PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever seen...?

garageoffice
10-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Have you ever seen a coach lose his cool and accost an opposing player? Tonight, in the Kennedale-Springtown game, I saw a coach shove Kennedale's quarterback. He had run the ball out of bounds and been pushed late (definitely a couple of steps out already) and slid almost into the curb of the track. He jumped up and was upset and in the confusion, one of the assistant coaches shoved him. The referee didn't see it at the time, but there were questions about what happened later and when a member of the chain gang told the referee what he saw the head coach argued with him and threatened to have him removed.

I've heard of this kind of thing happening and I've heard all kinds of terrible language directed from coaches to opposing players over the years, but this is the first time I've seen something of this nature happen.

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Anytime an incident like that may occur, the coach should be immediately removed from the sidelines and reprimanded by his school board....end of story. There is no excuse for such an incident EVER occurring.

stardog
10-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Have you ever seen a coach lose his cool and accost an opposing player? Tonight, in the Kennedale-Springtown game, I saw a coach shove Kennedale's quarterback. He had run the ball out of bounds and been pushed late (definitely a couple of steps out already) and slid almost into the curb of the track. He jumped up and was upset and in the confusion, one of the assistant coaches shoved him. The referee didn't see it at the time, but there were questions about what happened later and when a member of the chain gang told the referee what he saw the head coach argued with him and threatened to have him removed.

I've heard of this kind of thing happening and I've heard all kinds of terrible language directed from coaches to opposing players over the years, but this is the first time I've seen something of this nature happen.

Was it the old Ohio St coach Woody Hays

movethechain
10-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Sounds like something right of a Longview/Marshall game. Please don't read this like I'm saying the Longview or Marshall coaches, past or present, would ever do something like the OP noted, I'm not, but wild and crazy things have happened in that annual rivalry game.

toddg
10-11-2014, 08:28 PM

Halloween..Alvarado/Kennedale..hoping for a good all around game...but, strange things happen when we meet up..but one thing for certain, you wont hear coaches cussing on our sideline..or shoving for that matter!!

tres beauties
10-13-2014, 03:16 PM
I assure you that you won't see that from the Kennedale sideline either.

toddg
10-13-2014, 03:43 PM
I assure you that you won't see that from the Kennedale sideline either.

I second that! Coach Barrett is a class gentleman, and runs a class program!