PDA

View Full Version : Godley hosts Dallas Lincoln

Gen.Pat
10-19-2014, 08:30 AM
The 3-4 Wildcats try to keep their Undefeated streak at Home going this week with another new Quarterback.

Bullaholic
10-19-2014, 09:22 AM
The 3-4 Wildcats try to keep their Undefeated streak at Home going this week with another new Quarterback.

Hang in there Gen Pat---it will get better when some of the kids heal up and they play some teams they can match up with better. Never any fun when a winning team like the Cats hits a slide, and as long as most of the fans continue to back those kids win or lose---they will be fine. Best of luck to the Wildcats this week---keep plugging along.....at least they aint ofer right now.....

GodleyEast
10-19-2014, 09:25 AM
I would really be surprised to see the cats win this week. Piss and vinegar are a missing ingredient for this years team. Add to that the health at the qb posistion makes it hard to beat anyone.

I have a feeling that roosevelt might be the last win we get this year.

I sure would rather eat my words here....Go Cats! RISE UP AND SWAT SOMEBODY!

GodleyEast
10-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Hang in there Gen Pat---it will get better when some of the kids heal up and they play some teams they can match up with better. Never any fun when a winning team like the Cats hits a slide, and as long as most of the fans continue to back those kids win or lose---they will be fine. Best of luck to the Wildcats this week---keep plugging along.....at least they aint ofer right now.....

The sliding will end, but it will probably be next season.

Gen.Pat
10-21-2014, 09:49 PM
The Boys got to circle the wagons and knock off Lincoln and set up to finish strong. We got another QB who has not played since last year on JV who I believe will be stepping in this week. We will see how much grit this bunch got this week. I heard at church the boys looked past Madison last week and it bite them in the 6.

Gen.Pat
10-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Where are our Wildcat fans at? Shawn Albright or Johnny Davis will be leading the Wildcats to a Victory this Home.

Gen.Pat
10-25-2014, 06:16 AM
With out Ian this Godley O in bad shape. LINCOLN hung 34 on us and we managed 13. Turnovers and short drives be the O wore the D out. LINCOLN got good speed on both sides of the ball and we had few answers. I guess if we cab beat Roosevelt next Thursday that will be our last win of the season.

Tough year of growing pains at Godley for Football. Curse you UIL for bumping us up 2 classes.

Gen.Pat
10-25-2014, 06:17 AM

Thanks

speedbump
10-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Tough year of growing pains at Godley for Football. Curse you UIL for bumping us up 2 classes.

You weren't bumped up two classes.

Gen.Pat
10-26-2014, 05:35 PM
You weren't bumped up two classes.

Yes before the realignment we were 2A D-1 now we are 4 A D-2 4-2 =2 classes in a single cycle instead of going 3A as we were told before the numbers came out.

defense51
10-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Yes before the realignment we were 2A D-1 now we are 4 A D-2 4-2 =2 classes in a single cycle instead of going 3A as we were told before the numbers came out.
4A is basically the new 3A... If a new class 6A had not been added, Godley would have been in class 3A along with about 90% of this year's 4A.

Gen.Pat
10-26-2014, 06:12 PM
Yes I see what your saying ,but when you look at the UIL numbers they used in the previous 2 cycles us and Tatum got the short end of the stick. We might have 488 at our HS yet we have less football players than the past 3 years. According to our Coaching staff participation numbers have not kept pace with current growth.

defense51
10-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes I see what your saying ,but when you look at the UIL numbers they used in the previous 2 cycles us and Tatum got the short end of the stick. We might have 488 at our HS yet we have less football players than the past 3 years. According to our Coaching staff participation numbers have not kept pace with current growth.
Wonder why that is, Godley has always been a big football town. Even in the mid 80's when we (Tolar) played them, they would have twice the players we had.

Bug Truck
10-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Glen Rose now the largest 3a school we missed 4a by 2 or 3 now well above that number looks like a short stay but it's nice to be the largest one time at least

GodleyEast
10-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Pat what used to be 2a is now called 3a. plain and simple.

4a is just a name.

GodleyEast
10-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Dallas Lincoln is AWFUL at football. Tells us where we are right now.