PDA

View Full Version : final four in both divisions

Leopardfan201
10-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Division 1

R1 Stephenville vs R2 Argyle or kennedale (tough one)
R3 Navasota(very tough) vs R4 La Vernia or Burnet( been rolling)

Division 2

R1 Celina vs R2 gilmer or Gladewater(tough one)
R3 La Grange( but west Orange and la Marque will challenge) vs R4 cuero( wouldn't be surprised if sinton was thr)

WOS87
10-14-2014, 10:51 PM
D1

Stephenville vs Kennedale
Navasota vs La Vernia

D2

Celina vs Gladewater
La Grange vs Cuero

La Marque, WOS, Gilmer and Sweetwater DEFINITELY won't make it that far

:cool:

Leopardfan201
10-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Navasota wins the state championship in division 1

Division 2 unsure( La Grange or Gilmer or Gladewater I say)

Aguilafanatico
10-15-2014, 09:39 AM
D1
Argyle 1s vs Argyle 2s

D2
Argyle JV vs Argyle Frosh.

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2014, 09:43 AM

:2thumbsup

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2014, 09:48 AM
There's still alot of football left. For Reg III- Division 1, West Columbia, Kilgore, and El Campo will have a lot to say about who represents the region.

waterboy
10-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Gladewater has already beaten everybody in D2 last week, so they are the state champs. Nobody in 4A-D2 is on the level of St. Thomas More out of Louisiana, the only team that beat them. I hear they already ordered rings...

Leopardfan201
10-15-2014, 10:10 AM
There's still alot of football left. For Reg III- Division 1, West Columbia, Kilgore, and El Campo will have a lot to say about who represents the region. hate too say but non of those teams r Navasota they r a special group

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2014, 10:15 AM
hate too say but non of those teams r Navasota they r a special group

2012 was a special group. Until I see more from a stiffer opponent, I am still unsure how good this years team is. What I've seen suggests that they are really good. Talk about perception. It may not be until the 2nd or 3rd round before the Rattlers are really tested.

Sealy should provide a descent matchup this week.

Leopardfan201
10-15-2014, 10:19 AM
2012 was a special group. Until I see more from a stiffer opponent, I am still unsure how good this years team is. What I've seen suggests that they are really good. Talk about perception. It may not be until the 2nd or 3rd round before the Rattlers are really tested.

Sealy should provide a descent matchup this week. yeah they should

buckeyebob
10-15-2014, 09:29 PM
How about Coldspring...& Gladewater?

Leopardfan201
10-15-2014, 09:47 PM

Gladewater is a very good team, but they have too beat gilmer too reach the state semis. I like thr chances

JacketSwarm
10-15-2014, 10:12 PM
not sure about D2, maybe gilmer. Stephenville and navasota for D1. it will be a repeat of 2012 in state game. VILLE 70 sotapops 35
argyle doesn't stand a chance. way to one demensional.

Fire Away

Roughneck93
10-15-2014, 10:19 PM
not sure about D2, maybe gilmer. Stephenville and navasota for D1. it will be a repeat of 2012 in state game. VILLE 70 sotapops 35

Fire Away

Wouldn't mind seeing a Jacket/Rattler game. Doubt you would hold them to 35 points though....

JacketSwarm
10-15-2014, 10:25 PM
same thing was said in 2012 all during the playoffs. Jackets proved everyone wrong each week. especially in the state game. set a record in that game. Stephenville is known as the city of champions for a reason.

Fire Away

regaleagle
10-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Gladewater's got a BIG game against a pretty darn good Atlanta squad this week that happens to be undefeated. They score more points per game and give up less, and have played a very similar schedule. I picked Atlanta this week to win this game.

Saggy Aggie
10-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Gladewater absolutely no doubt has the best player on the field though... Maybe the best player in Texas....

regaleagle
10-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Yeah, no doubt he's a stud....but Argyle didn't let that get in their way last season in the Regional Final. As I recall, the game was over by halftime.

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2014, 07:00 AM

Fire Away

Stephenville hasn't score 70 all season. I'm not sure why you think Navasota would give up 70 points.

buckeyebob
10-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Gladewater absolutely no doubt has the best player on the field though... Maybe the best player in Texas....

We have been pretty successful neutralizing Mack...it can be done...gotta keep enough stuff going on to keep him busy.

jason
10-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing a Jacket/Rattler game. Doubt you would hold them to 35 points though....
stephenville probably won't hold anybody to 35 points again this season unless they get a slappy in the first round or two.
maybe this week vs snyder.

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2014, 08:59 AM
unless they get a slappy in the first round or two.

Right now it's shaping up to be Mineral Wells then Clint. They're favored to beat both by a combined 70 points.

If they play Clint then Odessa is close to the halfway point.

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Here are prep's final four as of now

D1

Stephenville
Kennedale (favored by 8)

Navasota (favored by 11)
La Vernia

D2

Celina
Gilmer (favored by 19)

La Grange (favored by 11)
Cuero

waterboy
10-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Gladewater's got a BIG game against a pretty darn good Atlanta squad this week that happens to be undefeated. They score more points per game and give up less, and have played a very similar schedule. I picked Atlanta this week to win this game.

True, but Gladewater is the best team in 4A-D2 according to them. Personally, I don't think Gladewater will get past the 4th round again this year.:D;):thumbsup:

Leopardfan201
10-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Here are prep's final four as of now

D1

Stephenville
Kennedale (favored by 8)

Navasota (favored by 11)
La Vernia

D2

Celina
Gilmer (favored by 19)

La Grange (favored by 11)
Cuero

What I was thinking

regaleagle
10-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Good for friggin' Preps.....anybody could list 4 teams with spreads on them. Don't mean a hill a beans to me. It's a weekly battle with some twists that are unaccounted for, usually. In my mind, there are still about 10-12 teams in each division that could end up in the final four....maybe even more.

hollywood
10-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Good for friggin' Preps.....anybody could list 4 teams with spreads on them. Don't mean a hill a beans to me. It's a weekly battle with some twists that are unaccounted for, usually. In my mind, there are still about 10-12 teams in each division that could end up in the final four....maybe even more.

I agree regal. Stephenville 2012 wasn't given any chance to win it all and picked against throughout the playoff run. That's why you play the game.

OK, enough of the serious stuff. It's going to take a helluva team to beat VILLE anytime between now and the State Championship! Once district is decided... VILLE has another gear in the playoffs. Other teams will be trying to upshift... if you can't find it, grind it! Navasota appears to have the team this season. :evil:

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Good for friggin' Preps.....anybody could list 4 teams with spreads on them.

Do you even read the thread titles Captain Obvious?

Stephenville 2012 wasn't given any chance to win it all and picked against throughout the playoff run.

Now you're just making **** up. That's not true and you know it hollywood.

hollywood
10-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Do you even read the thread titles Captain Obvious?

Haha... you caught me!

regaleagle
10-16-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm personally leaning toward the Rattlers in D1 with their offensive output so far, but their schedule imo just hasn't given any way to get a true gauge on this team against top competition in this division. The jury is still out in Region I as far as I'm concerned....just too many capable teams able to knock the other out of the playoffs. LG is very impressive so far, also. Argyle is still a work in progress, although they have the "ingredients" you look for in a championship team. The qb Rodgers is impressing each week, and the offense is NOT one dimensional as most people think. The D for Argyle is coming along quickly, and may end up being very tough by the playoffs. The secondary is still a work in progress, imo. The D line is stout. Van is still undefeated and under the radar for being a top team, but there's lots of football left. They should be a factor. Kennedale may be the very best team in Region 2, but that is still to be determined. Not sure about Region 4.....except for the LV Bears. In Division II, Celina should be the odds on favorite for Region I, Gilmer, Atlanta, and Gladewater in Region II, Region 3 is wide open in my mind, and so is Region 4. So you can see that there too many teams out there in each division very capable of ending up in the final four.

OldBison75
10-16-2014, 12:24 PM

Fire Away

I will attempt to simplify for you JacketSwarm:
It is entirely possible that Stephenville and Navasota will meet at Jerry's World. However, there is still a lot of games to be played ad anything can happen. Also, there are several other teams that have the capability to change that matchup on both sides. Don't underestimate Argyle, Kennedale, Kilgore, LaVernia, Sinton, and some others. On any given night there can be so many things that go wrong.

With that said, if the Stephenville and Navasota matchup does happen, and I hope it does, it will not be a 70-35 game either way. I expect it will be a real battle and very exciting. If either team wins by more that 14 I would be shocked. I believe Navasota can score 35 on anyone in the state and Stephenville can probably do that too. I won't bite on the who's better at this time, but I will say that it is better to respect the accomplishments of the opponent and over confidence and bravado can leave a bad taste in the gut when you have to swallow brash words.

toddg
10-16-2014, 12:37 PM
i think Graham is the sneaky snake in R1 D1, and they WILL, drink up all of your rootbeer!

hollywood
10-16-2014, 01:43 PM

But, to some degree, there were many who thought Wylie would beat the Ville in 2012. There were also many that thought that even Kennedale would beat the Ville in 2012. There were even more that thought for sure Kilgore would beat the Ville in 2012. Then the grand finale against El Campo. Some gave Stephenville the edge because the Ville's D was suspect. My point is, the Ville again has a huge target on them and rightfully so. Each team scheduled against Stephenville prepares for it as a monumental game. I would too and know from the being on the other side like most teams. "You want to be the best, you have to beat the best and Stephenville is the best." Just for the record, Stephenville has lost just 1 game against teams in the same classification since dropping down in 2012 and that was to Kilgore last season. There's always a first time for everything... is this the year? Time will tell but I don't believe so.Region 1 is stronger than it's been in a while. Several really solid teams this season. We can thank the Gas and Oil industry for that. JMO

hollywood
10-16-2014, 01:48 PM
i think Graham is the sneaky snake in R1 D1, and they WILL, drink up all of your rootbeer!

Nothing sneaky about Graham toddg... seriously. They are solid no question. But not sneaky. They will make a run at it for sure and I pray that Stephenville and Graham meet in the playoffs... my guess is the 4th round. If that happens, it will be a fun week of banter! :1popcorn:

waterboy
10-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Hide your root beer!

Aguilafanatico
10-16-2014, 02:01 PM

Fire Away

Been looking at the stats or still having trouble sounding out the Sunday comics?

Argyle offensive yds
Rushing - 1,398 yds. 233 per game
Passing - 1,198 yds 200 per game

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2014, 02:12 PM
But, to some degree, there were many who thought Wylie would beat the Ville in 2012. There were also many that thought that even Kennedale would beat the Ville in 2012. There were even more that thought for sure Kilgore would beat the Ville in 2012. Then the grand finale against El Campo. Some gave Stephenville the edge because the Ville's D was suspect. My point is, the Ville again has a huge target on them and rightfully so. Each team scheduled against Stephenville prepares for it as a monumental game. I would too and know from the being on the other side like most teams. "You want to be the best, you have to beat the best and Stephenville is the best." Just for the record, Stephenville has lost just 1 game against teams in the same classification since dropping down in 2012 and that was to Kilgore last season. There's always a first time for everything... is this the year? Time will tell but I don't believe so.Region 1 is stronger than it's been in a while. Several really solid teams this season. We can thank the Gas and Oil industry for that. JMO

No, what it was is some of the Stephenville fans had the mentality that it was them against the world and everybody hates us because
we are dropping attitude. That just wasn't the case. Most expected you guys to dominate which you did. Congrats for that but to say
Stephenville wasn't given any chance to win it and everyone picked against the yellowjackets in the playoffs is just nonsense hollywood.

caleb_mccaig
10-16-2014, 02:23 PM
No, what it was is some of the Stephenville fans had the mentality that it was them against the world and everybody hates us because
we are dropping attitude. That just wasn't the case. Most expected you guys to dominate which you did. Congrats for that but to say
Stephenville wasn't given any chance to win it and everyone picked against the yellowjackets in the playoffs is just nonsense hollywood.

I personally never heard or read anything saying the Yellow Jackets were ever picked against that year, but I also didn't follow them near as close as I do now. I bet a lot of heads turned and doubts were cast when they lost to Prepa Tech that season. Everything I heard was similar to when Brownwood dropped from 4A to 3A in 2008 I think. They were pre-season #1, supposed to spank everybody and win state. Didn't even make the playoffs.

Dawgs
10-16-2014, 02:32 PM

Nobody was picking against Ville in 2012. Everybody knew they were the team to beat. And they proved most people right. That team was on another level than almost every other team with the exception of a select few in 3a. Sota would have gave them all they wanted, and Kilgore gave them all they wanted. Ville hasn't showed the same dominance this season to garnish the reputation that team had. Ville 2014 is very beatable. It has already been proven.

hollywood
10-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Argyle offensive yds
Rushing - 1,398 yds. 233 per game
Passing - 1,198 yds 200 per game

FWIW
Stephenville offensive yds thru 6 games
Rushing - 1,284 yds. 214 per game
Passing - 1,911 yds. 319 per game
Total - 3,195 yds. 534 yds per game.
http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1797.0

Dawgs
10-16-2014, 02:42 PM

Hollywood, you had the same argument last year about Ville not losing to 3a (new 4a teams). I gave you many examples of teams that also never lose to that competition level. How many games in the same time frame since 2012 do you think Kilgore, Sota, Gilmer, Argyle, Carthage (before this year) has lost against that competition? For sure Sota has only lost to 1 team and that was Carthage. Kilgore has lost to 3, Gilmer, Ville, and Carthage. Before this year Carthage had lost to 1 in 2 seasons. Argyle has lost to 1 since 2012. Gilmer has lost to 3 teams since 2012, Kilgore, Sota, and Argyle. That is not a valid argument. All the elite teams in 4a lose very few games to 4a competition. How many games in that time frame you are talking about was against top 15 competition? Very few. With the exception of this year Region 1 has been weak in recent history. Not taking a shot at region 1, just stating facts.

hollywood
10-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Nobody was picking against Ville in 2012. Everybody knew they were the team to beat. And they proved most people right. That team was on another level than almost every other team with the exception of a select few in 3a. Sota would have gave them all they wanted, and Kilgore gave them all they wanted. Ville hasn't showed the same dominance this season to garnish the reputation that team had. Ville 2014 is very beatable. It has already been proven.

I never said they were picked against on paper. My comments about not suppose to beat teams was mainly posters and dreamers :D that hoped someone took out the Spartans of 3A football that season. ;) And, to fill you in a bit, the VILLE 2012 lost to Monterrey Mex in the opening game. Talk about a humbling experience for not only the team, but the fans. Ville didn't dominate in 2012 until they hit the playoffs. Go look at the stats if you wish.

This years team has a different set of weaknesses than the 2012 team did. I wouldn't say the 2012 team was dominating as a whole. Offensive juggernaut, yes. But not until the last 2 weeks of district play when they played the almighty and powerful Venus and Hillsboro did they "gel" as coach Gillespie has stated is key. By game 10, a team should know it's identity. In 2012, the Ville knew who they were and what their strengths were and exploited other teams weaknesses better than any that season. Ville 2014 is only 6 games into the "gelling" phase. The next 4-5 weeks will tell a lot of what this years version of the Jackets is made of. So far, I like what I see. :thumbsup:

Dawgs
10-16-2014, 03:00 PM
I never said they were picked against on paper. My comments about not suppose to beat teams was mainly posters and dreamers :D that hoped someone took out the Spartans of 3A football that season. ;) And, to fill you in a bit, the VILLE 2012 lost to Monterrey Mex in the opening game. Talk about a humbling experience for not only the team, but the fans. Ville didn't dominate in 2012 until they hit the playoffs. Go look at the stats if you wish.

This years team has a different set of weaknesses than the 2012 team did. I wouldn't say the 2012 team was dominating as a whole. Offensive juggernaut, yes. But not until the last 2 weeks of district play when they played the almighty and powerful Venus and Hillsboro did they "gel" as coach Gillespie has stated is key. By game 10, a team should know it's identity. In 2012, the Ville knew who they were and what their strengths were and exploited other teams weaknesses better than any that season. Ville 2014 is only 6 games into the "gelling" phase. The next 4-5 weeks will tell a lot of what this years version of the Jackets is made of. So far, I like what I see. :thumbsup:

So when the 2012 team beat Ozen, Aledo, and Amarillo in pre-district they were not showing dominance at the 3a level? All those teams were top 25 4a teams at the time if I remember correctly. I don't remember Ville having much trouble with any teams in 2012. Maybe I don't remember right, but if you beat 3 top 25 teams a class above, and then blow out everybody in district I think that is pretty dominant. I personally think you are reaching to even compare this team to 2012. Yall lost to Lubbock Cooper. Yall have given up some points on defense. Thats all I am saying. The way i see it is that there are holes in this years team like last years, and I don't know how the offense could be as good as 2012 at any point in the season as you would have us believe.

toddg
10-16-2014, 03:20 PM
in R2 D1 Argyle is and should be favorite, Kennedale hasnt proved they can beat a team the caliber of Argyle,,there are some that would point at the Crowley game..sorry, Crowley not that great..very average 5A team..would lose to any top tier 4A team by a lot..and Dunbar? they suprised a little last year..have some athletes, but avg. to below avg coaching,,result..good teams beat them..bad...bottom line..its still early and still lots of football to play..will not know until these teams are under the gun in the playoffs..funny how that works...

toddg
10-16-2014, 03:24 PM
So when the 2012 team beat Ozen, Aledo, and Amarillo in pre-district they were not showing dominance at the 3a level? All those teams were top 25 4a teams at the time if I remember correctly. I don't remember Ville having much trouble with any teams in 2012. Maybe I don't remember right, but if you beat 3 top 25 teams a class above, and then blow out everybody in district I think that is pretty dominant. I personally think you are reaching to even compare this team to 2012. Yall lost to Lubbock Cooper. Yall have given up some points on defense. Thats all I am saying. The way i see it is that there are holes in this years team like last years, and I don't know how the offense could be as good as 2012 at any point in the season as you would have us believe.
didnt blow Alvarado or GR out in 2012

Aguilafanatico
10-16-2014, 03:43 PM
FWIW
Stephenville offensive yds thru 6 games
Rushing - 1,284 yds. 214 per game
Passing - 1,911 yds. 319 per game
Total - 3,195 yds. 534 yds per game.

Thanks for reminding us that Stidhamville has a decent offense but we were talking about balance. Maybe Argyle will get a chance to match their one-dimensional, plodding offense vs the unstoppable, impenetrable, flying circus, juggernaut offense of Stidhamville this year.

hollywood
10-16-2014, 03:50 PM

Slow down Dawgs, I like this discussion. Stephenville did not blow everyone out in district as toddg pointed out. And, the teams they played in pre-district weren't any better than who've they played to this point as a whole IMO.

Just something to chew on....

2012 VILLE:
Offense - 483 yds game avg
Defense - 313 yds game avg

2014 VILLE:
Offense - 533 yds game avg
Defense - 325 yds game avg

hollywood
10-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Thanks for reminding us that Stidhamville has a decent offense but we were talking about balance. Maybe Argyle will get a chance to match their one-dimensional, plodding offense vs the unstoppable, impenetrable, flying circus, juggernaut offense of Stidhamville this year.

Hopefully! It would be a chance of a lifetime for Argyle! lol J/K!!!

Ralsgyle should breeze through district and will have their hands full in Reg 2. If they can get through Reg 2, then I'll get more nervous. ;)

Bullaholic
10-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Hollywood---being as you have a unique perspective---you see many similarities between 14' Stephenville and 10" Brownwood?....:evilgrin:

hollywood
10-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Hollywood---being as you have a unique perspective---you see many similarities between 14' Stephenville and 10" Brownwood?....:evilgrin:

:fnypost:

:clap:

Aguilafanatico
10-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Hopefully! It would be a chance of a lifetime for Argyle! lol J/K!!!

Ralsgyle should breeze through district and will have their hands full in Reg 2. If they can get through Reg 2, then I'll get more nervous. ;)

Game of the week in our district is Sanger @ Ranchview. Ranchview has some serious athletes on the offensive side of the ball, one of which is Rocket Ismail's son. Could be the fastest team Argyle has played in years....sorry Gilmer.
Sanger is undefeated and has Tre'von Jackson who is leading the area with 1,360 yds rushing. I expect a high scoring game and would not be surprised if Ranchview knocks Sanger off.

chs96
10-16-2014, 06:50 PM

Don't sleep on coldspring. We will see someone deep in the playoffs.

Phantom Stang
10-17-2014, 01:17 AM

You're right about Sweetwater. Being 200 miles west of I35, they've just gotta be too slow to make it to the semis. Much less be competitive once they get there.

2muchOffense
10-17-2014, 03:28 AM
While I still will not say this Jacket offense is better or equal to the 2012 team, it does present teams with a different set of problems. Williams is a serious home run threat every single time he touches the ball. I do know in 2012 we didn't need to wait until the playoffs to know that team was special. Coach Copeland has said himself he knew they were special when we beat Aledo in pre-season. I'm going to stir the pot here but I personally believe every Jacket team since 2009 has been as good as this year's. The teams that lost to Aledo those years didn't have as strong of quarterback play, but the defense isn't even comparable. We had exceptional running backs back then too. Please don't bring up stats because the likes of Midway, Killeen, Everman, Aledo, Lake Dallas, Horn, and Timberview don't compare to Hillsboro, Venus, Alaska, and Gainesville. My point is this, it doesn't matter who is quarterback, running back, or on defense, teams will have to play their best game of the year to beat us. In some cases the best in their school history. Look at the effort it took from Cooper! Sure there are some teams out there that can do it, but not many. If the reference you have about Stephenville football is based on what you saw on ESPN, boy you are mistaken. Yes there is a lot of talk on here about the talent level of our boys and how we lack in certain areas. What is funny is its usually coming from teams that the Ville beat on a consistent basis, or from ones that are playing basketball a month before us. Yes the defense is not near as good as it probably should be, but they will make some stops. The question everyone should really ask themselves is can you stop the Ville offense. I'm guessing no for most of you. See you in the playoffs!

Pudlugger
10-17-2014, 07:04 AM
When a thread is started about the playoffs after more than 10 posts it will become a thread about how good Stephenville is.

buckeyebob
10-17-2014, 08:14 AM
When a thread is started about the playoffs after more than 10 posts it will become a thread about how good Stephenville is.

Stephenville / Brownwood...same, same

hollywood
10-17-2014, 09:24 AM
While I still will not say this Jacket offense is better or equal to the 2012 team, it does present teams with a different set of problems. Williams is a serious home run threat every single time he touches the ball. I do know in 2012 we didn't need to wait until the playoffs to know that team was special. Coach Copeland has said himself he knew they were special when we beat Aledo in pre-season. I'm going to stir the pot here but I personally believe every Jacket team since 2009 has been as good as this year's. The teams that lost to Aledo those years didn't have as strong of quarterback play, but the defense isn't even comparable. We had exceptional running backs back then too. Please don't bring up stats because the likes of Midway, Killeen, Everman, Aledo, Lake Dallas, Horn, and Timberview don't compare to Hillsboro, Venus, Alaska, and Gainesville. My point is this, it doesn't matter who is quarterback, running back, or on defense, teams will have to play their best game of the year to beat us. In some cases the best in their school history. Look at the effort it took from Cooper! Sure there are some teams out there that can do it, but not many. If the reference you have about Stephenville football is based on what you saw on ESPN, boy you are mistaken. Yes there is a lot of talk on here about the talent level of our boys and how we lack in certain areas. What is funny is its usually coming from teams that the Ville beat on a consistent basis, or from ones that are playing basketball a month before us. Yes the defense is not near as good as it probably should be, but they will make some stops. The question everyone should really ask themselves is can you stop the Ville offense. I'm guessing no for most of you. See you in the playoffs!

Dang... couldn't sleep? ;)

hollywood
10-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Stephenville / Brownwood...same, same

Haha... Gilmer/Carthage... same, same

hollywood
10-17-2014, 09:26 AM

Or La Grange... hey Pud, you could go join the Reg4 :bigcry: fans down south if that will make ya feel any better!

Pudlugger
10-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Or La Grange... hey Pud, you could go join the Reg4 :bigcry: fans down south if that will make ya feel any better!

This is my first post on this thread. I don't see many LG posts on it and none claiming they're going to Jerry World or are the best in their division. Noe are there many posts about LG going back and forth regarding how good they are. Can't say that for Stephenville. The Ville is very very good but their chances of going to the SC game are 50-50 at best and with the talent in their region maybe less. I guess there are many Stephenville posters and with their team loyalty it is inevitable that the conversation narrows to the Yellowjackets v everyone else. Actually I wish LG had as many posters backing the Leps so don't take offense to my observation.

hollywood
10-17-2014, 09:49 AM
This is my first post on this thread. I don't see many LG posts on it and none claiming they're going to Jerry World or are the best in their division. Noe are there many posts about LG going back and forth regarding how good they are. Can't say that for Stephenville. The Ville is very very good but their chances of going to the SC game are 50-50 at best and with the talent in their region maybe less. I guess there are many Stephenville posters and with their team loyalty it is inevitable that the conversation narrows to the Yellowjackets v everyone else. Actually I wish LG had as many posters backing the Leps so don't take offense to my observation.

No worries Pudlugger, it's just opinions. No one is claiming to be experts from the Ville. Just supporting our home team... so yes, we are homers! :D

But, since you mentioned it... if Stephenville has a 50/50 chance to return to Jerry World, so does every other worthy HS team in the state. Nothing is guaranteed, we all know that, but the chances of any team reaching the SC game is smaller than greater. Stephenville 2014 has a goal to win state which isn't that lofty, just will take hard work and a little luck. Just like any other teams chances.

As far as La Grange, a good buddy of mine keeps me updated on y'all. Hope y'all make it this year. Sounds like La Grange has a very solid team this season.

LV_Bearfan
10-17-2014, 10:25 AM
La Grange is the best team in the state, and they will be in Jerry's World!

Losing to the team that wins it all is sort of like meeting the man who met Andy Griffith, so we're hoping....

stardog
10-17-2014, 11:12 AM

Just skip their comments and read the next one and so on. You don't have to read them.

gobbla4life
10-17-2014, 11:25 AM
LG is the real deal , the Ville is a very good team as well. If it shapes up to be a LG vs Cuero semis , that would be great. Considering we were in the same district the past four years ( prior to this season). A lot of things can happen between now and the as well. I just pray all these teams stay healthy the rest of the way. But it's good to see my Gobblers back in the mix of things.

hollywood
10-17-2014, 12:23 PM
http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=827&d=1413566595

toddg
10-17-2014, 03:19 PM
LG is the real deal , the Ville is a very good team as well. If it shapes up to be a LG vs Cuero semis , that would be great. Considering we were in the same district the past four years ( prior to this season). A lot of things can happen between now and the as well. I just pray all these teams stay healthy the rest of the way. But it's good to see my Gobblers back in the mix of things.
Always a good thing when the Gobblers are doing well!

Aguilafanatico
10-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Stephenville hasn't score 70 all season. I'm not sure why you think Navasota would give up 70 points.

Here goes those "one demensional" (as you spelled it) Eagles with 406 yards, 246 of which were through the air. Did you mean Argyle relies too much on their QB? I'm a little confused.

WOS87
10-18-2014, 12:23 PM
3rd week of the playoffs is when things should get interesting. That's the first week district champs could potentially play other district champs. Good luck all. Still have a few games left to play though. In conclusion, La Grange will DEFINITELY make it to Jerry World! ...as will the ville, the sota and the mer (since we're abbreviating school names apparently these days).

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Here goes those "one demensional" (as you spelled it) Eagles with 406 yards, 246 of which were through the air. Did you mean Argyle relies too much on their QB? I'm a little confused.

Why are you quoting me?

Aguilafanatico
10-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Why are you quoting me?

Meant for JacketSwarm.

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Meant for JacketSwarm.

Ok, I was wondering had I missed something.

buckeyebob
10-18-2014, 08:46 PM
3rd week of the playoffs is when things should get interesting. That's the first week district champs could potentially play other district champs. Good luck all. Still have a few games left to play though. In conclusion, La Grange will DEFINITELY make it to Jerry World! ...as will the ville, the sota and the mer (since we're abbreviating school names apparently these days).

Bux...

bird_fan
10-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Is that the same La Grange Team I saw scrimmage El Campo

bird_fan
10-18-2014, 09:31 PM

LV_Bearfan
10-18-2014, 10:11 PM

Scrimmage? Really? That was like 7 actual games ago.

Pudlugger
10-18-2014, 10:51 PM

You know I was at that scrimmage and I thought the Leps didn't show much that day. It occurred to me the next Friday when the Leps beat Liberty Hill that Coach Kates was withholding a lot of our talent by running basic plays with lots of different players and not trying to "win" the scrimmage but prepare for the season. Apparently that was good strategery. :) EC looked very good especially that big running back.

WOS87
10-18-2014, 11:12 PM
No no no no no.... LG is gonna win. This conversation is unacceptable. That was two months ago.

waterboy
10-20-2014, 02:43 PM
http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=827&d=1413566595

Hollywood, help a po brutha out. Can you post the bracket for D2, too?

STUDMYSTRO
10-20-2014, 03:43 PM
I could not figure out how to post the picture of the D2 alignment....but here is the link to it.
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/FB-4A-D2-2014.pdf

STUDMYSTRO
10-20-2014, 04:11 PM
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/FB-4A-D2-2014.pdf

waterboy
10-20-2014, 04:17 PM
For some reason I can't open most PDF files at work. If somebody can post it I would appreciate it.

Weebe
10-20-2014, 06:52 PM
If they can limit turnovers and penalties, El Campo can beat anybody in D1 Region III, with the exception of probably, Navasota.

That's why they need to beat West Columbia so they can be in the bottom half of the Region III bracket.

buckeyebob
10-20-2014, 07:01 PM
For some reason I can't open most PDF files at work. If somebody can post it I would appreciate it.

I can copy & paste but it is:
District 1
Bushland
Dalhart
Iowa Park
Perryton
Vernon
District 2
Fort Stockton
Lamesa
Midland Greenwood
Monahans
Pecos
Sweetwater
District 3
Anna
Aubrey
Bonham
Bridgeport
Celina
Krum
District 4
Dallas Lincoln
Dallas Madison
Dallas Roosevelt
Ferris
Godley
Venus

Not very pretty...let me know

Leopardfan201
10-20-2014, 07:01 PM
If they can limit turnovers and penalties, El Campo can beat anybody in D1 Region III, with the exception of probably, Navasota.

That's why they need to beat West Columbia so they can be in the bottom half of the Region III bracket.

I dnt think anyone in division 1 can beat Navasota

sk1
10-20-2014, 07:17 PM

El Campo would be their toughest competition from our region. Sure hope that game happens for region III championship.

football8
10-20-2014, 07:28 PM

who have you seen outside of region 3 and 4?

Weebe
10-20-2014, 08:11 PM

Stephenville can. Not saying they will.

Navasota is a bad matchup for El Campo. El Campo has never defended the pass well.

hollywood
10-20-2014, 09:19 PM

Navasota is a bad matchup for El Campo. El Campo has never defended the pass well.

Stephenville would have to shore up the pass defense by then. I think they can and there's still a lot of football left. I do think the DB's, especially the corners, we'll have to grow up by then. Playing too soft right now. It's no secret. The front seven are solid, FS is solid. In due time.

Aguilafanatico
10-20-2014, 09:39 PM

Time will tell. Heard the same about Gilmer last year.

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Time will tell. Heard the same about Gilmer last year.

Yes, time will tell. Right now, I like our chances against anyone. Our play is almost at the level of 2012. And most who know me know that I call it like I see it.

football8
10-20-2014, 11:08 PM

Navasota is a bad matchup for anyone except Stephenville

Aguilafanatico
10-21-2014, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=football8;1833198]Navasota is a bad matchup for anyone except

I keep hearing how great Stephenville is but it is mostly coming from Stephenville folks from what I can tell. Reminds me a little bit of Graham. Must have something to do with Region 1. Beat chest, Beat chest, beat chest......get beat.....deflect.....Beat Chest, Beat Chest, Beat Chest.

Leopardfan201
10-21-2014, 10:40 AM
who have you seen outside of region 3 and 4?

I seen Stephenville play on tv. And wat I seen is they dnt have alot of speed, once they play sumone with speed like Navasota they will be in trouble, bcs u cant coach speed

lostaussie
10-21-2014, 11:44 AM
I seen Stephenville play on tv. And wat I seen is they dnt have alot of speed, once they play sumone with speed like Navasota they will be in trouble, bcs u cant coach speed
Yea buddy......that speed in uncatchable:D

garageoffice
10-21-2014, 02:12 PM
in R2 D1 Argyle is and should be favorite, Kennedale hasnt proved they can beat a team the caliber of Argyle,,there are some that would point at the Crowley game..sorry, Crowley not that great..very average 5A team..would lose to any top tier 4A team by a lot..and Dunbar? they suprised a little last year..have some athletes, but avg. to below avg coaching,,result..good teams beat them..bad...bottom line..its still early and still lots of football to play..will not know until these teams are under the gun in the playoffs..funny how that works...

Exactly right, toddg. I wish Kennedale had been able to schedule some truly tough competition in pre-district this season. The game against Gainesville was their toughest game, but it was also a sloppy game. Since then, each game has been total domination in every facet. I think playing that poorly refocused them.

Having watched them for many seasons, all I can say is that this year's team is much more well-rounded and capable than any I've seen in a long time.

toddg
10-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Exactly right, toddg. I wish Kennedale had been able to schedule some truly tough competition in pre-district this season. The game against Gainesville was their toughest game, but it was also a sloppy game. Since then, each game has been total domination in every facet. I think playing that poorly refocused them.

Having watched them for many seasons, all I can say is that this year's team is much more well-rounded and capable than any I've seen in a long time.

from what i have seen...i have to agree!!

hollywood
10-21-2014, 03:55 PM

I'll help you out Leopardfan201.

Everman
Waxahachie
Kilgore
La Marque
El Campo
Waco High
Waco University
Hewitt Midway
La Vega
Wichita Falls Rider
Denton Ryan
Corsicana
Killeen
Kennedale

Just a short list of teams off the top of my head that Stephenville has played in the past and claimed they hadn't seen speed like they had. :rolleyes: :hand: Pa-leez. Old news... Stephenville like many other schools in Reg 1 have played speed and have plenty of speed of their own. It's about game speed execution. Not just pure speed. Next....