PDA

View Full Version : How is your district shaping up?

Cam
10-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Well, now that we're getting into the thick of things, how do you see your district turning out?

Rabid Cougar
10-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Well, now that we're getting into the thick of things, how do you see your district turning out?

They have played one game.....

toddg
10-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Right now, we are in position to win it!

Cam
10-13-2014, 08:38 PM

rabid...teams have played 5 or 6!....ok ok only one district game.....but we're halfway done here.....most folks should have some indication of what their teams are doing....man, I try to start a thread for some conversation and to get a feel for how ya'll are thinking about your districts....and here you come tryin' to kill it!!.....I give up!!.....:doh:....

WOS87
10-13-2014, 08:46 PM
La Marque, La Grange, Wharton should easily win Districts 10, 11 and 12 in D2... WOS has to prove itself which starts with the game against Orangefield this week, then Hardin-Jefferson.

LV_Bearfan
10-13-2014, 09:59 PM
District 15, D1 will produce four playoff teams this year. Book it!

cougartino
10-13-2014, 10:12 PM
La Marque, La Grange, Wharton should easily win Districts 10, 11 and 12 in D2... WOS has to prove itself which starts with the game against Orangefield this week, then Hardin-Jefferson.

10-4A D2 was decided at the last realignment.

Aguilafanatico
10-13-2014, 10:26 PM

Sanger @ Ranchview this week is the 2nd place game IMO, though if Sanger wins this week, the championship game will be the last district game of the year, Argyle @ Sanger. Either way those are 3 of the four. Take your pick between Wilmer Hutchins, Carter, and Pinkston to complete the foursome.

stardog
10-13-2014, 10:42 PM

Rabid meant they lost

regaleagle
10-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Sanger @ Ranchview this week is the 2nd place game IMO, though if Sanger wins this week, the championship game will be the last district game of the year, Argyle @ Sanger. Either way those are 3 of the four. Take your pick between Wilmer Hutchins, Carter, and Pinkston to complete the foursome.

I can pick em now: Argyle, Ranchview, Sanger, and Wiiiiiilmer Hutchins(Hutch). Sanger's star rb Tra'von Jackson went out last week with a sprained ankle. Keidrien Wadley, Davian Carter, and Raghib Ismail II of Ranchview will give Sanger all they can handle this week, imo.

WOS87
10-14-2014, 03:35 AM
10-4A D2 was decided at the last realignment.

Enjoy those three 80-0 games you have coming up lol, at least we will have played someone whether we win or lose. *kisses* Still wish we could play you guys again. One of these days.

greendawg84
10-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Rabid meant they lost

But they scored 30 ...... well 28 but who's counting .......:kiss:

panfan
10-14-2014, 07:45 AM
But they scored 30 ...... well 28 but who's counting .......:kiss:

This is all ancient history. Question is how ya'll gonna do against Robinson, isn't that who ya'll play this week? G-dawg, when you gonna take me to lunch, man???? Stardog, did you break out your dictionary and quit listening to G-dawg on how to spell Bull Dog?

buckeyebob
10-14-2014, 07:46 AM
I think we have a pretty good chance of taking District

panfan
10-14-2014, 07:58 AM
I believe LH has played to tougher pre district schedule. Records coming into district don't mean squat. I believe Taylor also played a tough predistict schedule, so I expect them to be a tough opponent and make a run for a playoff spot this season.

Canyon Lake was tough and held us to our lowest point production this season - they had some big ol boys and are on the verge of a break out into something special.
Don't know much about Boerne other than they say their QB is a stud. Guess we'll see when we play them. They beat Taylor. Taylor has some athletes, remind me of Brenham, toss the ball up high and have a big tall receiver go up and get it. QB seems to get frustrated though when he is pressured. Heard the other night the Billies might have lost their QB due to injury. Again, through the grapevine kind of stuff, but this could be a big loss for that team. But they beat Bandera.

Its early, being only one game into district play, but I think the game that decided district will be the LH vs. Boerne game. Look for Canyon Lake and Taylor to make a run.

My early season district standing predictions:

1. LH.
2. Boerne
3. Canyon Lake
4. Taylor
5. Fredricksburg
6. Bandera

greendawg84
10-14-2014, 08:14 AM
This is all ancient history. Question is how ya'll gonna do against Robinson, isn't that who ya'll play this week? G-dawg, when you gonna take me to lunch, man???? Stardog, did you break out your dictionary and quit listening to G-dawg on how to spell Bull Dog?

Hard to say how we will do against Robinson . We seem to play lights out in the first half then the wheels fall off . Also lost Walker our running back to a leg injury in last weeks game so thats gonna hurt us a little . I think it will be a close game and can go either way depending on turnovers .

Lunch ?? You know where I am at come on over !

panfan
10-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Hard to say how we will do against Robinson . We seem to play lights out in the first half then the wheels fall off . Also lost Walker our running back to a leg injury in last weeks game so thats gonna hurt us a little . I think it will be a close game and can go either way depending on turnovers .

Lunch ?? You know where I am at come on over !

I see we are going to have to work on reading comprehension. I asked when you were going to come over and take me to lunch. And no, I don't know where you are. I suspect you are within a radius of 1/4 mile from my office, in camo, looking through an scope at the Panfan, but not sure where ya'll are. I like mexican food!!!!!

lostaussie
10-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Gilmer is.......here^^^^^^^

Rains Melissa Nevada Canton and Bullard are here��

coach
10-14-2014, 09:24 AM
I think we have a pretty good chance of taking District

ya think

coach
10-14-2014, 09:26 AM
In out district it will come down to the last game of the year. Fairifeld and Lorena will battle it out.

hollywood
10-14-2014, 09:52 AM
4A DI D3
1 down 3 to go for the Ville.

hollywood
10-14-2014, 09:58 AM
4A D1 D3

Standings after week 1 of district play.
Big Spring 1-0 ------ beat Snyder 49-6
Stephenville 1-0 --- beat Brownwood 40-21
Abilene Wylie 0-0 -- open
Brownwood 0-1 ---- lost to Stephenville 21-40
Snyder 0-1 ---------- lost to Big Spring 6-49

Week 2 district games
Snyder 0-1 at Stephenville 1-0
Brownwood 0-1 at Abilene Wylie 0-0
Big Spring open

Week 3 district games
Abilene Wylie at Snyder
Stephenville at Big Spring
Brownwood open

Week 4 district games
Big Spring at Abilene Wylie
Snyder at Brownwood
Stephenville open

Week 5 district games
Abilene Wylie at Stephenville
Brownwood at Big Spring
Snyder open

lostaussie
10-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Snyder just hasn't been the same since that faitful day in December of 2004 in Texas Stadium:D

Rabid Cougar
10-14-2014, 02:25 PM
rabid...teams have played 5 or 6!....ok ok only one district game.....but we're halfway done here.....most folks should have some indication of what their teams are doing....man, I try to start a thread for some conversation and to get a feel for how ya'll are thinking about your districts....and here you come tryin' to kill it!!.....I give up!!.....:doh:....

I don't get excited about pre-district. I have seen CS go through Predistrict like crap through a goose and end up 5-5. Also seen them get the crap beat out them one game in Distirct and go to the SC game.

You have to understand, our district playoff position are not determined until the last week of the year.

Sweetwater Red
10-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Snyder just hasn't been the same since that faitful day in December of 2004 in Texas Stadium:D

Just in case some have forgotten. :devil:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Snyderloss.jpg

lostaussie
10-14-2014, 02:43 PM
I knew I could drag it out!!!

Cam
10-14-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't get excited about pre-district. I have seen CS go through Predistrict like crap through a goose and end up 5-5. Also seen them get the crap beat out them one game in Distirct and go to the SC game.

You have to understand, our district playoff position are not determined until the last week of the year.

....I don't understand!.....:vrycnfsd:....:rolleyes:

Rabid Cougar
10-14-2014, 03:25 PM
....I don't understand!.....:vrycnfsd:....:rolleyes:

One game does not dictate the district outcome.

Cam
10-14-2014, 03:28 PM
One game does not dictate the district outcome.

Ohhhh...I get it now......:crazy1:

Sweetwater Red
10-14-2014, 03:40 PM
I knew I could drag it out!!!

anytime

Sweetwater Red
10-14-2014, 03:46 PM
4A Division 2 District 2

Sweetwater and Monahans should play for the title in two weeks.

Ft. Stockton will most likely finish third.

Pecos and Midland Greenwood is essentially a toss up for fourth place
with the winner getting Vernon in the first round.

Aguilafanatico
10-14-2014, 04:23 PM
I can pick em now: Argyle, Ranchview, Sanger, and Wiiiiiilmer Hutchins(Hutch). Sanger's star rb Tra'von Jackson went out last week with a sprained ankle. Keidrien Wadley, Davian Carter, and Raghib Ismail II of Ranchview will give Sanger all they can handle this week, imo.

You could very well be right though Ranchview will have to find a defense. I hear the Argyle defense is on death watch. They are fine. Tough to come off a bye and then get a team as athletic as Ranchview. Argyle's #1 D gave up 21 in the first quarter then 14 the rest of the way. Sorta like waking up and having to wait for your coffee. Took them some time to catch up after the bye. I expect them to come out flying this week vs Hutch. Would like to see the Ranchview v Sanger game though.

buckeyebob
10-14-2014, 05:27 PM
ya think

Yep...we have been known to blow it before...I have faith in my Bux...we will be there

Gen.Pat
10-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Dist 4-4A I see it falling out like this

Godley vs Lincoln winner takes District
Venus 3rd
Ferris 4th
The other 2 Dallas Schools fight for last.

stardog
10-17-2014, 11:25 AM
after 1 district game it looks like (my opinion) 1/2 Burnet - Robinson, 3/4 China Springs - La Vega, 5/6 Lampasas - Gatesville
After tonight it will be more clear since each one plays the other.

hollywood
10-17-2014, 12:16 PM
3/4 China Springs - La Vega Oh no you didn't! :eek:

Hope you have thick skin... you about to get taken to the wood shed for adding a "s" to China Spring!

:wave:

Cam
10-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Oh no you didn't! :eek:

Hope you have thick skin... you about to get taken to the wood shed for adding a "s" to China Spring!

:wave:

..and I thought it was Chinese Springs!!.....:spitlol:

bearbear78
10-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Big SpringS , China SpringS....all the same....they got springS

greendawg84
10-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Look out here comes Caleb , he will line you out on the Chinese Spring (s) deal . And dont even get them Robinson folk riled up by calling it Waco Robinson . You have been warned !

Cam
10-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Look out here comes Caleb , he will line you out on the Chinese Spring (s) deal . And dont even get them Robinson folk riled up by calling it Waco Robinson . You have been warned !

Waco Robinson?...are you serious?....I thought it was Belton Robinson!!....aww heck no...I ain't goin' all the way to Waco again!!......Greendawg, give me some updates!!.....:D

Rocket Man
10-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Waco Robinson?...are you serious?....I thought it was Belton Robinson!!....aww heck no...I ain't goin' all the way to Waco again!!......Greendawg, give me some updates!!.....:D

Well, unless you get lost on your way to Robinson, you'll never enter Waco and therefore, you won't have to go all the way to Waco again! :cool:

DalhartAlumni
10-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Div 2 District 1
Current standings after the opening of district play.
Iowa Park 5-2(1-0)
Bushland 4-3(1-0)
Vernon 2-4(0-0)
Perryton 5-2(0-1)
Dalhart 4-2(0-1)

I know this district is never really talked about, but honestly there is no team in this district that will run away with the district title.
Usually in this district there is about 2 teams that stand no chance and always help the 3rd place team jump into the playoffs.

This year is a totally different story, Iowa Park beat Dalhart by 2, Bushland topped Perryton by 15 to open up district play.

This friday night will really shape the district. Vernon opens up with Dalhart at home, and Dalhart is pretty much in a must win situation.
Iowa Park and Bushland face off for the current 1st place in District and Perryton has a bye to prepare for next week.

I think each game will be a nail biter, any of these teams can win the title, and I really do not see someone outright winning it, I see 2 teams splitting the title.
It is going to be fun to see how this all pans out.

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Div 2 District 1
Current standings after the opening of district play.
Iowa Park 5-2(1-0)
Bushland 4-3(1-0)
Vernon 2-4(0-0)
Perryton 5-2(0-1)
Dalhart 4-2(0-1)

I know this district is never really talked about, but honestly there is no team in this district that will run away with the district title.
Usually in this district there is about 2 teams that stand no chance and always help the 3rd place team jump into the playoffs.

This year is a totally different story, Iowa Park beat Dalhart by 2, Bushland topped Perryton by 15 to open up district play.

This friday night will really shape the district. Vernon opens up with Dalhart at home, and Dalhart is pretty much in a must win situation.
Iowa Park and Bushland face off for the current 1st place in District and Perryton has a bye to prepare for next week.

I think each game will be a nail biter, any of these teams can win the title, and I really do not see someone outright winning it, I see 2 teams splitting the title.
It is going to be fun to see how this all pans out.

We may not be talking about it on the DL but folks over here in District 2
are paying close attention to what's going on over there.