PDA

View Full Version : i see that the bellville brahamas have a early intrest in marlin again this yr

MARLINFAN
11-17-2003, 09:00 AM
wow i was surprised to see so many players and coaches from bellville at the marlin game saturday. last year they didt appear until newton. i really would like to see the reamatch this yr

cunbed10
11-17-2003, 10:07 AM
MARLINFAN:
wow i was surprised to see so many players and coaches from bellville at the marlin game saturday. last year they didn't appear until newton. i really would like to see the reamatch this yrYeah! everyones anticipating this one, but both teams still have unfinished business to handle first, so let's stay with Newton as our focus now.

<small>[ November 17, 2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: cunbed10 ]</small>

St. Ivender
11-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Don't you folks think they were there simply because Bellville played Friday night and Marlin played Saturday ? They would have been there at the Saturday night game regardless of who the opponent was. I'm sure there were plenty of fans and players from Newton there at Waco as well.

BrahmaMom
11-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Waco is a long way from Bellville just to see a game. The Brahmas do their homework. Saturday was a great opportunity to watch a little more football and check out some competition. Marlin gave us all we could handle last year, we will be ready for every game this year. We have an experienced senior team, talent, heart, and focus. However, you can be sure, as of Monday, the Brahmas are only thinking about Huffman--One game at a time! GO BRAHMAS!!!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-17-2003, 12:37 PM
I think the players enjoy watching a good football game, just like us fans do. Since most teams play on Friday night, they never get the chance to see other teams play. Getting to see a great team and possible future opponent, like Marlin, is a plus. I wouldn't be surprised to see some players at the Burnet/Wharton game and they are in division I.

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 12:58 PM
I think there were one or two Marlin players at the Bellville game Friday night as well. Much quicker drive for them, though, than the journey from B-town to Waco. You can't help but want to see a team like the Bulldogs, or Brahmas play, especially when everyone is telling you you'll meet them down the road in another "Dream Matchup". I don't think it takes away from the players' focus though, both teams know that they must take it one week at a time or it will be an early exit from the dance. I'll tell you one thing, if I wouldn't be out of town, some of my friends and I would be heading to Lufkin Sat for what should be one of the better games in the state. Should be a classic, best of luck to both teams, and safe travel for both teams. If I'm not mistaken, that's quite a trip from Marlin.