PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Week 9 GOTW: Stephenville (6-1, 2-0) @ Big Spring (5-1, 1-0)

Sville
10-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Ok lets hear it!

ccmom
10-18-2014, 03:48 PM
We are considering going to this one. Oughta be a shoot out! Both offenses/QBs are fun to watch. I don't know how many players BS returned from last year, but that team has got to be chomping at the bit to get another shot at Stephenville. It should be a good one to watch...and lots better than going to Snyder!! ;)

Smitty
10-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Where's the best place to eat in Big Spring?

DaHop72
10-18-2014, 09:07 PM
:lies:

We are considering going to this one. Oughta be a shoot out! Both offenses/QBs are fun to watch. I don't know how many players BS returned from last year, but that team has got to be chomping at the bit to get another shot at Stephenville. It should be a good one to watch...and lots better than going to Snyder!! ;)

toddg
10-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Where's the best place to eat in Big Spring?
You Jacket folk sure worry about places to eat!!! LOL!!
brown bag it, live a little!!

Sville
10-18-2014, 10:28 PM
We only brown bag it when go to Brownwood. ;)

slingshot
10-19-2014, 01:31 AM
I proposed a pregame GTG meal Al's BBQ on Gregg. It's good--very good ribs. I'm agree with ccmom--beats going to Snyder! Should be a shootout of a game.

Smitty
10-19-2014, 11:33 AM
You Jacket folk sure worry about places to eat!!! LOL!!
brown bag it, live a little!!

When I Drive all the way out to Big Spring......Food is definitely going to be on my mind!

slingshot
10-19-2014, 07:54 PM
When I Drive all the way out to Big Spring......Food is definitely going to be on my mind!Al's at 6 PM??? I'll have the purple cap with a big "W" :p...

bearbear78
10-19-2014, 10:20 PM
Albertos mexican food is one of my all time favorites

db8coach
10-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Albertos mexican food is one of my all time favorites

Alberto's IS really good.

db8coach
10-19-2014, 11:26 PM
You could always eat at the Settles. Or have drinks after the game.

D'Highlander
10-20-2014, 06:51 AM
1 post so far about the game and the rest are about food... good job guys... Give me Big Spring by 10-14

Caprocker
10-20-2014, 09:59 AM
1 post so far about the game and the rest are about food... good job guys... Give me Big Spring by 10-14

My one post for the week on this game... On another site that i won't mention, Our stadium was ripped all over the place. I want you can fans to know that our kids, alumni and town folks are proud of our stadium. Every home game big spring has played for well over 40 years has been played at memorial. The boards on the bleachers are flimsy but they hold. The bathrooms are outdated/updated but they work(hopefully). Our stadium is on the campus of Howard college. Our turf is great, our locker rooms are remodeled. The eating establishments in town are good. . It's going to be a big, fun setting for these kids. And it will be a memory that they will keep forever. I recommend a small hole in the wall mexican food place called casa blanca. Its on greg street just south of I-20. Not much to look at but clean and great eats. More than anything, welcome to Big Spring and let's keep this rivalry a classy one..Steer pride!

jason
10-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Big Spring scoring less and giving up more points than Stephenville this year.
People forget that last year's game was several uncharacteristic turnovers from being an embarrassing blowout.
Stephenville drove up and down the field all night with ease including on the last drive.
Stephenville wins this one too.

nobogey72
10-20-2014, 10:14 AM
I heard that DB8Coach pulled some strings and got this game moved to Thursday and will be on ESPN.

Sville
10-20-2014, 10:15 AM
i heard that db8coach pulled some strings and got this game moved to thursday and will be on espn.

lmao!

hollywood
10-20-2014, 10:17 AM
So far I've been given Red Mesa, Papa Chon's, Carlos's, Cowboys, Al's BBQ and Casa Blanca as places to eat. Any comments on any of them?

refereedoc
10-20-2014, 10:21 AM
McDonald's:crazy1:

Caprocker
10-20-2014, 10:24 AM
So far I've been given Red Mesa, Papa Chon's, Carlos's, Cowboys, Al's BBQ and Casa Blanca as places to eat. Any comments on any of them?

red mesa is a no lose for sure... mcdonalds is well, mcdonalds..

STUDMYSTRO
10-20-2014, 10:26 AM
I heard that DB8Coach pulled some strings and got this game moved to Thursday and will be on ESPN.

This post made my morning!!!!

STUDMYSTRO
10-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Al's at 6 PM??? I'll have the purple cap with a big "W" :p...

6PM sure is cutting it close to game time...don't ya think...lol

I am sure that I will be standing at the gate well before 6PM.

This game is sure to be an exciting one....I almost lost my lunch in the previous match up. That one was a game that will not soon be forgotten by either team or fan base. Which will just intensify the atmosphere come Friday night. Both teams are very good and capable of really lighting up the score board.

Smitty
10-20-2014, 10:48 AM
6PM sure is cutting it close to game time...don't ya think...lol

I am sure that I will be standing at the gate well before 6PM.

This game is sure to be an exciting one....I almost lost my lunch in the previous match up. That one was a game that will not soon be forgotten by either team or fan base. Which will just intensify the atmosphere come Friday night. Both teams are very good and capable of really lighting up the score board.

I prolly won't get to BS till 6:00, maybe drinks after game?

slingshot
10-20-2014, 10:58 AM
So far I've been given Red Mesa, Papa Chon's, Carlos's, Cowboys, Al's BBQ and Casa Blanca as places to eat. Any comments on any of them?I lived there for 11 years and go there on business weekly... I'm eating at Al's. If you want Mexican I prefer Carlos's--my wife prefers Casa Blanca, Spanish Inn is good too. Cowboy's is good but be prepared to wait 45"+ for your food. Red Mesa used to be really good--IMHO it's slipped. Papa Chon's is decent but not as good as the ones I mentioned. The Settles is really good but be prepared to spend $30+ per person. For drinks I recommend the Pharmacy Bar at the Settles--very nice place. I will pass on the drinks though as I have to drive back to Abilene after the game... Big Spring in a close one or S'ville in a blowout BTW--I'll pick Big Spring by 3, playing at home after a bye week to prepare, revenge factor for a playoff game they should have won last year, etc, etc...

EagleEye
10-20-2014, 11:01 AM
I am gonna go with the Ville in this one. Guessing a 10-14 point win. Big Spring is good but I dont think their defense can stop the Ville attack.
V

Sville
10-20-2014, 01:12 PM
This is just going to be one of those great Texas high school football games with big momentum swings, great plays by the play makers, in a great atmosphere. I plan on getting to BS by 5p and at the stadium when the gates open. I look forward to experiencing Memorial Stadium. I for one love the old school stadiums. I can already feel the intensity for this game.

Smitty
10-20-2014, 05:46 PM
People forget that last year's game was several uncharacteristic turnovers from being an embarrassing blowout.
Stephenville drove up and down the field all night with ease including on the last drive.

I can't remember, was it two or three fumbles inside the 20 to stop drives?

slingshot
10-20-2014, 07:34 PM
I am gonna go with the Ville in this one. Guessing a 10-14 point win. Big Spring is good but I dont think their defense can stop the Ville attack.
VIf they were playing in Cricketville I would agree--'Jackets by 14, but they're not. I do agree that BS cannot stop 'Ville's O, but I also don't think 'Ville D can stop BS's O. Could easily turn into a 49-45 or 56-52 type game...

football8
10-20-2014, 07:35 PM
The poll indicates BS wins big. I'm gonna pick the ville in a close one. It won't be that close if the ville cleans up the penalties and turnovers.

Sville
10-20-2014, 10:22 PM
My weekly article on the game: Cody's Corner (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1890.0)

toddg
10-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Too much BS on this thread! Tell us how you really feel about this game Jacket fans!!

waterboy
10-21-2014, 09:02 AM
I must admit I'm kinda surprised at the poll. Does Big Spring have a good enough defense to get some stops? I know Stephenville struggles in that area, too. There should be plenty of offense in this one, but whomever has the best defense and makes the fewest mistakes wins. My bet is Stephenville, but what do I know?

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2014, 09:08 AM
I must admit I'm kinda surprised at the poll. Does Big Spring have a good enough defense to get some stops? I know Stephenville struggles in that area, too. There should be plenty of offense in this one, but whomever has the best defense and makes the fewest mistakes wins. My bet is Stephenville, but what do I know?

Here's a poll

A) 2/3 of the posters voting really think Big Spring will beat Stephenville

B) 2/3 of the posters voting don't have a dog in the fight and are pulling for the underdog

c) 2/3 of the posters voting are tired of most threads being turned into how good
Stephenville is and this is their way of protesting.

toddg
10-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Here's a poll

B) 2/3 of the posters voting don't have a dog in the fight and are pulling for the underdog

c) 2/3 of the posters voting are tired of most threads being turned into how good
i carefully looked at stats and watched video and did some soul searching walks before i made my selection on this poll.....doesnt everybody?!!!!!

Aguilafanatico
10-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Here's a poll

You may have too many 3'rds there but I get your drift.

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2014, 09:34 AM
You may have too many 3'rds there but I get your drift.

Lol. I'm referring to the 21/10 vote ratio.

Aguilafanatico
10-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Lol. I'm referring to the 21/10 vote ratio.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

nobogey72
10-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Since this game got moved to Thursday and is on ESPN, I'm thinking Big Spring wins. Statistically, Stephenville loses 100% of the time they play on national television. I'm going strictly by statistics. :stirpot:

toddg
10-21-2014, 11:43 AM
to go at Hard 8, eat on the way at a picnic area...problem solved!

hollywood
10-21-2014, 12:27 PM
:blahblah: :lies:

hollywood
10-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Here's a poll

D) 2/3 of posters (20/10) voting think Big Spring has a chance after seeing Stephenville get beat on national television. ;)

firstdown
10-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Here's a poll

I would pick C

ccmom
10-22-2014, 12:21 PM
I would pick C

:sleeping::sleeping:

STUDMYSTRO
10-23-2014, 01:47 PM
I believe the Jackets pull away in the 4th to win this game by 2 touchdowns.

49-35

slingshot
10-23-2014, 05:02 PM
I believe the Jackets pull away in the 4th to win this game by 2 touchdowns.

49-35

Maybe... I'm still picking Big Spring in a close one for several reasons. Steers have had open week to prepare, playing in front of big crowd at home, revenge from playoff hearbreaker they feel they had in hand last year and they truly feel at the HS level that Tannehill is just as dangerous a QB as Stidham. They may just be right. Should be a classic. I'll be there... GTG at half--south end zone? Or GTG at Al's before the game? Maybe a Big Spring poster can add a suggestion...

Smitty
10-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Maybe... I'm still picking Big Spring in a close one for several reasons. Steers have had open week to prepare, playing in front of big crowd at home, revenge from playoff hearbreaker they feel they had in hand last year and they truly feel at the HS level that Tannehill is just as dangerous a QB as Stidham. They may just be right. Should be a classic. I'll be there... GTG at half--south end zone? Or GTG at Al's before the game? Maybe a Big Spring poster can add a suggestion...

Coming into the game after an open week might not be a good thing. If BS is a little sluggish to start the game they might be a couple of touchdowns behind.

Ville-D
10-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Ok lets hear it!

Been gone all week and haven't read all this thread...

I say:

Ville 63
SpringS 32

But don't know anything about football.

hollywood
10-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Dang that's one ugly bulldog! :ack!:

http://vc.hudl.com/7792/19142/150919/2082079/OZ/008/qw5p_XL.jpg?v=061D86630026D108

hollywood
10-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Stephenville's key to victory tonight is forcing Big Spring into a lot of these formations!

http://vc.hudl.com/7792/19142/150919/2082079/OZ/026/MC1I_XL.jpg

toddg
10-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Stephenville's key to victory tonight is forcing Big Spring into a lot of these formations!

http://vc.hudl.com/7792/19142/150919/2082079/OZ/026/MC1I_XL.jpg

actually, the real key is for Stephenville to speed up the game with ball control..Jacket defense isnt good enough to rely on getting consistant stops against an explosive offense

Ville-D
10-24-2014, 11:49 AM
actually, the real key is for Stephenville to speed up the game with ball control..Jacket defense isnt good enough to rely on getting consistant stops against an explosive offense

Lets wait until after this game to see if we need to worry about the Jacket D... There have been changes (tested over the past 2 games) that will be in full force tonight. I think you will be surprised. How are the injuns doing this week?

the Ville 89
10-24-2014, 12:15 PM

And like wise for a Steers D that returns only a couple of starters from last years team and has given up 56, 42 to less as explosive Offenses than the Villes. When a offense relies on the scramble and just throw it up for grabs offense for your passing game, instead of a more conventional passing game as to go through your progressions like Stidham does.... I somehow like our chances of making more stops than the Steers D! There is no Question the Jacket D has struggled and will probably continue to struggle but I say it now this team knew the Offense was gonna have to carry the load and if we are for real...this just as equal BAD Steers should not stop Stidham and Company.

toddg
10-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Lets wait until after this game to see if we need to worry about the Jacket D... There have been changes (tested over the past 2 games) that will be in full force tonight. I think you will be surprised. How are the injuns doing this week?

And like wise for a Steers D that returns only a couple of starters from last years team and has given up 56, 42 to less as explosive Offenses than the Villes. When a offense relies on the scramble and just throw it up for grabs offense for your passing game, instead of a more conventional passing game as to go through your progressions like Stidham does.... I somehow like our chances of making more stops than the Steers D! There is no Question the Jacket D has struggled and will probably continue to struggle but I say it now this team knew the Offense was gonna have to carry the load and if we are for real...this just as equal BAD Steers should not stop Stidham and Company.

ill be interested to see what happens, the D may very well be fine..the Jacket Front is very good! if the secondary catches up then watch out!!
the Indians are fired up for a break out game tonite!! BLEEDING PURPLE AND LIVING GOLD

slingshot
10-24-2014, 12:39 PM
And like wise for a Steers D that returns only a couple of starters from last years team and has given up 56, 42 to less as explosive Offenses than the Villes. When a offense relies on the scramble and just throw it up for grabs offense for your passing game, instead of a more conventional passing game as to go through your progressions like Stidham does.... I somehow like our chances of making more stops than the Steers D! There is no Question the Jacket D has struggled and will probably continue to struggle but I say it now this team knew the Offense was gonna have to carry the load and if we are for real...this just as equal BAD Steers should not stop Stidham and Company.Agree to a point... if you think the Steers just chunk it and pray and scramble I think you'll be surprised--they have a good offense, prob the best 'Ville has faced this year. Neither defense is going to go down in Downlow lore as outstanding. I still think it's a high scoring game and won't be decided until the end.

hollywood
10-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Agree to a point... if you think the Steers just chunk it and pray and scramble I think you'll be surprised--they have a good offense, prob the best 'Ville has faced this year. Neither defense is going to go down in Downlow lore as outstanding. I still think it's a high scoring game and won't be decided until the end.

I think Lubbock Cooper's offense tops Big Springs. But I think Tannehill will be the best all around athlete Stephenville has seen to date this season. Of course they may have a better scheme against him tonight. We shall see. Ok, heading out in a couple of hours. We won't make BS until 6:30ish so if y'all are having a GTG at Al's at 5, won't make it. BUT, we'll sure see y'all at halftime. Travel safe. Looking forward to a great game that will be spirited.... I'm sure of that!

Deuce
10-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Agree to a point... if you think the Steers just chunk it and pray and scramble I think you'll be surprised--they have a good offense, prob the best 'Ville has faced this year. Neither defense is going to go down in Downlow lore as outstanding. I still think it's a high scoring game and won't be decided until the end.

BS offense is good but not near as good as Lubbock Cooper.

toddg
10-24-2014, 04:04 PM
BS offense is good but not near as good as Lubbock Cooper.
they're near as good..arnt they?

the Ville 89
10-24-2014, 05:09 PM
I can tell you for a fact if BS plans to run the read option like Cooper did they are in for a big surprise.

slingshot
10-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Either team have a D? 14-7 Steers not even half way thru 1st...

jason
10-24-2014, 07:55 PM
BS 14 sv 7
Stidham out of game.

slingshot
10-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Where is Stidham? Out of the game...

hollywood
10-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Where is Stidham? Out of the game...

Yes, out of game. Hand injury on his throwing arm.

slingshot
10-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Looks like on sideline with pads off and sling?

hollywood
10-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Looks like on sideline with pads off and sling?

Yep, his hand is wrapped.

hollywood
10-24-2014, 08:10 PM
First D to show up in the VILLE's. Good sign!

slingshot
10-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Backup pretty good!

jason
10-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Stidham not playing is precautionary but is done for the night.

slingshot
10-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Not impressed with either defense at all. 22-22 3 min into 2nd qtr

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Sitting here on the Stephenville side, heard that it's a broken finger on his throwing hand...28-22 at half

bobcat1
10-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Sitting here on the Stephenville side, heard that it's a broken finger on his throwing hand...28-22 at halfUh oh.........

slingshot
10-24-2014, 09:40 PM
36-36 midway 3rd

slingshot
10-24-2014, 09:40 PM
No defense

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 09:41 PM
No defense to be found anywhere

bobcat1
10-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Big Spring 43 Stephenville 36. 3:23 left. QB1 out for Stephenville.

bobcat1
10-24-2014, 09:50 PM
Stephenville driving on the 20 2nd and 11.

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 09:51 PM
43-43 1:31 in the 3rd

bobcat1
10-24-2014, 09:51 PM
You got this Dre.

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 09:55 PM
20 second later big spring up 50-43

bobcat1
10-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Is there a defense playing on either side.

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 09:59 PM
End of the 3rd same score

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:01 PM
Some of these plays can't be defensed but big spring just got an INT

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:04 PM
57-43 big spring 10:47 left in the 4th

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:10 PM
57-50 Big Spring

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Big spring fumbles at their 35...8:34 in the 4th

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Yellow jacket throw a pick...5:55 left

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:23 PM
64-50 big spring...2:45 left

Bosqueville
10-24-2014, 10:25 PM
:1omg!::

FB-fanatic
10-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Razorback88
10-24-2014, 10:31 PM
What a game! No defense on either side but worth the ticket! The jackets have lost to 2 teams from West Texas! Too bad about Stidham but S'villes' back up Chavarria played great. That being said, Stidham doesn't play defense and I think the Steers would've won this one even if Stidham hadn't got hurt. Power shift to the west in region 1.

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:33 PM
35 seconds left Stephenville threatening at the 15

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Touchdown, 10 seconds left onside coming

regaleagle
10-24-2014, 10:36 PM
To the west, huh? How far west? West of Wylie too, I guess you mean. They have a good D, but what an O for Big Spring. Congrats to Big Spring on a huge win for the Steers tonite.

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Failed onside...that's the ballgame

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Phones dying, I'll post more thoughts when I get home

Razorback88
10-24-2014, 10:42 PM
To the west, huh? How far west? West of Wylie too, I guess you mean. They have a good D, but what an O for Big Spring. Congrats to Big Spring on a huge win for the Steers tonite.

Sweetwater, BS, and Andrews are better than Wylie this year. I respect the Bulldogs but the oil and gas industry has helped the towns west of Abilene

Razorback88
10-24-2014, 10:43 PM
Sweetwater, BS, and Andrews are better than Wylie this year. I respect the Bulldogs but the oil and gas industry has helped the towns west of Abilene

BTW-What the heck happened to Abilene Cooper this year?

Heffelfinger
10-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Are you high? Andrews and Sweetwater better than Wylie?

Heffelfinger
10-24-2014, 10:53 PM
And what does oil and gas have to do with it?

Razorback88
10-24-2014, 11:00 PM
Are you high? Andrews and Sweetwater better than Wylie?

So is BS-you'll see next week

Razorback88
10-24-2014, 11:02 PM
And what does oil and gas have to do with it?

lots of people from all over the country moving to the Permian Basin-Andrews has 6-7 players that moved in the last year or two that are studs.

Heffelfinger
10-24-2014, 11:05 PM
If that's true then Midland and Odessa should be state champs.

Razorback88
10-24-2014, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=Heffelfinger;1834507]If that's true then Midland and Odessa should be state champs.[/QUM

Midland Christian has killed Lee and MHS-Odessa is in a funk-plus a lot of folks who move to the Permian basin choose to live in Andrews or Monahans.

db8coach
10-24-2014, 11:32 PM
I can tell you for a fact if BS plans to run the read option like Cooper did they are in for a big surprise.

What surprise was that...letting the running back run past the D?

ccmom
10-24-2014, 11:42 PM
What surprise was that...letting the running back run past the D?

I do believe they were surprised to see Hill (is that his name) run for 300 yards!! What a game that kid had!!

ccmom
10-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Congrats to the Steers! This game lived up the hype for sure. Did either team punt? I just listened off and on and got updates from Jacketwood.

bearbear78
10-24-2014, 11:52 PM
If that's true then Midland and Odessa should be state champs.
Guessing youre not in this industry. Its blowing up out there. Midland and Odessa are just too crowded so daily new families are moving to the outskirts. Andrews Monahans and.many others are going to only get better ......... unless the unthinkable happens and oil falls on its butt again.

db8coach
10-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Congrats to the Steers! This game lived up the hype for sure. Did either team punt? I just listened off and on and got updates from Jacketwood.

I think there was ONE punt for both teams...

slingshot
10-24-2014, 11:56 PM
After watching BS vs S'ville tonight I like our chances against both... Will see what happens next week!

toddg
10-25-2014, 12:43 AM
After watching BS vs S'ville tonight I like our chances against both... Will see what happens next week!
Can KW play QB? His uncle was one of the best at Stephenville!!
i hate that Stidham was injured..one of the best young QBs in the country!! His future is bright.. Hope he can get healthy by playoffs!

hollywood
10-25-2014, 02:07 AM
Can KW play QB? His uncle was one of the best at Stephenville!!
i hate that Stidham was injured..one of the best young QBs in the country!! His future is bright.. Hope he can get healthy by playoffs!

Wildcat!

hollywood
10-25-2014, 02:10 AM
I think there was ONE punt for both teams...

I think 2 for both teams and they were in the first half. Stephenville doesn't punt very often. I'm sure Big Spring doesn't either. They don't need to with those caliber of offenses.

D'Highlander
10-25-2014, 05:50 AM
How can you have one of the best offenses in the state WITHOUT your starting D1 QB and have a Nofense that is as bad as it is? If Stidham just has a broke finger put a cast on that thing and throw him on the D.

:vrycnfsd:

jason
10-25-2014, 08:50 AM
It's not a broken finger for Stidham, it is something between the base of his throwing hand, ring finger and the wrist - it could be something as simple as a bruise. X-rays this morning. Pulling him was a precautionary move - this game didn't mean anything so it wasn't worth further risk. The backup is more than capable of putting points on the board.

stardog
10-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Were they playing 7 on 7 for this game ?

db8coach
10-25-2014, 10:24 AM
It's not a broken finger for Stidham, it is something between the base of his throwing hand, ring finger and the wrist - it could be something as simple as a bruise. X-rays this morning. Pulling him was a precautionary move - this game didn't mean anything so it wasn't worth further risk. The backup is more than capable of putting points on the board.

Your coaches were not acting like the "game didn't mean anything"

Aguilafanatico
10-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Your coaches were not acting like the "game didn't mean anything"

Just for the sake of clarity, I think what he meant was that the game didn't mean anything unless Stephenville won. The loss therefore made this game meaningless.

Stephenville is undefeated in meaningful games this year.

2muchOffense
10-25-2014, 10:41 AM
The game did mean something, more than likely a district championship. Plus a easier road in the playoffs. Second place in the district will now face both Graham and Big Spring during their playoff run. Big Spring will only face either the Ville or Graham. This is all assuming Wylie doesn't beat Big Spring or the Ville.

D'Highlander
10-25-2014, 10:41 AM

Twitter says something Broke and Surgery Needed...

D'Highlander
10-25-2014, 10:43 AM

:clap: I was wondering if you tell your boys the game matters before or after the game?

Sville
10-25-2014, 12:34 PM
It was a good game. I hate to see this for JS but let's be honest he has more important things in his future, Sville prolly wins this with him. If you think one of the best QBs in the nation wouldn't of produced more points then you are crazy. With that said when your back up comes in and produces 57 with over 600 yds you should win every time. The defense was very bad tonight, no other way to say it. I think Wylie beats both of us and takes the DC. I still would like another shot at BS this season.

Sville
10-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Other thoughts on the game, I was really impressed with BS's Hunter Hill. I didn't remember him being that fast last season. The Steer OL was very good. I was also very impressed with Anthony Chavarria. The young man came into a difficult situation performed great. The other players on offense also picked up their game and rallied around him. I am thankful for the bye this week to work on some things and get Chavy prepared. The JV is 8-1 and has some good talent on it, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few moved up and get some looks. If Wylie does beat Big Spring next week it will make for a very interesting finale with Sville. The DC could come down to point differential with a Jacket win. I still believe Sville will be a tough out!

slingshot
10-25-2014, 01:16 PM
VERY entertaining game to watch as an impartial observer. Like watching my 16 y/o play a football video game. I went to the concession stand in the 3rd qtr and 3 TD's had been scored while I was gone! I do think S'ville likely wins with Stidham, but... not sure--would have been a 71-64 type game.
S'ville has the athletes on defense to be very good, not sure what the problem is--from my untrained eye it seemed they bit on every fake and came in way too agressive on the read option. Make no mistake though--Big Spring has a fantastic offense, you sell out to contain Tannehill and Hill burns you. Prob watched the two best 4A offenses in the state last night (no offense to 'Sota or anyone else--just my opinion)--and we have to play them in consecutive weeks! Both should be very interesting games. No brag but I do like our chances--IMHO we do have the best defense either have faced so far. On offense we still struggle with the passing game but our running game is doing well even after losing our leading rusher in the Liberty Hill game. We went from Lightning (Kleffner, 5-10/160 and FAST) to Thunder (Johnston, 6-2/210 and stout). He's had over 100 yds in every game since moving into the starter's role, usually in the first half only. Can't say this district is boring!

Deuce
10-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Just for the sake of clarity, I think what he meant was that the game didn't mean anything unless Stephenville won. The loss therefore made this game meaningless.

Hahaha!
On a seriou note, that sucks for Stidham. Regardless if he has bigger things ahead, I am positive he wants to be on that field trying to win a title!

briandumith*
10-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Hahaha!
On a seriou note, that sucks for Stidham. Regardless if he has bigger things ahead, I am positive he wants to be on that field trying to win a title!

Tech may tell him NO-MORE....like TCU did for one of Grahams kids...(Freeze)

Caprocker
10-25-2014, 02:59 PM

:hand:

Caprocker
10-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech is in no position to turn anyone away..

Sville
10-25-2014, 03:05 PM

Reports on Twitter is he needs surgery so he is done. Jarrett and every Jacket fan would love nothing more than to see him finish his HS career on the field but he has a bright future and needs to take care of that first. Our backup QB Anthony Chavarria (Chavy) is more than capable of leading this offense. He went 24-38-2 for over 380 yds with 6 TDs last night. He can throw the ball well. He is definitely not as mobile though. The Jackets are still plenty good enough on offense it will come down to can they get it figured out defensively. We have an outstanding staff eventually the play makers have to make plays.

On a side note everyone from Big Spring was very nice and welcoming. I really enjoyed y'all's old school stadium. It has a nice setting and you feel like you are right on top of the action.

Sville
10-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech is in no position to turn anyone away..

I think he means no more high school ball.

briandumith*
10-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Reports on Twitter is he needs surgery so he is done. Jarrett and every Jacket fan would love nothing more than to see him finish his HS career on the field but he has a bright future and needs to take care of that first. Our backup QB Anthony Chavarria (Chavy) is more than capable of leading this offense. He went 24-38-2 for over 380 yds with 6 TDs last night. He can throw the ball well. He is definitely not as mobile though. The Jackets are still plenty good enough on offense it will come down to can they get it figured out defensively. We have an outstanding staff eventually the play makers have to make plays.

On a side note everyone from Big Spring was very nice and welcoming. I really enjoyed y'all's old school stadium. It has a nice setting and you feel like you are right on top of the action.

Sorry to hear that got some Friends of mine that are Garret Crews #47's folks...dang

toddg
10-25-2014, 04:35 PM
It was a good game. I hate to see this for JS but let's be honest he has more important things in his future, Sville prolly wins this with him. If you think one of the best QBs in the nation wouldn't of produced more points then you are crazy. With that said when your back up comes in and produces 57 with over 600 yds you should win every time. The defense was very bad tonight, no other way to say it. I think Wylie beats both of us and takes the DC. I still would like another shot at BS this season.
i think with JS, that SV beats BS last night IMO..Still think SV wins the DC! AW will beat BS, SV will beat AW..dont forget BW...POs is a new season, anything can happen on the road to SC! AC/DC ROCKS!

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Has anyone heard from Hollywood since the news broke about Stidham?
Seriously, I'm thinking somebody that knows him personally should go
stop by his house.

Okay, all joking aside. Tough news about Stidham. I hate to hear about
any team losing their leader. Looks like the backup is more than
capable though.

db8coach
10-25-2014, 04:55 PM
It didn't take long for the "If JS was in the game..." posts.

briandumith*
10-25-2014, 05:04 PM
I think the back up looked really good last night!

defense51
10-25-2014, 05:07 PM
this game didn't mean anything so it wasn't worth further risk. The backup is more than capable of putting points on the board. That's one of the biggest bonehead statements I've seen on here... Really? Why was Stidham even in the game if it meant nothing? :vrycnfsd:

TheDOCTORdre
10-25-2014, 05:14 PM
So I had every intention of posting last night when I got home, but I went to Whataburger instead, woke up at 10:30 and then went to Endless Shrimp and then came home and took a nap...this is the first Saturday I've had off in a while and I took advantage of it...but enough about me here's some more on the game. I got to the game late driving from Odessa and came in right after Stidham went out, sad that I didn't get to watch him play. Big Springs side was packed, so I sat on the Stephenville side. Defenses were horrible from the start, however, some of the plays were defended pretty well and the offensive players just made great plays that should be getting credit more than it being bad defenses but if you take away those exceptional plays, it still turns out to be like a 49-42 type game, so the defenses were plenty bad. Hats off to Stephenville's backup, he played his heart out, couple of costly picks late in the game that I'm not sure Stidham makes. If Stidham plays I'm not sure if Stephenville pulls it out but it definitely goes to OT. I remember saying as the 4th quarter started that the first time to make a stop wins, and then BS came up with an INT and I thought the game was over, but the Yellow Jackets defense answered the call and caused a fumble of their own to give them a chance, unfortunately they couldn't score on that drive, but I didn't agree with the play calling on the final 2 plays of that drive. Overall a great game and atmosphere and glad I made the drive to see it.

One more thing the best play of the game that left my jaw hanging was Stephenville's running back #24, in the 1st quarter is running the ball and runs into what looks like a sure tackle by BS defenders on the Stephenville side of the field, spins out of it and cuts across the field to score on the Big Spring side, it was awesome

TheDOCTORdre
10-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Also, little Tannehill is on the field almost all game, offense(obviously) defense and special teams, was really surprising to see him doing as much as he does

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2014, 06:24 PM

Reports are surgery and out for at leas 5 weeks

slingshot
10-25-2014, 06:40 PM
i think with JS, that SV beats BS last night IMO... Stidham plays defense? They put up 600 yards and 57 POINTS and lost! Don't think this one was due to lack of offense or needing to score more...

Pudlugger
10-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Reports are surgery and out for at leas 5 weeks

Stephenville must make it to the semi-final without him.

Sville
10-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Stidham plays defense? They put up 600 yards and 57 POINTS and lost! Don't think this one was due to lack of offense or needing to score more...

Actually he does play some situational defense at DB. Obviously we needed to score more losing by a TD. I have no doubt Stidham would of resulted in more points for Sville. But you are right 57 points and 600+ yards should result in a win. Six of BS's nine TDs were from 47 yards out or further. When you miss assignments and tackles against very good players that is what happens. The Steers ran 45 plays for 589 yards with less than 20 first downs. They were a big play machine.

Sville
10-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Stephenville must make it to the semi-final without him.

Which I don't think is out of the question if we can play better defense.

toddg
10-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Which I don't think is out of the question if we can play better defense.

consistant..more consistant defense

hollywood
10-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Stidham plays defense? They put up 600 yards and 57 POINTS and lost! Don't think this one was due to lack of offense or needing to score more...

slingshot, both defenses were blistered by the others offenses. What most are saying is that Chavy (backup, now starting QB) made throwing decision mistakes that Stidham doesn't. And that's obvious. Stidham also brings a dual threat mobility factor that wasn't there after he went out. Everyone has to understand that he's the signal caller and the cog in the offensive rhythm. Once he went out, the coaches had to make sure each play was called from the sideline with Chavy to explain it. The kid did a great job and exceeded everyone's expectations. Mucho kudos to him the the entire team to rally behind him.

briandumith*
10-25-2014, 07:18 PM
slingshot, both defenses were blistered by the others offenses. What most are saying is that Chavy (backup, now starting QB) made throwing decision mistakes that Stidham doesn't. And that's obvious. Stidham also brings a dual threat mobility factor that wasn't there after he went out. Everyone has to understand that he's the signal caller and the cog in the offensive rhythm. Once he went out, the coaches had to make sure each play was called from the sideline with Chavy to explain it. The kid did a great job and exceeded everyone's expectations. Mucho kudos to him the the entire team to rally behind him.

:iagree: That kid did just fine for what he was asked to do....

TheDOCTORdre
10-25-2014, 07:26 PM

^^^ This. I saw him go to the sideline for just about every play, no one can deny that he did a great job in the situation, but to deny that Stidham makes it a different game is ridiculous

Sville
10-25-2014, 07:37 PM
consistant..more consistant defense

Exactly it is not only the amount of points it is the way we were giving them up on big plays. All we need to do is eliminate the big plays and make teams drive the field to score. The more plays it takes an offense to score the more chances they have to make a mistake.

2muchOffense
10-25-2014, 08:08 PM
The Ville has been extremely fortunate the last few seasons with injuries to the qb. We went 2 seasons with Jones and last year with Stidham without any major injuries. However just think back to Kilgore and remember how limited we were on offense due to that hamstring. Now some of that was their defense but we struggled mightly. I refuse to put any blame on Chaveria because he did enough. He played as good as you could play with the amount of reps he sees and the situation he was thrown into. He didn't lose last nights game, but the loss to Stidham is huge. While I believe Big Spring is a great team, like the Ville their defense is suspect. I'm concerned for Chaveria when he faces tougher defenses. His lack of experience will show more. If teams can limit our offensive output, we are in serious trouble. Our motto is to turn games into a track meet and make people adjust to us. Usually teams can't. With the next game being against Wylie, we get a dose of what we can do against a solid defense. People are gonna have to step up because its go time real soon.

slingshot
10-25-2014, 09:01 PM
I did not mean that losing Stidham did not make a difference... anyone who loses a QB ranked in the top 5 dual threat's in the country is going to struggle offensively. S'ville did not. The backup played very good--Hell, better than very good--he played lights out. He went for nearly 400 yds, 6 TD's and showed incredible poise for coming into the game cold and likely taking very few snaps in practice with the 1st team O. He led the team to 57 points! That should win. It didn't. I was there too, sitting high up at the 50 yd line. Even though Stephenville could have scored more with Stidham, my feeling was Big Spring could have scored more too. With a 2 TD lead most of the second half, most of their calls were pretty conservative read option runs that just busted loose for long gainers. Had Stidham stayed healthy we may have seen a 78-71 type game! :speech: I don't think the Steers were going to be denied last night...

db8coach
10-25-2014, 09:02 PM
I love how MOST of the SVille people are commenting that the Jackets beat THEMSELVES and didn't get beat by a better (ON THAT NIGHT) Big Spring Steer team. Last night the Steers had a better team and was able to make more plays than did the Jackets. You don't see anyone on here posting that Big Spring got important players hurt last night.

I will say, however that the majority of SVill fans are (at least) more courteous than Andrews and Wylie fans are. At least y'all didn't cheer when a Steer player was hurt. Let me also add that it surprised me the amount of Jackets fans that left with 4 min left in the game when the Steers went up by two touchdowns. The game was a track meet. The Jackets had PLENTY of ability to score that fast. But, there they were...Jackets fans leaving.

slingshot
10-25-2014, 09:04 PM
BTW--Glad to see you're OK Hollywood! Several of us were worried... ;)

slingshot
10-25-2014, 09:07 PM
I love how MOST of the SVille people are commenting that the Jackets beat THEMSELVES and didn't get beat by a better (ON THAT NIGHT) Big Spring Steer team. Last night the Steers had a better team and was able to make more plays than did the Jackets. You don't see anyone on here posting that Big Spring got important players hurt last night.

I will say, however that the majority of SVill fans are (at least) more courteous than Andrews and Wylie fans are. At least y'all didn't cheer when a Steer player was hurt. Let me also add that it surprised me the amount of Jackets fans that left with 4 min left in the game when the Steers went up by two touchdowns. The game was a track meet. The Jackets had PLENTY of ability to score that fast. But, there they were...Jackets fans leaving.Excuse me? Wylie fans cheering a Big Spring player getting hurt? NEVER. Our fans and players are passionate but that crosses the line... We win with class and take our losses the same way.

2muchOffense
10-25-2014, 09:23 PM
I can honestly say that when the new districts came out I had last night circled on the calendar. I knew what a tough game last night was gonna be. You have the revenge factor, the at home factor, and one of the best offenses in the state factor going against you. When Stidham went down I had a feeling that we were gonna get blown off the field. Chaveria stepped up in a way I couldn't imagine. The game was going to be tough with a healthy stidham. I believed back in august that either the Jackets or Steers(Big Spring) will be representing region 1 this year. Big Spring was the better team and hopefully we will meet again. However a lot of football must be played to get to that point. It's just for me personally from what I have seen from those boys out in east Texas, I don't believe just a good offense is enough. Both the Steers and Jackets have work to do on the defensive side of the ball. Right now neither of us are good enough. Trust me!

db8coach
10-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Excuse me? Wylie fans cheering a Big Spring player getting hurt? NEVER. Our fans and players are passionate but that crosses the line... We win with class and take our losses the same way.

Last time yall were here, a large swath of Bulldogs in the stands were cheering when one of our running backs went out. AND yall were up by 35. This was the same year that yall had a stud running back that kept getting hurt and the trainers/coaches would give him something and put him back in a blowout of a game so he could get stats.

slingshot
10-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Last time yall were here, a large swath of Bulldogs in the stands were cheering when one of our running backs went out. AND yall were up by 35. This was the same year that yall had a stud running back that kept getting hurt and the trainers/coaches would give him something and put him back in a blowout of a game so he could get stats.I have been on the sideline for 98% of our games for the last 10+ years... have NEVER heard anyone from Wylie do that. NEVER. If they did Coach Sandifer and our Superintendent that also goes to every game would been on it. That kind of behaviour is not tolerated here. Every game we are ahead in big Coach Sandifer starts pulling starters after the 1st or second series of the 3rd quarter. Think you mis-remembered.

db8coach
10-25-2014, 09:54 PM
I have been on the sideline for 98% of our games for the last 10+ years... have NEVER heard anyone from Wylie do that. NEVER. If they did Coach Sandifer and our Superintendent that also goes to every game would been on it. That kind of behaviour is not tolerated here. Every game we are ahead in big Coach Sandifer starts pulling starters after the 1st or second series of the 3rd quarter. Think you mis-remembered.

I didn't "mis-remember" Up by 35 in the 3rd, first string still out there; including the running back that came to the sidelines 3 times screaming in apparent agony. I remember it vividly because I screamed "take the kid out of the game, he's hurt" Which did get a standing ovation from a small swath of Bulldog fans.

On the converse, last years playoff game against the Jackets, I was surrounded by Bulldog players that were really pulling for the Steers to beat the Jackets and they were just as disapointed at the outcome as Big Springers were.

slingshot
10-25-2014, 10:02 PM
I didn't "mis-remember" Up by 35 in the 3rd, first string still out there; including the running back that came to the sidelines 3 times screaming in apparent agony. I remember it vividly because I screamed "take the kid out of the game, he's hurt" Which did get a standing ovation from a small swath of Bulldog fans.

On the converse, last years playoff game against the Jackets, I was surrounded by Bulldog players that were really pulling for the Steers to beat the Jackets and they were just as disapointed at the outcome as Big Springers were.I was there. The kid had cramps. And he got pulled in the 3rd quarter. No one cheered any Big Spring players getting hurt. I was also there last night. Sitting on the Big Spring side and cheering for the Steers with several other people from Wylie. I think your jealousy of Wylie's winning ways in nearly every sport and academic endeavour is showing a little...

db8coach
10-25-2014, 10:08 PM
I was there. The kid had cramps. And he got pulled in the 3rd quarter. No one cheered any Big Spring players getting hurt. I was also there last night. Sitting on the Big Spring side and cheering for the Steers with several other people from Wylie. I think your jealousy of Wylie's winning ways in nearly every sport and academic endeavour is showing a little...

Nah, 4 years in district, Wylie didn't beat the academic endeavor that I am involved with. In those 4 years I've had 2 State Champions, 1 second, 2 thirds and a 4th at State with 12 State Qualifiers. And Wylie had exactly...zero kids at state in those events...No jealousy here.

slingshot
10-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Nah, 4 years in district, Wylie didn't beat the academic endeavor that I am involved with. In those 4 years I've had 2 State Champions, 1 second, 2 thirds and a 4th at State with 12 State Qualifiers. And Wylie had exactly...zero kids at state in those events...No jealousy here.Good for you and your program. You should be proud, and rightfully so.

db8coach
10-25-2014, 10:11 PM
All that with a student economic level that is approximately 1/2 of what the students at Wylie have.

slingshot
10-25-2014, 10:15 PM
All that with a student economic level that is approximately 1/2 of what the students at Wylie have....and your point is? So we should feel that way because our kids have 1/2 the economic level of Argyle?

db8coach
10-25-2014, 10:25 PM
...and your point is? So we should feel that way because our kids have 1/2 the economic level of Argyle?

1. If you don't think socio-economic level has anything to do with competitive endeavors, you are deluding yourself.
2. Argyle 11.3 eco disad...Wylie 14.9...Big Spring 64.9.
3. You pointed out that I was Jealous of "Wylie's winning ways in nearly every sport and academic endeavor" I was simply saying that while in the Academic District Wylie had their successes (3 overall district tiles to Big Spring's one...which, (btw if you could confirm for me) was the first that Wylie dropped in something like 20 years. But in my Academic endeavor, I have nothing to be "jealous" of.

slingshot
10-25-2014, 10:38 PM
Guess we'll have to disagree. Athletically Big Spring has done less with more talent than about any program I know--Coach Richey is changing that in a hurry. Big Spring can be a dominant force. They do have a large number of 'economically disadvantaged' kids. It does play a factor and probably is the reason for the perenial under-achievement of most of their athletic programs. Again... that is changing rapidly. As for opportunity--with the oilfield bringing tons of $$$ into the community the economic challenges should lessen. When Al's is having to pay $14/hr to start to work in a BBQ joint and anybody that can pass a drug test with a CDL can make $80-120k/yr times are changing. Things are looking up for Big Spring... and I'm glad to see it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled "Stephenville @ Big Spring" thread. I'm out.

ccmom
10-26-2014, 12:43 AM
Last time yall were here, a large swath of Bulldogs in the stands were cheering when one of our running backs went out. AND yall were up by 35. This was the same year that yall had a stud running back that kept getting hurt and the trainers/coaches would give him something and put him back in a blowout of a game so he could get stats.

This game? http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/steers-fall-no-2-wylie

Pretty sure it wasn't possible for us to be up by 35 in the third and I have never seen this coaching staff leave a kid in the game simply to better his stats.

I was also at the game and have no recollection of our fans cheering for an injured player. I hope they did not. However, ALL teams have fans that get out of line at times and reflect badly on the rest. To stereotype all Wylie fans based on what you perceived that night is ridiculous, but to each his own.

I'm looking forward to a great game Friday night. The Steers will be flying high coming off their win over S'Ville and rightfully so. Safe travels to you all! Go Dawgs!!

Sorry Sville folks. You can have your thread back now. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Stidham.

Deuce
10-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Lol. This just turned into the whine bag thread! Where's Pancho?

regaleagle
10-26-2014, 02:37 AM
I'd say things are "ratcheting up" over there in Region 1 about now, huh? Graham is sitting back grinnin' like a kid in a candy store while everybody else is holding on for dear life each week trying to get that best seeding come playoff time. It really is a survival of the fittest now, isn't it. I can remember how the District of Doom had this same scenario for years, but it seemed to make at least several of the teams that much tougher to beat in the playoffs....if they were still healthy enough. BTW....Argyle says HI.:wave: And I'm sure Kennedale and Van sends their greetings as well.:taunt:

jason
10-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Had a chance to talk to Stidham last night and he said it's surgery Monday and hopefully 4-5 weeks recovery and he'll be able to play.
Will have to get through first couple of rounds without him but obviously the offense is more than capable with Chavarria at the helm.

slingshot
10-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Had a chance to talk to Stidham last night and he said it's surgery Monday and hopefully 4-5 weeks recovery and he'll be able to play.
Will have to get through first couple of rounds without him but obviously the offense is more than capable with Chavarria at the helm.We wish him the best. Seems like a great kid with incredible talent and an unlimited future.

#1 TEXAN
10-26-2014, 12:13 PM
I'd say things are "ratcheting up" over there in Region 1 about now, huh? Graham is sitting back grinnin' like a kid in a candy store while everybody else is holding on for dear life each week trying to get that best seeding come playoff time. It really is a survival of the fittest now, isn't it. I can remember how the District of Doom had this same scenario for years, but it seemed to make at least several of the teams that much tougher to beat in the playoffs....if they were still healthy enough. BTW....Argyle says HI.:wave: And I'm sure Kennedale and Van sends their greetings as well.:taunt:

I was at the Graham vs Big spring game it took Big spring 6 or 7 Graham turnovers just to put up 27 points there was also a very questionable TD catch Big Spring had at the end of the half. I hope to see a rematch there.

slingshot
10-26-2014, 12:50 PM
I was at the Graham vs Big spring game it took Big spring 6 or 7 Graham turnovers just to put up 27 points there was also a very questionable TD catch Big Spring had at the end of the half. I hope to see a rematch there.Everyone wants a rematch! S'ville and Graham want Big Spring, Big Spring wants Andrews, Graham wants Argyle, Wylie wants Graham and Argyle, Burnet wants Wylie... gotta love this time of year!

#1 TEXAN
10-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Everyone wants a rematch! S'ville and Graham want Big Spring, Big Spring wants Andrews, Graham wants Argyle, Wylie wants Graham and Argyle, Burnet wants Wylie... gotta love this time of year!

Yes it's a good time of year. If all goes well it looks as we might get to see a couple of those rematches.

bobcat1
10-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Will have to get through first couple of rounds without him but obviously the offense is more than capable with Chavarria at the helm.

We wish him the best. Seems like a great kid with incredible talent and an unlimited future.

Dang, I hat that for a kid especially a senior. Heal fast and Strong Mr. Stidham.

Sville
10-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Injuries suck but are apart of the game. Sville has been blessed with an absurd amount of talent at the QB position over the years. We have been lucky that very few have ever been injured for a significant amount of time.

Caprocker
10-26-2014, 09:05 PM
The old lucky steers played that game without a starting safety hence the need for Tannehill and hill on defense. That makes 2 db's lost for the season in 3 weeks to external factors quite possibly contributing to "Chavvy" , having his coming out party and throwing the gameplan into a tailspin. But really , the spread is just flat out high octane when the talent is there. The luck of our steers is stifling this year after the hand of god has presented us with beating 2 top 10 teams and 2 5a's... The loss of a starting center and a starting nose guard to season Enders in the ville game contributed to our string of luck we've been enjoying. Now on to another team that hopefully we can slip by on a Hail Mary, or if one of their starters gets hurt. FYI..our kids don't respect your opinions..justify your losses how you must. :kiss:

DaHop72
10-26-2014, 09:10 PM
However, ALL teams have fans that get out of line at times and reflect badly on the rest. To stereotype all Wylie fans based on what you perceived that night is ridiculous, but to each his own.
:thinking::thinking:

slingshot
10-26-2014, 09:14 PM
FYI..our kids don't respect your opinions..justify your losses how you must. :kiss:Don't think they do anywhere. A few years ago my then 16 y/o son and his best friend walked into my study after football practice while I was posting on here... they read over my shoulder what all was being said (If I remember right it was a lot of smack talk back and forth between Rocket and several other posters) for a few minutes then just shrugged their shoulders, laughed and as they walked away said "just a bunch of old guys that that can't do it anymore talking about football". And there you have it. The truth.

Caprocker
10-26-2014, 09:16 PM
Don't think they do anywhere. A few years ago my then 16 y/o son and his best friend walked into my study after football practice while I was posting on here... they read over my shoulder what all was being said (If I remember right it was a lot of smack talk back and forth between Rocket and several other posters) for a few minutes then just shrugged their shoulders, laughed and as they walked away said "just a bunch of old guys that that can't do it anymore talking about football". And there you have it. The truth.
That's right!

ccmom
10-26-2014, 09:30 PM
:thinking::thinking:

You know I love ya, Hop!!

2muchOffense
10-27-2014, 01:46 AM
Back in our day we never missed tackles, dropped passes, muffed punts, missed field goals, overthrew recievers, or had brain farts. So yeah we can complain. In all seriousness all you can hope for is your student athlete has an opportunity to play for a winning program, get good coaching, learn to work as a team, and understand the values of hard work. The experience of playing high school football is a reward in itself. You only play football for a brief period in the grand scheme of things.

Caprocker
10-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Back in our day we never missed tackles, dropped passes, muffed punts, missed field goals, overthrew recievers, or had brain farts. So yeah we can complain. In all seriousness all you can hope for is your student athlete has an opportunity to play for a winning program, get good coaching, learn to work as a team, and understand the values of hard work. The experience of playing high school football is a reward in itself. You only play football for a brief period in the grand scheme of things.

amen, love this,,

Sville
10-27-2014, 09:38 AM
I didn't mean to take away from what Big Spring accomplished with my thoughts on the game. I was speaking from a Sville perspective on what we need to do to get better this season. Good offenses take advantage of your weaknesses and that is what the Steers did. The defensive stand they made after their fumble with the score 57-50 was the difference in the game IMO. I am also very proud of the Jackets for rallying and making a game out of it when their star and leader went down.

I still think we can get our defensive issues ironed out. I have seen this staff do it before, a few years ago Everman just pounded us in district 56-3. They got the ship righted and made it to the qtr finals and lost to Everman again, this time 27-24.

db8coach
10-27-2014, 10:28 AM
This game? http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/steers-fall-no-2-wylie

Pretty sure it wasn't possible for us to be up by 35 in the third and I have never seen this coaching staff leave a kid in the game simply to better his stats.

No...I'm pretty sure it was the 2007 game. 61-14.

ccmom
10-27-2014, 10:39 AM
No...I'm pretty sure it was the 2007 game. 61-14.

Then I guess it wasn't the last time we played there, as you had stated. My goodness you have been harboring those ill feelings for a long time. That can't be healthy. I am glad you got that all out. It'll be good for you. :rolleyes:

bearbear78
10-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Must have been like wearing a backpack full of bricks

stardog
10-27-2014, 10:51 AM
I didn't mean to take away from what Big Spring accomplished with my thoughts on the game. I was speaking from a Sville perspective on what we need to do to get better this season. Good offenses take advantage of your weaknesses and that is what the Steers did. The defensive stand they made after their fumble with the score 57-50 was the difference in the game IMO. I am also very proud of the Jackets for rallying and making a game out of it when their star and leader went down.

I still think we can get our defensive issues ironed out. I have seen this staff do it before, a few years ago Everman just pounded us in district 56-3. They got the ship righted and made it to the qtr finals and lost to Everman again, this time 27-24.

Getting late in the season to be getting better and getting things ironed out. You better start peaking and winning. Stateing that to win a game isn,t important won,t work when if you lose you stay home and practice basketball.

Smitty
10-27-2014, 10:54 AM
I just thought this was a great football game from a fans perspective! Two really good offenses battling it out on the field. Congrats to Big Spring, you guys have a really quality program and will go a LONG ways in the playoffs. Thank goodness for half times, almost wet myself cause I did not want to miss anything. If you like offense and were not at this game, well you missed out on a great game. Both teams lost important position players and I hope all have quick recoveries. Dadgum I love this game!!!!

Sville
10-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Getting late in the season to be getting better and getting things ironed out. You better start peaking and winning. Stateing that to win a game isn,t important won,t work when if you lose you stay home and practice basketball.

As long as you are still playing it is never to late to get better. I had to read your last sentence about 3 times to decipher it and you got me confused with another poster. I never said the game wasn't important.

db8coach
10-27-2014, 11:08 AM
I just thought this was a great football game from a fans perspective! Two really good offenses battling it out on the field. Congrats to Big Spring, you guys have a really quality program and will go a LONG ways in the playoffs. Thank goodness for half times, almost wet myself cause I did not want to miss anything. If you like offense and were not at this game, well you missed out on a great game. Both teams lost important position players and I hope all have quick recoveries. Dadgum I love this game!!!!

You must have really needed to go. The first half was almost 2 hours long.

db8coach
10-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Then I guess it wasn't the last time we played there, as you had stated. My goodness you have been harboring those ill feelings for a long time. That can't be healthy. I am glad you got that all out. It'll be good for you. :rolleyes:

My error. I should have stated..."last time that I wasn't at a tournament during a Wylie/Big Spring game...and actually got to go to the game..."

pirate4state
10-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Are they playing again? Why is this still a sticky? :confused:

Jacket97
10-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Stephenville will be fine...will need to figure a way to makes stops and cause turnovers on defense; but Stephenville will be fine.

Jacket97
10-27-2014, 01:25 PM

In the Region 1 Championship lol. This could go on for a while lol.

panfan
10-27-2014, 01:28 PM

Grief counseling.

jason
10-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Stidham's surgery was this morning and was deemed a success and should result in a full recovery. Hopefully at the 5 week he's ready to go and Stephenville is still playing!!

panfan
10-27-2014, 01:47 PM
Stidham's surgery was this morning and was deemed a success and should result in a full recovery. Hopefully at the 5 week he's ready to go and Stephenville is still playing!!

Good news for that young man . A real talented player with a bright future.

db8coach
10-27-2014, 02:37 PM

While the kid is a really good quarterback; I would hope that he isn't going to risk his future (football and in general) on rushing back and getting seriously hurt.

Sville
10-27-2014, 02:42 PM

I wanted add some things to this reply. You never stop trying to get better, that is what traditional power house programs do and Stephenville fits that bill. I watched this staff turn around a defense in '08 this late in the season. I also watched Aledo do the same thing in '11. The Bearcats had 2 losses going into game 9 to Sville where they gave up 48 and Lake Travis where they gave up 62. Then in week 8 they out score Bidrville 67-42. The Hawks put up over 400yds rushing on them. Aledo made 3 personnel changes and went on to win their 3rd in row. They only gave up an avg. of 16 pts in their last 7 games and none over 28. I know I drink the blue & gold koolaid but the talent is here, they just have to find the right mix.

stardog
10-27-2014, 03:25 PM
I wanted add some things to this reply. You never stop trying to get better, that is what traditional power house programs do and Stephenville fits that bill. I watched this staff turn around a defense in '08 this late in the season. I also watched Aledo do the same thing in '11. The Bearcats had 2 losses going into game 9 to Sville where they gave up 48 and Lake Travis where they gave up 62. Then in week 8 they out score Bidrville 67-42. The Hawks put up over 400yds rushing on them. Aledo made 3 personnel changes and went on to win their 3rd in row. They only gave up an avg. of 16 pts in their last 7 games and none over 28. I know I drink the blue & gold koolaid but the talent is here, they just have to find the right mix.

You better hurry !!! I notice that in reading the village people's post they always have a reason or excuse for what happened. Why don't you move on to the next weeks game.
Oh I guess Stephenville is off this week so you are going to continue to dwell on the past. Take a break and get ready to talk smack with the Wylie Bulldogs.

2muchOffense
10-27-2014, 03:26 PM
The reason this is still a "sticky" is because these two teams have played each other in consecutive seasons and both games were instant classics. Who knows what the uil will do in the future, but it looks like we have the makings of a new rivalry. If every game is as good as the last two, count me in. As for turning it around, well I believe coach g knows the game of football. I think some adjustments will be made and we see some changes. We have a bye which helps because instead of slowing down our rhythm, now we can lick our wounds and regroup. Like Sville said, it has been done before. I think some of our thinking around here was that all the defense has to do is make a stop or two and we win. I don't know this for sure but it seems we have overlooked the defense recently. I bet coach gets back to his roots and coaches that side up. We have to because we can't ask Chaveria to have that kind of performance next game. Im not banging my chest and saying we will still win state, but we will still be a very tough out come the playoffs. Time to get creative!

toddg
10-27-2014, 03:33 PM

i agree! there arnt any defenses out there in 4A land that can consistantly stop explosive passing attacks...there just isnt! but you can slow them down with the right players in the right positions to get timely stops, especially if you have an offense that can consistantly score points!
Stephenville is well equiped to tailor their offense to the strengths of their backup QB..more sustained drives using short to medium passing, power run plays, and jet sweeps..control the game, not letting the game control you!! great oppurtunity having a bye this week!

jason
10-27-2014, 03:33 PM
While the kid is a really good quarterback; I would hope that he isn't going to risk his future (football and in general) on rushing back and getting seriously hurt.
The Stephenville head coach won't let that happen.

Sville
10-27-2014, 05:22 PM
It is time to unsticky this game and move the Wylie-BS game in it's spot.

Heffelfinger
11-01-2014, 02:02 PM

Have you sobered up yet?

Bosqueville
11-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Have you sobered up yet?

:fnypost: