PDA

View Full Version : LG vs. Sealy, Bellville, Columbus, Navasota?

LG_DB
11-05-2002, 09:36 PM
I need someone to break it down for me. Pudlugger did but man i cant find it anymore. So please help frown

Pudlugger
11-05-2002, 10:42 PM
OK, if Sealy wins and Columbus wins Bellville goes D1 and LG plays Columbus. If Sealy wins and Navasota wins LG plays Bellville and Navasota goes D1. If Bellville wins and Navasota wins LG plays Sealy and Navasota goes D1. If Bellville wins and Columbus wins then Bellville goes D1 and LG plays Columbus. Got it? eek!

<small>[ November 05, 2002, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

BigStudLG
11-05-2002, 11:17 PM
Pudlugger, do i know you. Whats your name. I just wanna know who you are. I played football in LG all my life. You prob know me by my #74 of last year. I just wanna know LG top fans.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-05-2002, 11:24 PM
If Sealy and Navasota win, Sealy would have to beat Bellville by 16 points to knock them out of the #1 spot. If Sealy beats Bellville by 16 points this is how it will shape up!

Navasota #1 D1
Sealy #2
Bellville #3

If Sealy does not beat Bellville by 16 points this is how it would shape up, Plus a Navasota win.

Bellville #1
Navasota #2 D1
Sealy #3

There are more scenarios if Sealy, Navasota, and Columbus end up in a three way tie. They would all be 3-2. These scenarios are from the UIL.

HsFtblFan
11-06-2002, 12:22 AM
That information is incorrect.

If Sealy beats Bellville by any margin and Navasota beats Columbus by any margin, then Navasota would go Division 1 (and play Elgin in the first round), Sealy would get the top spot in Division 2 (and a first round playoff match-up with Giddings), and Bellville would get the runner-up spot (and a first round match-up with La Grange) due to the head to head result of the Sealy/Bellville game.

If Sealy beats Bellville by any margin and Columbus beats Navasota by any margin, then Bellville goes Division 1 to play Elgin, Sealy gets the top spot in Division 2 plays Giddings, and Columbus gets the second spot in Division 2 and plays La Grange. Navasota is out of the playoffs. Sealy and Bellville would both be 4-1 in district; Columbus and Navasota would both be 3-2 in district. Columbus is in because of the head to head result with Navasota.

If Sealy loses to Bellville and Columbus either loses to Navasota or doesn't win by more than 17 points, then Navasota goes Division 1 and plays Elgin, Bellville gets Giddings in the first round, and Sealy gets the runner up spot and has a first round match-up with La Grange. In this scenario, Columbus stays home.

If Sealy loses to Bellville then Columbus has to beat Navasota by 17 or more points. In this scenario, Bellville is the outright district champion, and Sealy, Columbus, and Navasota would be tied for the 2nd and 3rd playoff spots. Because the positive and negative tie-breaker points would be even, they would then go to a coin-flip to decide who goes on and who starts basketball.

With several different possibilities, this Friday night should be very interesting, not only in District 23-AAA, but also across the state. If you're a football fan, you have to love this time of the year. Good luck to all teams, and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2002, 01:04 AM
You are wrong Sealy has to win by 16 over Bellville, which will never happen, and a Navasota win. If there was a three way tie,
Bellville over Navasota 21-6 + 15
Navasota over Sealy 19-0 + 19
Sealy over Bellville + 16

Navasota + 19
Sealy + 16
Bellville+ 15
That only if Sealy wins by 16!

HsFtblFan
11-06-2002, 01:13 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma--

Why will it matter how many points Sealy will have to beat Bellville by if Navasota wins and goes Division 1? Then it comes down to only Sealy and Bellville thus using the head to head result. If Sealy wins, they get the top spot in Division 2. If Bellville wins, they obviously get the top spot in Division 2. The only way the points tie-breaker system would come into use would be between Sealy, Columbus, and Navasota just to see who would be in the playoffs. If Columbus, Sealy, and Bellville all make the playoffs, then Bellville goes Division 1 and points won't matter between Sealy and Bellville.

Oh, and check your private messages.

Pudlugger
11-06-2002, 09:38 AM
BigStudLG of course I remember you (I thought that was you BTW). We miss yall out there, especially the way you roused the team after TDs, as nobody is there to lift Chase anymore! I would PM you about my identity but you don't have a private message icon for some reason. Ask someone on the team who I am, they know me, as my cover got blown recently. Here's a hint: who wears #88 this season? He's my son. :cool:

bulldog94
11-06-2002, 11:35 AM
HsFtblFan

Some districts go on point systems only, regardless of head to head games in a 3 way tie. I know that Columbus has to beat Navasota by 18 points to get in. Navasota could go from 2nd to 4th if that happens. That would mean:

Bellville-D1
Sealy-D2 #1
Columbus-D2 #2