PDA

View Full Version : Celina @ Bridgeport

Bullaholic
10-12-2014, 09:17 AM
No more scrimmages---at last we meet Celina in a real game that counts. No question that the Bobcats will come into Bull Stadium a heavy favorite---but these Bulls have come a long way this season, and have an offense that can be dangerous and strike quickly for a score from anywhere on the field. If the Bull defense can mount another effort like they did against Krum---this one could be more interesting than the Bobcat faithful would like. These two crowds should provide lively and raucous support for both teams, and anyone who comes should enjoy a wide-open, spirited game, and I am really looking forward to the kind of atmosphere the fans of these two teams can provide.

bobcat---I wish the crappie fishing was better at what is left of Lake Bridgeport for you....at least catching a mess of pan-size crappie would make you feel better after Friday....:D

bobcat1
10-12-2014, 09:38 AM
They are still biting everywhere Bull. Good luck to your bulls week after this. I know it will be a bitter pill to swallow for you Friday night. :D

Celina8
10-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Bridgeport will be fired up for the Bobcats this week, but Celina has to many weapons and Nathan is back after throwing for 278 yards passing last week. Bobcats should take care of business Friday night by at least 2 TD's.

lostaussie
10-12-2014, 10:15 AM
They are still biting everywhere Bull. Good luck to your bulls week after this. I know it will be a bitter pill to swallow for you Friday night. :Dwe are hammering on them on the east side:D

bobcat1
10-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Bridgeport will be fired up for the Bobcats this week, Nathan is back after throwing for 278 yards passing last week.
Good news on Nathan healing up. Should be a good game. Hope it is injury free for both sides.

d0tc0m
10-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Bridgeport will be fired up for the Bobcats this week, but Celina has to many weapons and Nathan is back after throwing for 278 yards passing last week. Bobcats should take care of business Friday night by at least 2 TD's.

You answered the question I clicked on this thread to ask. Always liked the Bridgeport folks, but this one won't be close. With Nathan back, I'd be surprised to see anybody stay within 20 of the Bobcats until maybe the quarterfinals.

5wide
10-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Sorry to say this about our beloved rival but Bridgeport has no chance of winning. They could keep it close for a half but no more. I feel confident in saying that Bridgeport will have the most explosive player on the field in the WR #7, kid is an absolute stud! He can play on any roster. The problem will be that Bridgeport has no one else to go to for the big time play. Also, Decatur had over 600 YDS of Offense, 350 rushing and 250 passing and while it was close at half, the Eagles pulled away for 56-27 win. Celina should score at will. Good luck to the Bulls, your gonna need it!

Bullaholic
10-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Sorry to say this about our beloved rival but Bridgeport has no chance of winning. They could keep it close for a half but no more. I feel confident in saying that Bridgeport will have the most explosive player on the field in the WR #7, kid is an absolute stud! He can play on any roster. The problem will be that Bridgeport has no one else to go to for the big time play. Also, Decatur had over 600 YDS of Offense, 350 rushing and 250 passing and while it was close at half, the Eagles pulled away for 56-27 win. Celina should score at will. Good luck to the Bulls, your gonna need it!

No 7 is probably the best athlete on the roster, 5wide, but he is not the only player contributing to the Bulls 4 wins so far---all of these players have been coming along every week by playing hard, and I think they will be able to score some points on Celina---enough to win? Who knows? But, I think they think they have a shot, and sometimes that means a lot.

toddg
10-12-2014, 07:34 PM
hey 5wide, ya'll still owe us 8 minutes!!!

orange machine
10-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Bridgeport always plays tough against Celina. I don't think it will be a blow out, I think it will be close until the 3rd quarter.

Celina 38
Bridgeport 20

Bullaholic
10-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Bridgeport always plays tough against Celina. I don't think it will be a blow out, I think it will be close until the 3rd quarter.

Celina 38
Bridgeport 20

Thanks, OM--but as i said earlier, Celina will be the heavy fav in this one---the Bulls just don't match up very well in any phase against the Bobcats this season, but our kids are the kind that still believe they can win every game, and we can't ask any more than that of them. Look forward to seeing the Orange Hoard on Friday.....

Bullaholic
10-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Well, I tried to warn you, bobcat---I told you the Bulls would score on the Bobcats---and they did-----Once....:D

The Bulls were just not ready for a team as good as Celina tonight and got beat in every phase of the game to the tune of 52-6. The Bobcat defense just smothered the Bulls offense and the Bobcat offense marched methodically down the field to the endzone on nearly every possession. The good part is that the rest of the Bulls district schedule looks to be a lot easier, and I hope the Bulls can win out and get in the D2 playoffs. Best of luck to a very solid Celina Bobcat team.

d0tc0m
10-17-2014, 11:00 PM
This one turned out about how I thought it would. Sounded like the Bobcats just dominated on both sides of the ball the entire game, and Bridgeport's one score was a little cheap.

But I do have a question for you Celina folk in the know. On the broadcast tonight, I'm pretty sure I heard the guys say the Bobcats had 8 players still out because of suspension. Is that true? And if so, what did those guys do to get suspended/how long are they out?

marler1972
10-18-2014, 12:00 AM
This one turned out about how I thought it would. Sounded like the Bobcats just dominated on both sides of the ball the entire game, and Bridgeport's one score was a little cheap.

But I do have a question for you Celina folk in the know. On the broadcast tonight, I'm pretty sure I heard the guys say the Bobcats had 8 players still out because of suspension. Is that true? And if so, what did those guys do to get suspended/how long are they out?

All is good. no issues....

d0tc0m
10-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks Marler. I probably just misheard ol' JP then. It sounded like all the playmakers were on the field, so I thought that was odd that there would be 8 guys out.

orange machine
10-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Thanks Marler. I probably just misheard ol' JP then. It sounded like all the playmakers were on the field, so I thought that was odd that there would be 8 guys out.

All the play makers were not on the field you were correct they were out, but will be back this week.

d0tc0m
10-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Oh dang. What happened?

marler1972
10-18-2014, 09:50 PM
All the play makers were not on the field you were correct they were out, but will be back this week.

oh come on OM. :2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

orange machine
10-18-2014, 10:53 PM
oh come on OM. :2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

I had too.

Celina8
10-19-2014, 09:03 AM
I had too.

Ok what are trying to hide !!!!

Wonkas_Willy
10-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Now, this is probably all rumors and half truths so do not put much stock in this but, word on the tough streets from Selena Land is that some boys were caught breaking some rules and in typical Selena fashion they take 4 weeks to " investigate " the situation real good. Then when they really find out all the facts they suspend the kids for 2 games. Now, some might question that they took this long so that the starting player at a particular position makes it back AND they could also sit the boys vs EASY games rather than sit them vs not so easy games... However Selena would never do that now would they? NAH

Celina8
10-19-2014, 11:29 AM
So what rules were broken. I do not suspect alcohol as there is suppose to be a Zero tolerance per our school district, I have no clue but since it was comment heard by broadcast during the game I am pretty sure the details are pretty well known by a few people.

marler1972
10-19-2014, 02:43 PM
So what rules were broken. I do not suspect alcohol as there is suppose to be a Zero tolerance per our school district, I have no clue but since it was comment heard by broadcast during the game I am pretty sure the details are pretty well known by a few people.

Dont know what you are talking about.........

d0tc0m
10-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Ah, wouldn't be the first time the issues were swept under the rug. And Celina is far from the only school that's ever done such a thing.

slpybear the bullfan
10-20-2014, 10:39 AM

Celina absolutely dominated us. Looking at those two teams it was going to be a bad matchup for the Bulls and it was just that. Good luck to the Bobcats for the rest of the season.

But.... I gotta ask, what was "cheap" about the one score by Bridgeport? It was a decent inside screen pass right before halftime for a 20 yd TD... good RAC and nice moves by WR.

orange machine
10-20-2014, 01:00 PM
Celina absolutely dominated us. Looking at those two teams it was going to be a bad matchup for the Bulls and it was just that. Good luck to the Bobcats for the rest of the season.

But.... I gotta ask, what was "cheap" about the one score by Bridgeport? It was a decent inside screen pass right before halftime for a 20 yd TD... good RAC and nice moves by WR.

Didn't look cheap to me it was a very good play.

Bullaholic
10-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Celina is a quality team with 11 starters on each side of the ball who can all play their positions very well. It will take a very good team who can matchup position wise with Celina to execute on every play to beat them---they don't make many mistakes and will march the field every drive unless physically stopped.. The Bobcat QB has D1 ability and makes good accurate throws, runs well out of trouble or to keep drives alive, and makes good decisions. He is protected by an offensive line of good uniform size, strength, and athletic ability. The defense has what amounts to 11 skill players with speed but not huge size and can play the whole field well while covering fast receivers and RB's while making solo tackles.

slpybear the bullfan
10-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Celina is a quality team with 11 starters on each side of the ball who can all play their positions very well. It will take a very good team who can matchup position wise with Celina to execute on every play to beat them---they don't make many mistakes and will march the field every drive unless physically stopped.. The Bobcat QB has D1 ability and makes good accurate throws, runs well out of trouble or to keep drives alive, and makes good decisions. He is protected by an offensive line of good uniform size, strength, and athletic ability. The defense has what amounts to 11 skill players with speed but not huge size and can play the whole field well while covering fast receivers and RB's while making solo tackles.

There was a lot to be impressed with by Celina. I'll just pick one for an example... #5, playing RB. He had size and speed. Made several quality runs. But most impressive was his lead blocking. During a couple of sweeps he was dealing out some beautiful lead blocks, exploding through the defender, then sliding off to get another. One sweep in particular he block two defenders on the play and was teeing up on a third when he went OOB. That's good, tough football.

marler1972
10-20-2014, 07:43 PM
There was a lot to be impressed with by Celina. I'll just pick one for an example... #5, playing RB. He had size and speed. Made several quality runs. But most impressive was his lead blocking. During a couple of sweeps he was dealing out some beautiful lead blocks, exploding through the defender, then sliding off to get another. One sweep in particular he block two defenders on the play and was teeing up on a third when he went OOB. That's good, tough football.

:ditto: