PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Rattlers

OldBison75
10-15-2014, 01:56 PM
There has not been a lot of discussion about the Rattlers on this board this year. Hemotoxic has said that he is not totally sure how good we are this year and I agree to a point. I still think there is improvement to be made for the defense to match the 2012 rattlers. However, this team is still getting better. I will say that statistically this team has some impressive numbers when you consider that the starters have very seldom played more than one series in the second half of any game but the Coldspring game. Here are some numbers that might interest other posters:

Passing: Eppler (Jr) 105 of 160 for 1762 yards with 27 TD's and 5 INT's (completitions to 15 different receivers and 7 different receivers w/TD catches)

Rushing: Randle (Sr) 79 Carries for 780 yards and 9 TD's (9 different running backs with carries)

Receiving: Dickson (Jr) 34 catches for 793 yards and 16 TD's (15 receivers with catches and 7 receivers with TD's)

19 players have contribute yards to the attack
10 different players have scored TD's

On defense the Rattlers have 14 total sacks with Hunter (So) with 5 and Flores (Jr) with 4

KICKER Martinez is 48 FOR 48 on PAT and 4 of 6 on FG's

Team:

Navasota has scored a total of 46 TD's on 319 offensive plays (TD scored every 6.9 plays)

154 rushes for 1370 yards (8.9 per carry and 228.3 per game) 19 TD's
165 pass plays for 1827 yards and 27 TD's

There has also been one 99 yards kickoff return for a TD.

Considering that the team has played starters together in only 19 of the 24 quarters of football played so far, these don't look too bad.

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2014, 02:37 PM
There has not been a lot of discussion about the Rattlers on this board this year. Hemotoxic has said that he is not totally sure how good we are this year and I agree to a point. I still think there is improvement to be made for the defense to match the 2012 rattlers. However, this team is still getting better. I will say that statistically this team has some impressive numbers when you consider that the starters have very seldom played more than one series in the second half of any game but the Coldspring game. Here are some numbers that might interest other posters:

Passing: Eppler (Jr) 105 of 160 for 1762 yards with 27 TD's and 5 INT's (completitions to 15 different receivers and 7 different receivers w/TD catches)

Rushing: Randle (Sr) 79 Carries for 780 yards and 9 TD's (9 different running backs with carries)

Receiving: Dickson (Jr) 34 catches for 793 yards and 16 TD's (15 receivers with catches and 7 receivers with TD's)

On defense the Rattlers have 14 total sacks with Hunter (So) with 5 and Flores (Jr) with 4

Team:

Navasota has scored a total of 46 TD's on 319 offensive plays (TD scored every 6.9 plays)

Considering that the team has played starters together in only 19 of the 24 quarters of football played so far, these don't look too bad.

Nice work Oldbison75. I will say, I wasn't happy with the decision to have Epler at QB last season. Boy that has surely paid off. What a deference a year makes!

hollywood
10-15-2014, 02:40 PM

Team:

Good stuff OldBison75. IF both are fortunate enough, we'll see you at Jerry's World.

4A D1 State Championship
Stephenville vs Navasota

A lot of football left with many other teams in the mix as well, but these 2 have been my favorites before the season started and are looking to be the best 2 teams in Div 1. Again, we'll have to see how it all shakes out.

87 TIGER
10-15-2014, 03:13 PM
As always rattlers lookin good! Best of luck hope y'all win it all, sure glad we don't have to play y'all anymore .

Bullaholic
10-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Good stuff OldBison75. IF both are fortunate enough, we'll see you at Jerry's World.

4A D1 State Championship
Stephenville vs Navasota

A lot of football left with many other teams in the mix as well, but these 2 have been my favorites before the season started and are looking to be the best 2 teams in Div 1. Again, we'll have to see how it all shakes out.

Ehhhhhhh.....who would play Argyle first?

hollywood
10-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Ehhhhhhh.....who would play Argyle first?

From what I've seen personally, Argyle is solid but very beatable :hand:. Especially if they make it far enough to play Stephenville. Stephenville has the DL and LB's to slow Ralston. Graham had the DL but not the LB's. I know this may stir it up a bit, but it's true.

Bullaholic
10-15-2014, 04:17 PM
From what I've seen personally, Argyle is solid but very beatable :hand:. Especially if they make it far enough to play Stephenville. Stephenville has the DL and LB's to slow Ralston. Graham had the DL but not the LB's. I know this may stir it up a bit, but it's true.

That may be so, hollywood, but Argyle has proven to be arguably the hardest team to beat in the biggest games in recent years. My apologies to the Nav folks on their thread----I think any games among Argyle, Stephenville, and Navasota will be dandies and well worth watching....

OldBison75
10-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Just remember, Navasota still has a line up of tough opponents in the playoffs and anything can happen at that level. I expect them to make it through Region 3 and into the semis against the region 4 representative. However, too many things can happen between now and then to be sure about anything. As for the others, I expect Stephenville and Argyle will have a lot to say about who ends up in Jerry World. Hope to see you there later this year!!!!

garageoffice
10-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Slow down here guys....

Don't forget, before Argyle gets to play Stephenville, they've got to get past Kennedale and the Wildcats are playing the best football I've seen them play in many years. :)

Leopardfan201
10-15-2014, 08:35 PM
I agree Navasota hasent really played nobody but coldspring this might hurt them deeper in the playoffs

Leopardfan201
10-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Teams lilke argyle and Stephenville and kennedale will post problem s for Navasota

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2014, 09:02 PM
I agree Navasota hasent really played nobody but coldspring this might hurt them deeper in the playoffs

I don't know if that will necessarily hurt us or not. We heard that same response in 2012. When you are good, any game that you play could potentially appear to be a non worthy opponent.

JacketSwarm
10-15-2014, 10:23 PM
hope the sotapops can make it to the state game this year. I want a match up with the VILLE. will be another butt whooping by the VILLE.

Fire Away

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2014, 07:06 AM
hope the sotapops can make it to the state game this year. I want a match up with the VILLE. will be another butt whooping by the VILLE.

Fire Away

Someone's trolling. I guess we will have to see. Will we not?

bobcat1
10-16-2014, 08:41 AM

:1offtopc::fnypost:Slow Ralston?? I am laughing really hard at that one. The only way Stephenville slows Ralston is if he doesn't play. That young man is a beast. Whomever Navasota plays at Jerry's will be a good game. I'd go see it.

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2014, 12:45 PM
We will start with Sealy tomorrow night.. This game will more than likely determine the champion for our district.

Aguilafanatico
10-16-2014, 12:55 PM

4A D1 State Championship
Stephenville vs Navasota

Your favorite to be in the sc game is Stephenville vs Navasota? It was going to be Stephenville vs somebody, right Hollywood?

BB BULLS
10-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Your favorite to be in the sc game is Stephenville vs Navasota? It was going to be Stephenville vs somebody, right Hollywood?

I would have sure like to seen the 2012 rattlers vs 2012 stephenville team. talk about a game now that would have been a good one

hollywood
10-16-2014, 01:27 PM

No, I think Stephenville and Navasota are the 2 best teams in 4A D1 not to mention all of 4A this season. Doesn't mean I'm right or they are or that it's even guaranteed. ;) But that's my opinion. Let's see how it shakes out. Every team has room for improvement at this point in the season. Even Gilmer! :D

hollywood
10-16-2014, 01:28 PM
I would have sure like to seen the 2012 rattlers vs 2012 stephenville team. talk about a game now that would have been a good one

Agreed!

Aguilafanatico
10-16-2014, 01:38 PM

Yep. All you have to do to beat Argyle is slow Ralston. Must not be looking at the Argyle stats this year. Also, Argyle O-line dominated Graham's D-line, without the starting Left tackle. From what I have heard personally, Stephenville is very beatable........I mean has already been beaten once.

Aguilafanatico
10-16-2014, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=garageoffice;1831533]Slow down here guys....

Don't forget, before Argyle gets to play Stephenville, they've got to get past Kennedale and the Wildcats are playing the best football I've seen them play in many years. :)[/

Agreed. Lots of football left to be played.

hollywood
10-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Yep. All you have to do to beat Argyle is slow Ralston. Must not be looking at the Argyle stats this year. Also, Argyle O-line dominated Graham's D-line, without the starting Left tackle. From what I have heard personally, Stephenville is very beatable........I mean has already been beaten once.

Argyle didn't dominate Graham's D-line any more than Graham dominated Argyle's D-line from my perspective. It was the second level that Ralston had his success. LB's from Graham weren't able to make the stops when the D-line slowed Ralston. They would hit him but he kept churning for 3-5 more yards. Tough tough runner no question. If Argyle faces another team with a solid defense like many other teams in Region 2 and Region 1 that has a more explosive offense than Graham's, Argyle will be in trouble!

Aguilafanatico
10-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Argyle didn't dominate Graham's D-line any more than Graham dominated Argyle's D-line from my perspective. It was the second level that Ralston had his success. LB's from Graham weren't able to make the stops when the D-line slowed Ralston. They would hit him but he kept churning for 3-5 more yards. Tough tough runner no question. If Argyle faces another team with a solid defense like many other teams in Region 2 and Region 1 that has a more explosive offense than Graham's, Argyle will be in trouble!

Tape doesn't lie, Graham's d-line was toast in the 4th quarter. Argyle's O line has been doing that all year long. I could take your last sentence and change "Argyle" to "Stephenville" and it would also apply. Argyle has faced more explosive offenses than Graham's this year already, including Ranchview, Denison, and potentially Paris. Not sure I see a defense that can stop the Eagles O though.

Time will tell.