PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny at Bellville

BB BULLS
10-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Bellville pulling off a tough win at Wharton, Sweeny coming off a blow out over Columbus. who you got? I will give thoughts later

SHSBulldog00
10-18-2014, 10:24 PM
I expect a tough game. Both teams have strong defenses and improving offenses. It could come down to special teams play. It's early but I'll take Sweeny 24, Bellville 14

OLE'BULL
10-19-2014, 05:13 AM
It should be a decent game but I will almost guarantee a Bellville W. They sure won't lose by 10 points SHS Bulldog, sorry. And it damn sure won't happen at our house. We are battle tested after the Wharton game and I don't see us giving up a district title run by losing to Sweeny. I don't know much about them, but it seems as if Sweeny hasn't beaten anybody? Columbia beat Sweeny and then Columbia barely beat a poor Needville team last Friday night. I probably need to do some more digging on Sweeny before I have to eat my words! Bellvilles offense is past the "improving" stage, we are running (and now also passing) all over teams. The D has been lights out up until the Wharton game. I am concerned about 2 things: Our tackling, which has always been very sound, was flat out awful Friday night. We didn't wrap up at all. It seems like the cool thing to do now at all levels is just throw a shoulder at the ball carrier. It drives me absolutely crazy. We also took TERRIBLE angles to the football and it killed us. That needs to be fixed ASAP, that's Defense 101. The second concern was our pass defense Friday. Wharton has good/big/fast receivers and we left them wide ass open! If those 2 issues get fixed we will handle Sweeny with ease.

Pudlugger
10-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Bellville is back and will win this game going away. I don't see the Brahmas losing a game until maybe the third or fourth round of the playoffs. Bellville by 21.

OLE'BULL
10-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Bellville is back and will win this game going away. I don't see the Brahmas losing a game until maybe the third or fourth round of the playoffs. Bellville by 21.

I would love 3-4 rounds Pud! This years team has completely surprised me. Losing our 3 work horse running backs who all started since their sophomore would ruin most teams that run our offense. It amazes me every year how Rowe puts together winning teams. We are so fortunate to have him and sadly enough I catch myself occasionally praying that he stays during the prayers of the people on Sundays. Is that sad? Yep! He has kept the tradition and the Brahma way alive and strong. This years team doesn't have the best athletes by any means. It sounds cliche but I witness it week in and week out, what the lack in ability, they make up for it with heart, passion, smarts, execution, etc. It is beautiful to watch and makes this ex-Brahma proud...

Elmo
10-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Sweeny by 14

87coog
10-20-2014, 07:43 AM
I wish I could go to this one.

Truthful Tiger
10-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Bellville by 20. Very impressed with the win over Wharton.

The Bull #40
10-20-2014, 11:02 AM
I don't know much about Sweeny's offense but as long as they're not a prolific passing team (better than Wharton in the passing game) I don't see this being a nail-biter. The Brahmas are coming off a huge win over a darn good Wharton team and have their eyes set on a district championship. I'm sure Rowe is not happy with how the defense played last week and will be coaching up some extra tackling and pursuit drills this week. I think the Brahmas take this one 35-14 at home and keep rolling towards a DC and playoff birth!!!!

BB BULLS
10-21-2014, 10:39 AM
not alot talk going on here but i think the Brahmas by 10

The Bull #40
10-21-2014, 12:43 PM
not alot talk going on here but i think the Brahmas by 10

Yeah, idk what is going on with the DownLow this year... just seems a lot less lively than in years past. But I know there are still plenty of Brahma fans on the board, I would just think more would be posting after the way the team has extremely exceeded my expectations this year and I'm sure many others' too! I expected around a 6-4 record simply due to the lack of experience on offense and size all around. But Rowe proved once again that he has a knack for putting players where they perform best.

BB BULLS
10-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Yeah, idk what is going on with the DownLow this year... just seems a lot less lively than in years past. But I know there are still plenty of Brahma fans on the board, I would just think more would be posting after the way the team has extremely exceeded my expectations this year and I'm sure many others' too! I expected around a 6-4 record simply due to the lack of experience on offense and size all around. But Rowe proved once again that he has a knack for putting players where they perform best.

you know what Bull i hate to look at the past but i do. i was just thinking, now by means do we have a top notch passing attack its good. just wonder what could have been if we would have had it last year with our three stud RB'S. any why back to the real time, i to thought we would have problems losing our whole offense but these young men have done very fine job. Rowe has done a very good job. Has Sweeny and Bellville ever been in the same district?

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Where's rancher?

Manso/V8
10-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Where's rancher?

Rancher spoke out pretty harsh about the Brahmas after the first couple of games, he must be embarrassed about their turnaroud.

BTW, you need to do a bit more groveling about the aTm loss to Alabama.....

zebrablue2
10-22-2014, 07:02 AM
Where's rancher?

:evillol:Rowe does get all he can out of the kids, gotta give that to him. On the other hand there WAS more talent than everyone first thought. I watched Zapalac in Jr. High and as a FR. and the talent was always there to lead.

Saggy Aggie
10-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Rancher spoke out pretty harsh about the Brahmas after the first couple of games, he must be embarrassed about their turnaroud.

BTW, you need to do a bit more groveling about the aTm loss to Alabama.....

I know, which is why I'm asking where he is. Seems awfully quiet....

BB BULLS
10-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Where's rancher?

we wont hear from that chump unless we lose again

Scoop27
10-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Webcast
http://www.bellvillesports.com/

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Webcast
http://www.bellvillesports.com/

I would love to listen to some of the game, but everytime I try it says I need to install some silver link bull corn and it wont work! whats the trick

BB BULLS
10-24-2014, 06:01 AM
I would love to listen to some of the game, but everytime I try it says I need to install some silver link bull corn and it wont work! whats the trick

i dont know the trick but i have tried to listen to game there and it only last about 10 min before i lose them, then when you try again it starts all over. i just quit trying and go to the radio which aint much better but they keep you updated. Brahmas by 10

The Bull #40
10-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Finally gameday!!! I don't think this one is going to be as close as the Wharton game but I think it will be an exciting game! I think the Brahma defense gets back to playing lights out while the offense continues to come into their own! Brahmas win their last game of the year at The Pasture 35-14!!!!

BB BULLS
10-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Finally gameday!!! I don't think this one is going to be as close as the Wharton game but I think it will be an exciting game! I think the Brahma defense gets back to playing lights out while the offense continues to come into their own! Brahmas win their last game of the year at The Pasture 35-14!!!!

i hope you are right this senior parent night to i get to walk on the field with my boy that is gonna be nice.

The Bull #40
10-24-2014, 10:28 AM
i hope you are right this senior parent night to i get to walk on the field with my boy that is gonna be nice.

Awesome to hear! I hope you enjoy it, I'm sure he'll be taking in his last memories of his last game under the lights at The Pasture!

OLE'BULL
10-24-2014, 10:05 PM
31-0 with about 5 minutes left. This one was completely controlled by the Brahmas. Sweeny is a distant 3rd place contender, if that. The Bulls missed a couple of opportunities in the red zone, it could have been worse. We are poised to make a good playoff run and are playing fantastic football right now. The D was lights out and didn't allow Sweeny to get anything. I would be surprised if Sweeny had over 100 yards of total offense. Let's not put the cart before the horse, finish strong by whipping up on Columbus. Leave no doubt. Way to go Brahmas!

zebrablue2
10-24-2014, 11:52 PM
Congrats to Coach Rowe and the Brahmas, what a good season...

Saggy Aggie
10-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Wonder where rancher is?

BrahmaMOMMA
10-25-2014, 12:23 AM
What a great season so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zebrablue2
10-25-2014, 07:50 AM
Wonder where rancher is?

:evillol:

whitelightning5
10-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Did anyone see what Graves did last night to get ejected? From my view I couldn't tell. Typically its throwing a punch, but looked like a ball was thrown and there was pushing and shoving. Any clue how Rowe handles this? Is it just extra "conditioning" or will it be more?

MJMbrahmas10
10-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I didn't see what graves did, I'm wondering as well.

BB BULLS
10-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Did anyone see what Graves did last night to get ejected? From my view I couldn't tell. Typically its throwing a punch, but looked like a ball was thrown and there was pushing and shoving. Any clue how Rowe handles this? Is it just extra "conditioning" or will it be more?

for some reason when got up he threw ball at the Sweeny player then I think he threw a punch or shoved another player. Rowe might sit him for game but we don't yet will see

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Bellville sounds like they're forreal. Sweeny isn't a bad team.

WC beat them by 10 I thonk, granted WC was without their best player to that point in the season. I think if they played again, WC would win by 20 or so.

That said, a 31 or win over the dawgs is pretty impressive. Nice win Bellville