PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Princeton

catgut
10-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Paris plays Princeton for the district lead this week. They are new to our district and I know nothing about them. Has anyone saw them play and have any opinions?

Farmersfan
10-16-2014, 08:16 AM
One of the better recruiting jobs in Texas football!!!!

panfan
10-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Mascot: Tigers
Colors: Orange and Black

Bullaholic
10-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Paris plays Princeton for the district lead this week. They are new to our district and I know nothing about them. Has anyone saw them play and have any opinions?

Don't know about this year's Princeton team, but Bridgeport played them a couple of seasons ago and they ran all over us. Seems like Princeton has been blessed with a lot of fast, athletic kids the last few years. Best of luck to Paris.

regaleagle
10-16-2014, 11:35 AM
They are another "growing" community located East of 75 between McKinney and Farmersville with plenty of landmass in the school district to expand in the future. I see them as being very competitive in most UIL events in this classification. I'm certain they have some pretty darn good athletes over there that are well-coached. I think that's enough for any competitor to be wary of. Their only loss this season came against an undefeated 5A Arlington Heights(6-0) club. They've played a fairly competitive predistrict schedule, including several 5A's and a good win against Gainesville 27-14. Looks like their junior qb Colt Collins(6-1, 205) is developing into a good passing qb, but can also run. The team is averaging 235 yds. passing/game and 175 rushing. Their lines appear to have decent size, but nothing above normal for a D1 4A. Overall the Panthers seem to have a well-balanced offense, averaging 40 pts/gm while the defense has allowed an average of just under 24 pts/game.

catgut
10-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Looking forward to a great game then.
Don't know about this year's Princeton team, but Bridgeport played them a couple of seasons ago and they ran all over us. Seems like Princeton has been blessed with a lot of fast, athletic kids the last few years. Best of luck to Paris.

regaleagle
10-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Most prognoticators are leaning toward Paris in this battle, simply because they were rated higher to start the season and have a very good qb. I'm one of them, lol....but I'm an Argyle fan and biased because we have already played Paris. What I really think is that this game will be a very highly contested affair with each team trading scores the entire game. I don't see one team dominating the other, and fans will see 2 good qb's with different styles. Princeton has been flying under the radar so far, but look for them to air it out against Paris this week. Paris will try to control the time of possession, but may be able to break some big plays with their star qb Quez Allen. He can break it on any play for a TD or pass it for a big score. So the time of possession could be cancelled by quick-strike scores. I'll take Paris in this one in a close game. I think their defense will get the stop they need in the 4th quarter to seal the win.

catgut
10-18-2014, 06:47 AM
I've never been to a game like that one in my lifetime. Quez Allen had 393 yards passing with 5 touchdowns and 195 yards rushing with 1 touchdown. We lost the game 65-64. There wasn't much defense played on either side. Princeton has a good QB, good receivers, and a good offensive line. We scored to go up 64-58 with two minutes to go. Kick off and they fumble but one of their players picks it up and goes for touchdown.
It was really an entertaining game to watch but the refs decided it with four or five pass interference calls from middle of third quarter on. If a third down pass was incomplete there was a flag. Our officials we've used this year have been awful.
I don't see anyone else in district beating either one of us so we should finish one and two.

regaleagle
10-18-2014, 09:35 AM
I've never been to a game like that one in my lifetime. Quez Allen had 393 yards passing with 5 touchdowns and 195 yards rushing with 1 touchdown. We lost the game 65-64. There wasn't much defense played on either side. Princeton has a good QB, good receivers, and a good offensive line. We scored to go up 64-58 with two minutes to go. Kick off and they fumble but one of their players picks it up and goes for touchdown.
It was really an entertaining game to watch but the refs decided it with four or five pass interference calls from middle of third quarter on. If a third down pass was incomplete there was a flag. Our officials we've used this year have been awful.
I don't see anyone else in district beating either one of us so we should finish one and two.

What was the score at the end of regulation? Did both teams keep scoring touchdowns, or were there field goals traded also? I guess Paris missed an extra point kick or finally went for 2 and lost? Or did Princeton go for two and win?

catgut
10-18-2014, 07:41 PM
What was the score at the end of regulation? Did both teams keep scoring touchdowns, or were there field goals traded also? I guess Paris missed an extra point kick or finally went for 2 and lost? Or did Princeton go for two and win?That was the score at end of regulation. Actually Princeton missed and extra point and later kicked a field goal. We went for two on the last touchdown because our holder was hurt on the scoring play.