PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia vs. Beeville Jones

LV_Bearfan
10-17-2014, 10:10 AM
After six battles against strong opponents, the schedule softens a bit.
It's time to increase consistency, stay healthy, and build depth for a playoff run.
What do you Sinton folks think about Beeville? Didn't seem like much of a game for you guys.

pirate4state
10-17-2014, 12:29 PM
I missed the game, but the first half - we couldn't stop them, then I think there was an ass chewing at half-time and we put the game away. LV will have no problem with Beeville. I love Mitchell (HC) to death, but he is one year away from having Beeville where they can challenge folks.

YTBulldogs
10-17-2014, 01:31 PM
I missed the game, but the first half - we couldn't stop them, then I think there was an ass chewing at half-time and we put the game away. LV will have no problem with Beeville. I love Mitchell (HC) to death, but he is one year away from having Beeville where they can challenge folks.

Not based on what the Beeville JV has. Now LV on the other hand, watch out. They got some massive lineman coming, that to me, are just brutal. They love to lead block and just flatten defenders. And, a left footed kicker that put them all, but one, in endzone last night, in the air.

LV_Bearfan
10-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Not based on what the Beeville JV has. Now LV on the other hand, watch out. They got some massive lineman coming, that to me, are just brutal. They love to lead block and just flatten defenders. And, a left footed kicker that put them all, but one, in endzone last night, in the air.

Good news. With the stud linebackers coming back, should be a good foundation. Not sure what the skill players will be like next year.

YTBulldogs
10-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Good news. With the stud linebackers coming back, should be a good foundation. Not sure what the skill players will be like next year.

With them Hogs, Coach Grubb could gain 100 a game.

LV_Bearfan
10-17-2014, 02:08 PM
With them Hogs, Coach Grubb could gain 100 a game.

That's funny. I guess age catches us all. When I was in school, he and most of those coaches were still pretty young. Now, all turning gray. Would be nice to have one of his boys this year to put us over the top. I miss those brothers Grubb.

pirate4state
10-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Varsity Beeville is loaded with soph/juniors - or so I was told ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Varsity Beeville is loaded with soph/juniors - or so I was told ;)
yep and by next season most of them will have 3 yrs varsity experience. They didn't look to bad, their qb was accurate early in the game. Defensively at that time way behind the offense.

LV_Bearfan
10-17-2014, 05:06 PM
yep and by next season most of them will have 3 yrs varsity experience. They didn't look to bad, their qb was accurate early in the game. Defensively at that time way behind the offense.

This could be a pretty good game. It's in Beeville, and it sounds like they are and up and down team. It depends which one we see and whether they can play well for an entire game.