PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Want To See Play?

Bullaholic
10-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Which teams in each Division would you like to see play in the Quarters, Semis, and SC games? Not necessarily who you think will be actually playing, but rather which teams you think would make for the best games to watch if they could happen.

hollywood
10-08-2014, 12:15 PM
It'll take me some research in Reg 3 and Reg 4, but I'll come up with mine. Good thread.

buckeyebob
10-08-2014, 02:06 PM
3rd or 4th Round...Gilmer & Gladewater...if nothing else, get 'em to shut up.

GobblersUnite
10-08-2014, 02:13 PM
3rd or 4th Round...Gilmer & Gladewater...if nothing else, get 'em to shut up.

Gobblers and Buckeyes in the final!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hands down the best high school football game these eyes have ever seen the last time they met in '09.

movethechain
10-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Hands down the best high school football game these eyes have ever seen the last time they met in '09.

Agreed !!!

movethechain
10-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Hardin-Jefferson vs Gladewater, at any point in the playoffs would be a slugfest I would like to see. Ground and pound at it's finest.

hollywood
10-08-2014, 02:30 PM

Listened to that one. Would have liked to been there. Stump train ruled.

hollywood
10-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Div 1
Stephenville vs Argyle semis
Stephenville vs Navasota SC

Div 2
Gilmer vs Celina semis
Gilmer vs La Margue/La Grange SC

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2014, 03:45 PM
4A Division 2

Quarter-finals

Region 1

Sweetwater vs. Celina (gives Sweetwater a chance to do what Snyder couldn't :devil: )

Region 2

Gilmer vs. Tatum (for lostaussie :D )

Region 3

La Grange vs. West Orange Stark

Region 4

Cuero vs. Sinton

Semi-finals

Sweetwater vs. Gilmer (gives Sweetwater a chance to do what Snyder and Wylie had absolutely no chance of doing :evillol: )

Sinton vs. West Orange Stark

State championship

Sweetwater vs. West Orange Stark (gives Sweetwater a chance to play the opponent they should've been playing for the SC in 1987 :dispntd: )

Phantom Stang
10-08-2014, 04:37 PM
4A Division 2

Quarter-finals

Region 1

Sweetwater vs. Celina (gives Sweetwater a chance to do what Snyder couldn't :devil: )

Region 2

Region 3

Region 4

Cuero vs. Sinton

Semi-finals

Sweetwater vs. Gilmer (gives Sweetwater a chance to do what Snyder and Wylie had absolutely no chance of doing :evillol: )

State championship

Sweetwater vs. West Orange Stark (gives Sweetwater a chance to play the opponent they should've been playing for the SC in 1987 :dispntd: )

I hadn't given any thought to the other Quarter finals, but the Sweetwater match-ups with Celina, Gilmer, and West Orange Stark are exactly what I was thinking about posting. I wouldn't be but a little surprised if it comes to pass. Heck, your entire post might prove to be true.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Navasota vs

REG III FINAL-West Columbia or El Campo
SEMIs- La Vernia or WACO Robinson (yes, I am aware that Robinson isn't in WACO..lol)
FINAL- Stephenville or Argyle/ Kennedale

toddg
10-08-2014, 04:48 PM
I love Sweetwater!!

regaleagle
10-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Kinda early to say at this point, but Argyle vs Van might be worth the ticket. I don't think Argyle has ever played Van. The game every Argyle fan really hopes to see is Argyle/Stephenville. That game will mean the Eagles will have done their business in Region II and will be ready to rumble with whoever is left standing....possibly Stephenville. One game to decide who's going to Jerryworld.

full circle
10-08-2014, 09:20 PM
uh, sweetwter aint goin that far, hate to bust your bubble

hollywood
10-08-2014, 09:43 PM
uh, sweetwter aint goin that far, hate to bust your bubble

No one has any idea what's coming!

Eagleborn
10-08-2014, 11:52 PM
I just hope we make the playoffs.

Aguilafanatico
10-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Kinda early to say at this point, but Argyle vs Van might be worth the ticket. I don't think Argyle has ever played Van. The game every Argyle fan really hopes to see is Argyle/Stephenville. That game will mean the Eagles will have done their business in Region II and will be ready to rumble with whoever is left standing....possibly Stephenville. One game to decide who's going to Jerryworld.

Stephenville has to get to the Eagles first.

YTBulldogs
10-09-2014, 12:04 AM

:thumbsup: Best I witnessed too. And, freaking coldest. Love to see a rematch.

Aggie98
10-09-2014, 12:08 AM
I want 'Sota. Any time, anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobcat1
10-09-2014, 06:42 AM
Cuero and Celina. :D

Pudlugger
10-09-2014, 08:14 AM
La Grange v:
Sweeny
Hardin-Jefferson
WOS
La Marque
Cuero
Gilmer

Aguilafanatico
10-09-2014, 08:19 AM
92 Cowboys vs 13 Seahawks.

buckeyebob
10-09-2014, 08:25 AM

I would vote for that...2004 Gilmer State Champion 3A, Div 1...2009 Gilmer State Champion 3A, Div 2 (Buckeye Land considers the Semi-Final Game as being the SC Game)...2014 Gilmer State Champion 4A, Div2...boy does that have a ring to it...& to have Cuero playing in it...priceless

+ buckeyedebbie, a transplanted foreigner from Victoria would be very pleased

buckeyebob
10-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Listened to that one. Would have liked to been there. Stump train ruled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bQ0eAwtA_4&feature=youtu.be

SEE IT NOW!!

panfan
10-09-2014, 08:33 AM
I think LH would Like another shot at Abilene Wylie post season and we certainly wouldn't mind seeing Burnet late in the playoff picture. But then again, I'm probably one of the few that thinks LH will make a deep playoff run.

Mr. Football
10-09-2014, 08:40 AM
:thumbsup: Best I witnessed too. And, freaking coldest. Love to see a rematch.

I agree that was an awesome game. It had to be in the 20s I think. Maybe a Cuero vs. Gilmer rematch is in the future.

buckeyebob
10-09-2014, 08:43 AM
4A Division 2

Quarter-finals

Region 1

Region 2

Region 3

Region 4

Cuero vs. Sinton

Semi-finals

State championship

You must be smoking something that effects your reasoning.

Rabid Cougar
10-09-2014, 08:46 AM
08 China Spring Vs 08 LaVega Settle the "question".

hollywood
10-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Stephenville has to get to the Eagles first.

Same for the Eagles. Both have to get there. Region 1 is tougher than in years past. It will be a tougher road this season. There is always a second time for everything but for what it's worth, Stephenville has lost just 1 classification game since dropping down in 2012. That was last year to Kilgore in the semi's. Stephenville's program is accustomed to playing much larger schools. The Aledo's, Everman's, Coppers Cove's, WF Rider's, Highland Park's, Denton Ryan's, etc. Stephenville is still playing at those levels. Time will tell. Good luck to all. Gotta love HS football.

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2014, 08:54 AM

and you must be smoking something that effects your ability to read Bull's question and you
obviously passed it over to FC because he doesn't seem to be able to read the question either.

hollywood
10-09-2014, 08:58 AM
and you must be smoking something that effects your ability to read Bull's question and you
obviously passed it over to FC because he doesn't seem to be able to read the question either.

:2thumbsup

hollywood
10-09-2014, 09:01 AM

bob likes to blow on big black and orange vuvuzelas!!

regaleagle
10-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Same for the Eagles. Both have to get there. Region 1 is tougher than in years past. It will be a tougher road this season. There is always a second time for everything but for what it's worth, Stephenville has lost just 1 classification game since dropping down in 2012. That was last year to Kilgore in the semi's. Stephenville's program is accustomed to playing much larger schools. The Aledo's, Everman's, Coppers Cove's, WF Rider's, Highland Park's, Denton Ryan's, etc. Stephenville is still playing at those levels. Time will tell. Good luck to all. Gotta love HS football.

Now that both teams are in the same division, a meeting between these schools will eventually happen. Maybe this season, maybe not....but soon.

buckeyebob
10-09-2014, 11:20 AM
bob likes to blow on big black and orange vuvuzelas!!

Orange Week...Visitor Side...next week will be our 1st Home Game of the season...will blow the Black Week...new BB's in the rattlers...District Play is starting...never played 'em...never been to Melissa...ain't often a country boy gets to go to the city...we are excited

YTBulldogs
10-09-2014, 11:55 AM
'83 Daingerfield vs. '14 LaGrange

This Daingerfield team and the '13 Allen club, best high school teams I ever seen in person.

Snotbubbles
10-09-2014, 12:08 PM
'83 Daingerfield vs. '14 LaGrange

This Daingerfield team and the '13 Allen club, best high school teams I ever seen in person.

Maybe D'field and Allen would be a better game? DFLD gave up 8 points the entire season in 83. Love to see what they could do against the big boy's. Not sure we'll ever see a defensive team like that again in today's type game. They were special, and fun for years afterwards just comparing them. Nice find YT.

YTBulldogs
10-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Maybe D'field and Allen would be a better game? DFLD gave up 8 points the entire season in 83. Love to see what they could do against the big boy's. Not sure we'll ever see a defensive team like that again in today's type game. They were special, and fun for years afterwards just comparing them. Nice find YT.

True, I first considered this match up, but--I think come the 2nd half, Allen size and depth would take over. Your right though, that Tiger "D" was one bad ass unit. 2 points in one game, and 6 in another, is all it gave up that special year.

movethechain
10-09-2014, 12:32 PM
True, I first considered this match up, but--I think come the 2nd half, Allen size and depth would take over. Your right though, that Tiger "D" was one bad ass unit. 2 points in one game, and 6 in another, is all it gave up that special year.

Their defense gave up those 8 points?

YTBulldogs
10-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Their defense gave up those 8 points?

True, their "D" didn't. Not sure how the 6 came about in that one game vs. Carthage in opening game I believe. They had 13 straight shut outs, 14 on the season.

YTBulldogs
10-09-2014, 12:41 PM
This is always great to watch, this time of year when we talk about the best teams ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9owTM9SyH0

YTBulldogs
10-09-2014, 12:44 PM
I see the 6 came on a interception. So, thanks movethechains. That "D" gave up zippo that year.

Ville-D
10-09-2014, 02:39 PM
I love Sweetwater!!

I love sweet milk

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2014, 02:51 PM
I want 'Sota. Any time, anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'll work too. Bring IT..:cool:

Bullaholic
10-09-2014, 03:08 PM

My popcorn sure seems to disappear when I read some of the responses, Red....:D. Seriously---thank everybody for you responses---on target or not with the thread question---every response triggers someone else's response or memory and that is a good thing when threads are self-perpetuating because somebody, somewhere, is interested or, in some cases---po'd enough to write a response.

toddg
10-09-2014, 03:11 PM
My popcorn sure seems to disappear when I read some of the responses, Red....:D. Seriously---thank everybody for you responses---on target or not with the thread question---every response triggers someone else's response or memory and that is a good thing when threads are self-perpetuating because somebody, somewhere, is interested or, in some cases---po'd enough to write a response.

IM PO'D about 0-5!!:foul:

waterboy
10-09-2014, 03:15 PM
I see the 6 came on a interception. So, thanks movethechains. That "D" gave up zippo that year.

No, the TD Daingerfield gave up that year was on a fake punt on 4th down against Carthage (a 4A semifinalist that year). The ball was actually tipped up in the air by a safety over the top when the corner covering fell down. The ball fell into the receiver's arm for a TD. That's if memory serves. I could be wrong about some of the details. Memory fades. That was 31 years ago.

The safety was against Kilgore in the opening game of the season when an errant snap went over the punter's head through the endzone. The Tigers still won that game 35-2. They beat Gilmer, who was ranked, the next week by a 14-0 score (got the most total yards against them at 288). Then came Carthage who played them tighter than anybody in losing 10-6 (net yardage on offense of 278 yards). After those first three games nobody scored on them the rest of the year. 13 straight shutouts. Their opponents averaged 1 foot per offensive play over that entire year including the yardage given up to Gilmer and Carthage, with several opponents having negative yards.

It was the most dominate defense I've ever seen on any level, bar none.

Bullaholic
10-09-2014, 04:14 PM
IM PO'D about 0-5!!:foul:

I sympathize with you, todd---sure hope your Indians don't go 0-10 like the Bulls last season----thank goodness they are 3-2 this season.

waterboy
10-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Division 1: Navasota and Argyle
Division 2: Gilmer and Cuero

Roughneck93
10-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Navasota vs

REG III FINAL-West Columbia or El Campo
SEMIs- La Vernia or WACO Robinson (yes, I am aware that Robinson isn't in WACO..lol)
FINAL- Stephenville or Argyle/ Kennedale

:2thumbsup

La Grange/La Marque/WOS/Gilmer matchup

Stephenville vs Argyle

Columbia playing whoever in December...:)