PDA

View Full Version : Refugio

Leopardfan201
10-15-2014, 08:42 PM
We all know Refugio is good, been winning state titles for years in 2A how come they never schedule anyone from a larger classification

hollywood
10-15-2014, 08:44 PM
We all know Refugio is good, been winning state titles for years in 2A how come they never schedule anyone from a larger classification

They like being the bullies, not the bullied. :hairpunk:

Leopardfan201
10-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Yeah I know I dont see teams like cuero or sealy bellville ever on thr schedule

speedbump
10-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah I know I dont see teams like cuero or sealy bellville ever on thr schedule

Sealy or Bellville? Why in the world would they want to travel 150 miles for a non district game?

slingshot
10-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Sealy or Bellville? Why in the world would they want to travel 150 miles for a non district game?We do it all the time...:dispntd:

speedbump
10-15-2014, 09:17 PM
We do it all the time...:dispntd:

Yea but there aint no traffic out there.

Leopardfan201
10-15-2014, 09:21 PM
I would like too see maybe a cuero or west Columbia matchup

YTBulldogs
10-15-2014, 09:22 PM
I'd like to see the match up Refugio has been wanting myself.

speedbump
10-15-2014, 09:28 PM
I would like too see maybe a cuero or west Columbia matchup

Cuero played them up until about 1985. i guess it could happen again,but the enrollment numbers will have to change some.

Old Green
10-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Cuero and Refugio are actually dead even at 11 wins and losses through the years.

Leopardfan201
10-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Too me Refugio is afraid too play a sumbody and loves to play nobody s

YTBulldogs
10-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Too me Refugio is afraid too play a sumbody and loves to play nobody s

They claim they want to play Calallen (which will never happen). And, they claim they'd beat them by 2 TD's. Granted, they could beat numerous 5A's, but--not this one IMO.

slingshot
10-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Yea but there aint no traffic out there.Been on I-20 lately? The oilfield traffic is ridiculous...

JacketSwarm
10-15-2014, 10:18 PM
how is refugio pronounced. like re-foo-g-o or re-foo-he-o. or re-fear-io. I never heard so many different pronunciations. they only have the guts to play teams they know they can beat. wimps

Fire Away

FB-fanatic
10-15-2014, 10:25 PM
how is refugio pronounced. like re-foo-g-o or re-foo-he-o. or re-fear-io. I never heard so many different pronunciations. they only have the guts to play teams they know they can beat. wimps

Fire Away

Ruh-foo-fee-oh

Mexia = "dair-ee-queen" (old joke)

hollywood
10-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Ruh-foo-fee-oh

Mexia = "dair-ee-queen" (old joke)

Lol, I used to live there in the mid 80's. It was Ra-feario. Cool little town. Kind of behind the times but cool.

regaleagle
10-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Re-fury-0. That's how we all pronounce it Texan style. The Mexicans pronounce it Rre-foo-he-0. Shiner pronounces it Bullsheet, after last week's OT loss in which they were leading, haha.

Weebe
10-16-2014, 07:49 AM

Fire Away

re-fury-oh

StangEm
10-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Sealy or Bellville? Why in the world would they want to travel 150 miles for a non district game?

Don't they have Yoe on the schedule? I thought I remember hearing they did. That's a helluva drive for both teams to make.

speedbump
10-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Don't they have Yoe on the schedule? I thought I remember hearing they did. That's a helluva drive for both teams to make.

No, they don't play Yoe.

GodleyEast
10-16-2014, 08:27 AM
alright silliies

1st, They won the state championship one time in the last couple of decades.

and lets see....they are a 2a school now (league known as the former 1a) they just beat Cameron yoe(back to back state champions and been to state 3 out of the last 4 years) Bellville? Seally? we are talking about teams that are 2 classifications above refugio's enrollment. Teams mentioned that would have NO chance to stay on the field with cameron yoe.(or refugio if you think about it) There were some larger schools coaches that talked a big game about they would schedule refugio but chickened out.(good move) What would be in it for a school 2 classifications higher to schedule a program like refugio? Nothing. Nothing but a chance to get laughed at.

I will credit Ingleside, trashy redman chewing women or not, with scheduling refugio, but they couldnt handle the cats.

Now I'm not gonna go as far as to call coaches 2 classifications higher chickens, but some might.

you figure it out.

please forgive me if some of my info is incorrect.

Good morning to ya.

GodleyEast
10-16-2014, 08:30 AM
No, they don't play Yoe.

09/26
7:30p Cameron Yoe (Cameron, TX)Location: Refugio High SchoolBox Score 27 - 20
Win for Refugio

You sir kinda got caught with your head in the sand. Try to keep up.

btw, i'm no refugio fan.

GodleyEast
10-16-2014, 08:32 AM
No, they don't play Yoe.

lolz

speedbump
10-16-2014, 08:42 AM
09/26
7:30p Cameron Yoe (Cameron, TX)Location: Refugio High SchoolBox Score 27 - 20
Win for Refugio

You sir kinda got caught with your head in the sand. Try to keep up.

btw, i'm no refugio fan.

Didn't have my head in the sand. Now and then I just fall asleep waiting for you to catch up.

GodleyEast
10-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Didn't have my head in the sand. Now and then I just fall asleep waiting for you to catch up.

touche!

GodleyEast
10-16-2014, 08:52 AM
ill be borrowing that

speedbump
10-16-2014, 08:58 AM
ill be borrowing that

Feel free.

bd62
10-16-2014, 09:03 AM
The last few yrs he has schedule at least one very good
Non Dist game. As mention this yr Yoe. Even going
down one division this dist is by far tougher than last yrs.
OT against Shiner in first dist game. They will probably met
again in playoffs.

Rabid Cougar
10-16-2014, 09:04 AM

This year Refugio (2A Div I) have played Cameron (3A Div1) 27-20, Hebronville (3A Div II) 54-0, Mathis (3 A Div I) 56-13, San Diego (3A Div I) 40-0, Banquet (3A Div II)49-20 . They played Shiner last week in their first District game and only beat them 34-28

Rabid Cougar
10-16-2014, 09:05 AM
No, they don't play Yoe.

BUT they have played Cameron!

Leopardfan201
10-16-2014, 09:56 AM
alright silliies

1st, They won the state championship one time in the last couple of decades.

and lets see....they are a 2a school now (league known as the former 1a) they just beat Cameron yoe(back to back state champions and been to state 3 out of the last 4 years) Bellville? Seally? we are talking about teams that are 2 classifications above refugio's enrollment. Teams mentioned that would have NO chance to stay on the field with cameron yoe.(or refugio if you think about it) There were some larger schools coaches that talked a big game about they would schedule refugio but chickened out.(good move) What would be in it for a school 2 classifications higher to schedule a program like refugio? Nothing. Nothing but a chance to get laughed at.

I will credit Ingleside, trashy redman chewing women or not, with scheduling refugio, but they couldnt handle the cats.

Now I'm not gonna go as far as to call coaches 2 classifications higher chickens, but some might.

you figure it out.

please forgive me if some of my info is incorrect.

Good morning to ya. Refugio afraid too play teams they know can beat them

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Refugio afraid too play teams they know can beat themHave La Grange coach call them, apparently they've been looking all over for games when it's time schedule new ones. They have talent that are in diapers still and up to sub varisity so doesn't matter what year it is they'll be good every year. I will note that I've heard a few times Refugio followers says Sinton didn't want to play but Sinton coach has noted in newspaper they didn't want to schedule us and even took us off from our scrimmages. No doubt they're loaded but Sinton has held its own against them over the years.

hollywood
10-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Refugio's recent allure is that the kids beleive in the program and beleive they are the best. Refugio has shyed away from playing tougher competition in pre-district and/or scrimmages in fear they will be exposed or beat down which would damage their allure.

I don't know... just a guess. :D

YTBulldogs
10-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Have La Grange coach call them, apparently they've been looking all over for games when it's time schedule new ones. They have talent that are in diapers still and up to sub varisity so doesn't matter what year it is they'll be good every year. I will note that I've heard a few times Refugio followers says Sinton didn't want to play but Sinton coach has noted in newspaper they didn't want to schedule us and even took us off from our scrimmages. No doubt they're loaded but Sinton has held its own against them over the years.

I for one hope, we remove them from scrimmages next re-alignment. Especially there. We been their twice, over last 3 years, and have yet got a complete scrimmage in. Including the live portion of a scrimmage. Plus, they can't service our 9th grade team.

Leopardfan201
10-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Have La Grange coach call them, apparently they've been looking all over for games when it's time schedule new ones. They have talent that are in diapers still and up to sub varisity so doesn't matter what year it is they'll be good every year. I will note that I've heard a few times Refugio followers says Sinton didn't want to play but Sinton coach has noted in newspaper they didn't want to schedule us and even took us off from our scrimmages. No doubt they're loaded but Sinton has held its own against them over the years.

La Grange ya should at least its tougher competition ya haven't played in year's

PhiI C
10-16-2014, 04:05 PM

They used to play us and had success but Refugio dropped Sinton from their schedule because of injuries or so I heard.

sinfan75
10-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Sinton vs. Refugio was a HUGE rivalry for close 80 years or so. The bottom line is the rivalry was stopped because of declining enrollment numbers on the part of Refugio. Although Refugio and Sinton fans wanted the two teams to keep playing the powers that be said no more. That was Sinton's biggest rival ever!!

Eagle 1
10-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Mason will knock Refugio out of the playoffs if Shiner doesn't get to them first the second time around.
Mason IMO has the best defense in 2A, and probably could shut down quiet a few 3A schools. Their offense is not as potent as the year they won state, but their defense makes up for it.

Eagle 1
12-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Mason will knock Refugio out of the playoffs if Shiner doesn't get to them first the second time around.
Mason IMO has the best defense in 2A, and probably could shut down quiet a few 3A schools. Their offense is not as potent as the year they won state, but their defense makes up for it.

Final:

Mason 24

Refugio 20

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Refurio is old news........what about them Mineola Yellowjackets:D

bd62
12-07-2014, 09:01 PM
No, they don't play Yoe.

Played Cameron Yoa this yr in non-dist. and beat Yoe 27-20.