PDA

View Full Version : H&l

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2014, 06:16 PM
2-4 with wins over NT and Kansas.

Just to remind you since you like to talk trash to a&m for losing to #1 and #3 ranked teams.

hookandladder
10-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Saggy who needs to talk trash about ATM , you talk enough about them as anyone. Trashing Hill each week, I be willing to bet if he would win out this year you would be changing your opinion . Your a pitiful ATM fan, I'm betting computer nerd. Lol

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2014, 07:39 PM
If he started throwing decent passes then I'd change my opinion, sure.

And im OK at computers. Enough to do my job well. It's cool to be a nerd nowadays anyways, right? Educated, successful and whatnot ya know?

But... 2-4. Texas is awfully happy with 2-4. Who's in the business of moral victories nowadays? Hookem... LOL

hookandladder
10-13-2014, 07:55 PM
You sure feeling good about beating Lamar, SMU and Rice for 3 of your 5 wins, now that's some powerful wins. Lol

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Seems like you forgot 2 other wins...?

hookandladder
10-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Seems like you forgot 2 other wins...?

Yea those other two big wins, who could forget those. I just do not think most ATM fans thought the defense would be almost just as bad as last year , I still do not think ATM offense is the problem. Sumlin has never put a dense on the field, some coaches are just that way. Texas had that problem years ago, Sumlin has to prove he can get over that hump.

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2014, 09:43 PM
You don't think the offense is the problem? It's a combo... The D is way better and the O not nearly as good as last year

The defense forced 7 punts after the first qtr against ole miss.... Gave the O multiple chances to come back and win it.... The O gave ole miss 14 pts in defensive TDs...

pancho villa
10-14-2014, 07:57 AM
Saggy who needs to talk trash about ATM , you talk enough about them as anyone. Trashing Hill each week, I be willing to bet if he would win out this year you would be changing your opinion . Your a pitiful ATM fan, I'm betting computer nerd. Lol

Saggy never played a down of football was not even on the team in HS.

New Taiton
10-14-2014, 08:39 AM
I still do not think ATM offense is the problem

Then if I was you, I would quit thinking.

The defense has been far from good, but they have given us chances to win - the offense has been unable to be as successful as they should be.

coach
10-14-2014, 09:32 AM
The wr core has under performed big time. You also have to remember they have been out with their best wr in Malcom Kennedy. If he can get healthy that will solve some of the problems. I also think Kenny throws a bad ball. Not innacurate just wobbly and sometimes too hard. I know if you are a wr you need to catch anything that hits your hands but some of his passes just havent been the tight spiral wr like to have.

BwdLions
10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
2-4 with wins over NT and Kansas.

Just to remind you since you like to talk trash to a&m for losing to #1 and #3 ranked teams.

It's not like I started the trash talk. If there's going to be so much trash talking the Longhorns (on the high school site), then I think it's only fair to put the ags up for debate.

I'd love to see what the Horns' defense would do against the aggy offense. Maybe both teams will finish 6-6 and play in one of the lower-tier bowls here in Texas.

coach
10-14-2014, 11:42 AM
It's not like I started the trash talk. If there's going to be so much trash talking the Longhorns (on the high school site), then I think it's only fair to put the ags up for debate.

I'd love to see what the Horns' defense would do against the aggy offense. Maybe both teams will finish 6-6 and play in one of the lower-tier bowls here in Texas.

You actuyally think they could stop atm? lol like someone said earlier, they just played the two best teams in the nation. I keep hearing about this Vaunted defense, but they got smoked by BYU.... Id take the aggies by 2 touchdowns in that game.

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Saggy never played a down of football was not even on the team in HS.

Yeah that's true, but why would I want to compete for playing time against Coaches' kids....??? We had a qb who was the DC's son and had a grand total of 3 TDs and 17 interceptions.... That tells you all you need to know about what merits playing time is/was based on.... And how many more coaches kids were eating up all the PT? 3/4? I'm not saying I would've been any better but I'm damn sure not in the business of wasting my time and/or playing for asshole coaches.

pancho villa
10-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Yeah that's true, but why would I want to compete for playing time against Coaches' kids....??? We had a qb who was the DC's son and had a grand total of 3 TDs and 17 interceptions.... That tells you all you need to know about what merits playing time is/was based on.... And how many more coaches kids were eating up all the PT? 3/4? I'm not saying I would've been any better but I'm damn sure not in the business of wasting my time and/or playing for asshole coaches.

Bottom line you were to much of a coward.

coach
10-14-2014, 01:51 PM

And the team probably benefited that someone that didnt want to compete decided not to play.

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Bottom line you were to much of a coward.

LOL, yeah. Weird how you didn't dispute anything I said.

pancho villa
10-14-2014, 01:56 PM
LOL, yeah. Weird how you didn't dispute anything I said.

Cowards always have an excuse. You stated yours.

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2014, 02:03 PM
And the team probably benefited that someone that didnt want to compete decided not to play.

If you wanna look at it that way, sure. But, there wasn't much competition. We all knew who was going to play regardless of skill set.

People can deny it all they want but the facts speak for themselves.

Pancho oughta spend more time concerned about his job and less time concerned about trying to talk trash to me.

pancho villa
10-14-2014, 02:08 PM
if you wanna look at it that way, sure. But, there wasn't much competition. We all knew who was going to play regardless of skill set.

Pancho oughta spend more time concerned about his job and less time concerned about trying to talk trash to me.

fact is you are a coward!!!!

hookandladder
10-14-2014, 02:55 PM
fact is you are a coward!!!!

And someone who talks out of both sides of his mouth, first game saggy love Thrill Hill and now he is no good. I can see why he did not like his high school coaches and I am sure they are very glad he never came out to play, kids now days and some parents are not worth the time.

coach
10-14-2014, 02:57 PM
If you wanna look at it that way, sure. But, there wasn't much competition. We all knew who was going to play regardless of skill set.

So you are saying the entire student body knew who was going to start so no one tried? well maybe thats why yall scuked so bad.

BwdLions
10-14-2014, 03:05 PM
There's no doubt that Texas played poorly against BYU. Let's look at the way both of these units are playing today. I think Texas has the best defense in the Big XII. It's not the defense that is hurting this team (it's offense and special teams).

Texas is #17 in the country in Total Defense. Texas has played BYU, North Texas, Kansas, Baylor, UCLA & Oklahoma.
Aggy is #4 in the country in Total Offense. Even you can agree that playing powerhouses Lamar, Rice and SMU have had a big hand in that lofty ranking.

New Taiton
10-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Texas is #17 in the country in Total Defense. Texas has played BYU, North Texas, Kansas, Baylor, UCLA & Oklahoma.
Aggy is #4 in the country in Total Offense. Even you can agree that playing powerhouses Lamar, Rice and SMU have had a big hand in that lofty ranking.

I will agree to that.

On the flip side, even you can agree that BYU, North Texas, Kansas, and UCLA's second string QB attribute to Texas' defensive ranking...right?

1st and goal
10-14-2014, 04:11 PM
y'all need to keep your town's drama offline....

BwdLions
10-14-2014, 04:54 PM
I will agree to that.

On the flip side, even you can agree that BYU, North Texas, Kansas, and UCLA's second string QB attribute to Texas' defensive ranking...right?

I'm a reasonable man. I'll agree that playing North Texas and Kansas (even though North Texas was a bowl team last year) may have helped Texas defense, but BYU and UCLA (even without the starting QB) are no slouches (especially when the Texas offense in those games didn't help much). The fact that the Texas defense is ranked 17 in the country despite the offensive woes (injuries, suspensions and dismissals) is impressive.

I'm not saying that the Texas offense could score enough against the aggies to win, but I'd like to see the Texas defense play against the aggies' offense. Maybe they'll meet in a bowl game and we won't have to argue about it.

BwdLions
10-14-2014, 04:55 PM
It seems like we have much more than a Texas-A&M conversation going on in this thread.

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2014, 07:02 PM
So you are saying the entire student body knew who was going to start so no one tried? well maybe thats why yall scuked so bad.

At least at qb safety and WR, yes....

Some people still tried, but yeah we had a rough year. Next qb comes in and they go to the semis.... Hmm....

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2014, 07:03 PM
And someone who talks out of both sides of his mouth, first game saggy love Thrill Hill and now he is no good. I can see why he did not like his high school coaches and I am sure they are very glad he never came out to play, kids now days and some parents are not worth the time.

Please show me where I was ever a fan of Kenny hill

hookandladder
10-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Saggy you have been exposed, you are not worth my time. You have to be a fool to say that kind of crap on a message board, pitiful.

Saggy Aggie
10-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Saggy you have been exposed, you are not worth my time. You have to be a fool to say that kind of crap on a message board, pitiful.

LOL, i call em like I see em hook. Some people end up getting their panties in a wad but that doesn't bother me any

hookandladder
10-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Make sure this is the last thread started with my name on it from you, not cool.

pancho villa
10-15-2014, 07:57 AM
LOL, i call em like I see em hook. Some people end up getting their panties in a wad but that doesn't bother me any

I call them like I see them also. You were and still are a coward.

Saggy Aggie
10-15-2014, 11:09 AM
I call them like I see them also. You were and still are a coward.

LOL, nvm.... Don't feel like getting banned again

PhiI C
10-15-2014, 12:39 PM

And how! :(

Rabid Cougar
10-15-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm a reasonable man. I'll agree that playing North Texas and Kansas (even though North Texas was a bowl team last year) may have helped Texas defense, but BYU and UCLA (even without the starting QB) are no slouches (especially when the Texas offense in those games didn't help much). The fact that the Texas defense is ranked 17 in the country despite the offensive woes (injuries, suspensions and dismissals) is impressive.

I'm not saying that the Texas offense could score enough against the aggies to win, but I'd like to see the Texas defense play against the aggies' offense. Maybe they'll meet in a bowl game and we won't have to argue about it.

North Texas is mere shadow of the team they had last year. If they would have played last year North Texas would have beaten the crap out of Texas. UNT defense last year was the real deal. Held Girley to 91 yards rushing and was tied halfway into the third qtr. That is the same Georgia team that was five yards from the SEC Championship and the BCS Championship Bowl.

hookandladder
10-15-2014, 04:08 PM
North Texas is mere shadow of the team they had last year. If they would have played last year North Texas would have beaten the crap out of Texas. UNT defense last year was the real deal. Held Girley to 91 yards rushing and was tied halfway into the third qtr. That is the same Georgia team that was five yards from the SEC Championship and the BCS Championship Bowl.

Man you really dislike Texas, a lot of if's. I bet there are a number of teams that have the if problem this year, atm,lsu to name a few.

Lion70
10-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Make sure this is the last thread started with my name on it from you, not cool.

Somebody butthurt

Rabid Cougar
10-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Man you really dislike Texas, a lot of if's. I bet there are a number of teams that have the if problem this year, atm,lsu to name a few.

No, I don't like them. I take great pleasure of their struggles regardless of if the Aggies are winning or not; SWC, Big 12 or SEC. That is the natural order of the way it is supposed to be. That is OSU /Michigan, Florida/Florida State, Alabama/ Auburn. That is 13-0 branded on a steers hind quarter.

Just to correct your comparison of this year North Texas team with last years. That's like comparing UT's 2014 team with 2005's; not in the same universe.

hookandladder
10-16-2014, 10:04 AM
No, I don't like them. I take great pleasure of their struggles regardless of if the Aggies are winning or not; SWC, Big 12 or SEC. That is the natural order of the way it is supposed to be. That is OSU /Michigan, Florida/Florida State, Alabama/ Auburn. That is 13-0 branded on a steers hind quarter.

Just to correct your comparison of this year North Texas team with last years. That's like comparing UT's 2014 team with 2005's; not in the same universe.

Well get your licks while you can, some people just love to hate on winners. Hookem.

New Taiton
10-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Well get your licks while you can, some people just love to hate on winners. Hookem.

Lol.

hookandladder
10-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Lol.

Hookem.

Rabid Cougar
10-16-2014, 01:35 PM

Oh I personally got my licks in, as in on DKR and Kyle. Probably more so than any other Aggie on the Downlow :

1984- A&M 37 - UT 12 in Austin
1985- A&M 42 -UT 10 in CS
1986- A&M 17- UT 3 in Austin

hookandladder
10-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Oh I personally got my licks in, as in on DKR and Kyle. Probably more so than any other Aggie on the Downlow :

1984- A&M 37 - UT 12 in Austin
1985- A&M 42 -UT 10 in CS
1986- A&M 17- UT 3 in Austin

Yea but the last won still stings the worse, at atm. Aggys will never live that one dowm, LMAO

New Taiton
10-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Yea but the last won still stings the worse, at atm. Aggys will never live that one dowm, LMAO

Why would any aggie concern themselves with the 2011 loss to Texas?

Do you know what has gone on in College Station as a direct result of that season?

LOL. You're polishing of the burnt orange rocket is getting a little out of hand. But keep it up - the amusement you provide helps the day go quicker.

hookandladder
10-16-2014, 03:09 PM
Why would any aggie concern themselves with the 2011 loss to Texas?

Do you know what has gone on in College Station as a direct result of that season?

LOL. You're polishing of the burnt orange rocket is getting a little out of hand. But keep it up - the amusement you provide helps the day go quicker.

Yes, atm joined the sec and they love the whipping toy and you know the 2011 loss still burns like hell. Lol

New Taiton
10-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Mmmmkay. Lol I guess.

So, correct me if I'm wrong - since the 2011 Texas win, Texas fired their head coach, hired their 4th pick, at best, ceased to be relevant in the conference, much less the nation, and has recruited sub-par.

Meanwhile, Texas A&M hired a new coach, is recruiting is better than ever, new conference, national award winners, draft picks, new stadium, new facilities, more competitive than the previous 10 years, etc. etc.

I would probably keep convincing myself that the aggies cared as much as you think they do about a game that occurred three years ago if what is posted above is true.

Poooooooooooooooooor Hoooooooooooooooooooooook.

hookandladder
10-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Mmmmkay. Lol I guess.

So, correct me if I'm wrong - since the 2011 Texas win, Texas fired their head coach, hired their 4th pick, at best, ceased to be relevant in the conference, much less the nation, and has recruited sub-par.

Meanwhile, Texas A&M hired a new coach, is recruiting is better than ever, new conference, national award winners, draft picks, new stadium, new facilities, more competitive than the previous 10 years, etc. etc.

I would probably keep convincing myself that the aggies cared as much as you think they do about a game that occurred three years ago if what is posted above is true.

Bottom line NT, atm has not won ****. Win something and you will not be looked at as a loser in the sec, pretty simple just win a championship.

New Taiton
10-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Bottom line NT, atm has not won ****. Win something and you will not be looked at as a loser in the sec, pretty simple just win a championship.

Hahahahahahahahhaha.

So you admit that I'm right.

Lol.

http://www.phineasdelgado.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Flying-Delorean.jpg

hookandladder
10-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Hahahahahahahahhaha.

So you admit that I'm right.

Lol.

http://www.phineasdelgado.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Flying-Delorean.jpg

Yes, I admitt atm is losers untill proven elsewise. You are correct.

New Taiton
10-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Yes, I admitt atm is losers untill proven elsewise. You are correct.

Hahhahahahahahahaha.

BwdLions
10-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Mmmmkay. Lol I guess.

Yep. What you say is true. The previous A.D. and head coach put Texas in a sorry state. They put themselves above the school and it did cause a set back. I have no doubt that Texas will get things turned around in the next year or two. Right now the team that you're so proud of is not very good. The culture is changing. Your team is becoming soft. You may have a big stadium. It was obvious last Saturday when the masses were exiting. Your biggest problem since your (white Mack Brown) has created a soft environment, just like Texas experienced with their past head man, the fanbase will not like being pushed around on the football field.

New Taiton
10-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Right now the team that you're so proud of is not very good. The culture is changing. Your team is becoming soft. You may have a big stadium. It was obvious last Saturday when the masses were exiting. Your biggest problem since your (white Mack Brown) has created a soft environment, just like Texas experienced with their past head man, the fanbase will not like being pushed around on the football field.

You've given Coach Sumlin two years and six games to try to get everything perfect. How long are you going to give Coach Strong?

coach
10-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Yep. What you say is true. The previous A.D. and head coach put Texas in a sorry state. They put themselves above the school and it did cause a set back. I have no doubt that Texas will get things turned around in the next year or two. Right now the team that you're so proud of is not very good. The culture is changing. Your team is becoming soft. You may have a big stadium. It was obvious last Saturday when the masses were exiting. Your biggest problem since your (white Mack Brown) has created a soft environment, just like Texas experienced with their past head man, the fanbase will not like being pushed around on the football field.

Your an idiot. Mack and Sumlin are Polar Opposites

BwdLions
10-17-2014, 11:47 AM

Hey dumb butt, your team is getting soft. It's a perfect comparison.

New Taiton
10-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Hey dumb butt, your team is getting soft. It's a perfect comparison.

Surely you're able to provide examples....right?

Mr. Football
10-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Why are we still talking about Mack? He is gone and for good reason lets talk about the Longhorns under Strong if you are not a Longhorns fan you probably haven't seen it but he as turned the defense around in 1 year. And if Ash was still playing I gaurantee you the Longhorns would be 4-1 maybe 5-0 not 2-4. The 4 games lost is because we have no offense which keeps the defense on the field and by the third quarter they are dead. In 2016 the Longhorns will be back on top I have no worries.

1st and goal
10-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Mmmmkay. Lol I guess.

NT, once you figure out that H&l is head and shoulders above the rest of us combined, (and that he despises A&M and can't take criticism period), you'll get everything into perspective.

hookandladder
10-17-2014, 08:06 PM
NT, once you figure out that H&l is head and shoulders above the rest of us combined, (and that he despises A&M and can't take criticism period), you'll get everything into perspective.

Really , get a freaking life.

1st and goal
10-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Really , get a freaking life.

I have a life. I was fishing and duck hunting POC when you were still crapping mustard in your diapers.

hookandladder
10-17-2014, 08:31 PM

I have a life. I was fishing and duck hunting POC when you were still crapping mustard in your diapers.

And Giddings still sucks, we coming to your house again this year and putting another donkey stomping on your ass . Gonna be worse then 31-zip this year, Lol

1st and goal
10-17-2014, 08:50 PM
And Giddings still sucks, we coming to your house again this year and putting another donkey stomping on your ass . Gonna be worse then 31-zip this year, Lol

See what I mean NT? I got him right where I want him. LOL.

hookandladder
10-17-2014, 09:04 PM
See what I mean NT? I got him right where I want him. LOL.

Bout right you siding with NT, freaking computer geeks. LMAO

Manso/V8
10-21-2014, 10:33 PM

Wow, this sounds like excuses from a member of the entitlement generation.
If you didn't want to play football, say that.
Don't blame it on other people.

BwdLions
10-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Surely you're able to provide examples....right?

You're kidding, right? A tough team does not lose a game 59-0. Texas fans suffered through several losses to the sooners where they gave up 60+ points. They were beaten before they entered the Cotton Bowl. Mack coddled his players (just like Sumlin is doing with the current aggies). When a team gets whipped on the field, and it gets to be a pattern, they've gotten soft. Does anyone else agree with that, or do you call it something else?

Saggy Aggie
10-22-2014, 12:31 PM
You're kidding, right? A tough team does not lose a game 59-0. Texas fans suffered through several losses to the sooners where they gave up 60+ points. They were beaten before they entered the Cotton Bowl. Mack coddled his players (just like Sumlin is doing with the current aggies). When a team gets whipped on the field, and it gets to be a pattern, they've gotten soft. Does anyone else agree with that, or do you call it something else?

No. That's exactly what it is. Sumlin even said so in his weekly presser. No one is making excuses for 59-0. A&M got their asses whipped plain and simple.

Only thing to do is try and be better from here on out

New Taiton
10-22-2014, 01:28 PM

Cool - the vaunted six day comeback.

When did Coach Sumlin start coddling players, like you say he does? In which year did that happen?

BwdLions
10-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Cool - the vaunted six day comeback.

When did Coach Sumlin start coddling players, like you say he does? In which year did that happen?

Wake up. You aggies are in denial.

New Taiton
10-24-2014, 08:38 AM

Wake up. You aggies are in denial.

Oh. Ok. So he changed something different between last year and this year. Gotcha.

Thanks for the clarifiction......

BwdLions
10-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Oh. Ok. So he changed something different between last year and this year. Gotcha.

Thanks for the clarifiction......

Okay, maybe it's just showing up this year. After all, Sumlin had Johnny Football (and Mike Evans) the past two years. Even you can understand that covered up a lot of flaws. Even with them, aggy went 9-4 in 2013.

So what's your take on what is wrong in College Station? You do think something is wrong, right?

hookandladder
10-24-2014, 04:29 PM

Yes Big difference between Mack and Sumlin, Mack has won championships and Sumlin not. Lol

hookandladder
10-24-2014, 04:31 PM

Okay, maybe it's just showing up this year. After all, Sumlin had Johnny Football (and Mike Evans) the past two years. Even you can understand that covered up a lot of flaws. Even with them, aggy went 9-4 in 2013.

So what's your take on what is wrong in College Station? You do think something is wrong, right?

NT already said nothing is wrong at ATM, they are winning in recruiting and individual awards. What else is there, Lol

1st and goal
10-25-2014, 09:19 AM
What else is there, Lol

There is a horn team that is struggling for wins. LOL.

hookandladder
10-26-2014, 11:25 AM
There is a horn team that is struggling for wins. LOL.

I think there is another texas team struggling for wins also, you know the one down at CS. Neither team very good however atm is in it's third year under Sumlin, let's see what Strong can do in his third year. I am betting if nothing else he will put a solid defense on the field, Sumlin's defenses have been downright horrible.

1st and goal
10-27-2014, 08:24 AM
I think there is another texas team struggling for wins also, you know the one down at CS. Neither team very good however atm is in it's third year under Sumlin, let's see what Strong can do in his third year. I am betting if nothing else he will put a solid defense on the field, Sumlin's defenses have been downright horrible.

A&M is still 2 years away from a dominant D. Let our young men bulk up. Big difference between a 19 year old and a 23 year old who's been in a program for 4 years. We will be there too.

hookandladder
10-27-2014, 08:37 AM
A&M is still 2 years away from a dominant D. Let our young men bulk up. Big difference between a 19 year old and a 23 year old who's been in a program for 4 years. We will be there too.

A player now days may need one year to redshirt however most players that are going to help your team are ready to player by their second year, if it takes them 3 to 4 years to get ready to play most will get passsed by. The Ol players are the only ones that need time to grow and mature, your skilled players are ready within a year or two at most. Heard someone say a couple years ago, if you sucked as a freshman what makes you think they will be any better the next year. You have to show potential as a freshman to make a difference the next year, most players that are good will be gone in 3 or 4 years.

New Taiton
10-27-2014, 10:38 AM

NT already said nothing is wrong at ATM, they are winning in recruiting and individual awards. What else is there, Lol

This year has been our inability to be just ok on defense. Losing our starting MLB in the first game of the season has hurt tremendously. We finally got a LB back after 4 games is Washington and he's been good, but having Hilliard would've been preferable. Jordan Mastro knows the defense and is smart, he's just slow and a poor tackler. He's being replaced routinely by a former walk-on. Our dline has been pretty poor outside of the defensive ends. We're dealing with injuries and lack of depth, just like everyone else.

Offensively, our OL has underperformed. We have great backs, but we're not able to run the football. Thus, when teams know we have to throw, it becomes that much harder as the DL tees off on the QB, defensive backs lock up, and linebackers don't have to bite on the play fake. Kenny has shown his growing pains, and this is the first year playing for all of our wide recievers outside of Malcom Kennedy, who has been good. Our lack of offense has magnified how bad our defense is. Last year, we could get into a shootout and anything could happen. Alabama was proof this year of what happens when you can't get a 3rd down stop and your offense cannot find it's rythem.

Again, everybody expected no more than 8 wins out of this team. Expectations went a little high after SC. But we still have the opportunity to win 8+ wins. Nobody expected Ole Miss and MSSt to be the #3 teams in the nation when we played and they were the better team. Alabama is not as good as they have been, but we did not come to play against them.

We have a good thing going if we can hang on to our current class. We have been victims of attrition in key areas and haven't been able to develop talent because of this on the defensive side. More often than not, the kids we lose to attrition are contributors. That leaves us with "old" backups that have to play formidable (see DL).

There's a lot riding on our program to see what we've done with a two week break. Hopefully, we get back on track and finish strong.