PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Week 8 GOTW: Bellville (6-1, 1-0) at Wharton (5-2, 1-0)

Scoop27
10-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Both teams coming big district wins

Leopardfan201
10-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Bellville wins this by 7

BB BULLS
10-11-2014, 12:47 PM
this should be game of the week for Reg 3

Pudlugger
10-11-2014, 02:05 PM
this should be game of the week for Reg 3

District Championship most likely on the line here. Wharton by 7.

BB BULLS
10-12-2014, 07:56 AM
where are all the Bellville & Wharton people? this should be really good game like Pud said one of these teams could win Dist Champ. we beat last year with all that speed they was supposed to have and I think our defense is batter this year.

MJMbrahmas10
10-12-2014, 08:33 AM
I think bellvilles defense and bellvilles passing game will be too much for Wharton. Will be a tough hard fought game. But we will prevail

OLE'BULL
10-12-2014, 08:38 AM
I can't wait for this one. The Bulls seem to just be getting better and more versatile each week. The passing game is pushing us over the edge of being very good. This season has really been a surprise for me, I didn't think we would be this good. I should have known better because in my opinion, we have one of the best coaches in the state. Rowe has a knack for putting guys in the right positions. I don't know enough about Wharton other than they are a darn good football team so this one will probably be a nail biter. I will take the Brahmas in a defensive battle, 21-10.

BB BULLS
10-12-2014, 08:38 AM
I think bellvilles defense and bellvilles passing game will be too much for Wharton. Will be a tough hard fought game. But we will prevail

well MJM that's the first time I ever heard that from a Bellville team since I been here=Bellville passing game will be to much for Wharton. but I like it, Brady is flingin the ball pretty good the line just gotta keep him upright

MJMbrahmas10
10-12-2014, 09:04 AM
It seems crazy to say, but like ol bull said it seems like the passing game has the ability to make this team great. We know our defense can keep us in any game. And the whole team is Gettin better week by week. This is a fun team to watch.

BrahmaMOMMA
10-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Some might say Bellville don't have the size and that could be their downfall but that is not their downfall but their strength they have always played ,since youth football, as small so they had to build in other ways these boys feed off each other already knowing what each other thinks on the field that is what makes them great. they play as a team no one wants to showboat over the next they understand they need each other to do great things on the field. So proud of these boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhartonTigers
10-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Wharton has been exceptional on defense this year against running teams nd passing teams... there is more speed this year than last, (ask El Campo), nd our receivers Will have to be double covered....cant wait until Friday. ?.HOMECOMING

speedbump
10-12-2014, 10:57 PM
The Brahmas won't take naps during this game with a possible district title at stake. If they don't stop themselves with penalties and fumbles they should win by about 14.

GobblersUnite
10-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Tigers by a TD. Too much fire power for the Brahmas. But I would not be surprised if Bellville wins by 12s either...should be entertaining.

BB BULLS
10-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Wharton has been exceptional on defense this year against running teams nd passing teams... there is more speed this year than last, (ask El Campo), nd our receivers Will have to be double covered....cant wait until Friday. ?.HOMECOMING

lets just have clean injury free game may the best team win.

BB BULLS
10-13-2014, 11:02 AM
lets just have clean injury free game may the best team win.

wooo wooo 1000 post all district moving up the food chain

Scoop27
10-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Brahmas by only 10 if Wharton doesn't have a lot of turnovers and penalties

maestro
10-13-2014, 12:00 PM
If wharton plays like they did in the first half vs Columbus, Bellville can have success.

The Bull #40
10-13-2014, 03:32 PM
I think Bellville has been getting better each week, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Knowing the talent Wharton usually has it'll be a close one though!

whitelightning5
10-14-2014, 11:13 AM
I think Bellville has been getting better each week, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Knowing the talent Wharton usually has it'll be a close one though!

Yeah...this one scares me. Can anyone provide stats? Run based or pass heavy spread? I know WhartonTiger will tell us not to kick it deep....like he does every year...JK btw.

region4fan
10-14-2014, 01:14 PM
ought to be a good one. Bellville wins by 8

The Bull #40
10-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Only one lonely Wharton poster on this thread? Kind of surprising considering they seem to have a solid team again this year. Only losing to Stafford, who also beat us, and Cuero are reasonable losses. Barely beating Sealy by 1 point is concerning for the Tigers though, maybe just a bad game for them?

Scoop27
10-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Webcasts
http://www.96country.com/
http://www.bellvillesports.com/

BB BULLS
10-15-2014, 07:10 AM
we will have to play a pretty clean game to win, will have to keep flying to ball on defense cant let them get to the outside. the offense just gotta keep plugging away. Rowe will have these young men ready to play. since Wharton has the hone field i will say Bellville by only 7 because the Bellville fans travel very well

OLE'BULL
10-16-2014, 08:47 AM
This game could very easily be for the district championship so I see both teams being ready to go. There is no doubt in my mind that Bellville is going to be better prepared and better coached. It will be up to the players to execute what they have been doing for most of the season. If that happens, I don't see Bellville losing this one. Don't be surprised if the Bulls run away with this one and win by a couple or more TD's. I am not overconfident, I just know what we can do when we are firing on all cylinders. If we don't turn the ball over, and keep the stupid penalties to a minimum, we will be fine. Rowe and the Brahmas have Whartons number. I am also predicting a special teams TD in this one. Almost game day, get your minds right Bulls!

BB BULLS
10-16-2014, 10:12 AM
everyone talks about Whartons speed, the way to control that speed is to keep it in front of you and make solid tackles. if we get after the QB then the speed does not matter IMO. clean game by the Brahmas means a clean win.

OLE'BULL
10-16-2014, 10:50 AM
everyone talks about Whartons speed, the way to control that speed is to keep it in front of you and make solid tackles. if we get after the QB then the speed does not matter IMO. clean game by the Brahmas means a clean win.

You got it BB. While Bellville is not big on the defensive side of the ball, they make up for it with their speed. We have a lot of guys who can really run around out there. They are also very sure tacklers in the open field. We have played quite a few teams this year that had good speed. Stafford, Sealy, and Brookshire to name a few. We have done well against all of them, including the loss to Stafford. Rowe's defense is never the question, IMO.

Scoop27
10-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Wharton's offense has relied on big plays in drives to score a lot of touchdowns and that's one of the strenghts. Their kicking game is average as well as special teams. They also get flagged for a lot of penalties in their games and that's one of their downfalls.

BB BULLS
10-16-2014, 12:57 PM
You got it BB. While Bellville is not big on the defensive side of the ball, they make up for it with their speed. We have a lot of guys who can really run around out there. They are also very sure tacklers in the open field. We have played quite a few teams this year that had good speed. Stafford, Sealy, and Brookshire to name a few. We have done well against all of them, including the loss to Stafford. Rowe's defense is never the question, IMO.

you are right Bull the defense might have a break down every now and then but Rowe takes care of it pretty quick and it dont happen again. these boys are not the biggest and thare are not real fast but fast enough, but they play well has a team and swarm to the ball. if they hold the ball carrier for a split second he is gonna go down.

Truthful Tiger
10-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Having watch both teams play Sealy, I'm going to give the slight edge to Wharton.

During the Wharton game, the Sealy players played better, but I believe play calling crushed their hoped for a win. Can't run the QB 20+ times for only ~50 yards. Offensively Wharton made few mistake, Sealy defense came to play in the 1st half. Wharton made adjustments and came from behind to win. Wharton made one mistake in the 1st half, by jumping a route on one of the starting WRs allowing a 2nd stringer to get behind them for a 60 yard reception.

Against Bellville, the QB had a poor game. I believe his completion percentage was in the 20-low 30s with a couple of INTs. Sealy gave up 2 big plays resulting in the Bellville scores. Other than that, Bellville had minimal sustained drives. Very few 1st downs if I recall correctly. I think if the QB threw better like he did against Wharton, Sealy could have won this. I don't think bad play calling like the Wharton game would have had any affect on this game, as Sealy's D score their only points.

I think it will be close, but I think if Wharton's QB is back to 100% then they edge out Bellville.

mables
10-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Sealy's QB played poor because Bellville's defense was all over him that night. Bellville's defense will decide this game. If they can keep Wharton from making the big play, Bellville will win.

Truthful Tiger
10-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Sealy's QB played poor because Bellville's defense was all over him that night. Bellville's defense will decide this game. If they can keep Wharton from making the big play, Bellville will win.

Granted Bellville D was all over him. But Washington HS wasnt pressuring him and he was still running out of the pocket for no reason. So, I'm not sure if it was all Bellville's D or him just doing it to himself some. Had I not watched him do it against Washington (with absolutely no pressure) then I would 100% agree with you. Also Wharton is at home. But in the end, it all comes down to tomorrow night.

OLE'BULL
10-17-2014, 06:39 AM
Bellvilles D is the reason Sealy, and every other team has struggled to get the ball moving. Also, Bellvilles offense is a totally different unit than they were the first few games. We don't mind going on the road, the visitors side will be full. I just don't think Wharton has enough to get it done. Should be a great game though!

WhartonTigers
10-17-2014, 09:50 AM
See you fellas tonight...every week ive read threads like this one, where wharton speed wont be enough, and the other team will be better coached and prepared. ...IT ALL SOUNDS GOOD ....JUST HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TO EAT YOUR CROW...... ELCAMPO, SEALY, LAMAR CONSOLIDATED, COLUMBUS....but every week we prove these threads wrong....we have faced some great backs in non district. Hopkins (Cuero), Dove (El Campo), and Thomas (Lamar Consolidated), so we will be ready to tackle tonight....

OLE'BULL
10-17-2014, 10:46 AM
See you fellas tonight...every week ive read threads like this one, where wharton speed wont be enough, and the other team will be better coached and prepared. ...IT ALL SOUNDS GOOD ....JUST HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TO EAT YOUR CROW...... ELCAMPO, SEALY, LAMAR CONSOLIDATED, COLUMBUS....but every week we prove these threads wrong....we have faced some great backs in non district. Hopkins (Cuero), Dove (El Campo), and Thomas (Lamar Consolidated), so we will be ready to tackle tonight....

I will stand by my post that we will be better prepared and better coached. That doesn't guarantee a W. I never doubted Whartons talent so I won't be eating any crow. I think Bellville is the better team and SHOULD win, doesn't mean we will. Being ready to tackle won't guarantee a W for Wharton either. Bellville doesn't necessarily make people miss when we have the ball. They execute and gain enough yards to keep the chains moving and control the ball/clock. We can also throw the ball better than we have been able to in years past. We can lull you to sleep with the run and than drop a deep ball on you when we have to. I am hoping for a quick start for the Brahmas, then never look back.

speedbump
10-17-2014, 11:06 AM
The last two years EC softened Wharton up for the Brahmas. Since you guys didn't play them the following week this year.we took a different approach to help you out. We simply figured since it was a meaningless game we would play it asleep. Even if a miracle happened and Wharton won the SC, 2014 would always be referred to as "the year we beat EC" by the Wharton folks. So you see ... they have already won their biggest game of the season and will take the Brahmas lightly. I still see a 14 point win for Bellville.

BB BULLS
10-17-2014, 11:12 AM

as long as our defense plays like it has this will be a good game. if Wharton makes any mistakes we will take advantage of them. like i said before good clean injury free game may the best team win Bellville by 7

Scoop27
10-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Bellville folks coming to the Wharton game can eat good food at 9'ers is on the Boling Highway FM 1301-Take left at CVS and 9'ers in on the left next to Sonic- There is a good mexican food place in front of Walmart that used to be chilis cals LosCasna

OLE'BULL
10-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Bellville folks coming to the Wharton game can eat good food at 9'ers is on the Boling Highway FM 1301-Take left at CVS and 9'ers in on the left next to Sonic- There is a good mexican food place in front of Walmart that used to be chilis cals LosCasna

I had my eye on Taste Woods BBQ. What do you think about that joint? What does 9'ers have? I also would rather not battle many Friday night football fans so what could you suggest to avoid that without sacrificing a good meal?

WhartonTigers
10-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Taste woods is awesome, I hate Hinze BBQ burned down, but taste woods us just as good. For variety go to 9ers...

Scoop27
10-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Taste Woods barbecue is great and even liked it better than Hinze's. Their brisket is juicy and tender along with their ribs, chicken, sausage and sides
9'ers has a big variety of food which is cooked to order-I like their Rib Eye steak sandwich and chicken fried steak
http://www.9ersgrill.com/menu.htm

WhartonTigers
10-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Lmbo now this is the joke of the day, we were more pumped to play lamar consolidated this year than EC, NOBODY IN TOWN EVEN CARES ANYMORE ABOUT THAT GAME...EL CAMPO ACTS LIKE THEY ARE THE KATY OF 4A...in all actuality, you will lose in the first around again this year..and after football who even knows el campo exist...where in basketball and track wharton will make a long run to state...

Pudlugger
10-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Taste Woods barbecue is great and even liked it better than Hinze's. Their brisket is juicy and tender along with their ribs, chicken, sausage and sides
9'ers has a big variety of food which is cooked to order-I like their Rib Eye steak sandwich and chicken fried steak
http://www.9ersgrill.com/menu.htm

Geez guys have a little compassion I'm on an 800 calorie diet here. :(

speedbump
10-17-2014, 11:49 AM
lmbo now this is the joke of the day, we were more pumped to play lamar consolidated this year than ec, nobody in town even cares anymore about that game...el campo acts like they are the katy of 4a...in all actuality, you will lose in the first around again this year..and after football who even knows el campo exist...where in basketball and track wharton will make a long run to state...

.......bs

WhartonTigers
10-17-2014, 11:59 AM
Call it what you want....ec is a nonfactor... just face the realities, after football your athletic program is weak. ....

WhartonTigers
10-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Geez guys have a little compassion I'm on an 800 calorie diet here. :(

Well pudlugger subway is right across the street from 9ers...

OLE'BULL
10-17-2014, 12:55 PM
So out of Taste Woods and 9'ers, which one will be less crowded around 6:30-7:00 tonight?

WhartonTigers
10-17-2014, 01:02 PM
So out of Taste Woods and 9'ers, which one will be less crowded around 6:30-7:00 tonight?

9ers

Scoop27
10-17-2014, 01:05 PM
9ers has good service and don't have to wait long- They serve steak fries with their burgers and their onion rings are to die for. They also have beer

OLE'BULL
10-17-2014, 03:29 PM
9'ers it is! I looked at their menu and the worst thing about that place is that everything looks good and it will be too hard to choose. Thanks for the help fellas! Ok, last question, I know its getting old: What are your 3 favorite things on their menu?

maestro
10-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Call it what you want....ec is a nonfactor... just face the realities, after football your athletic program is weak. ....

If you have been reading these post between EC and Wharton fans....a game that was played last month....

You can tell why I continue to post that it is the TOP RIVALRY in any classification in Texas.

It's either: my favorite 2teams are Wharton and whomever plays El Campo
Or

El Campo and whomever plays Wharton.

Great High School stuff there...

As far as the game tonight...wharton is explosive, but high risk...

Bellville's style has less chance for turnovers.

BrahmaMOMMA
10-17-2014, 10:42 PM
What a heck of a game Bellville 31 Wharton 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zebrablue2
10-18-2014, 12:21 AM
heard Bellville was down 13 with 5 min to go and pulled it out, WHAT A GAME...:clap:

Truthful Tiger
10-18-2014, 01:08 AM
Wow, I checked scores late in the 4th and it has the 'Ville down. Good job coming back.

OLE'BULL
10-18-2014, 04:59 AM
Boy am I glad I got to see this one. Wharton is a good team folks. Better than my posts this week reflect. Offensively they have the ability to score anytime from anywhere on the field, with a healthy QB. I hate to say it but the Wharton QB getting hurt and missing most of the second half made the difference. I will say that Bellvilles best (or close to it) defensive player was out most of the 2nd half with an ankle injury. Probably pur 2nd best defensive player, along with a couple others, battled cramps almost the entire 4th quarter. So maybe both tens injuries evened each other out, who knows. I do know Whartons starting QB is an outright stud. I hope he is OK (looked to be a throwing shoulder injury), but am glad he didn't play the whole game.

Back to the cramping: What in the $@?! was that all about?!?!?! Jesus we are 8 weeks into the season, that shouldn't be happening to multiple players. Did they not get proper conditioning during the last 3 weeks because of the blowout wins? Hopefully that's not the case. Too many German sodas over fair week? Better not be the case, and doubt it. That is frustrating as we are out of the brutal heat and last night was a beautiful night for football. Ughhh!

So back to the positives: Last night was a feel good win for me. Watching our team NEVER give up, and scratch and claw their way back, was a beautiful sight to see. I should have known that Rowe wouldn't expect anything less, and we shouldn't either. Kudos to Wharton, they have some of the best athletes I have seen, and quite a few of them! Another great night for our RB's who gutted out the tough yards. Zapalac again threw the ball all over the place. He had another good game, even with some of the drops and INT's. Being down 30-17 with time running out in the 4th, I was getting ready to "turn out the lights...". Rowe calling that onside with 5ish minutes left was risky, but it paid off. That couldn't have been executed any better by our kicker, who had a great night. I could go on for a while about this game. Nice win Brahmas. Good luck to a fantastic Wharton team. Y'all will make a great playoff team.

BB BULLS
10-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Bull I will agree with to point about their QB but I just think with the adjustments Rome made at half time is what saved us IMO. the D only gave up 6 points in the second half to them and that's not a lot. Whartontiger you are right the tigers have a lot more speed this year. one heckuva game. Just on a side note Wharton still plays dirty after the play there was several times that should have got flagged for it but never did

BB BULLS
10-18-2014, 09:34 AM
man I bet last night with about 2 min left in the game rancher had the computer all cranked ready to tell us how slow & slower we are then had to shut it down when we pulled it out. raaaacher oh raaaancher were are you? 6-1 aint to bad for a bunch of slow pokes

OLE'BULL
10-18-2014, 09:54 AM
man I bet last night with about 2 min left in the game rancher had the computer all cranked ready to tell us how slow & slower we are then had to shut it down when we pulled it out. raaaacher oh raaaancher were are you? 6-1 aint to bad for a bunch of slow pokes

Hey don't sell us short! 7-1!!!!

OLE'BULL
10-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Bull I will agree with to point about their QB but I just think with the adjustments Rome made at half time is what saved us IMO. the D only gave up 6 points in the second half to them and that's not a lot. Whartontiger you are right the tigers have a lot more speed this year. one heckuva game. Just on a side note Wharton still plays dirty after the play there was several times that should have got flagged for it but never did

VERY dirty. It is hard to watch as a fan. You want to go down there and smack the kid, along with the refs for missing it. I am very proud of how the kids handled it. They didn't retaliate and in some instances, I don't know how they kept their composure. #4 for Wharton shouldn't be allowed to play another down of high school football, I can't believe their coaches tolerate that trash from their team. Like I said before the game, we are better coached...

BB BULLS
10-18-2014, 11:19 AM
VERY dirty. It is hard to watch as a fan. You want to go down there and smack the kid, along with the refs for missing it. I am very proud of how the kids handled it. They didn't retaliate and in some instances, I don't know how they kept their composure. #4 for Wharton shouldn't be allowed to play another down of high school football, I can't believe their coaches tolerate that trash from their team. Like I said before the game, we are better coached...

yea I thought when #4 went to the sideline that he would not come back. but like you said coaches make the difference if he would have been on our team Rowe would have sit his butt the rest of the game.
this game served well as R3 GOTW IMO

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2014, 01:49 PM
yea I thought when #4 went to the sideline that he would not come back. but like you said coaches make the difference if he would have been on our team Rowe would have sit his butt the rest of the game.
this game served well as R3 GOTW IMO

what a football game, looked like we just traded scores in first q. but then Wharton started pulling away and we couldn't get it going until we were down 30 to 17 and with 5 min left the table turned and Bellville scored twice to take the victory but not until Wharton had a shot to win it and came up just short and to the left. My hats off to the players for never giving up. and thank god for the group of coaches we have that we have in Bellville. there was one player from Wharton that was talking trash before the game and also still after the game was over the same guy was talking trash about our defense. I guess we he was walking by the scoreboard it was off so he must have forgot Bellville won the game.
once again hats off to the players, coaches, band, and fans for not giving up.

Scoop27
10-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Did yall like the food at 9'ers?

Bull's-eye
10-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Great game, but you have to question the Wharton play calling in the 4th quarter. Why do you keep throwing the ball when running out the clock should of been your main objective? Don't you know that incomplete passes stop the clock? I also noticed Wharton snapping the ball with plenty time on the play clock. I thought Bellville should of called a time out at the 3 minute mark following the 2nd down sack of the Wharton QB. Valuable time ran off the clock & if not for the interception, they wouldn't of had much time to drive down field for the winning score. As it turned out, not calling the time out helped them win in the end. Wharton is a very explosive team & they should do very well in the playoffs. Losing their starting QB for the 2nd half was a huge factor in this game. Hard to imagine them only scoring 14 points on Sealy, maybe just a bad game or they have made huge strides on offense. Bellville's recent opponents have been fairly weak, so facing a quality opponent like Wharton should do them good. Definitely need to work on the pass defense, just can't allow receivers to be left wide open in the end zone.

OLE'BULL
10-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Did yall like the food at 9'ers?

AWESOME! Got the bacon cheese burger. Good call!

The Bull #40
10-20-2014, 10:54 AM
This was the best high school football game I've seen in a while!!! Wharton has so many athletes it's ridiculous! Their QB should win district MVP IMO, and it's a shame he got hurt but I agree with previous posts that was when the game turned in favor of the Brahmas. I'm liking the way our offense is getting better as well as more balanced each week, but our defense missed WAY too many tackles tonight and our pass coverage was lackluster. Rowe will get the defense back into gear this week for Sweeny I believe and I hope he throws in some extra conditioning, multiple players with cramps this late in the season is inexcusable. Congrats to the Brahmas on the win and good luck to Wharton the rest of the way, hope your QB heals up quickly.