PDA

View Full Version : Canton to Gilmer...Big Time WARNING

buckeyebob
10-12-2014, 02:56 PM
The Yamboree starts on Wednesday & it shuts the town down...be strongly advised for anyone coming to the game, I would recommend you come to town thru Quitman...that puts you on the west side which is the location of Buckeye Stadium...2 blocks north of Hwy 154...North Bradford & Buffalo (red light on Buffalo).

Se 'ya Friday

poisoned10
10-12-2014, 04:10 PM
For the 1st 4 1/2 games this season Canton was the clear 2nd place team in this district, in my opinion. But with their QB Chandler Eiland done for the year Canton is in a heap of trouble and may struggle to make the playoffs. I'm sure they still make the playoffs but it will likely be as the #3 or #4 seed.

Coming off a blowout loss to Nevada Community + Gilmer playing for the 1st time at home this year = another easy win for Gilmer.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

lostaussie
10-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Haven't seen my seats in almost a year:D

Aesculus gilmus
10-12-2014, 05:59 PM
I don't think Canton is going to travel that well after what has happened to them recently.

I was reminded of a game in 2005 yesterday when the final score of the Baylor-TCU game was 61-58.

icu812
10-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Canton is done, I doubt they make the playoffs. They don't have a defense and Chandler was their offense.

buckeyebob
10-13-2014, 08:10 AM
Canton is done, I doubt they make the playoffs. They don't have a defense and Chandler was their offense.

I hate to hear it...thought Canton would give us a game...come to the game & enjoy the atmosphere...eat lots of stuff...go to uptown after the game...ride some rides...upchuck & get the taste out of your mouth...enjoy the Yamboree...you will be the winner

Sweetwater Red
10-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Gilmer is favored by 62

poisoned10
10-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Gilmer is favored by 62

By who?

Sweetwater Red
10-13-2014, 08:33 AM
By who?

pigskin which means padilla probably only has Gilmer favored by 58

movethechain
10-13-2014, 08:33 AM
By who?

Probably Melissa.

waterboy
10-13-2014, 09:20 AM
Probably Melissa.

:doh:

icu812
10-13-2014, 01:58 PM
I don't think Canton is going to travel that well after what has happened to them recently.

I was reminded of a game in 2005 yesterday when the final score of the Baylor-TCU game was 61-58.

Canton usually has a pretty good crowd just to watch their band.

I was at that game in 2005. Thought it was over at the half and Gilmer was going to run away with it. This game might be 61-0 Gilmer. Canton has lost way to many players to other schools over the past 5 years. Off the top of my head I can think of a half dozen players who would be starters in Canton if they hadn't moved and that is just from the outside looking in. I'm sure there are probably more. Canton just doesn't have the depth to recover from that and losing Chandler Eiland. I feel bad for the kid.

regaleagle
10-13-2014, 02:11 PM
I was wondering what happened to them this season because I knew they had a good qb coming back. Now that explains it. How many games has it been since his injury?

icu812
10-13-2014, 02:51 PM
I was wondering what happened to them this season because I knew they had a good qb coming back. Now that explains it. How many games has it been since his injury?

It happened during the Wills Point game.

waterboy
10-15-2014, 09:47 AM
I sure do miss the days of the District of Doom...:dispntd: The district the UIL put us in is too boring and weak. It is hard to smack talk when there's nobody to smack talk with. I was more surprised at what Community did that what Rains did. I was thinking it would be Bullard and Canton battling for second and third, but now who knows with both of them losing their first district game. Will we not see any competition at all until at least the second or third round of the playoffs?

Snotbubbles
10-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Based on schedule, they ranked you this high, why? Your schedule will be your downfall IMO. Not a single worthy opponent, then BOOM, your first comes a few rounds deep.

waterboy
10-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Based on schedule, they ranked you this high, why? Your schedule will be your downfall IMO. Not a single worthy opponent, then BOOM, your first comes a few rounds deep.

I do worry about that, but I think it helps us almost as much as it hurts us. We "should" be healthy when the playoffs begin, and hopefully have enough reps for our first team to stay sharp, and it will help us with depth and next year's team. Tatum was good when we played them, but they can't even find the football field now. When the predistrict schedule was made, nobody expected ALL of the teams to be as far down as they have fallen.

buckeyebob
10-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Tatum screwing around & coming in 4th in District 6...Gilmer sees them Round 1...not good...rather see Spring Hill then Tatum later on...that is if they get it together...I think they will

pancho villa
10-17-2014, 08:31 AM
Canton by 7 "GO BEARS"

hollywood
10-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Canton by 7 "GO BEARS"

You hungover from club Ingleside last night?

pancho villa
10-17-2014, 10:06 AM
You hungover from club Ingleside last night?

I did throw back a few to many at the Chalet last night.