PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss at TAMU

1st and goal
10-10-2014, 12:34 PM
http://www.12thman.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=3462694&db_oem_id=27300

1st and goal
10-10-2014, 12:35 PM
I still believe that A&M still can beat anybody, it just depends which team shows up. We sure had the dropsies last week.

I think they'll win by 7.

Macarthur
10-10-2014, 02:17 PM
I've got worries about the Aggies. I think these better defenses are going to magnify Hill's deficiencies. Also, Miss defense is really good. I think the Aggies lose this one.

Saggy Aggie
10-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Kenny will continue to showcase why he's overrated.

Can't wait for kyler

Lion70
10-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Going with the Ags at home with the upset. Should be a good game.

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Talked to my brother the retired colonel and Class of 1973. He lives in Fayetteville, NC now and I don't see him much. He's all charged for this game, and was asking my opinion about the game. I told him the dropped passes would get "ironed out" by Sumlin and the offense will be OK....that I was more concerned with the Aggie D. I think the performance of the Aggie D today will either win or lose this game for A&M....that the offense will do its job today. What say ye?

Macarthur
10-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Don't underestimate miss defense. They are good.

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 02:34 PM
They have looked very good so far....we'll see if they can repeat their performance on D against the Ags in College Station today. They will not have their big crowd behind them today.....just a sea of Maroon beating down on them the whole game.

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 02:38 PM
I'll take Baylor and Briles in this one, thank you very much. Baylor at home in their new stadium with all the marbles for the Big 12 outright lead. Big national audience as well.

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Hit the wrong button for the last post, lol

1st and goal
10-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Side note: While I want Miss State to beat Auburn, I don't want them to win with home cooked officials. But so far, 2 home cooked major calls.

1st and goal
10-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Can someone tell me why the Aggies fell so far in the rankings? 1 loss to a team that is whipping Auburn right now. Why?

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Because they have a loss and they are not Top Four. They didn't fall very far. There are other teams that have yet to lose that are contenders.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Can you explain their drop vs OU's drop....?

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Of course not, Stymie. Can you?

you know how it is with Okie and the pollsters.....always given too much credit from past history(their "glory days"). A&M will unfortunately have to prove themselves valid on the national stage....that's just the way it is.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Kenny will continue to showcase why he's overrated.

Can't wait for kyler

Just stopping by to say hi....

How long have I been saying Kenny is overrated?

Going back to preseason, I said I hoped allen won the job cuz I wasn't even impressed with hill when he was at SLC...

#Kyler2015

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Someone let me know when they see Kenny hill hit a wr in the chest in stride

I'm still waiting on it.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2014, 10:49 PM
I've seen all I want to see of Kenny hill.

WRs are talented but their hands are weak. Play calling sucks. Offensive line is a weak link after being a huge strength in the past, especially with Joeckel and matthews.

Defense is much improved from 2013, but can only do so much with an inept offense.

I officially give up on 2014. Can't wait for kyler and daylon mack

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Ole Miss making the Aggies look bad, even though the Ags don't need help to do that, lol. They make too many mistakes. When they don't, they look pretty good...but that hasn't happened in enough games this year to call them good yet.

hookandladder
10-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Bottom line Saggy , ATM sucks. Another middle of the pack kind of year, Lol.

regaleagle
10-11-2014, 11:03 PM
To be honest, the Ags should have 2 more TD's in this game than they have on the scoreboard right now, but they just make too many stupid mistakes. They have good personnel on the field....just not a clean team yet.

Tejastrue
10-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Bottom line Saggy , ATM sucks. Another middle of the pack kind of year, Lol.

Yep... but maybe Ole Miss is over rated. lol

BB BULLS
10-12-2014, 08:30 AM
like I said couple weeks ago A&M 3-4 losses, after watching yesterday I am going with the later 4 losses.

BB BULLS
10-12-2014, 08:33 AM
they should just stayed in the Big 12 they don't belong in the SEC

SouthTexas Lobo
10-12-2014, 10:19 AM

I think movig to SEC was the right thing from a recruiting and financial perspective for A&M. I just can't believe that Saggy would also bad mouth the Aggies. Oh wait, that's just typical

Saggy Aggie
10-12-2014, 10:25 AM
I was never a fan of Kenny going back to the recruiting days....

Maybe his family will trademark Dak prescott and Bo Wallaces nicknames

Rabid Cougar
10-12-2014, 12:17 PM
TexAgs is not a nice place this morning. Ear Muffs required.

Macarthur
10-12-2014, 12:20 PM

Huh? It's been wildly successful for them.

BwdLions
10-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Although I was not a big Manziel fan, he and Evans made that offense last year. Hill will be okay, he just needs some time and some of his WRs need to help him out.

Rabid Cougar
10-12-2014, 02:03 PM
WR are horrible. Speedy is the only one that is living up to his billing.

hookandladder
10-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Amazing the ATM defense cannot stop anyone other then some 6A schools but the ATM fans keep blaming the offense and Thrill Hill, there sure is a lot of fair weather ATM fans. Lol

Macarthur
10-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Amazing the ATM defense cannot stop anyone other then some 6A schools but the ATM fans keep blaming the offense and Thrill Hill, there sure is a lot of fair weather ATM fans. Lol

Their defense isn't as bad as most thought it would be. The problem is that they are playing with a ton of freshmen and true soph. You need full grown men to play good defense in the sec. They don't have that yet.

Aggies need to be patient with sumlin. He's recruting well and by all indications they have a good S&C program. These underclass men will be upperclassmen in another year or two. Theyll have a quality defense then.

Macarthur
10-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Heres a post from texags that talks about how poor the Aggies have recruited defense before sumlin got there.

Well, I typed up a long reply to a thread that evidently got deleted where someone was claiming that Sherman did fine recruiting defensive players for Sumlin. Please note, I am not making excuses for Sumlin/Snyder, they have had time to find sufficient talent to fill in the HUGE holes left by Sherman, but I just really don't want anyone changing history and pretending that Sherman left us stacked recruiting wise. Here is the info I found and what I was replying to:

So I decided to take you up on your offer...just off the top of my head from the 2010 class on the DL: we got Demontre Moore, Gavin Stansbury (last year's defensive MVP), and Jonathan Mathis who was good enough to stick around with the Cardinals for a few games last year . You call that a complete failure? I chose not to look up anymore stuff for you since it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Nehemiah Hicks - DE (converted to TE)
Damontre Moore - DE (played 1 year for us, went to NFL, not eligible to play this year)
Gavin Stansbury - DE (played past 2 years, did not Redshirt, not eligible to play this year)

Brandon Jackson - DT (no longer playing football - health)
Ivan Robinson - DT (Still playing for us - this is 1 player that is contributing this year)
Jonathan Mathis - DT (played past 2 years, was JUCO, not eligible to play this year)

Domonique Patterson - LB (never broke 2 deep, played a little on special teams, this was the ONLY linebacker Sherman signed this year, and he was a miss

Brandon Alexander - DE (he was on the ONLY dlineman period we signed this year, converted to TE)

Donnie Baggs - LB (he starts for us)
Steven Jenkins - LB (JUCO, played past 2 years, was JUCO not eligible to play this year)
Tyrell Taylor - LB (2 star reach, plays limited in special teams, still on team)
Shaun Ward - LB (played a little first 2 years on team, was not very good, transferred to Florida A&M)
Darzil Washington - LB (ran a 5.08 40, did not qualify, went to JUCO, plays for ULaLa now)

2012 - guys who committed to Sherman before he was fired

Julien Obioha - DE (played last 2 years, decent player)
Michael Richardson - DE (no longer plays football due to injury)
Tyrone Taylor - DE (plays sparingly)
Alonzo Williams - DE (plays for us, decent player, was a TE in high school, have had to move him to DT because of failure to recruit DT)

Jordan Richmond - LB (likes weed, transferred to North Texas)

So in his last 3 classes, Sherman signed or received commits from 7 Linebackers. Only 2 ever broke the 2 deep, 1 was a JUCO. He had 2 classes with only 1 LB and in both cases, the one LB we signed did not pan out.

He signed 3 DT, all in 2010. 1 plays for us, 1 was a JUCO and no longer eligible, and 1 was a miss. We completely flopped on all DT targets in 2011 and 2012. We have had to move Alonzo Williams to DT to have some upperclass depth at this position.

Sherman signed 8 DEs. 2 played but are no longer eligible, 1 still plays for us, 1 moved to DT. Missed on the other 4.

So from Sherman's last 3 classes, we have the following DL or LB contributing this year: Donnie Baggs, Julien Obioha, Ivan Robinson and Alonzo Williams.

Just to compare, the University of Texas (who has our recruiting rival at the time, has the following DL or LB contributing for them from those classes):

Jordan Hicks, Cedric Reed, Steve Edmond, Tevin Jackson, Caleb Blueitt, Paul Boyette, Malcom Brown, Desmond Jackson, Bryce Cottrell, Alex Norman, Hassan Ridgeway, Peter Jinkens, Demarco Cobbs, Timothy Cole, Dalton Santos, and Toshiro Davis

So while Sherman managed to get us 4 contributors at defensive line and linebacker from 2010-2012, Mack Brown got 16 (or 4 times as many) players that are contributing to Texas's defense THIS year from those classes.

Please do not try to argue that Sherman did anything but completely fail in recruiting front 7 players for us. Throwing the name of 1 NFL player a 1 JUCO player out there does not make your point.

Saggy Aggie
10-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Reynolds is doing okay. He's got more TD's in his first 7 games than any A&M WR ever and its not even close

I think Ed Pope is having a nice year as well.

Somewhat disappointed with RSJ. Kennedy cant stay healthy. Neiderhofer and Sabian holmes are awful

Saggy Aggie
10-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Their defense isn't as bad as most thought it would be. The problem is that they are playing with a ton of freshmen and true soph. You need full grown men to play good defense in the sec. They don't have that yet.

Aggies need to be patient with sumlin. He's recruting well and by all indications they have a good S&C program. These underclass men will be upperclassmen in another year or two. Theyll have a quality defense then.

I dont think anyone is impatient with Sumlin. I have full confidence in him. Spavital is a good recruiter and good qb coach, just need a different playcaller. I didnt think anyone could be worse than mckinney but he is.

I'm sorely disappointed in the production of the offense. The defense has improved significantly. No one said theyre world beaters, but they'd look a hell of a lot better if the could get a first down. Same situation with the Longhorns. Imagine how good their D would be if the offense would just help them out a little

hookandladder
10-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Damn, how many atm fans were left in the stands when the game was over. It looked like it was almost empty, I thought atm had the 12th man. There must have been some dog and pony show at the Dixy Chicken, LMAO.

Saggy Aggie
10-12-2014, 04:25 PM
At least it wasn't half empty at the start of the game...

hookandladder
10-12-2014, 04:33 PM
At least it wasn't half empty at the start of the game...

Yea , I remember those days for you guys. Glad it got better for your team, Lol

Rabid Cougar
10-12-2014, 04:44 PM
One thought from last night.....downfield passes! They didn't exist.

Rabid Cougar
10-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Yea , I remember those days for you guys.

When was that?

Gen.Pat
10-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Coach Frezze done a good job at Old Miss.

hookandladder
10-12-2014, 06:35 PM
When was that?

Wait are you an aggy fan or lsu, I thought you were lsu but either way not good right now.

Macarthur
10-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Wait are you an aggy fan or lsu, I thought you were lsu but either way not good right now.

Keep talking trash. What's the record, btw.

hookandladder
10-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Keep talking trash. What's the record, btw.

Not talking trash , just stating the facts. All three teams are not very good this year as far as competing for a championship, two of ATM 5 wins are against two high schools teams and Rice win is no better then Texas win over NT so don't toot that horn to loud.

Macarthur
10-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Lol.

caleb_mccaig
10-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Don't worry A&M supporters, I'm enduring the same thing you guys are with LSU, a total rebuild. Ya'll are a year ahead of LSU I think, but A&M is still super young. Going to be a real competitor for awhile. Just takes a bit to get there.

When A&M made the switch I thought they would be in a decade of losing seasons, I'm happy ya'll proved me wrong.

1st and goal
10-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Not talking trash , just stating the facts. All three teams are not very good this year as far as competing for a championship, two of ATM 5 wins are against two high schools teams and Rice win is no better then Texas win over NT so don't toot that horn to loud.

About your ocean front property....

If that ain't trash, I don't know what is. We've been beaten by the #1 and #3 ranked teams in the nation. We should just go hide under UT's armpit again. Right? LOL. That would be lower than the curb.

We got it handed to us. Youth exposed. We are building. Stronger each year.

hookandladder
10-13-2014, 11:46 AM
About your ocean front property....

If that ain't trash, I don't know what is. We've been beaten by the #1 and #3 ranked teams in the nation. We should just go hide under UT's armpit again. Right? LOL. That would be lower than the curb.

We got it handed to us. Youth exposed. We are building. Stronger each year.

This is Sumlin's third year and you say your still rebuilding, now that is interesting. How long does it take to rebuild when you are landing 4 and 5 star recruits year in and year out, you would think you would just reload to finish between 3rd and 5th in your division.

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Rebuilding as in replacing the best QB to ever play for A&M and maybe best college qb ever and replacing 2 more top 10 picks in the NFL draft. Defense was a work in progress. This wasn't supposed to be a&m's year. The big win to start the year got people's hopes up but it turns out this year is what we thought it'd be. Let's be real though, a&m has lost to the currently #1 and #3 ranked teams.... It's not the end of the world. As far as recruiting, Sumlin has only really seen one true recruiting class of his come through? A lot of the recruits from the first year were Sherman leftovers

I don't think Sumlin will have any excuses personell wise after this next class comes in

caleb_mccaig
10-13-2014, 12:21 PM
This is Sumlin's third year and you say your still rebuilding, now that is interesting. How long does it take to rebuild when you are landing 4 and 5 star recruits year in and year out, you would think you would just reload to finish between 3rd and 5th in your division.

IMO, a team is rebuilding until a coach has four recruiting classes, a chance to get a full program of his guys. That's just me though. I think A&M will be fine. While not ideal, there's nothing embarrassing about finishing 3rd in the SEC West. LSU or A&M could finish sixth in the SEC West this year. I think LSU probably will, unless somehow the passing game gets going but it's definitely a possibility.

1st and goal
10-13-2014, 01:00 PM
just as I've said Charlie Strong will need at least 4 (or 5) years, Sumlin should be given the same.

SEC West is heavy. Real heavy. I told y'all we'd need at least 8 playoff teams to give enough of them a chance at the end of the year. Some good teams will be staying home. I'm not saying A&M is one of those teams, but I am saying SEC West should fill at least 2 of the available 4 slots. I told y'all there should be 8...

I'm not so sure why they like Miss St that much over Ole Miss. Will be a great game between those 2.

caleb_mccaig
10-13-2014, 01:29 PM
just as I've said Charlie Strong will need at least 4 (or 5) years, Sumlin should be given the same.

SEC West is heavy. Real heavy. I told y'all we'd need at least 8 playoff teams to give enough of them a chance at the end of the year. Some good teams will be staying home. I'm not saying A&M is one of those teams, but I am saying SEC West should fill at least 2 of the available 4 slots. I told y'all there should be 8...

I'm not so sure why they like Miss St that much over Ole Miss. Will be a great game between those 2.

Eight teams I think would have been ideal. I don't know if there is any room for them to expand, but they should look into it. There's six unbeaten teams right now and there will be at the most five after the Florida St. and Notre Dame game. I'm praying to God Marshall gets taken down because if they go undefeated I don't think you can leave them out if there's only one or two undefeated teams left at the end of the year. Right now, only a max of four teams can go undefeated, Miss St/Ole Miss, Florida St./Notre Dame, Baylor and Marshall. No telling how many one loss teams could possibly miss out.

1st and goal
10-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Eight teams I think would have been ideal. I don't know if there is any room for them to expand, but they should look into it. There's six unbeaten teams right now and there will be at the most five after the Florida St. and Notre Dame game. I'm praying to God Marshall gets taken down because if they go undefeated I don't think you can leave them out if there's only one or two undefeated teams left at the end of the year. Right now, only a max of four teams can go undefeated, Miss St/Ole Miss, Florida St./Notre Dame, Baylor and Marshall. No telling how many one loss teams could possibly miss out.

I think they have to pad the strength of schedule more than the W-L record. Look at some of the unbeatens and whom have they played? How many have played A&M, Ole Miss, Miss state, Alabama or Auburn?

Macarthur
10-13-2014, 01:40 PM

This is moronic.

What he's had to work with on defense was documented in one of my posts above. Your attempts to diss A&M with the current state of your horns is really pathetic.

caleb_mccaig
10-13-2014, 02:41 PM
I think they have to pad the strength of schedule more than the W-L record. Look at some of the unbeatens and whom have they played? How many have played A&M, Ole Miss, Miss state, Alabama or Auburn?

For sure. I won't be surprised if Marshall goes undefeated and is left out. I know strength of schedule is a big time factor in deciding the teams. I don't think a one loss Baylor gets in over a one loss anyone else.

hookandladder
10-13-2014, 03:10 PM
This is moronic.

What he's had to work with on defense was documented in one of my posts above. Your attempts to diss A&M with the current state of your horns is really pathetic.

I will be willing to bet if Strong is still losing 4 to 5 games a year after 3 years and I am talking beat downs like atm has taken the last two weeks, Strong will be gone. That will not fly at Texas, fair are not.

1st and goal
10-13-2014, 03:41 PM
I will be willing to bet if Strong is still losing 4 to 5 games a year after 3 years and I am talking beat downs like atm has taken the last two weeks, Strong will be gone. That will not fly at Texas, fair are not.

And thus I retort about UT's fair weathered fans. It sucks for their players, for their fans to leave in droves. It happens everywhere, but especially at UT. Maybe they are all just in a hurry to go to Schultz's. Nope, cancel that. Last year they left early at the state fair for fried foods.

Sure, if A&M was suffering beat downs week in and week out, I would think there would be mumblings going on towards the end of next year. But you have to factor in who we are playing. Look at Nick Saban, he almost had to pull the rest of his hair out against Arkansas. It is heavy in the SEC West. Heavy.

hookandladder
10-13-2014, 04:27 PM
And thus I retort about UT's fair weathered fans. It sucks for their players, for their fans to leave in droves. It happens everywhere, but especially at UT. Maybe they are all just in a hurry to go to Schultz's. Nope, cancel that. Last year they left early at the state fair for fried foods.

Sure, if A&M was suffering beat downs week in and week out, I would think there would be mumblings going on towards the end of next year. But you have to factor in who we are playing. Look at Nick Saban, he almost had to pull the rest of his hair out against Arkansas. It is heavy in the SEC West. Heavy.

Dude, you are lost. Texas beat OU last year, atm fans were in a hurry to get to the Dixie Chicken for the dog and sheep show last game. Lol

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Lol a&m has lost 2 games to the #1 and #3 ranked teams and you're talking about sumlin getting fired... Lmao

Call me when BYU blows out a&m at home and then we'll talk

hookandladder
10-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Lol a&m has lost 2 games to the #1 and #3 ranked teams and you're talking about sumlin getting fired... Lmao

Call me when BYU blows out a&m at home and then we'll talk

I never said a word about Sumlin getting fired, I said if Strongs has results after 3 years like Sumlin has had the last two game then yes Strong would be on the hot seat. It does not matter what the teams ranking is, Texas expects to beat or play well against the best and not get blown out . Why do you think Mack is out, he done some great things at Texas however last 3 years he let the ship sink. Just the way it is at Texas, not for all schools.

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2014, 06:07 PM
Sumlin has lost 8 games in his first 3 years after inheriting less talent than is currently on the Longhorns roster, especially defensively.

You're full of crap because of Strong only loses 8 games in his first 3 years, UT people would be worshiping the ground he walks on much less be on the hot seat. Good chance he'll lose 8 THIS year.

hookandladder
10-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Sumlin has lost 8 games in his first 3 years after inheriting less talent than is currently on the Longhorns roster, especially defensively.

You're full of crap because of Strong only loses 8 games in his first 3 years, UT people would be worshiping the ground he walks on much less be on the hot seat. Good chance he'll lose 8 THIS year.

Saggy, you are clueless. No talent at ATM when Sumlin got there, LMAO

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Saggy, you are clueless. No talent at ATM when Sumlin got there, LMAO

I didn't say no talent... I said less talent than currently on Texas' team. They had a good o line and johnny on the bench

hookandladder
10-13-2014, 08:02 PM

I didn't say no talent... I said less talent than currently on Texas' team. They had a good o line and johnny on the bench

Your still full of **** on talent, how many Texas players drafted last year. I am betting you know the answer, Mack let the talent slide for the last 3 years and failed terrible at recruiting players. He had no idea on what system he wanted to run on offense, if Swoopes continues to improve I would not be surprised if Heard looked elsewhere because he is a spread QB and Strong wants a game manager.

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Who on the a&m team was good besides the oline? No one... Including sherman knew johnny was any good. Hell sherman was gonna start jameil showers at qb if he hadn't gotten fired...