PDA

View Full Version : cowboyandchrist... churp churp

hollywood
10-11-2014, 01:32 AM
Rough year so far for cowboy. Are you still here? All we hear are crickets.

Dawgs
10-11-2014, 07:53 AM

Cowboy is probably in shock. Been along time since both Tatum and Carthage have been down. There is some kind of conspiracy going on! 2 powerhouse schools 15 miles apart, and both playing bad football? Somebody has put something in the water over here in deep east Texas.

toddg
10-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Both will probably catch lightning in the playoffs..it will shake out!!

buckeyebob
10-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Both will probably catch lightning in the playoffs..it will shake out!!

They are both on a fast ride to the gym for Round Ball...I can see both start BB practice pretty quick...like 4 weeks

cowboyandchrist
10-11-2014, 10:33 AM

Good morning Hollywood, Go to the Tatum Gladewater thread and read my last post on the Eagles and the Dawgs. It has been a very disappointing season, I never thought both teams would play like they have this year. I knew the Dawgs would have a difficult time replacing 18 starters, but in my dream world that I live in when it comes to the Eagles and Dawgs, I never thought they could play as bad as they are playing. They will be back in the hunt for titles in the near future. I will take my crow because of my pre season boast of the Tatum Eagles. If you could see this group of young men, you would say dang they look the part of a good football team.
No team should beat them like they got beat last night. Gladewater scored on the second play of the game and never looked back. Gladewater rushed for over 450 yards and held Tatum to 52. The bears did not throw the ball that well, but they did not have to. D Mack scored 8 points on extra points. Gladewater has as good of a ground and pound as you will see, but for them to have a shot at the title, they will have to throw the ball. There are teams that can stop running teams. Good luck to the Ville and the Rattlers, I have a feeling you will meet for the title. Gilmer is my pick for a title run in DII with Gladewater and Atlanta a close second from East Texas. God Bless and no injuries.

hollywood
10-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Good morning Hollywood, Go to the Tatum Gladewater thread and read my last post on the Eagles and the Dawgs. It has been a very disappointing season, I never thought both teams would play like they have this year. I knew the Dawgs would have a difficult time replacing 18 starters, but in my dream world that I live in when it comes to the Eagles and Dawgs, I never thought they could play as bad as they are playing. They will be back in the hunt for titles in the near future. I will take my crow because of my pre season boast of the Tatum Eagles. If you could see this group of young men, you would say dang they look the part of a good football team.
No team should beat them like they got beat last night. Gladewater scored on the second play of the game and never looked back. Gladewater rushed for over 450 yards and held Tatum to 52. The bears did not throw the ball that well, but they did not have to. D Mack scored 8 points on extra points. Gladewater has as good of a ground and pound as you will see, but for them to have a shot at the title, they will have to throw the ball. There are teams that can stop running teams. Good luck to the Ville and the Rattlers, I have a feeling you will meet for the title. Gilmer is my pick for a title run in DII with Gladewater and Atlanta a close second from East Texas. God Bless and no injuries.

Good morning cowboy. Most teams, even the most successful programs go through growing pains from time to time. It's just part of it. Even college and professional teams that can recruit and buy players. I'm sure you'll keep the faith and best wishes the rest of the season. You've got to back your teams through thick and thin.

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Through the Good Times and the Bad.....yes, that is what a true fan and athletic supporter(haha) does.

Dawgs
10-11-2014, 11:36 AM
They are both on a fast ride to the gym for Round Ball...I can see both start BB practice pretty quick...like 4 weeks

And Gilmer will be airing up the basketballs when they meet Gladewater in the playoffs. Way to physical for the Buckeyes.

movethechain
10-11-2014, 02:14 PM
And Gilmer will be airing up the basketballs when they meet Gladewater in the playoffs. Way to physical for the Buckeyes.

Buckeyes as the underdogs. We like it !!!

lostaussie
10-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Gladewater is good.......but I didn't see anything that made me say "awe shoot"

Dawgs
10-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Gladewater is good.......but I didn't see anything that made me say "awe shoot"

I didn't really see anything either, when we played them. They are starting to remind me alot of Kilgore last year. Perfect, and I mean perfect team to beat Gilmer. Big and physical on both sides of the ball, and power running game. When the time comes, whether the coach should or shouldn't do it, there is not a team in 4a in the state that will stop Mack lined up at running back. I really hope this game happens. Gladewater might just get a little revenge for all those recent beat downs. Both teams have played through the adversity of losing a teammate, I believe this will only make them tougher to beat. If it happens I will be there rooting for the orange and black!

buckeyebob
10-12-2014, 10:57 AM

Way too physical for the Dawgs...not so much for the Bucs

regaleagle
10-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Good to hear there's another big kid on the block to keep the Buckeyes humble. Region 2 DII needs a bit of stiff competition, and it's starting to look like it won't be a cakewalk to get out of the region.

poisoned10
10-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Good to hear there's another big kid on the block to keep the Buckeyes humble. Region 2 DII needs a bit of stiff competition, and it's starting to look like it won't be a cakewalk to get out of the region.

I don't remember a time when Region 2 was ever cake walk. First 2 rounds maybe.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

lostaussie
10-12-2014, 02:48 PM
I don't remember a time when Region 2 was ever cake walk. First 2 rounds maybe.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using TapatalkI know that's right. When did we become the whipping boy.....uh never

Gen.Pat
10-13-2014, 06:44 AM
Tough season for Tatum,Godley and Alvarado , they been taking some lumps .

waterboy
10-13-2014, 10:34 AM
I didn't really see anything either, when we played them. They are starting to remind me alot of Kilgore last year. Perfect, and I mean perfect team to beat Gilmer. Big and physical on both sides of the ball, and power running game. When the time comes, whether the coach should or shouldn't do it, there is not a team in 4a in the state that will stop Mack lined up at running back. I really hope this game happens. Gladewater might just get a little revenge for all those recent beat downs. Both teams have played through the adversity of losing a teammate, I believe this will only make them tougher to beat. If it happens I will be there rooting for the orange and black!

This meeting will likely happen. What people fail to realize is that the Tatum team that Gladewater beat is NOT the same team that gave Gilmer a good game. Something happened to Tatum, and I'm not sure what it is. The Bares KNOW they will have to beat Gilmer to get to the next level in the playoffs, and Gilmer is one of those teams that can score on Gladewater's defense because they can pass the ball at will, and that opens up the run game. They have also made Daylon Mack a nonfactor in the previous meetings with him on the field. It should be a tough matchup, but my money is on Gilmer.

waterboy
10-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Let's see how Gladewater does against Atlanta before we make a call on an eventual meeting with the Buckeyes. Atlanta has looked good, too.

cowboyandchrist
10-13-2014, 11:09 AM
This meeting will likely happen. What people fail to realize is that the Tatum team that Gladewater beat is NOT the same team that gave Gilmer a good game. Something happened to Tatum, and I'm not sure what it is. The Bares KNOW they will have to beat Gilmer to get to the next level in the playoffs, and Gilmer is one of those teams that can score on Gladewater's defense because they can pass the ball at will, and that opens up the run game. They have also made Daylon Mack a nonfactor in the previous meetings with him on the field. It should be a tough matchup, but my money is on Gilmer.

Gladewater is a darn good team, they have a super star in the MACK truck that deals lots of trouble for O linemen. He is almost unstoppable at the goal line when he runs the ball. The Bear D plays well together and can sure stop the run, but they are not very good against the pass. With all that said, I still think Gilmer is the team to beat this year. They are the only team I have seen in person this year that could be down by 20 and still come back and beat you by 20. They can score from anywhere on the field. The D plays well against the pass, but do give up yards in the run game. If a teams wants to ground and pound against them, I don't think it bothers them one bit. After you drive the length of the field and score on them, they just return the favor in two plays. They appear to be the Baylor of high school football. No one really knows anything about Atlanta, I for one think they beat a good football team in Pleasant Gove. The Grove had a bunch of players that have not played before come out for the team this year. The linebacker that has made the paper every week did not play football the last couple of years and there are others playing well for the grove that did not play last year. I know all this because I am friends with the linebackers dad. East Texas will be well represented when the playoffs roll around. The sad part is all three teams will have to beat each other in order to reach the state championship. It would have been nice if at least one of them could have gone a different route in the playoffs.

poisoned10
10-13-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure if there is any truth to this, but I was told by someone from Tatum today that there were about 10 players that were either kicked off the team or quit. They didn't know who they were or roles they played on the team.

Again, not sure if it's true. Just what I was told today.

waterboy
10-13-2014, 12:05 PM
No doubt Mack will get his, but they will have to be able to stop Gilmer's athletes in both the passing game, and the running game. Definitely not an easy chore. Maybe they can do it, but history tells me they won't be able to get enough stops to beat us. If Gilmer gets 4 or 5 stops against Gladewater, and it might not take that many, the Buckeyes would likely win. The Buckeyes have done very well defensively this year in the red zone, not to mention they have very good corners and can stack the line if needed. Yes, they give up yards in the run game, but once the opponent gets into the red zone they've been able to get stops repeatedly. Atlanta has both a running game and a passing game. It'll be interesting to see how Gladewater does against a balanced team defensively. I don't think Atlanta's defense is built to stop a special player like Mack, though. We'll see how that turns out as well. If not for my Buckeyes playing at home for the first time all season, and it being Yamboree week, I would like to see that matchup between our potential future playoff opponents. Atlanta has really looked impressive so far, just like Gladewater.

Dawgs
10-13-2014, 02:31 PM
No doubt Mack will get his, but they will have to be able to stop Gilmer's athletes in both the passing game, and the running game. Definitely not an easy chore. Maybe they can do it, but history tells me they won't be able to get enough stops to beat us. If Gilmer gets 4 or 5 stops against Gladewater, and it might not take that many, the Buckeyes would likely win. The Buckeyes have done very well defensively this year in the red zone, not to mention they have very good corners and can stack the line if needed. Yes, they give up yards in the run game, but once the opponent gets into the red zone they've been able to get stops repeatedly. Atlanta has both a running game and a passing game. It'll be interesting to see how Gladewater does against a balanced team defensively. I don't think Atlanta's defense is built to stop a special player like Mack, though. We'll see how that turns out as well. If not for my Buckeyes playing at home for the first time all season, and it being Yamboree week, I would like to see that matchup between our potential future playoff opponents. Atlanta has really looked impressive so far, just like Gladewater.

I dont know that Gilmer will be able to stop a power running team. Threw the white flag last year against Kilgore. Yall don't have anybody on the defensive side of the ball as good as Walker. I guess in the secondary, but if Boyd is coming up making stops, it will be a long night. Not doubting Gilmer at all, I just don't think this years team is any better than last years team in the trenches.

buckeyebob
10-13-2014, 04:44 PM
I dont know that Gilmer will be able to stop a power running team. Threw the white flag last year against Kilgore. Yall don't have anybody on the defensive side of the ball as good as Walker. I guess in the secondary, but if Boyd is coming up making stops, it will be a long night. Not doubting Gilmer at all, I just don't think this years team is any better than last years team in the trenches.

I'm sure I am reading this wrong...Threw the white flag last year against Kilgore...29-34 hardly seems like a white flag & that was last year... Yall don't have anybody on the defensive side of the ball as good as Walker...Josh is a good guy & a great player...I guess from this, you haven't seen the Buckeyes this year. Boyd is a great player but hardly our only player. Gilmer is giving up an average of 17 points per game...most of those were in the last quarter...yet scoring an average of 58 (best in Class 4A-II)...the Buckeyes are not one dimensional...we average running & passing about the same.

waterboy
10-13-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm sure I am reading this wrong...Threw the white flag last year against Kilgore...29-34 hardly seems like a white flag & that was last year... Yall don't have anybody on the defensive side of the ball as good as Walker...Josh is a good guy & a great player...I guess from this, you haven't seen the Buckeyes this year. Boyd is a great player but hardly our only player. Gilmer is giving up an average of 17 points per game...most of those were in the last quarter...yet scoring an average of 58 (best in Class 4A-II)...the Buckeyes are not one dimensional...we average running & passing about the same.

I think he was referring to our "Ole' " play. You know, the one where we let Kilgore score so we could put the game back into the offense's hands for the last drive. Truthfully, it's hard to gauge this Buckeye team right now. We haven't had enough reps with the first team yet. The Tatum game was close, but I don't think we can gauge the progression of this team by that game. Gilmer has played much better football since, while Tatum fell from being a serious contender to an average or less team. It's unfortunate that Tatum is no longer playing like they did the first two games of the season. I honestly don't know for sure what happened in Tatum, but they don't even resemble the team that started the season.

The Gladewater people on that other website think they are the best team in the state right now because they spanked Tatum while we struggled with them. Their fans seem to have short memories. That may be a good thing for them, but it's way too early for that kind of talk.

Lion70
10-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Wait Gladewater is talking about last year. They were a few plays and a choke fest by henderson ( dropped a 3 td 4th lead or Bullard basically giving up on the season from being a 3-7 team.

Dawgs
10-14-2014, 07:39 AM

No you were not reading wrong. Yall could not stop a power running game last year, and there is no reason to think Gilmer can this year. Yes threw up the white flag when Kilgore was breaking 5 - 10 yards a carry in the second half last year. On the last drive of the game there was nothing that Gilmer could do except let them score a TD from the 10 yard line, and Gilmer had the lead. Absolutely could not stop them, plain and simple. Traylor gave up a lead! My comments about Josh Walker is that yall don't have anybody on defense to stop the run like he could. I was simply stating best of the best on the field. I am sure you have many more players than Boyd, but at the 4a DII level a big time player like Walker will make a huge difference. I am just giving an opinion that I don't see how the defense is better suited to stop the run, or even better overall. I have seen Gilmer. Saw them donkey stomp Carthage. Honestly I think they are a great team, but I didn't see anything different than any other Gilmer team over the last couple of years. I saw them in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013. Obviously better than 2010, but other than that no better than than any other team. Not close to 2008 and 2009. For all the athletes on the field there for sure ain't a Stump Godfrey. I just don't see that player that will absolutely take over the game when needed. Now the Carthage game was over at the end of the 1st QT, so I understand I have to take the Gilmer team with a grain of salt, but I do know Carthage was able to be effective moving the ball in the running game with an average offensive line, and a freshman running back. That is all. Not talking trash just stating opinions. I still don't think Gilmer can stand up in the trenches to a big, physical, fundamentally sound power running team. Awesome thing is we will find out!

Eagleborn
10-16-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm not sure if there is any truth to this, but I was told by someone from Tatum today that there were about 10 players that were either kicked off the team or quit. They didn't know who they were or roles they played on the team.

Again, not sure if it's true. Just what I was told today.

Yea...... That's not true. No one has been kicked off. One quit few weeks ago because he wasn't a running back. He started on OL.

Banged up is only thing wrong. Will be without a handful this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waterboy
10-16-2014, 01:05 PM
I sure would've thought Tatum would've had more depth with the athletes they have. Injuries happen, but if they happen to key players it can absolutely change a team. The Eagles haven't been the same team we saw in Week 2, or at least not played like it. Tatum is one of those teams that can turn it around quickly with the coaching and talent they have. I'm just shocked at how far they dropped even with some players injured.