PDA

View Full Version : RIO HONDO BOBCATS vs ORANGE GROVE BULLDOGS

ValleyCat
10-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Saw film and stats on OG....whoever said they are just a passing team is WRONG. They have a complimentary running game that sets up their passing game well.

'Cats need to avoid MAN COVERAGE at all costs and need help over the top....either way Harris will get his yards, without a doubt.

Hondo Harris can pass AND run....WRs run precise routes, they're fast, strong and get that YAC....'Cats are going to have make sure every tackle counts on D.

'Cats offense overcame tons of miscues to beat PI, but there is alot of work to be done this coming week...the 'Cats do have big play threats, but it's our running game that's going to have keep moving the chains, keep the clock running and play keep away for our D to get some rest.

RH has to emphasize mistake-free football this week in practice. Minimize silly penalties and try to eliminate the four TOs we had against Port Isabel.

RH in a close one...31-28.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-18-2014, 10:21 AM
This one should be a definite GoTW Nominee.

Winner is in the driver's seat for D16 DII

YTBulldogs
10-18-2014, 10:47 AM

Winner is in the driver's seat for D16 DII

Sadly, Sinton is playing Cuero. So, you know which will be GOTW. :doh: Again Tarp.

But yes, it will be a nominee (cause you just made it that) if that means anything.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Sadly, Sinton is playing Cuero. So, you know which will be GOTW. :doh: Again Tarp.

But yes, it will be a nominee (cause you just made it that) if that means anything.

Heh, I've already conceded the fact Sinton/Cuero is STATE GoTW.

This one should be Region IV GoTW.

See what I did there? lmao

Old Green
10-18-2014, 11:24 AM

Winner is in the driver's seat for D16 DII:ditto::iagree:

ValleyCat
10-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Heh, I've already conceded the fact Sinton/Cuero is STATE GoTW.

This one should be Region IV GoTW.

See what I did there? lmao

Sinton/Cuero gets my vote for sure...Cuero's playing well. Sinton having some injuries from my understanding.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Bump!

99IHSMustang
10-20-2014, 07:28 PM
This should be a good one, but don't know anything about RH. OG has a heck of a QB.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2014, 07:34 PM
This should be a good one, but don't know anything about RH. OG has a heck of a QB.imo bad matchup for Rio Hondo, they're better at stopping the run. Could be a long night for RH trying to stop OG passing game.If Rio Hondo offensively can get their passing game working early then their run game should be effective.

OG by 3 tds

OG matchup problem might be the next game.

99IHSMustang
10-20-2014, 07:53 PM
imo bad matchup for Rio Hondo, they're better at stopping the run. Could be a long night for RH trying to stop OG passing game.If Rio Hondo offensively can get their passing game working early then their run game should be effective.

OG by 3 tds

That is no good for RH. OG will probably take it by 2-3 TDS.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-20-2014, 10:35 PM
imo bad matchup for Rio Hondo, they're better at stopping the run. Could be a long night for RH trying to stop OG passing game.If Rio Hondo offensively can get their passing game working early then their run game should be effective.

OG by 3 tds

Rio Hondo's run defense is tremendous, that's why they were able to match up well vs. PI. Though truth be told, PI shot themselves in the foot a few too many times. Credit to Rio Hondo for capitalizing.

But as for matching up with Orange Grove, their secondary will get tested. Although Rio Hondo does have some size and a little bit of speed at the ends, if they aren't able to pressure Harris, it will be a long game for the Bobcats.

ValleyCat
10-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Rio Hondo's run defense is tremendous, that's why they were able to match up well vs. PI. Though truth be told, PI shot themselves in the foot a few too many times. Credit to Rio Hondo for capitalizing.

But as for matching up with Orange Grove, their secondary will get tested. Although Rio Hondo does have some size and a little bit of speed at the ends, if they aren't able to pressure Harris, it will be a long game for the Bobcats.

Well, the way I see it is Harris is going to get his yards...period. Whether it's with his arm or legs. Our offense needs to be our best defense and wear down their D and keep OG's offense off the field.

The score against PI really should have been 42-14...'Cats did not capitalize on three missed opportunities in the first half....credit to PI's D for creating Havoc for our offense. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

OG seems to nickel and dime...and BAM! over the top...their run game is efficient enough to create some balance....errr...'Cats can't get caught in one on one coverage....who was the WR that made one move on the Raymondville CB and got that easy six??

Footballfan2000
10-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Harris is a good QB he trains at the Vannoy QB Academy. My son is also training there and he really enjoys it. Harris gets that ball out quick tuff to defend.

ValleyCat
10-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Harris is a good QB he trains at the Vannoy QB Academy. My son is also training there and he really enjoys it. Harris gets that ball out quick tuff to defend.

Is it me or is Vannoy copying George Whitfield's methods?

Footballfan2000
10-23-2014, 09:12 AM
Is it me or is Vannoy copying George Whitfield's methods?
Some of the drills are a lot alike. But what I like is he uses a lot of video to point out to my son what adjustments need to be made. Gives him drills and things he will not get from his coaches at school. My son really enjoys going to work there.

ValleyCat
10-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Some of the drills are a lot alike. But what I like is he uses a lot of video to point out to my son what adjustments need to be made. Gives him drills and things he will not get from his coaches at school. My son really enjoys going to work there.

10-4. I'm sold. I'll be passing the word on over at the 956sportsforum....hadn't heard of Vannoy until I looked up Harris's highlights from last season.

Harris, by far, is one of the top QBs in Region IV...and he's only a junior. I'm looking forward to seeing him next season also...and hopefully, on Saturdays. Any offers for Harris yet??

Footballfan2000
10-23-2014, 02:03 PM
10-4. I'm sold. I'll be passing the word on over at the 956sportsforum....hadn't heard of Vannoy until I looked up Harris's highlights from last season.

Harris, by far, is one of the top QBs in Region IV...and he's only a junior. I'm looking forward to seeing him next season also...and hopefully, on Saturdays. Any offers for Harris yet??
Not sure if he has got any offers yet. I think I saw that there is a QB from the valley that works with Vannoy.

Ranger354
10-23-2014, 09:32 PM
OG will take Rio Hondo... Probably end up facing Sinton in the playoffs. Pirates will take them there... Just my 2 cents.

ValleyCat
10-24-2014, 09:24 AM
OG will take Rio Hondo... Probably end up facing Sinton in the playoffs. Pirates will take them there... Just my 2 cents.

A Sinton and RH rematch?? Wonderful!