PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech's about to throw a wrench into the BCS...

Gobbla2001
11-01-2003, 10:13 PM
How screwed up will the BCS system be if VT keeps it up and wins?

Maybe this game will mess it up enough that they have to install a playoff system for College Football in the near future...

Virginia Tech 24
Miami 0
4:35 left in the 3rd QT

GO HOKIES!!!

MARLINFAN
11-01-2003, 10:29 PM
marcus vick just threw a td pass with :34 sec left in the 3rd qtr. vt 31 miami 0

the-O-fence
11-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Go Hoakies!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-02-2003, 12:15 AM
I think the BCS system is number one!!! But it's not the index finger i'm giving them......lets just say i'd pull a Stone Cold Steve Austin on 'em.....without the "Stunner".

Old Dog
11-02-2003, 12:47 AM
Amen Gobbla, the BCS sucks. The fans deserve a decent playoff system sooner than later.

bubba_chuck_34
11-02-2003, 01:15 AM
Yea i think they should get rid out the BCS just like they should get rid of the instant replay in the NFL. Miami still is the best one loss team in the nation. But they will need alot of help to play OU in the Sugar Bowl. But you never know. Who do yall think should play for the national title? I think OU vs. Miami, they didn't play like they could have tonight. All the other one loss teams have lost to mediocre teams.Miami will get it together the next weeks and hopefully make up for what happened tonight.

lobo70as
11-02-2003, 02:57 AM
I dont think it matters who plays in the national championship. No one right now can play on the level that OU is playing on. But you never know...

District303aPastPlayer
11-02-2003, 05:16 AM
a) why am i up at 4:15 am..
b) OU should win outright National Championship
c) good night

PhiI C
11-02-2003, 09:35 AM
I agree that the BCS is wrong for college football but they are afraid of lo$ing you know what. It is a disgrace that Division I lives in the past and is the only college division of all that does not have a real playoff system. The other Divisions seem to be doing fine in it but "Big Time Football?" lives in the past. They should at least take the top 8 teams and have a playoff team and let the other teams play in bowl games. True there would be sometimes controversy over the 8th team chosen but that is better that just picking two teams. If you get the top 8 teams you would get the cream of the crop. They will wake up someday maybe in the next century or two.

JasperDog94
11-02-2003, 09:56 AM
I heard that some of the smaller (non BCS) schools are threatening to sue because they don't qualify for a BCS birth and all the money that goes with it. The president of NCAA football said that he "want to keep the integrity of the bowl games." What a joke! One way or another it's got to change. I'd rather it not go to court, but if that's what it takes, so be it.

Showtime33
11-02-2003, 02:21 PM
I think the big question will be will Florida St now leap frog Miami even though Miami beat FSU. I think they might just because Miami got blown out like they did. But then again it could hurt FSU because they did lose to Miami, who got blown out by Va Tech. Its a mess. Sure with there were a playoff system. That would be the biggest sporting event if there were I think. I would be bigger than March Madness and bigger than The Superbowl.