PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 - Navasota (6-0, 1-0) at Sealy (2-4, 1-0)

Scoop27
10-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Both teams coming off huge district wins.

Leopardfan201
10-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Navasota wat can I say wow and im from La Grange... Navasota maybe the best in both divisions. Navasota wins by 35

HEMOTOXIC
10-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Sealy plays well at home.

Give me the Rattlers 54-14.

TigerPride12
10-13-2014, 11:48 AM
This is an interesting game in my opinion. The one bright spot for Sealy all year has been the defense. Now they get Navasota which has one of the best offenses in the state. The key to this game is how well Sealy can play on offense and if they can keep the ball away from the Rattler O. With it being a home game for Sealy, that adds a little extra fuel to the tiger confidence. My BOLD prediction is Sealy 35 Navasota 34.

regaleagle
10-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Nothing wrong with being a homer. I guess we'll find out this Friday if Sealy has what it takes to make this game interesting. Not sure of Navasota's schedule so far, but you play what's on your schedule and they have been highly successful doing that. Looks like Sealy has dropped some games this season, so they will have to be on their "A" game to win this one for sure, or have the football gods shining down on them, lol. Whatever happens, it will be Friday nite under the lights in Sealy for a great high school football game. Enjoy the event, folks.

Pudlugger
10-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Sealy is probably the second best team the Rattlers have faced behind Coldspring. I'll take Navasota by 28.

TigerPride12
10-13-2014, 03:37 PM
My reason for the score I picked was Sealy has been in EVERY game this season. Very Longhorn like in how the defense will keep the team in the game and the offense will kinda sputter. The only way Sealy has a shot is for the QB, Einkauf, to play the best game of his career. If he can and the defense can play how they have, there is a great chance. Any Navasota posters know what have been the bright spots for Navasota or maybe even the weak spots?

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Let's say this, ranking Navasota's teams over the years, I'd say this group is behind 2012's group but slightly better than 2008's group offensively but definitely better on the defensive side. The 2008 group lost to state finalits La Vega in OT in the QFs. 2008- Navasota 35- Sealy 0.

I said that to say this, I have no doubt that Fedora will have the Rattlers prepared and ready to go. Navasota is good on both sides of the ball. Not saying that Sealy won't win but it will take a great effort.

As far as Sealy being the second best team that Navasota has faced, I wouldn't say that. I really don't like to compare scores but sometimes that is the best that you can go on until the actual matchup.

Navasota 62- Nuevo Leon 0
Nuevo Leon 10- Galveston Ball 7
La Marque 12- Ball 6
(5-1) George Ranch 62- Nuevo Leon 13

Also, Navasota has played a 7A team from Arkansas that you really can't get a good feel for. They're 3-3 at this point. Included in their loss was to a top Kansas team 18-13.

We all know about Yates, Sterling, and FW Castleberry

Leopardfan201
10-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Navasota will win game by 21+ but I wouldn't take sealy lightly haven't seen ether play but.navasota has speed and defense but unsure if they played anybody with a good offense and a good defense

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Navasota will win game by 21+ but I wouldn't take sealy lightly haven't seen ether play but.navasota has speed and defense but unsure if they played anybody with a good offense and a good defense

As pointed out, Coldspring probably has been Navasota's best opponent thus far. The game was tied at 14 at the half. A half that saw downpours. Navasota won the game 35-14 giving up 215 yrds total with most of that coming in the first half.

Coldspring's most notalble wins:

Over Rosengerg Terry 38-35.
Over Shepherd 28-0. Shephard loss to 6-0 Hargrave 25-21.

TigerPride12
10-13-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm not saying Sealy can walk in the game and expect to win. It's gonna take a perfect game in all three phases of the game to have a shot of handing in with the #1 team in the state. I will say the catalyst for Sealy is going to be the Quarterback, Holten Einkauf. The kid can run and make big throws but he's had his moments of "what is he doing" if he plays his top game, he could be a problem for Navasota D. One thing I do know is both coaches are gonna bring their A game for this one! Look forward to it!

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2014, 09:19 AM
I'm not saying Sealy can walk in the game and expect to win. It's gonna take a perfect game in all three phases of the game to have a shot of handing in with the #1 team in the state. I will say the catalyst for Sealy is going to be the Quarterback, Holten Einkauf. The kid can run and make big throws but he's had his moments of "what is he doing" if he plays his top game, he could be a problem for Navasota D. One thing I do know is both coaches are gonna bring their A game for this one! Look forward to it!

Einkauf does have some wheels on him. The key will be to stop him. I like our chances. If I'm able to get off work by 2 or so on Friday, I will try to make the game from Dallas.

TigerPride12
10-14-2014, 11:30 AM
This is a quiet thread, usually there are a ton of Sealy and Navasota posters. Where is everyone?! Little historical note Sealy is known to play very well vs top teams at home. Beat giddings in 2010 and lost on a last second play to the eventual state champion Wimberley. Something about tiger Stadium that brings out the best against state ranked teams

Truthful Tiger
10-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately I believe Navasota will crush us 52-0. I don't believe Sealy's QB has it in him to win a big game, much less a close game. I hear he is a great kid, but the couple of games I've seen has me scratching my head on the choices he makes. Plus I don't believe the coaches are going to help him out any on the play calling.

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Hmmm, this time tomorrow, Tiger Stadium will be rocking. Get ready for the Sea of Blue.

Truthful Tiger
10-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Hmmm, this time tomorrow, Tiger Stadium will be rocking. Get ready for the Sea of Blue.

This will be for the district championship, IMO, but unless the Sealy coaching staff changes from what they've done all year the Rattlers are putting in backups by the 3rd quarter. I see the defense maybe a bit tougher that what Navasota has seen thus far, but our O won't challenge Nav's D at all.

TigerPride12
10-16-2014, 09:23 PM
52-0 is a little much. No doubt Navasota is the cream of the crop, but i don't see it getting that bad unless Sealy folds over after halftime. Hopefully the Tiger faithful will make the game ready to make some noise. Its not every day a #1 team comes to play at Tiger Stadium. Looking forward to it!

Truthful Tiger
10-16-2014, 09:54 PM
52-0 is a little much. No doubt Navasota is the cream of the crop, but i don't see it getting that bad unless Sealy folds over after halftime. Hopefully the Tiger faithful will make the game ready to make some noise. Its not every day a #1 team comes to play at Tiger Stadium. Looking forward to it!

Defense-wise: We gave up 28 (35 with OT) to Giddings which is a heavy run team. Navasota is a smart, balanced team. I dont think our 5'8" CBs can handle their big D1 college committs. I think we can do well against their run, but they will eat us up on passing. Eppler is a very good QB, almost everything he does is perfect. He only has one mechanical flaw that I've seen, but even with that he is deadly accurate. NOTE: Eppler if you're reading this you need to tighten up that left arm. Keep your left elbow tight and your hand as close to your collar bone as possible. Practice holding a towel under your arm pit and dont let it drop.

On O: Against Washington we never worked our 1st team much. Most of our yardage was to every 2nd, 3rd, or 4th string kid that suited up. 8 (maybe more) different kids running the ball. All the passing was to the 2nd string WRs. The starting 3 WRs got 4 or 5 passes thrown to them and were only able to catch 1 each. Also during Washington our QB had all the time in the world and he still took off running and threw on the run, never once did he stand tall and plant his feet to throw accurately. Personally we should have gone hard the whole 1st half and really worked on our passing game which is suspect at best.

I do wish for the best, and hope we can use this as a learning experience to get better for the rest of district and to get us to the level we need to succeed for playoffs.

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm sticking with my original prediction, Navasota 54- Sealy 14

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2014, 10:18 PM
This will be for the district championship, IMO, but unless the Sealy coaching staff changes from what they've done all year the Rattlers are putting in backups by the 3rd quarter. I see the defense maybe a bit tougher that what Navasota has seen thus far, but our O won't challenge Nav's D at all.

Doubt that Sealy' defense is any where close to Coldspring's.

Truthful Tiger
10-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Doubt that Sealy' defense is any where close to Coldspring's.

True, I forgot about them since Navasotas been rolling everyone. So edit that post to 2nd toughest thus far.

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2014, 10:21 PM
True, I forgot about them since Navasotas been rolling everyone. So edit that post to 2nd toughest thus far.

Lol, I could be wrong. Good luck tomorrow.

Leopardfan201
10-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Navasota 48/13 i say

OldBison75
10-17-2014, 12:15 AM
My prediction:

Navasota 52
Sealy 14

Navasota has too many weapons on offense and it is proven when you see that 15 different receivers have caught passes and 9 different receivers have scored TD's receiving.
Dickson is in a class by himself and can use his size and speed to frustrate defenses. He is not afraid to go up and fight for the ball. RB Randle has 6 games with over 100 yards rushing and has only carried the ball 79 times all year. He is averaging over 8 yards per carry. His backup is even faster than Randle and that is saying something.

The Rattler defense is getting better every week and has a linebacker corp that is top notch. They run well and tackle well. There is a young sophomore on the defensive line that can be better than Jordon Wells was in 2012 if he keeps developing. He already has 5 sacks this year and 17 QB hurries. He also has several tackles for loss.

In my opinion, the only way Sealy stays close is to grind out long drives and keep the Rattler offense off the field. Only Coldspring could do that and then only for a half.

TigerPride12
10-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Today is the day! Hope for an injury free, competitive game between 2 great programs. If you can't make the game make sure to listen to STSN at sealysports.com. Those guys do a great job calling the games.

OldBison75
10-17-2014, 08:44 PM
First half see Navasota ahead 30-0.
Stats:

Navasota 368 yards
Sealy 32 Yardss

Randle has 11 carries for 124 yards at the half

Truthful Tiger
10-18-2014, 01:16 AM
We looked bad. 10 men on the field for a kick return and not one coach noticed nor cared. Horrible running and even worse passing. I feel bad for these youngsters.