PDA

View Full Version : Buckeyes Hit the Road to Bullard for Week 9

buckeyebob
10-18-2014, 09:33 AM
The Gilmer Buckeyes are on the road again after fantastic Homecoming festivities (our first home game this season) last night. Great to see the Old Guys from our 2004 State Championship Team.

Bullard is coming off a big time WIN of the Community Braves last night & rumor has it they are out for Buckeye Blood next. Bullard stayed with us thru the realignment this time...always enjoy playing there...stop in Tyler for good eats...great facility & hospitality.

As to the blood letting, not so sure. Ought'a be a good one.

Aesculus gilmus
10-18-2014, 09:53 AM
"Old Guys" are now ranging in age from 25 to 28. By comparison, you and I are measured in geologic time. :)

I have to pat myself on the back here for correctly predicting before the season that Pleasant Grove would be our bi-district opponent. Nobody believed me. Heck, if the Wing T'sters manage to fool Tatum badly enough on Nov. 7, we might even face Tatum in bi-district.

I got it wrong on Atlanta, though. Even though the Rabbs' star player, Eddrick King, was out, Gladewater was way too much for them. Sadly, I have to conclude that the Bears are the real deal and this will be Gilmer's quarterfinal opponent. I hope the UIL doesn't have some rule that we have to play that game somewhere 100 or more miles west of here.

I am very glad these two schools are still in the same region. It'd be hard to deal with having to play a state title game between two schools 13 miles apart at a venue 150 miles west of here.

poisoned10
10-18-2014, 04:32 PM
"Old Guys" are now ranging in age from 25 to 28. By comparison, you and I are measured in geologic time. :)

I have to pat myself on the back here for correctly predicting before the season that Pleasant Grove would be our bi-district opponent. Nobody believed me. Heck, if the Wing T'sters manage to fool Tatum badly enough on Nov. 7, we might even face Tatum in bi-district.

I got it wrong on Atlanta, though. Even though the Rabbs' star player, Eddrick King, was out, Gladewater was way too much for them. Sadly, I have to conclude that the Bears are the real deal and this will be Gilmer's quarterfinal opponent. I hope the UIL doesn't have some rule that we have to play that game somewhere 100 or more miles west of here.

I am very glad these two schools are still in the same region. It'd be hard to deal with having to play a state title game between two schools 13 miles apart at a venue 150 miles west of here.

Like Henderson and Chapel Hill did a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

bobcat1
10-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Question is how much over 50 will Gilmer score and how far under 10 will Bullard be?

buckeyebob
10-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Question is how much over 50 will Gilmer score and how far under 10 will Bullard be?

it a'int right to say...2009, we blew up their score board...literally...& not with TNT...final was 71-0...fireballs & sparklers were shooting out of it

bobcat1
10-18-2014, 09:08 PM
it a'int right to say...2009, we blew up their score board...literally...& not with TNT...final was 71-0...fireballs & sparklers were shooting out of it
Oh no :doh:

waterboy
10-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Bullard has definitely had trouble with their scoreboard when the Buckeyes come to town. Of course in '09, it blew up, then another year a storm came through and blew the scoreboard down the week of the Buckeye game. It's probably a good thing though. Gilmer smoked 'em pretty good. It was kinda hard to keep up with the score, of which there were a bunch, and we didn't have any idea about how much time was on the clock. Some people from Bullard are putting us on upset alert...:eek::(:crazy: