 Yoakum 28

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Yoakum QB takes in 10 yd td. Ingleside 38 Yoakum 35

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Yoakum recovers onside kick

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 09:45 PM
Ingleside recovers Yoakum fublem and scores plays later on a 10 yd TD run. Xp good. Ingleside 45 Yoakum 35

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Yoakum QB takes in 7 yd TD. Xp good. Yoakum 42 Ingleside 45

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Time left???

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 09:57 PM
442 left

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Yaokum RB takes in ball for 15 yd td. Yoakum 49 Ingleside 45

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Yoakum QB takes in 60 yd TD. Yoakum 55 Inglesde 45

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 10:14 PM
That will probably be final

SintonFan
10-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Wow. Tough loss on a good game, mustangs. Yoakum is good.

MustangFootball
10-24-2014, 10:22 PM
I'm never been a sore loser and good game Yoakum but it smells like HOME COOKING around here all night long!!!! I'd really like to see the official flag count.

PhiI C
10-24-2014, 11:19 PM
Man anything can happen in this district on any given night.

99IHSMustang
10-24-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm never been a sore loser and good game Yoakum but it smells like HOME COOKING around here all night long!!!! I'd really like to see the official flag count.

No excuses, but one of the weirdest called games I have seen. Yoakum QB made it look effortless. Great come from behind win for the Bulldogs.

regaleagle
10-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Sounds like it was a real barnburner to the end. Congrats to BOTH teams for an all out effort under the lights.

YTBulldogs
10-25-2014, 02:36 AM
Yuck!!!! Both teams. Glad to garner a "W" in games like this though.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=214907&TeamID=249&SearchType=Teams

Appears the 4 playoffs teams are determined. Sinton, Yoakum, Cuero and Ingelside. Just seating to be finalized, next two weeks.

Ranger354
10-25-2014, 07:45 AM
No excuses, but one of the weirdest called games I have seen. Yoakum QB made it look effortless. Great come from behind win for the Bulldogs.

When Sinton played Jourdanton those officials were the worst I have ever seen. On a kick off one of the Jour players signals fare catch with a clear wave of the arm. I mean it was up there for a 3 count at least. When the ball goes over his head the kid behind him catches it and runs for 20 yards. WTH??? Those refs didn't want to hear any protesting from the Sinton sidelines. I mean are you freaking blind??? And the officials at the Sinton/Yokum game were not much better. That head official seemed mad about every call. And our (Sintons) clock operator didn't help much either.. That was funny...

Pudlugger
10-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Looks like Yoakum has hit their stride just in time for the playoffs with two strong wins in a row over Sinton and now Ingleside. Hats off to the Bulldogs and good luck the rest of the way.

bd62
10-25-2014, 10:19 AM

Victoria paper shows Ingleside with 19 for140 yds in penalties and Yoakum with 11 for 110 yds.

region4fan
10-25-2014, 10:22 AM
30 total penalties, WOW. Ugly

region4fan
10-25-2014, 10:26 AM
The refs were not shy with the flags thats for sure. That was a nice pic 6 for YT when they ran it back about 90 yards but roughing the passer erased that.

region4fan
10-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Yoakum by 10
Was close.

99IHSMustang
10-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Victoria paper shows Ingleside with 19 for140 yds in penalties and Yoakum with 11 for 110 yds.

I figured Ingleside had about that much before the stats were released. Ingleside at a point couldnt snap the ball without a penalty.

99IHSMustang
10-25-2014, 12:42 PM
The refs were not shy with the flags thats for sure. That was a nice pic 6 for YT when they ran it back about 90 yards but roughing the passer erased that.

The Ingleside QB took a hit on that play. I didnt see if it was late or not to be honest.

99IHSMustang
10-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Despite how the game turned out Ingleside played hard and it just wasn't in the cards.

Tejastrue
10-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Stats...wild game indeed. Throw in the penalties of 100+ for both teams. wow

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=214907&TeamID=5241&SearchType=Teams

YTBulldogs
10-26-2014, 09:31 PM
Yoakum QB was stepping forward before ball was completely snapped. Isnt that an illegal?

Yes it is. Can't be going forward at snap.

Dawgfan64
10-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Yoakum #10, Davontay Mathis taking the high road for a few extra yards.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/thom6481/Ingleside-118.jpg

YTBulldogs
10-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Solid two headed monster back there in YT backfield. Then, pop Lil' Garza up the gut, every few times. Nice photo DF64. Vonnie is certainly running the rock good. Keep it up one more week, then your little breather before playoffs. Glad to have those 3 in a row behind us.

Dawgfan64
10-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Solid two headed monster back there in YT backfield. Then, pop Lil' Garza up the gut, every few times. Nice photo DF64. Vonnie is certainly running the rock good. Keep it up one more week, then your little breather before playoffs. Glad to have those 3 in a row behind us.

Here is the other part of that duo...#9 Tre'Vontae Hights checking out his options before taking the ball to the endzone. Hights had 222 yards and 4 touchdowns on the night

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/thom6481/Ingleside-174.jpg

YTBulldogs
10-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Got any of IS #25? Dude was a beast and is very talented.

MustangFootball
10-26-2014, 11:28 PM
I thought we should have ran #5 Bobby Burleson more the kids a beast and his motor never stops.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2014, 11:34 PM
I thought we should have ran #5 Bobby Burleson more the kids a beast and his motor never stops.

I know one thing. Our D15 teams will be a force in playoffs. IS to me, has the best all around offensive team. None of the districts defense's (our's included) scare me. But, as I was told, ---those some potent offenses we been playing against. Seem's all the state games are high scoring now days. Just have to get use to seeing games end up 60-50 I guess.

cboycansurvive
10-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Stats...wild game indeed. Throw in the penalties of 100+ for both teams. wow

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=214907&TeamID=5241&SearchType=Teams

Let me clear up something. I talked to our coach this weekend and I looked at our film. We were flagged 20 times in the game. Of those 20, 7 were legit. Coach told me that he received a call on Sunday from the film review committee in San Antonio apologizing for what took place. The refs had a goal- keep IS from running with tempo. Yoakum's last three penalties came after the game was in hand. Here were our penalties- 2 on sidelines for being on field- white painted area where officials stand ( coach sent film showing over 50 plays where Yoakum staff was even further out on field), 5 holding calls 2 legit), 10 false starts ( 2 legit), 2 fair catch interference- both legit, 1 unsportsmanlike- legit. Never have said the refs cost us a game but in this case they did. Absolutely no doubt about it.

bd62
10-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Let me clear up something. I talked to our coach this weekend and I looked at our film. We were flagged 20 times in the game. Of those 20, 7 were legit. Coach told me that he received a call on Sunday from the film review committee in San Antonio apologizing for what took place. The refs had a goal- keep IS from running with tempo. Yoakum's last three penalties came after the game was in hand. Here were our penalties- 2 on sidelines for being on field- white painted area where officials stand ( coach sent film showing over 50 plays where Yoakum staff was even further out on field), 5 holding calls 2 legit), 10 false starts ( 2 legit), 2 fair catch interference- both legit, 1 unsportsmanlike- legit. Never have said the refs cost us a game but in this case they did. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Was the refs also blocking for Yoakum. 400 rushing and 125 yds passing. 525 yds total offense. I was at Cuero-Sinton game so I was wondering how
Yoakum could have that much yardage and 56 points and you blame refs.

Snotbubbles
10-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Was the refs also blocking for Yoakum. 400 rushing and 125 yds passing. 525 yds total offense. I was at Cuero-Sinton game so I was wondering how
Yoakum could have that much yardage and 56 points and you blame refs.

LOL. Must be an South Texas thing bd. Make excuses in a loss. Sinton poster noted: "If we were healthy, game would of been different". Or, Ingelside poster: "ref's really caused us the win". Getting old. Don't look at the fact your defense couldn't stop when they needed to. 400 rushing? Really, in just 48 minutes? Ref's caused you the win? That Ump sure cleared the way for #9 and #10 for the Dogs, huh? Suck it up cupcake. That's football. You so worried about the past, Hopkins about to rush for 500 alone on ya. Your still in it, stop before you lose your title chances. No wonder the coach acts like he does. Fan's want him too, crying about officiating. Sure he is on radar and is well known amongst the zebra ranks having a staff of morons and whiners. Cuero, I'm sure will have to beat all 16 out on the field in Ingelside. Having used both TASO chapters, please give me San Antonio any day. TASO across the state is short handed, maybe you cry baby's should join your local chapter and show us your abilities out there on the tundra? Talking about a homer bunch that would be. LOL. Hopkins just scored again.

99IHSMustang
10-27-2014, 04:36 PM
LOL. Must be an South Texas thing bd. Make excuses in a loss. Sinton poster noted: "If we were healthy, game would of been different". Or, Ingelside poster: "ref's really caused us the win". Getting old. Don't look at the fact your defense couldn't stop when they needed to. 400 rushing? Really, in just 48 minutes? Ref's caused you the win? That Ump sure cleared the way for #9 and #10 for the Dogs, huh? Suck it up cupcake. That's football. You so worried about the past, Hopkins about to rush for 500 alone on ya. Your still in it, stop before you lose your title chances. No wonder the coach acts like he does. Fan's want him too, crying about officiating. Sure he is on radar and is well known amongst the zebra ranks having a staff of morons and whiners. Cuero, I'm sure will have to beat all 16 out on the field in Ingelside. Having used both TASO chapters, please give me San Antonio any day. TASO across the state is short handed, maybe you cry baby's should join your local chapter and show us your abilities out there on the tundra? Talking about a homer bunch that would be. LOL. Hopkins just scored again.

Don't let your blood pressure get too high there bud. You might need to get that checked out at the rate your going.

Dawgfan64
10-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Penalties must be in the eye of the beholder because I saw that IS was not coming set on their motion penalties, they didn't get called for an illegal pitch on their starburst, and several other things were NOT called on either team. Stop whining. Both teams need to eliminate penalties...and from listening to other IS posters this is NOT an isolated incident...Y'all have been shooting yourselves in the foot all year. Better tighten your helmets and get ready for Cuero.